Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:32:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Izzy - Like a Dog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Izzy - Like a Dog  (Read 20156 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2007, 02:01:08 PM »

^ Yeah that's it, because they're ripping of Izzy and other artists I think..

You think it's a good way to support the artist by linking to sites that rip off the artists?

Just wondering....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2007, 03:30:38 PM »

You think it's a good way to support the artist by linking to sites that rip off the artists?

Just wondering....

/jarmo

Just in IzzyDutch's defense, I really don't think that's what his intention was.

I mean, I know where you are coming from w/ this and I agree.

Just for the record, he was giving this info to me and I did go through Itunes for two of Izzy's cds so far..... I'm all about supporting Izzy and not ripping him off. I have no doubt Izzy Dutch feels the same.

Respectfully,

*bba*

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2007, 02:41:32 PM »

Just wondering....

/jarmo

I don't loose any sleep over it, don't think Izzy will either

I don't know how it works on iTunes but on that Russian site you can also preview the first 30 seconds of the tracks, all tracks which I think people like, listening before buying it to see if they like what they hear. I was posting the link to the site more because of this reason then because it was cheaper. It's up to the people to buy them on iTunes or the Russian site.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 02:50:56 PM by IzzyDutch » Logged
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2007, 03:21:39 PM »

Just wondering....

/jarmo

I don't know how it works on iTunes but on that Russian site you can also preview the first 30 seconds of the tracks, all tracks which I think people like, listening before buying it to see if they like what they hear. I was posting the link to the site more because of this reason then because it was cheaper. It's up to the people to buy them on iTunes or the Russian site.

You can get 30 second samples on iTunes as well.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2007, 06:08:55 PM »

Just wondering....

/jarmo

Well, since Itunes actually seems to pay the artists, maybe that's a better option for those Izzy fans who'd want to buy his music.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2007, 02:17:03 PM »

^ Yes I agree, but that's up to the buyers to decide... I'm just spreading links where LAD is still available. At the time two links came to mind, iTunes and that Russian one and I posted it. No big deal..
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2007, 02:37:27 PM »

^ Yes I agree, but that's up to the buyers to decide... I'm just spreading links where LAD is still available. At the time two links came to mind, iTunes and that Russian one and I posted it. No big deal..

I actually did some research on that Russian site and it seems reputable.

From what I've heard, yes, it is cheap to go through their site to get music, but it's also cheaper to buy a Cd in Russia than it is in most other states. So that would explain the cheaper prices.

This is just a little research that I've done on my own. If any of you know of anything different.......... please advise.

*bba*

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2007, 06:24:39 PM »

You might also know that there's a problem with pirated music in Russia.

I wouldn't be surprised if Izzy didn't receive a cent from the sales of his album on that site.

/jarmo

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2007, 01:37:21 AM »

Here's the e-mail I received from Scooter's in response to my question about "Like A Dog":

"currently they are not available. We are trying to get all of the Izzy recordings available to the public soon. Please keep an eye on our web site for notice of when they will be available again. Thank you for your intrest. www.scootersteez.com . The songs are also available from I -tunes I believe. Thanks Roy At Scooters"

So it looks like they'll be trying to get all of Izzy's stuff released soon - that would be great!  peace

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: