Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:10:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler on VH1
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler on VH1  (Read 25292 times)
guns_n_motley
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2007, 09:45:33 PM »

Did u even watch the Rise of VR show?

He just acted so snobbish to the guys trying out like he was up on a superstar pedestal and they were beneath him and like in The "fall To Pieces" video, Its a real deep emotional song and video and Matt has to pretend to be a superpimp with his chicks in the corner........... I just don't care for him.

It did piss me off on BTM when he acted like he was offended and like pissed cause GNR had pianos............ I signed up for a rock band not this.......... COME ON, he wasnt complaining cashing those fat checks was he?? Just seemed so arrogant and ungrateful.

Fuck if he didnt like the pianos he should've quit. Drummers of his ilk are highly replaceable.

what about when they were picking singers, and he acted like he knew more than duff/slash about it. he comes off whiny to me...

I BET adler will be on the next surreal life. you can count on it.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2007, 09:50:09 PM »

OH and btw, those saying sorum is better than adler must be on something!! Adler played with groove. Sorum plays like a robot. when I listen to anything he does, I can tell "hes gonna do a crash right now" he does stuff in the SAME place and pretty much plays the SAME BEAT..

adler had groove.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2007, 06:15:14 AM »

Yeah and ofcourse you'll never see axl doing anything like that....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jVqCL9mkwo

Not only has Axl done that.. but he's pimped out WTTJ for GTA:SA.... I'm sure he's done more too.

I just assumed this guy was a Slash lover or something. Everybody has "sold out" and for him to criticize Adler for doing it is incredibly stupid.

And I assumed you were just another mindless axl follower hehe guess I was wrong, let's stop assuming? Wink...

I agree with your post that everyone has "sold out" and that it's stupid to criticize adler for doing it and to be honest I could't care less if they "sold out" or not 'cause as long as the music is good they can do whatever they want...
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2007, 12:32:03 PM »

Yeah and ofcourse you'll never see axl doing anything like that....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jVqCL9mkwo

Not only has Axl done that.. but he's pimped out WTTJ for GTA:SA.... I'm sure he's done more too.

I just assumed this guy was a Slash lover or something. Everybody has "sold out" and for him to criticize Adler for doing it is incredibly stupid.

And I assumed you were just another mindless axl follower hehe guess I was wrong, let's stop assuming  Wink...

I agree with your post that everyone has "sold out" and that it's stupid to criticize adler for doing it and to be honest I could't care less if they "sold out" or not 'cause as long as the music is good they can do whatever they want...

Lol yeah assuming can be stupid sometimes eh?

And yeah that's what I was getting at. Everyone has sold out.. so who cares? If Adler wants to show up on Surreal Life and hang out on VH1.. let him. I have no idea what the guy is like personally and would enjoy to see it more. Hell.. the show made me think Vanilla Ice is cool.. (and he is!)

Point is.. he's a great drummer.. lots of rythm and swing. I don't see how people can think plod and clod Sorum is better. But each to his own I guess.

gnrevolution.com
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2007, 02:49:08 PM »

OH and btw, those saying sorum is better than adler must be on something!! Adler played with groove. Sorum plays like a robot. when I listen to anything he does, I can tell "hes gonna do a crash right now" he does stuff in the SAME place and pretty much plays the SAME BEAT..

adler had groove.

yeah adler had groove...it was called 5 pounds of coke and a case of vodka in his system....
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2007, 03:53:42 PM »

Adler had a great groove. Probably he still has it; Smiley
His drumming was (is) catchy. He was (is) GREAT.  Cheesy

Yeah, Matt is more of a machine-like drummer.   hihi
I liked the robot comparison.   rofl
It fits.
But he is good anyway.

I also like the kids that don't know shit about Adler and his playing and like to talk shit about him. It is funny how easy it is to bad talk a drug addict. And since these kids can NOT bad talk Adler for his drumming they always say something about "coke" and "heroin" and "drugs" to put Adler down.  drool
These are the same kids that would take Use Your Illusion to a desert island, because they think that November Rain and Estranged are the greatest GNR songs. I'd take one Nightrain to that island with an Appetite for Destruction under my arm. Oh, I would definetely manage to smuggle some GNR bootlegs circa 1986-89. Adler time. Izzy time. Good fuckin' times!
Luciano
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2007, 07:35:27 PM »

I also like the kids that don't know shit about Adler and his playing and like to talk shit about him. It is funny how easy it is to bad talk a drug addict. And since these kids can NOT bad talk Adler for his drumming they always say something about "coke" and "heroin" and "drugs" to put Adler down.?

How is the following for a reason not to like Steven . . . ?    ok

Former Guns 'N Roses drummer Steven Adler was sentenced to 150 days in jail on Thursday for attacking two women in separate domestic violence incidents, which also violates his probation from a 1997 conviction in another domestic violence case.
He pled no contest to two counts of battery in a dating relationship and admitted the probation violation in West Los Angeles Municipal Court. Adler was also sentenced to three years of summary probation, with the conditions of undergoing a year of domestic violence counseling and a ban on using illegal drugs. Additionally, a protective order was issued by Commissioner Joseph S. Biderman in respect to both victims. Adler is required to turn himself in to the court at 1:45 p.m. on October 29 to begin serving his sentence or show proof that he's turned himself into a city jail.

The two incidents in question occurred on January 27 and on June 7, respectively. The first erupted from a verbal argument spawned between Adler and a 43-year-old woman in his North Hollywood apartment over his alleged drug use. The victim was allegedly thrown against walls and furniture during the attack. She called 911 for assistance, however, Adler had already left the premises and couldn't be located at the time.

He was eventually found in the spring, living in a condominium in Century City, California, where he was taken into custody on an arrest warrant regarding a probation violation. He was then booked and released after posting bail.

The warrant had been issued in August of 1997 for failing to appear in court for a February of 1997 domestic violence case, which involved the woman he was living with at the time. In the 1997 case, Adler pled no contest to disturbing the peace and was sentenced to four days in jail. He was also placed on three years of summary probation, with a condition of attending 52 Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.

In the spring arrest, Adler was charged with this probation violation as well as for the January incident. While he was awaiting his trial, he allegedly attacked another woman at his condominium on June 7. Adler allegedly pushed the 35-year-old woman's head into a wall and threw her clothes off a balcony during a dispute over money.? (Wikpedia)

This is the way Steven conducts his personal life, pretty fucked up!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 07:49:05 PM by pugdog1987 » Logged
dafflovesaxl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2007, 06:12:49 AM »

Hi well I like Steve Adler and unfortunately I cant view the VH1 cause Im in the UK and even online it wouldnt let me view the link that someone kindly pasted in the adler forum.  Damn.  Maybe in time technology will advance a bit more.

Earlier on in  this thread some people were running Adler and each other down  (I havent read all through it, aint got time).  In his defence, I agree with the ones who said leave the guy alone, at the same time I know we all like to have a bit of a conflab on these threads so I dont read too much into it, I am sure Steve doesn't either, if he even bothers looking.  Wink

Sometimes I wish I knew Steve and could be his close mate but hey, I guess I live a wee bit too far away for that lol.

I for one wish Steve all the best in what he does, and all of you guys take care too, have a great weekend.  Hopefully I will get time this weekend to suss out my multitracker (not losing my rag of course, not !!).

Grin
luciano
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2007, 08:09:02 AM »

How is the following for a reason not to like Steven . . . ? ok
Former Guns 'N Roses drummer Steven Adler was sentenced to 150 days in jail on Thursday for attacking two women in separate domestic violence incidents. (...)

I couldn't care less about his personal life. People make mistakes. Specially Rock n' Roll people. As far as I know, in some point of their life Axl and Izzy also have been accused of beating on women. That's fuckep up. Some of my favourite musicians have done lots of stupid things in their personal life. As long as they don't kill someone or really hurt someone, I just don't care. What I care about is the music, and Steven's music is GREAT!
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2007, 12:05:09 PM »

Okay, so are you saying that since he's a musician it is okay to hurt other people, their families and mess with their lives?  My feeling is that no one should be able to do that.  Yes he was a great drummer for GnR, but as far as being a great human being. . . ? 

What I want to say to you is, do you think it is right to talk about other people because of their views of Steven?  Let's face it, you have yours, I have mine and they have theirs. 
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2007, 12:51:18 PM »

I also like the kids that don't know shit about Adler and his playing and like to talk shit about him. It is funny how easy it is to bad talk a drug addict. And since these kids can NOT bad talk Adler for his drumming they always say something about "coke" and "heroin" and "drugs" to put Adler down. 

How is the following for a reason not to like Steven . . . ?    ok

Former Guns 'N Roses drummer Steven Adler was sentenced to 150 days in jail on Thursday for attacking two women in separate domestic violence incidents, which also violates his probation from a 1997 conviction in another domestic violence case.
He pled no contest to two counts of battery in a dating relationship and admitted the probation violation in West Los Angeles Municipal Court. Adler was also sentenced to three years of summary probation, with the conditions of undergoing a year of domestic violence counseling and a ban on using illegal drugs. Additionally, a protective order was issued by Commissioner Joseph S. Biderman in respect to both victims. Adler is required to turn himself in to the court at 1:45 p.m. on October 29 to begin serving his sentence or show proof that he's turned himself into a city jail.

The two incidents in question occurred on January 27 and on June 7, respectively. The first erupted from a verbal argument spawned between Adler and a 43-year-old woman in his North Hollywood apartment over his alleged drug use. The victim was allegedly thrown against walls and furniture during the attack. She called 911 for assistance, however, Adler had already left the premises and couldn't be located at the time.

He was eventually found in the spring, living in a condominium in Century City, California, where he was taken into custody on an arrest warrant regarding a probation violation. He was then booked and released after posting bail.

The warrant had been issued in August of 1997 for failing to appear in court for a February of 1997 domestic violence case, which involved the woman he was living with at the time. In the 1997 case, Adler pled no contest to disturbing the peace and was sentenced to four days in jail. He was also placed on three years of summary probation, with a condition of attending 52 Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.

In the spring arrest, Adler was charged with this probation violation as well as for the January incident. While he was awaiting his trial, he allegedly attacked another woman at his condominium on June 7. Adler allegedly pushed the 35-year-old woman's head into a wall and threw her clothes off a balcony during a dispute over money.  (Wikpedia)

This is the way Steven conducts his personal life, pretty fucked up!

So do you hate fucking Axl?

He's been accused of worse.

You just hate Adler cause you're a punk! Everyone in GN'R has done stupid shit.

Axl has beat women (and if you read about his court case with Stephanie Seymour you'd know he did MUCH worse/weird things than Adler) http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=32

Izzy has been accused of hitting women and was an adict.

Slash was an adict.

Duff had a serious drinking problem and was an adict.

The point is that you know nothing about Adler besides some civil court case you read up about. I don't hate any member of GN'R based off something I read or don't know for sure. What I do know for sure is that Sorum's drumming and attitude seem nothing special to me.. and I know that for sure.

gnrevolution.com
luciano
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2007, 10:30:45 AM »

Okay, so are you saying that since he's a musician it is okay to hurt other people, their families and mess with their lives? My feeling is that no one should be able to do that. Yes he was a great drummer for GnR, but as far as being a great human being. . . ? What I want to say to you is, do you think it is right to talk about other people because of their views of Steven? Let's face it, you have yours, I have mine and they have theirs.

Sure you have your view and I have mine. But OBVIOUSLY I am NOT saying it is okay to hurt people and stuff. Of course it is NOT OK. It is stupid and people who do that should be punished. But when I listen to music, I am not looking for great human beings. I can find great human beings in my home and when I am with my friends. They are great human beings.

What I am saying is that it is pretty stupid to bad talk Steven because of drugs or misbehavior. We all know (well, maybe some of you guys DO NOT KNOW) that ALL the guys in GNR did similar or WORSE stuff, just like -Jack- pointed out on his thread.

(-Jack-, I couldn't have said it better).

It is a very known thing that disturbed people (that sometimes happen to be alcoholics & junkies) can sometimes do great music. Guns n' Roses is a perfect example. I don't think there were as many disturbed people as Axl was. And I could go on and do a list for you: Dee Dee Ramone, Bon Scott, Keith Richards, Johnny Thunders, Aerosmith... These guys were fucked up on alcohol and drugs for years and yet they made great music. If being a great human had anything to do with great music, we would be listening to Martin Luther King greatest hits, The Nelson Mandella's Experience, and etc...

Luciano
dafflovesaxl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2007, 03:47:49 PM »

Good point made by Pugdog.  So have any of you guys or girls had any dealings with Steve Adler recently, now he is older I am assuming he has calmed down somewhat but not knowing him I dont know that.

Talking of people doing stupid things, I have done some pretty stupid things in my time, same as us all in one way or another, we wouldnt be human.  Rock stars, unfortunately are noticed more for this and of course media make a lot more of it than it really is.

I wouldnt say no to a fling with Axl or Steve (not both at the same time lol), but I would say no to violent behaviour towards me, been there, sorted it out and moved on but it isnt nice when it happens to you so I do sympathise with anyone who has endured it.

Right Ive waffled enough now, take care, Daff xx
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2007, 04:02:58 PM »

Well I agree with Jack's and Luciano's post.. no suprise there Tongue
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2007, 01:23:33 PM »

IzzyDutch -

Of course, absolutely, no surprise there - they could have said that the sky was falling and you would agree, if only to disagree with me. 

And as I told Jack, I don't talk trash about the other guys because I do not know them.  I only knew Steven. 

And IzzyD, if you take a moment to read the Wikpedia chapter, please note that I am the woman first mentioned - the one that Steven lived with.  You are always telling people that I am this old broad that was only with Steven for 3 months.  In fact, that is the second woman mentioned in the chapter.  She lived in the same building as Steven in North Hollylwood.  So, I am hoping - only hoping - that you will get your facts straight and stop making statements about me that are untrue - true of someone else, but that is not me. 

IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2007, 02:15:02 PM »

IzzyDutch -

Of course, absolutely, no surprise there - they could have said that the sky was falling and you would agree, if only to disagree with me.?

And as I told Jack, I don't talk trash about the other guys because I do not know them.? I only knew Steven.?

And IzzyD, if you take a moment to read the Wikpedia chapter, please note that I am the woman first mentioned - the one that Steven lived with.? You are always telling people that I am this old broad that was only with Steven for 3 months.? In fact, that is the second woman mentioned in the chapter.? She lived in the same building as Steven in North Hollylwood.? So, I am hoping - only hoping - that you will get your facts straight and stop making statements about me that are untrue - true of someone else, but that is not me.?

I knew you would reply on my short post! I bet you've missed me Wink

As for this line:

You are always telling people that I am this old broad that was only with Steven for 3 months.?

In fact, that's me repeating what other people have said to me who know Steven - I'm sure you know who.?
But I'm not gonna get into this whole thing again, Jack and Luciano have said it well.

And IzzyD, if you take a moment to read the Wikpedia chapter blah blah So, I am hoping - only hoping - that you will get your facts straight and stop making statements about me that are untrue - true of someone else, but that is not me

That's nice you begin about this but I haven't even spoken to you in several months now on this board so stop coming up with that kind of shit and respond properly to Jack and Luciano's post!

pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2007, 03:13:00 PM »

Izzy D - I too knew you wouldn't be able to resist responding to my posts.?

With regard to Luciano and Jack - please know that I will handle responses to posts the way I see fit.?

You are correct in stating, however, that you and I have not corresponded in months, but you have responded to posts of others by talking trash about me and frankly I do get tired of you making untrue statements about me - even if your defense is that you heard it from someone else - yes I know who he is and his claims to be a close, personal friend of Steven's.? ? ?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 03:16:21 PM by pugdog1987 » Logged
dafflovesaxl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2007, 07:35:42 AM »

I think a lot of threads are misinterpretated - having read through them I can agree, and disagree with points that each and every one of you have put.  We all have opinions and have our own ways of voicing them.  Afterall, be pretty boring if we all had the same opinions and ideas wouldnt it.

xx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: