Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:30:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  13 new Bucket CDs coming--seriously
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 13 new Bucket CDs coming--seriously  (Read 22080 times)
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« on: February 13, 2007, 06:55:46 PM »

Christ, he can't be stopped.

https://host361.ipowerweb.com/~tdrsmedi/tdrsmusic_store/insearchofthe.html

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 09:12:31 PM »

Whaaaaa? Lol crazy!

gnrevolution.com
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 04:26:51 AM »

That IS crazy  Shocked $200 for the set though  no
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 04:31:12 AM »

Anyone who pays 200Dollars for the entire set is personally crazy and should be committed

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 05:39:38 AM »

Anyone who pays 200Dollars for the entire set is personally crazy and should be committed

Commit me hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 12:29:35 PM »

$200 for 13 CDs is not that bad. I can't afford it, but that's just me. I'll have to get it piece by piece or not at all.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 02:04:12 PM »

When the best description being offered is "original music" - no track lists, no additional information - there's no way I'd even consider taking the financial risk.  For all I know, "original music" could be him screeching and banging away on the triangle...
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 06:01:07 PM »

When the best description being offered is "original music" - no track lists, no additional information - there's no way I'd even consider taking the financial risk.? For all I know, "original music" could be him screeching and banging away on the triangle...
Right, because his past work has been total shit. At least Bucket understands the idea of "original music." Too bad that didn't rub off on Axl while he was in the band.

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 06:10:43 PM »

It's hard to influence someone when you're speaking to them thru a hand puppet and from inside a chicken coop. hihi

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
gibb
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 12:20:00 AM »

Any idea what this is?  I would be interested, but $200 on an unknown quantity is a little scary.
lastroots
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 04:56:12 AM »

Fuckin' hell! No matter the cost, I'll be getting this! Can't wait!

/lastroots
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 03:54:57 PM »

When the best description being offered is "original music" - no track lists, no additional information - there's no way I'd even consider taking the financial risk.? For all I know, "original music" could be him screeching and banging away on the triangle...
Right, because his past work has been total shit. At least Bucket understands the idea of "original music." Too bad that didn't rub off on Axl while he was in the band.

Wow...relax.  I was just saying that I'm not about to spend that much money based solely on the description "thirteen discs of original music."  If they actually expect to sell many of the sets, I'd think they'll have to give a better/more elaborate description, tracklist, etc., at some point.  Far from an anti-bucket, pro-Axl statement.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2007, 10:07:35 PM »

Wow...relax.? I was just saying that I'm not about to spend that much money based solely on the description "thirteen discs of original music."? If they actually expect to sell many of the sets, I'd think they'll have to give a better/more elaborate description, tracklist, etc., at some point.? Far from an anti-bucket, pro-Axl statement.

Yeah, I might have overreacted. I'm just sick of every thread I start about Bucket turning into a bash Bucket fest. If you're a fan, I don't think this set will disappoint.

von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 03:17:24 AM »

Here, it made news on Blabbercunt. This is their write-up:

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Buckethead will release a set of albums, entitled "In Search Of The", on February 21. While not much is known about this collection, it has been confirmed that there are a total of thirteen albums that have each been personally numbered and monogrammed by Buckethead himself.

According to musician/producer and frequent Buckethead collaborator Travis Dickerson, "This is not a regular CD. It's hand-made, hand-burned. The cover is whatever is deemed to be written on it. This is not a manufactured deal; each one is different and will be numbered and monogramed. No two of these will be the same. I have never heard of an artist doing something like this. This is as direct from the artist to the fan as I have ever heard of.

"As far as the content, I don't know, but the mystery around it is no surprise. Again, I can't speculate because I don't want to mislead anyone, I just don't know anymore. My gut sense is this is a conceptual work, a piece of art. It could contain anything."

Each CD can be purchased separately for $20, while the entire 13-volume collection is available for $200.

For more information, click here.

(Thanks: Bill a.k.a. 5142)
andypa1
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 02:21:11 PM »

the ironic jokes begin now sigh... it will be like all buckethead albums 1-3 good songs and 15 noise/weird ones. so times by 13 probably 13 good songs. so $200 for 1!! excellent bucket album
lastroots
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2007, 03:10:41 PM »

the ironic jokes begin now sigh... it will be like all buckethead albums 1-3 good songs and 15 noise/weird ones. so times by 13 probably 13 good songs. so $200 for 1!! excellent bucket album

Bucket has done several albums for the rock fans, and several ones for those like me who also like his experimental stuff.

/lastroots
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2007, 11:27:43 PM »

When you say "all Buckethead albums," you want people to think you've heard all of them, but you obviously haven't heard any of his stuff from this century.

Tatu
Rocker

God

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007, 11:46:24 PM »

Only Buckethead can do this hihi

You really know who's Maradona!
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2007, 07:59:51 PM »

Being a Buckethead fan makes waiting for the GNR album alot easier. lol

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2007, 08:10:57 PM »

Being a Buckethead fan makes waiting for the GNR album alot easier. lol

So true smoking

Finding BH is the healthiest thing a gn'r fan can do.

darkmonth
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007, 08:13:37 PM »

When the best description being offered is "original music" - no track lists, no additional information - there's no way I'd even consider taking the financial risk.  For all I know, "original music" could be him screeching and banging away on the triangle...

Sorry man ... but a LOT of the stuff on Bucket's previous CD's HAS been shit.

His ONLY solid album, track by track not faltering, is Colma.  Nothing else he's done has been up to par.  Sorry.  It's my opinion, but I think a lot of people would agree with me.  He's done some good stuff, but a lot of it is just noise and fucking crap.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2007, 09:02:34 PM »

Sorry man ... but a LOT of the stuff on Bucket's previous CD's HAS been shit.

His ONLY solid album, track by track not faltering, is Colma.? Nothing else he's done has been up to par.? Sorry.? It's my opinion, but I think a lot of people would agree with me.? He's done some good stuff, but a lot of it is just noise and fucking crap.

Of course,  you've got your opinion, but tell me which song is "just noise" on Crime Slunk Scene? Show me the "fucking crap" on Elephant Man's Alarm Clock. My guess is you haven't heard these. Or Population Override.

darkmonth
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2007, 09:48:59 PM »

My opinion is the opinion of many.  Buckethead's output ... well, a lot of it is crap.

ALL these CD's ... when did he start them?  If he's done them in the last two years, it'll be a lot of shit in there.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2007, 09:51:44 PM »

My opinion is the opinion of many.? Buckethead's output ... well, a lot of it is crap.

ALL these CD's ... when did he start them?? If he's done them in the last two years, it'll be a lot of shit in there.

You'll know the quality when you hear them, not a second earlier.

bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2007, 10:19:05 PM »

My opinion is the opinion of many.? Buckethead's output ... well, a lot of it is crap.

ALL these CD's ... when did he start them?? If he's done them in the last two years, it'll be a lot of shit in there.

You avoided my question. I don't think you've heard his new stuff. I think you're talking out of your ass.

Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2007, 06:39:11 PM »

As much as Id love to buy this, 200 right now is a bit much for me, I'll just have to see how they are. But the great thing about Buckethead is, The Man NEVER Runs Out Of CDs! Every time I buy a new one, he has more comming right out.  beer
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2007, 07:07:38 PM »

wow 13 albums - its amazing what recording ur warming up sessions and guitar fingering excercises will do for ur discography

Hey Bucket - why dont u just do ONE album thats good rather than endless albums hurled together in 5 mins and sounding awful?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
lastroots
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2007, 04:22:55 AM »

I'll get them along with Peppers Ghost within the next two weeks. As soon as I listened, I'll let you know.

/lastroots
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2007, 09:02:36 AM »

wow 13 albums - its amazing what recording ur warming up sessions and guitar fingering excercises will do for ur discography

Hey Bucket - why dont u just do ONE album thats good rather than endless albums hurled together in 5 mins and sounding awful?

Why come to a Buckethead thread just to bash? That's a waste of your time and ours. I don't jump into every Slash thread and go on about how he's sold out or how his blues guitar sound is outdated.

Besides, since you've heard the new albums and say they're awful, you wanna tell us about them? I didn't think anyone had them yet? I mean, they just shipped today (Saturday).

What a masochist you must be to be a GRN fan and complain about someone's healthy discography!  Roll Eyes

BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2007, 09:33:21 AM »

Why come to a Buckethead thread just to bash? That's a waste of your time and ours. I don't jump into every Slash thread and go on about how he's sold out or how his blues guitar sound is outdated.
Besides, since you've heard the new albums and say they're awful, you wanna tell us about them? I didn't think anyone had them yet? I mean, they just shipped today (Saturday).

What a masochist you must be to be a GRN fan and complain about someone's healthy discography!  Roll Eyes

hahaha owned!! Grin
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2007, 10:46:03 AM »

13 albums, but will they be any good, or is this just a Buckethead ca$h binge. With limited numbers, they could become priceless. Selling them $20 is ok, but they should only offer them as a job lot (all 13 discs) in a box.

like the image:
sisterofyu
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2007, 11:07:38 PM »

It's hard to influence someone when you're speaking to them thru a hand puppet and from inside a chicken coop. hihi

his music communicated to me keekee...I LOVE HIM love
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2007, 05:53:33 PM »

Since this topic keeps getting reposted in new threads I'll move this up. No need to have 14 threads on the same thing.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2007, 06:06:36 PM »

I can't wait to get this set. Just a week left, unless the toll department decides to get difficult on me.

Although great I somehow think this is too much, I'll never get through all of his stuff at this rate. What's next? Buckethead to release 50 albums in June hihi

But it helps me forget about CD beer

BTW, Population Override (my newest complete revelation) is an album that can't be recommended enough (BHs got a few of those now).

bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2007, 06:47:53 PM »

I can't wait to get this set. Just a week left, unless the toll department decides to get difficult on me.

Although great I somehow think this is too much, I'll never get through all of his stuff at this rate. What's next? Buckethead to release 50 albums in June hihi

But it helps me forget about CD beer

BTW, Population Override (my newest complete revelation) is an album that can't be recommended enough (BHs got a few of those now).

I saw your review of that over at TK. Good stuff, and I agree. This is a must-hear if you're even mildly interested in BH.

oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2007, 01:51:51 AM »

Sign me up....By the time i get through these 13 records, perhaps CD will be in the mastering stage.
Axl Rose's Guns
Opening Act

W. A. R. is good for everyone

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2007, 11:32:54 AM »

So, I got my copy. Anyways, its alright. Some stuff is pretty cool, some of its real noisy.? The only problem? have with it is the really long tracks i.e. "E" track # 1 (the only track on that album). its nearly an hour long I believe. It can get pretty boring. I got my copy because I like BH and it might be worth some coin later on. I give the record a 7/ 10 because its creativity and originality not just in the music but in the concept of making and selling the record, way to keep it personal Mr. Buckethead.? ok

Gotta One Way Ticket To Your Suicide
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2007, 11:43:20 AM »

Where did you guys get your CD's from ?    Huh

*bba*

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2007, 07:13:14 PM »

Where did you guys get your CD's from ?? ? Huh

*bba*
tdrsmusic.com

Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: