Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 01:18:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227992 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Rolling Stone - The Axl Rose Edict
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rolling Stone - The Axl Rose Edict  (Read 20028 times)
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2007, 08:33:09 PM »

wow, some of the people on rolling stone sound like us:

>nico1138 | 2/1/2007, 8:19 pm EST
>In the last GNR british tour, during Paradise City, Axl Rose lost his voice, and Sebastian Bach replace him.
>in that moment, none of the band memers playing on stage were Guns n Roses.
>THAT?S A TRIBUTE BAND, NOT GUNS N ROSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! !!!

>bob | 2/1/2007, 8:04 pm EST
>GNR is not GNR with Axl and four studio musicians.

>Nick | 2/1/2007, 8:02 pm EST
>Slash was 50% of the creative force behind GN?R. The fact that Axl has failed to release a GN?R album since Slash?s >departure is testament to this. In fact, Axl?s lack of activity was one of the reasons that drove Slash to leave!
>barrel | 2/1/2007, 7:55 pm EST

>why cant all band breakups be like rage against the machines? break up, make new decent band, then reunite >when we really start to miss ya

>roo | 2/1/2007, 7:49 pm EST
>gnr is not gnr without both slash and axl

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2007, 08:35:29 PM »

It sorta pisses me off though with the axl rose edict, b/c it short changes alot of contributions made by slash, duff, and especially IZZY!  I mean dont get me wrong, yes Axl is a very talented guy, and he did contribute alot but there are atleast four other people he shares a stage with.  As much as I love the new music and band, I hate to see everyone else get shortchanged.

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2007, 08:37:53 PM »

Rolling Stone still sucks, but they just scored a few points with me!  yes

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2007, 08:43:25 PM »

>In the last GNR british tour, during Paradise City, Axl Rose lost his voice, and Sebastian Bach replace him.

Most real fans would know that Izzy was on stage a that point.

You know, one Mr. Izzy Stradlin. Maybe it rings a bell to some people...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2007, 08:56:58 PM »

Most real fans would know that Izzy was on stage a that point.

You know, one Mr. Izzy Stradlin. Maybe it rings a bell to some people...

/jarmo

A real fan would also know that Axl was ill and collapsed - he didn't lose his voice.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2007, 09:02:20 PM »

True.

But you know, who needs actual facts when you can make shit up....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bigblue88112
Headliner

"All the way from California" -- 11/10/2006

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2007, 10:04:12 PM »

So they wrote something that pertained to GN'R AND music in general.

RS just moved up two notches, from zero to two.

Only to move back down in several days...

Democracy is coming:  November 23, 2008

"Then again, this is Guns N' Roses, where the laws of physics do not apply."
--Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2007, 10:17:29 PM »

I think it comes down to defining "creative force".  If it means the person that "forced" the creation, regardless of who actually  created it (riffs, music, lyrics, etc), then The Axl Rose Edict is a valid one,  as you could argue that it was Axl Rose, even though he didn't write everything,  who essentially "forced" the creation into what we know today. This would especially pertain to the 91-94 time period of the band.

If "creative force" is who actually did the creating, then perhaps RS is giving Axl too much credit. 

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2007, 10:31:21 PM »

I think it comes down to defining "creative force".  If it means the person that "forced" the creation, regardless of who actually  created it (riffs, music, lyrics, etc), then The Axl Rose Edict is a valid one,  as you could argue that it was Axl Rose, even though he didn't write everything,  who essentially "forced" the creation into what we know today. This would especially pertain to the 91-94 time period of the band.

If "creative force" is who actually did the creating, then perhaps RS is giving Axl too much credit. 

If you look at the writing credits, Axl is credited for having written more Lyrics and music then anyone else in the band. So therefore he is/was the creative force behind the band.
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2007, 10:50:13 PM »

agreed!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2007, 11:29:04 PM »

haha that article is awesome and pretty spot on.

the only exception to the van halen rule would be the Gary Cherone-era, which pretty much every van halen fan pretends never happened.

i know there are a few bands that had no original members left. i might be completely wrong but i remember at some point Quiet Riot replaced Kevin Dubrow for a short period with Paul Shortino at a time when the rest of the band where not original members (ie: randy rhodes, kelly garni, or drew forsythe). I never understood how that worked.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2007, 11:33:42 PM »

haha that article is awesome and pretty spot on.

the only exception to the van halen rule would be the Gary Cherone-era, which pretty much every van halen fan pretends never happened.

i know there are a few bands that had no original members left. i might be completely wrong but i remember at some point Quiet Riot replaced Kevin Dubrow for a short period with Paul Shortino at a time when the rest of the band where not original members (ie: randy rhodes, kelly garni, or drew forsythe). I never understood how that worked.

Garry Cherone was in Van Halen? I... don't know what you're talking about...

I guess the people at RS are split on Axl. They love him one month and hate him the next.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2007, 11:40:41 PM »

It all goes back to what Ive stated since day one here.

I am one of the biggest Axl supporters and fans in the world, but I dont think its right or fair to shortchange the other band members.

U don't have to slag off the Original band to love the new band and a True GNR fan would know the contributions of the original members and not shortchange them either.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2007, 12:29:10 AM »

It all goes back to what Ive stated since day one here.

I am one of the biggest Axl supporters and fans in the world, but I dont think its right or fair to shortchange the other band members.

totally agree!

U don't have to slag off the Original band to love the new band and a True GNR fan would know the contributions of the original members and not shortchange them either.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2007, 12:52:32 AM »

It sorta pisses me off though with the axl rose edict, b/c it short changes alot of contributions made by slash, duff, and especially IZZY!  I mean dont get me wrong, yes Axl is a very talented guy, and he did contribute alot but there are atleast four other people he shares a stage with.  As much as I love the new music and band, I hate to see everyone else get shortchanged.

Nobody is getting shortchanged, christ.  Roll Eyes

They are simply justifying why Axl Rose can carry on Guns N' Roses.   Its what he has done here, there is no dispute.   In 2006, I saw Guns 4 times.   
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2007, 01:26:16 AM »

I think it comes down to defining "creative force".? If it means the person that "forced" the creation, regardless of who actually? created it (riffs, music, lyrics, etc), then The Axl Rose Edict is a valid one,? as you could argue that it was Axl Rose, even though he didn't write everything,? who essentially "forced" the creation into what we know today. This would especially pertain to the 91-94 time period of the band.

If "creative force" is who actually did the creating, then perhaps RS is giving Axl too much credit.?

If you look at the writing credits, Axl is credited for having written more Lyrics and music then anyone else in the band. So therefore he is/was the creative force behind the band.

See, it depends on how one defines creative force.  You define it as whom ever created "the most".  If thats how you define it, and I'm not saying you're wrong, then yes he is the creative force.  I consider Axl the creative force because of the first cenario, as he is also doing it with the current lineup.  Although I do not know who exactly has written what on the new material, but I assume Axl did not "create" all of it.  Maybe he wrote most of it, but even if he only wrote some of it,  he is still the one who brings it all together.  He seems to bring the band's ideas and contributions together, for this lineup and the old, thus being the creative force behind it. Bands name, GNR.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2007, 01:53:07 AM »

hihi I wonder how long it will take before this thread get moved to the dead horse section....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2007, 02:16:57 AM »

I think it comes down to defining "creative force".? If it means the person that "forced" the creation, regardless of who actually? created it (riffs, music, lyrics, etc), then The Axl Rose Edict is a valid one,? as you could argue that it was Axl Rose, even though he didn't write everything,? who essentially "forced" the creation into what we know today. This would especially pertain to the 91-94 time period of the band.

If "creative force" is who actually did the creating, then perhaps RS is giving Axl too much credit.?

See, it depends on how one defines creative force.? You define it as whom ever created "the most".? If thats how you define it, and I'm not saying you're wrong, then yes he is the creative force.? I consider Axl the creative force because of the first cenario, as he is also doing it with the current lineup.? Although I do not know who exactly has written what on the new material, but I assume Axl did not "create" all of it.? Maybe he wrote most of it, but even if he only wrote some of it,? he is still the one who brings it all together.? He seems to bring the band's ideas and contributions together, for this lineup and the old, thus being the creative force behind it. Bands name, GNR.

Ok so Axl was the guitarst, Bassist, Drummer and Producer of AFD and UYI's and Lies............................ Roll Eyes

He contributed but I personally feel Izzy and Slash contributed just as much as Axl did.

If Axl had CC Deville laying down his riffs, We more than likely wouldn't be on here worshipping him today. remember that!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2007, 02:51:18 AM »

See, it depends on how one defines creative force.? You define it as whom ever created "the most".? If thats how you define it, and I'm not saying you're wrong, then yes he is the creative force.? I consider Axl the creative force because of the first cenario, as he is also doing it with the current lineup.? Although I do not know who exactly has written what on the new material, but I assume Axl did not "create" all of it.? Maybe he wrote most of it, but even if he only wrote some of it,? he is still the one who brings it all together.? He seems to bring the band's ideas and contributions together, for this lineup and the old, thus being the creative force behind it. Bands name, GNR.

Ok so Axl was the guitarst, Bassist, Drummer and Producer of AFD and UYI's and Lies............................ Roll Eyes

He contributed but I personally feel Izzy and Slash contributed just as much as Axl did.

If Axl had CC Deville laying down his riffs, We more than likely wouldn't be on here worshipping him today. remember that!

Hmm, in no way did I imply that Axl did all of those things, nor did I mean that Axl's contributions were more important than any of the band members, past or present.  I just consider creative force more than the act of writing, playing, producing, etc, and put more emphasize on who is "forcing" the creation, which is why I bring up the 91-94 period, as that seemed to be Axl's vision of the band, the epic videos, horn sections, etc. 

Oh, and the whole CC Deville thing, that kind of logic can go on and on and doesn't prove much.  CC deville would most likely destroy any band.  What if he was born 20 years earlier and was in Zepplin? Or Aerosmith? Or the Beatles? Or the Stones?

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2007, 03:01:47 AM »

you dont know that.

this is a stupid fucking argument.

and its turning into a whether or not this band should be called Guns N Roses. 

Its 2007, I dont give a fuck or even want to talk about Slash or Duff.    I dont need to remember shit.  They aren't in the band, they left.  I dont give a flying fuck about what happened 20 years ago.   It doesn't matter now.   
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 03:04:03 AM by Jim Bob » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: