Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 02:42:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228036 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  weight loss
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: weight loss  (Read 17731 times)
acdcUSSR
Rocker

Here Tomorrow...

« on: February 10, 2007, 07:20:42 PM »

spaghetti_incident wants to gain some weight. Well, I need to loose some. I'm going to Germany for a few weeks this summer and would like to slim down for the trip.

Any tips?

You dig, what the fuck I'm saying? Homefuck!?
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 08:12:32 PM »

Yeep :

BREAKFAST
1 slice of cereal toast
1 slice of low fat ham
1 fat free yogurt OR 1 handful of fresh strawberries/raspberries
1 coffee tea w skimmed milk and sweetner if you need it

LUNCH:

3 times a week, pasta/potato/rice, but no more than 100 grams COOKED ( convert, can't be bothered)
3 times a week, red meat but no more than 120 grams.
You can associate the two.
The rest of the time, low fat fishes, chicken ( without the skin) and veggies ( no carrots, no onions, no avocado,...stay to salad, leeek, green beans, GREENS), cooked in a pan without any fat or microwave cooked.
And after EACH LUNCH, a low fat yogurt.

DINER

Veggie soup
GREENS
Fish or chicken
A low fat yogurt
Strawberries or Melon or Raspberries

I lost 30 kilos this way.

Nothing to say
acdcUSSR
Rocker

Here Tomorrow...

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 08:43:23 PM »

A) How long did it take you to loose 30KG?
B) Did you exercise at all?

Thanks.

Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 08:45:54 PM »

A) How long did it take you to loose 30KG?
B) Did you exercise at all?

Thanks.

1 year
No, but i took care of my newborn so some would say it is endurance... hihi

Nothing to say
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 08:51:31 PM »

See it's hard either way to be thin or overweight.
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 10:04:02 PM »

It's harder being overweight.

Sick thin people are labelled fashionable, in the jet set, it is right to be thin and have a fake tan or a real one if you can afford to ibiza i nthe summer, istanbul after, st barth at xmas, ski in feb  etc etc etc....

Being fat is not fashionable, you can't find clothes, you have a harder time finding love, finding work and everything is slow because every physical move is harder.

Nothing to say
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 03:12:01 AM »

Interestingly, the key to weight loss is also similar to weight gain. Lift weights and eat many smaller meals throughout the day. You can get away with eating less per meal because regular feedings keep the body reasonably satiated, even if they add up to less than maintenance levels. It's about insulin management. It's helpful to make a protein shake for a meal substitute, mainly for convenience purposes.

As for weight training, take very short or no breaks between sets, and lift for higher reps and more power and speed, not slow, heavy lifts. For cardio, do HIIT. Run like hell for a minute, rest moderately for a minute, and then sprint again, and so on. This has lasting effects on the metabolism that make it competitive with long duration cardio. I like it because I would rather run hard for 15 minutes than run soft for an hour, so I have more time for other things. Wink
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 01:37:32 PM »

75 carbs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and 45 carb for a snack.

with this simple diet you will shed pounds like you will never belive

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
acdcUSSR
Rocker

Here Tomorrow...

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 04:14:40 PM »

Total? Or 75 for each meal?

guns_n_motley
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 04:15:40 PM »

Yes, I cut out ALL soda and sugary drinks. I lost alot of weight. Also try to exercise. Soda pretty much empty calories so cutting out soda can get rid of tons of useless calories right there

Id also say eat in moderation. Like limit your food intake. You can eat what you want, but just dont eat huge portions.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 05:22:53 PM »

I don't drink regular coke anymore (well hardly ever) but whats bad about diet?  Coke Zero tastes great and has next to nothing in it (no calories, no sugar, etc...).  I am pretty sure its low in sodium too.

i lost A LOT of weight by eating more fruit and A LOT more fiber.  In 3-4 weeks I lost about 8-10 lbs.  I was running/lifting about 2-3 times a week.  But the diet is what did it.  I would still eat sweets, but literally a bite or two here and there, definitely not everyday.

as someone else said, the fat free/low fat yogurt with some fruit/honey/granola was a great snack that satisfied my sweet tooth.

i would say don't count every calorie you ingest, but keep an approximate running total.  you can't go cold turkey with the things you like to eat either, just eat them in moderation.  and mix it up too.  if you are dieting and eating the same thing over and over again its not going to last.  mix it up, have fun, try new foods.  same with exercise, if you're doing the same thing every week it'll get old fast and it'll start to become work instead of something you enjoy.

i've fallen off the wagon pretty bad the last few weeks but i havent' gained much of the weight back - still i fell into some of the traps i just listed above and its made it a little harder to stick to, but i know i'll get back into it once work slows down a bit.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 09:24:14 PM »

I think he meant 750. If not, he's stupid.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 11:00:33 AM »

each meal bud  ok

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 06:21:08 PM »

spaghetti_incident wants to gain some weight. Well, I need to loose some. I'm going to Germany for a few weeks this summer and would like to slim down for the trip.

Any tips?

I lost 25 pounds in about 4 months, and it was very simple.

1.) I ate 2000 calories/day
---this amount should be good for any man over 175 lbs., though you can lower it if it doesn't work for you
---I didn't worry about WHAT I ate, because it's tough to eat high fat foods and hit this mark...if you're hitting this mark over three daily meals, then you're probably eating fairly well

2.) I walked for 1 hour on a treadmill, 2-3 times a week

3.) I did some weight training, because muscle burns calories
---if you JUST weight train, you might see the strange phenomenon where you weigh MORE but your clothes fit looser

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 10:13:49 PM »

Here's the best tip you'll ever get:

Throw out your scale.  Weight training is a great way to tone up and get in the best shape of your life.  Combine with cardio.  You may "gain" weight, but I think what you want to do is look slimmer, yes?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 10:36:08 PM »

Throw out your scale.? Weight training is a great way to tone up and get in the best shape of your life.? Combine with cardio.? You may "gain" weight, but I think what you want to do is look slimmer, yes?

I agree, about the clothes that is (i'd keep the scale around, but I wouldn't obsess over it).  If your pants are looser and your shirts are fitting better thats always a great indicator of weight loss/toning up. 

Freedom has it right too, just count your calories.  I wouldn't recommend counting every single one, but if you ballpark it and do some light exercise you will start losing weight and it'll happen fast (especially for men).

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 10:44:45 PM »

Throw out your scale.  Weight training is a great way to tone up and get in the best shape of your life.  Combine with cardio.  You may "gain" weight, but I think what you want to do is look slimmer, yes?

I agree, about the clothes that is (i'd keep the scale around, but I wouldn't obsess over it).  If your pants are looser and your shirts are fitting better thats always a great indicator of weight loss/toning up. 

Freedom has it right too, just count your calories.  I wouldn't recommend counting every single one, but if you ballpark it and do some light exercise you will start losing weight and it'll happen fast (especially for men).

To get a good calorie ballpark, there are a number of calorie calculators, most of which need to know your gender, weight, and height.  Then, if you tell them that you get ZERO exercise, you'll learn the amount of calories you can burn, for your gender weight and height, if you lay in bed all day, doing nothing but having dissolved food pumped into you and breathing.  If you're under that or, say, you choose to sit up in bed, you'll lose weight. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Ax?lle
Rocker

Your on my shitlist..

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 03:41:27 AM »

Just drink water (and tea).

lots of water !! maybe 2/3 L a day...the more water you drink the less hungry you are.

You stupid bitch? You stupid bitch? You stupid bitch? Mickey, that's what my father used to call me! I thought you'd be a little more creative than that!
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 09:43:09 AM »

after each meal stick your fingers down your throat until you throw up

or

buy some cocain

ok

Hemingway
Ax?lle
Rocker

Your on my shitlist..

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 03:07:32 AM »

You stupid bitch? You stupid bitch? You stupid bitch? Mickey, that's what my father used to call me! I thought you'd be a little more creative than that!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: