Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:23:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler on VH1
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler on VH1  (Read 25286 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2007, 07:21:29 PM »

Did u even watch the Rise of VR show?

He just acted so snobbish to the guys trying out like he was up on a superstar pedestal and they were beneath him and like in The "fall To Pieces" video, Its a real deep emotional song and video and Matt has to pretend to be a superpimp with his chicks in the corner........... I just don't care for him.

It did piss me off on BTM when he acted like he was offended and like pissed cause GNR had pianos............ I signed up for a rock band not this.......... COME ON, he wasnt complaining cashing those fat checks was he?  Just seemed so arrogant and ungrateful.

Fuck if he didnt like the pianos he should've quit. Drummers of his ilk are highly replaceable.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2007, 04:51:07 AM »

I really hate being classified a GNR fan with some of u on this forum who know jack fucking shit about this band even though u think u do.

How can Brain and Frank and these fucking guys be better than the guy who has some of the greatest drumming ever Laid down on a fucking CD?

Sayin this is almost as fucking dumb as sayin Bumble or Robin are better than Slash.

Have u ever listened to Appetite For Destruction?

I dont mean listen to Axl sing or Slash p lay guitar, I mean Really fucking listening to the CD where u hear everything.

Steven has some of the greatest Drum riffs EVER.? His drumming u can actually sing a long with. He has some iconic fuckin Drumming ability.

The drumming on the Illusions is nowhere on the level of AFD and nothing I have heard from Brain or Frank live measure up to Adler's brilliance.

I hate Steven Adler with a passion. I think he is a piece of shit washed up loser who blames everyone but himself for his problems BUT I REFUSE to discredit what an amazing drummer and what a great contribution he made to one of the greatest albums ever made.

So called GNR fans need to show this guy's skill some Fucking Respect and need a lesson on GNR history.

YOU are going to give ME a lesson in GNR history....I would love to hear this lesson coming from someone who thinks Steven Adler is the greatest drummer in the history of GNR....Dude he was a mediocre drummer...EVERYONE knows that...Part of the reason Axl re-recorded "Appetite" in the late 90's was to get rid of the drum parts...which he said sounded "too 80's"...Sorum, Brian and Frank have all played his drum parts from the "Appetite" songs better than he did...and now he is pimping himself out on VH1 with Vanilla Ice and Ron Jeremy...he makes me want to throw up.... 
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2007, 10:37:17 AM »

here you will find the link to the steven adler bit...http://www.vh1.com/vspot/player.jhtml?id=1550631&launchedFrom=/search/search.jhtml

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2007, 05:55:06 PM »

I really hate being classified a GNR fan with some of u on this forum who know jack fucking shit about this band even though u think u do.

How can Brain and Frank and these fucking guys be better than the guy who has some of the greatest drumming ever Laid down on a fucking CD?

Sayin this is almost as fucking dumb as sayin Bumble or Robin are better than Slash.

I dont mean listen to Axl sing or Slash p lay guitar, I mean Really fucking listening to the CD where u hear everything.

Steven has some of the greatest Drum riffs EVER.? His drumming u can actually sing a long with. He has some iconic fuckin Drumming ability.

The drumming on the Illusions is nowhere on the level of AFD and nothing I have heard from Brain or Frank live measure up to Adler's brilliance.

I hate Steven Adler with a passion. I think he is a piece of shit washed up loser who blames everyone but himself for his problems BUT I REFUSE to discredit what an amazing drummer and what a great contribution he made to one of the greatest albums ever made.

So called GNR fans need to show this guy's skill some Fucking Respect and need a lesson on GNR history.

YOU are going to give ME a lesson in GNR history....I would love to hear this lesson coming from someone who thinks Steven Adler is the greatest drummer in the history of GNR....Dude he was a mediocre drummer...EVERYONE knows that...Part of the reason Axl re-recorded "Appetite" in the late 90's was to get rid of the drum parts...which he said sounded "too 80's"...Sorum, Brian and Frank have all played his drum parts from the "Appetite" songs better than he did...and now he is pimping himself out on VH1 with Vanilla Ice and Ron Jeremy...he makes me want to throw up....?

Part of the reason he re-recorded appetite?

U show me that fucking interview where Axl says this and Ill delete my fucking account.

U are making THAT bullshit up.

His drumming sounded too 80's? What the fuck kind of comment is that? That is retarded.

torqued
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2007, 07:02:43 PM »

YOU are going to give ME a lesson in GNR history....I would love to hear this lesson coming from someone who thinks Steven Adler is the greatest drummer in the history of GNR....Dude he was a mediocre drummer...EVERYONE knows that...Part of the reason Axl re-recorded "Appetite" in the late 90's was to get rid of the drum parts...which he said sounded "too 80's"...Sorum, Brian and Frank have all played his drum parts from the "Appetite" songs better than he did...and now he is pimping himself out on VH1 with Vanilla Ice and Ron Jeremy...he makes me want to throw up....?

Part of the reason he re-recorded appetite?

U show me that fucking interview where Axl says this and Ill delete my fucking account.

U are making THAT bullshit up.

His drumming sounded too 80's? What the fuck kind of comment is that? That is retarded.

Axl did say that.I think it was the Kurt Loder interview but i'm not sure.

All my opinions are based on fact, therefore my opinions are technically fact ,so don't argue with me.
torqued
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2007, 07:09:45 PM »

http://qfg.info/axlinterview.html

Rose: No, no, that's not true at all. In fact, actually, I have re-recorded "Appetite" and --

Loder: You re-recorded "Appetite For Destruction?"

Rose: Yes, I have.

Loder: The whole album?

Rose: Yes.

Loder: Whoa.

Rose: Well, with the exception of two songs, because we replaced those with "You Could Be Mine," and "Patience," and why do that? Well, we had to rehearse them anyway to be able to perform them live again, and there were a lot of recording techniques and certain subtle styles and drum fills and things like that that are kind of '80s signatures that subtly could use a little sprucing up... a little less reverb and a little less double bass and things like that
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 07:11:49 PM by torqued » Logged

All my opinions are based on fact, therefore my opinions are technically fact ,so don't argue with me.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2007, 07:25:34 PM »

youtube???
yeah youtube....the site where you can watch videos and stuff......is that possible cos i aint seen it.....sounds good though
i know what youtube is i was asking for a link
rofl...oh right...sorry..ok http://www.youtube.com/

thats a creative URL  hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2007, 02:07:17 AM »

That Axl interview was in no way implying Steven was "Mediocre"

Nice try, he just wanted to change things.

Still yet, if u heard the new recorded, I guarantee it doesn't come close to the original.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2007, 02:37:04 AM »

Rose: No, no, that's not true at all. In fact, actually, I have re-recorded "Appetite" and --

Rose: Well, with the exception of two songs, because we replaced those with "You Could Be Mine," and "Patience," and why do that? Well, we had to rehearse them anyway to be able to perform them live again, and there were a lot of recording techniques and certain subtle styles and drum fills and things like that that are kind of '80s signatures that subtly could use a little sprucing up... a little less reverb and a little less double bass and things like that

so D, when are you deleting your account? you said Axl did not say they sounded "too 80's"...looks like he did say that...just like I said....thanks torqued for pulling that up by the way and saving me the trouble....great drum parts dont need to be spruced up do they?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 02:40:19 AM by JohnSDMF » Logged
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2007, 06:17:04 AM »

so D, when are you deleting your account? you said Axl did not say they sounded "too 80's"...looks like he did say that...just like I said....thanks torqued for pulling that up by the way and saving me the trouble....great drum parts dont need to be spruced up do they?

How anyone can argue that the other gnr drummers are better than steven is beyond me, they all lack a certain groove/feeling that steven had.

*Edit: Thnx snakepitter for the link  Grin
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 07:06:49 AM by Grouse » Logged
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2007, 10:42:49 AM »

ya, steven was the best, when he left izzy left and then the whole thing went to hell nervous

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
DaBrookman
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2007, 03:50:39 PM »

That's weird - there's no double bass on Appetite.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2007, 08:09:25 PM »

U guys ac ted like Axl said Adler was mediocre and the drums sucked and this and that.

Axl said some parts could use a little this or that but in NO way did he suggest Adler was mediocre or a shit drummer.

I guess Slash's solos in PC and SCOM should be redone also since they are too 80's?

I love Axl but he was an absolute fucking moron with that statement.

How can something sound TOO 80's or TOO anything.

AFD is a timeless masterpiece and he shouldn't fuck with it either.

I find the fact that he would waste so much time re doing that kind of sad and pathetic.

As if he hoped having the new members re-record Appetite would make them better players and figure out how to write great songs themselves.

AMS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2007, 08:43:17 PM »

Axl is an egomaniac now. It started during 1989, and it grew during the Illusions. He is whacked out of his mind now.

All the original GN'R members are fine now except for him and Steven. Steven blew a (what was it, $2 million?) royalties check from AFD on drugs. Even though his drumming was irreplacable on AFD, he is kind of a loser NOW. But back then, he was my favorite member.

Axl doesn't know what he's doing messing with the original GN'R material. He had the original "It's So Easy" music video, in which he punches out Erin Everly,? mastertapes destroyed in fears of getting sued. He re-recored Welcome To The Jungle for the Live Era CD. And either Axl or the record company, probably Axl, got rid of the original Sweet Child Of Mine video, and made a black and white one, which was completely cheesy.?

And by the way, Steven Adler in the AFD era was the perfect drummer for GN'R. Without Steven Adler there would probably be no Slash. He taught Slash his first chords, and started Road Crew with him.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 08:45:28 PM by AMS » Logged
aimz
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2007, 07:44:41 AM »

cant get it in my country......
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2007, 11:19:34 AM »

all these fags bashing old gnr members suck ass.

Read these words

Without Them You Wouldnt Have Any form Of GNR

youd have hollywood rose, who wouldnt get anywhere cause traci went into like 50 other bands.

html sucks
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2007, 01:02:00 PM »

Steven has some of the greatest Drum riffs EVER.  His drumming u can actually sing a long with. He has some iconic fuckin Drumming ability.

YOU are going to give ME a lesson in GNR history....I would love to hear this lesson coming from someone who thinks Steven Adler is the greatest drummer in the history of GNR....Dude he was a mediocre drummer...EVERYONE knows that...Part of the reason Axl re-recorded "Appetite" in the late 90's was to get rid of the drum parts...which he said sounded "too 80's"...Sorum, Brian and Frank have all played his drum parts from the "Appetite" songs better than he did...and now he is pimping himself out on VH1 with Vanilla Ice and Ron Jeremy...he makes me want to throw up.... 

Adler's drumming on AFD is great. Way better than Sorum could ever do. Listen to his drumming on Contraband.. ew.. even on the UYI records.. sounds like a robot is hitting the drums on a bunch of the songs.

Don't see how you can hate on a drummer with a great groove like Adler.

And dude your "Axl must agree with me too because he wanted to re-record AFD" comment lacks logic. He wanted to re-record ALL of AFD. Does that mean he hated Slash's work too? All he said was that he wanted to get rid of some of the reverb and double bass. Was he gonna tell Loder EVERYTHING they were gonna do to re-record it? No. He just told him something off the top of his head. And even then, that's a production complaint... he doesn't like the way it was mixed and produced. Doesn't comment on Steven's playing ability at all.

Adler > Sorum
Sorum = Drum Machine

As for the new GN'R drummers.. Brain and Frank. They kill Sorum too. Probably better than Adler too... but even then, Adler put his own touch on Appetite and it's a classic partly because of the groove he and Duff gave to the rythm section.

Just admit it, you're a Adler hater for no reason.  ok

and now he is pimping himself out on VH1 with Vanilla Ice and Ron Jeremy...he makes me want to throw up.... 

Because you never see Slash on those cheesy 100 Best *Insert something here* VH1 countdowns? Or VW commercials? Or http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=42730.0?

The face of some trendy clothing line. Way to go guys!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 01:06:46 PM by -Jack- » Logged

gnrevolution.com
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2007, 02:44:37 PM »

Because you never see Slash on those cheesy 100 Best *Insert something here* VH1 countdowns? Or VW commercials? Or http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=42730.0?

Yeah and ofcourse you'll never see axl doing anything like that....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jVqCL9mkwo
Tonrey
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2007, 08:11:57 PM »

Adler is an amazing, amazing drummer. I want some more music from him.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2007, 09:23:03 PM »

Yeah and ofcourse you'll never see axl doing anything like that....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jVqCL9mkwo

Not only has Axl done that.. but he's pimped out WTTJ for GTA:SA.... I'm sure he's done more too.

I just assumed this guy was a Slash lover or something. Everybody has "sold out" and for him to criticize Adler for doing it is incredibly stupid.

gnrevolution.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: