Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:13:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR and Chinese Democracy mention in American University student newspaper...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR and Chinese Democracy mention in American University student newspaper...  (Read 2662 times)
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« on: February 01, 2007, 12:57:51 PM »

No news or anything, just thought y'all would wanna see this.  Here's the GNR portion:

Check some "Most Anticipated Albums" lists in The Eagle archive from the past 15 years, and there is a good chance that you will find a mention of "Chinese Democracy" on almost all of them. By now, why does anyone get their hopes up for any chance of a new Guns 'n' Roses album? Maybe everyone put their faith in the wretched heart of Axl Rose because they believe that it could be the most epic album ever conceived, as if Meat Loaf, Mozart and Medusa got together one night and jammed. Maybe everyone believes in one of the biggest jerks in the music business because the release of the album will complete the circle of life or have an equally profound effect on the world's population. Or maybe everyone still cares because they know whenever "Chinese Democracy" finally comes out, it will be the costliest musical disaster of the century, and the world will finally be able to sleep in peace again.

http://media.www.theeagleonline.com/media/storage/paper666/news/2007/02/01/TheScene/New-HipHop.Rock.May.Finally.Drop.In.2007-2690713.shtml?sourcedomain=www.theeagleonline.com&MIIHost=media.collegepublisher.com

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 01:07:40 PM »

"American University"  Shocked----never heard of it hihi

wonder who gives a fuck what there opinions are Grin
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 01:10:04 PM »

It's a pretty famous college.

destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 01:12:31 PM »

"American University"  Shocked----never heard of it hihi

It's "their opinions"..... not "there"... maybe you should sign up for American University

Smiley

In case anyone is wondering about American University, it's a major college located in Washington DC, USA. It's student newspaper is actually quite popular, quite a few students "give a fuck" what their opinons are. Student newspapers all across the country will reach many, many potential CD buyers when the record does come out.

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 01:13:29 PM »

It's a pretty famous college.

to who? ?I've been a recruiter/headhunter in the pharmaceutical industry and on wall stareet for 10 yrs; never been asked to "find me some one from American U" ok
GeraldFord
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 01:13:56 PM »

Pretty funny! No such thing as bad press!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 01:14:19 PM »

"American University"? Shocked----never heard of it hihi

It's "their opinions"..... not "there"... maybe you should sign up for American University

Smiley

In case anyone is wondering about American University, it's a major college located in Washington DC, USA. It's student newspaper is actually quite popular, quite a few students "give a fuck" what their opinons are. Student newspapers all across the country will reach many, many potential CD buyers when the record does come out.

15% of there students come from the US
--maybe it's not to famous here
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 01:15:46 PM »

"American University"? Shocked----never heard of it hihi

Smiley

GFY
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 01:21:39 PM »

Well...I'm not going to argue with anyone here...that wasn't my point.  But it is a pretty well-known university.  If you hav'nt heard about it, big deal.  I was amazed a few weeks ago with so many people who had never heard of the Christian Science Monitor too, so whatever.

Anyway, here are a few famous people who are alumni from American University: David Gregory, David Aldridge, Robert Byrd, Star Jones, Barry Levinson, Willard Scott, Judge Judy

GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 03:24:31 PM »

I go to University of Maryland, which is very close to American. It's not a super big school, and I would much rather get an education here than at American.

On topic, our student newspaper, "The Diamondback" did it's own most anticipated albums list last week, and Chinese Democracy topped the list at number one.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 03:34:16 PM »

not to sound emo
i think that CD will tell (smart) people that you can do what ever you want, no matter what people say.

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 03:46:38 PM »

chinese democracy is not most expensive record ever made
invincible by michael jackson wins for long shot... he spent 30 millions dollar only recording it.. plus 25 millions promoting it

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 04:10:19 PM »

not to sound emo
i think that CD will tell (smart) people that you can do what ever you want, no matter what people say.
That's of course if you have the money  Grin

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 04:22:47 PM »

chinese democracy is not most expensive record ever made
invincible by michael jackson wins for long shot... he spent 30 millions dollar only recording it.. plus 25 millions promoting it

Actually he spent about $3 million recording it, and after one promo video the label pulled the plug on any future promotions including a tour because Jackson wasn't renewing his contract with Sony. That's when all those allegations of racism came into play. Point being, no, you're wrong.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 01:51:51 AM by JonathanvonDoom » Logged
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 05:08:47 PM »

I believe it is a big political science school.  People usually go there to get into politics.  You know, not have a real job. 

Ritz Reeves III
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: