Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:51:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Trent fucking with us again?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trent fucking with us again?  (Read 20156 times)
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2007, 10:30:38 PM »

i did read a trent quote recently - i don't want to look for it, so take it as you will - that said that they were considering robin for the start of the 2005 tour, and he seemed interested at the time, but stayed with axl working without any progress.  this was before the new gn'r tour.  trent also said that robin must have changed a lot since he last knew him.  robin has his own disputes against trent's personality, so whatever.

anyway, i've also heard quotes about tommy getting fed up with axl and "quitting" gn'r on a few occasions but rejoining due to axl most likely throwing more money at him.  how factual these views are, i don't know.  but i'm still convinced that gn'r has remained to this day (if you can even say that) because of axl's bank account.  listen, i used to support gn'r and their intentions just as much as you all.  but now i consider axl and his band laughable at best.  i like robin, tommy, richard, and brain, so i'm hoping they find some real success.  but axl?  what a clown.  he should quit pretending that gn'r still exists and revel in the fact that he was once an amazing musician in an incredible band.

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
GeraldFord
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2007, 10:35:06 PM »

i did read a trent quote recently - i don't want to look for it, so take it as you will - that said that they were considering robin for the start of the 2005 tour, and he seemed interested at the time, but stayed with axl working without any progress.? this was before the new gn'r tour.? trent also said that robin must have changed a lot since he last knew him.? robin has his own disputes against trent's personality, so whatever.

anyway, i've also heard quotes about tommy getting fed up with axl and "quitting" gn'r on a few occasions but rejoining due to axl most likely throwing more money at him.? how factual these views are, i don't know.? but i'm still convinced that gn'r has remained to this day (if you can even say that) because of axl's bank account.? listen, i used to support gn'r and their intentions just as much as you all.? but now i consider axl and his band laughable at best.? i like robin, tommy, richard, and brain, so i'm hoping they find some real success.? but axl?? what a clown.? he should quit pretending that gn'r still exists and revel in the fact that he was once an amazing musician in an incredible band.
All hearsay. No basis in reality. If you think GN'R is such a joke you should leave the board...

"Either get on board or fuck off"- Tommy Stinson
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2007, 10:42:53 PM »

Roll Eyes

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2007, 10:45:52 PM »

Roll Eyes

You're so profound!

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2007, 03:34:21 AM »

Its no secret Axl's held NIN in high esteem. Its said he fell for that industrial sound Reznor uses and became a fan of it. Plus I've never seen Reznor on TV or anywhere cut Axl down.

Do I think the 2 teaming up on a song be too remote ? Well who knows. Music makes strange bedfellows so we'll never know. I know many would be shocked to see that happen.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2007, 05:45:54 AM »

Roll Eyes

seriously man, no one is going to miss your hating ass.   you have no business on this board if you feel GNR and Axl is truly a joke.   maybe you'd do better at a NIN forum.
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2007, 08:36:26 AM »

Roll Eyes

Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2007, 08:48:18 AM »

i did read a trent quote recently - i don't want to look for it, so take it as you will - that said that they were considering robin for the start of the 2005 tour, and he seemed interested at the time, but stayed with axl working without any progress.? this was before the new gn'r tour.? trent also said that robin must have changed a lot since he last knew him.? robin has his own disputes against trent's personality, so whatever.

anyway, i've also heard quotes about tommy getting fed up with axl and "quitting" gn'r on a few occasions but rejoining due to axl most likely throwing more money at him.? how factual these views are, i don't know.? but i'm still convinced that gn'r has remained to this day (if you can even say that) because of axl's bank account.? listen, i used to support gn'r and their intentions just as much as you all.? but now i consider axl and his band laughable at best.? i like robin, tommy, richard, and brain, so i'm hoping they find some real success.? but axl?? what a clown.? he should quit pretending that gn'r still exists and revel in the fact that he was once an amazing musician in an incredible band.
All hearsay. No basis in reality. If you think GN'R is such a joke you should leave the board...

What are the doubters supposed to get on board though?

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2007, 09:11:35 AM »

i did read a trent quote recently - i don't want to look for it, so take it as you will - that said that they were considering robin for the start of the 2005 tour, and he seemed interested at the time, but stayed with axl working without any progress.  this was before the new gn'r tour.  trent also said that robin must have changed a lot since he last knew him.  robin has his own disputes against trent's personality, so whatever.

anyway, i've also heard quotes about tommy getting fed up with axl and "quitting" gn'r on a few occasions but rejoining due to axl most likely throwing more money at him.  how factual these views are, i don't know.  but i'm still convinced that gn'r has remained to this day (if you can even say that) because of axl's bank account.  listen, i used to support gn'r and their intentions just as much as you all.  but now i consider axl and his band laughable at best.  i like robin, tommy, richard, and brain, so i'm hoping they find some real success.  but axl?  what a clown.  he should quit pretending that gn'r still exists and revel in the fact that he was once an amazing musician in an incredible band.

What are the doubters supposed to get on board though?

the 'fuck off' part
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2007, 10:12:42 AM »

no, retard.  he's asking what tommy means by "get on board".  what does he mean by that?  who knows.  i'm assuming he wants people to stop criticizing the new band for all its failures.  so "getting on board" probably means just hanging in there and waiting for the album coming out in the fall one of the thirteen weeks before the new year march never.  personally, "fucking off" sounds like a lot more fun.  high five!

Amari2677
Headliner

« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2007, 01:50:17 PM »

A new NIN song titled "My Violent Heart" leaked today on the NIN fanclub (the Spiral).  After listening to this song probably a dozen times, I am confident in saying the new NIN album is going to be the best yet.  If Trent offered a guest spot to Axl for the album, it would behoove him to take it.  I would do anything short of a gay act to have Trent and Axl collaborate on something, as they are my two all-time favorite musicians.

I'm free of all the chains we held together...
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2007, 02:14:12 PM »

I for one would be very dissappointed in Axl if he was working with Trent.  Trent is a piece of crap.  He spends years and years on music and projects that never see the light of day keeping his fans waiting. Then, he switches the line-up of his band constantly giving his fans nobody to get behind.  He's a loner with no friends who writes songs about people whom he used to be very close to.  What a piece of crap Trent is.  Oh, wait a second.

Actually, I have been a NIN fan almost as long as I've been a GNR fan.  I've always liked Axl and GNR alot more then Trent & Co, though.  But it's weird.  I'm actually looking more forward to Year Zero coming out than I am Chinese Democracy.  Maybe it's because I've sub-conceiously convincedmyself that CD isn't coming out any time soon anyway, so what's the point in looking forward to it.

where have you been for the last 15 years, pal?

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2007, 02:15:30 PM »

"my violent heart" is such an excellent song.  i agree that this album will be one of his finest works yet.  if you haven't yet, check into the new album's website and the forums at echoingthesound.  there are a bunch of alternate reality game sites out there that are being discovered.  these sites are giving hints about the album's concept and contain codes that are being deciphered by fans to reveal different pieces of information about the album.  it's some crazy shit.  this is one of the best album promotion and marketing techniques that i have witnessed.  axl should take some notes.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2007, 02:20:11 PM »

no, retard.  he's asking what tommy means by "get on board".  what does he mean by that?  who knows.  i'm assuming he wants people to stop criticizing the new band for all its failures.  so "getting on board" probably means just hanging in there and waiting for the album coming out in the fall one of the thirteen weeks before the new year march never.  personally, "fucking off" sounds like a lot more fun.  high five!

going by the quality of your posts, I think you will be "fucking off" pretty soon  beer
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2007, 02:21:21 PM »

I for one would be very dissappointed in Axl if he was working with Trent.  Trent is a piece of crap.  He spends years and years on music and projects that never see the light of day keeping his fans waiting. Then, he switches the line-up of his band constantly giving his fans nobody to get behind.  He's a loner with no friends who writes songs about people whom he used to be very close to.  What a piece of crap Trent is.  Oh, wait a second.

Actually, I have been a NIN fan almost as long as I've been a GNR fan.  I've always liked Axl and GNR alot more then Trent & Co, though.  But it's weird.  I'm actually looking more forward to Year Zero coming out than I am Chinese Democracy.  Maybe it's because I've sub-conceiously convincedmyself that CD isn't coming out any time soon anyway, so what's the point in looking forward to it.

he's being sarcastic.  of course trent is a productive musician (now more so than ever), and his band line-up changes because trent is nine inch nails.  the rest of the musicians come and go on their own and they are primarily used to recreate the music in a live setting.  trent also isn't a loner who writes songs about people he used to be close to.  the new album is an apocalyptic concept piece about the end of the world, power, resistance, etc.  replace "trent" with "axl", and you get what the original writer was getting at.

Amari2677
Headliner

« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2007, 02:22:11 PM »

Althought I respect/admire/adore Axl Rose and Guns N'Roses as much as Nine Inch Nails, NIN is light years ahead of GN'R when it comes to marketing, putting out material when they say they are going to, and being fan-friendly. ?Shit, the NN fan club has a ongoing blog where Trent gives his thoughts, message boards he often posts on, pre-sales where I always get good tickets for great prices, etc... ?In November '05, I got to attend a NIN soundcheck prior to their MSG show because I was a member of The Spiral (which cost like $35 I think). ?More recently, the much anticiapted DVD release of "Closure" (a live DVD) was turned down due to some legal crap, so the release was scrapped. ?Instead, Trent made it available for free download on The Spiral message board. ?It doesn't get much better than that. ?If I can change one thing about GN'R, it would be to be more like Reznor. ?Every now and then throw your most adamant fans a bone!

"my violent heart" is such an excellent song.? i agree that this album will be one of his finest works yet.? if you haven't yet, check into the new album's website and the forums at echoingthesound.? there are a bunch of alternate reality game sites out there that are being discovered.? these sites are giving hints about the album's concept and contain codes that are being deciphered by fans to reveal different pieces of information about the album.? it's some crazy shit.? this is one of the best album promotion and marketing techniques that i have witnessed.? axl should take some notes.

I'm free of all the chains we held together...
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2007, 02:22:59 PM »

he's being sarcastic.  of course trent is a productive musician (now more so than ever), and his band line-up changes because trent is nine inch nails.  the rest of the musicians come and go on their own and they are primarily used to recreate the music in a live setting.  trent also isn't a loner who writes songs about people he used to be close to.  the new album is an apocalyptic concept piece about the end of the world, power, resistance, etc.  replace "trent" with "axl", and you get what the original writer was getting at.

OK, I only read the first couple of lines.  yea, i know why trent's lineup changes, and realize nin=trent (until with teeth).  i am a huge nin fan  ok

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: