Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:46:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Dust N' Bones: The Untold Story of Izzy Stradlin
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dust N' Bones: The Untold Story of Izzy Stradlin  (Read 49055 times)
nyd
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2005, 07:13:44 PM »

Do you want me to get someone to scan pages from the book as proof?  Angry
Methanol
Rocker

« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2005, 12:59:21 PM »

[People on the izzyboard have already got the book but are not happy with it. After reading other peoples reviews other members have now cancelled their orders (its just that bad!!)? Undecided
I don't know what those izzyboard people are claiming they've read but it certainly was NOT this book because this was just a scam!? I ordered and paid for this book back in December 2004!!!? The so-called "publisher" disconnected their phone months ago and have never replied to any of my e-mails!!!? IT WAS A SCAM!!! ?rant
The book does exist, you can read more about it at the beenafix.com board. Well, you can also read some not_so_nice comments by the book author too. As nyd wrote, it looks like people are cancelling their orders because they have gotten tired of waiting for it and/or the negative comments floating around on boards.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #122 on: June 05, 2005, 04:33:08 PM »

I'm confused...so does this book exist at all?

If its a scam, have the revelvant authorities been notified? Not least Izzy himself as this is surely a legal matter he would need to address himself

Quick! To the bandwagon!
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2005, 05:02:47 PM »

According to Steven Izzy wans't happy about the book, the author was trying to get info from friends and family but they didn't co?perate.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2005, 09:56:06 PM »

Do you want me to get someone to scan pages from the book as proof?? Angry
The book does exist, you can read more about it at the beenafix.com board. Well, you can also read some not_so_nice comments by the book author too. As nyd wrote, it looks like people are cancelling their orders because they have gotten tired of waiting for it and/or the negative comments floating around on boards.

SCAM ... SCAM ... SCAM ... SCAM ... SCAM ... SCAM ... SCAM ... SCAM ... SCAM ... SCAM rant? I mailed in my pre-order in early December 2004.? It's been SIX MONTHS!!!? rant
 rant? NOTHING!!!? I've received NOTHING!!!? rant

And I believe those who ordered it on Amazon.com haven't gotten it yet either!!!? rant

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Methanol
Rocker

« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2005, 02:26:16 AM »

SCAM ... SCAM ... SCAM ... SCAM ... SCAM ... SCAM ... SCAM ... SCAM ... SCAM ... SCAM rant? I mailed in my pre-order in early December 2004.? It's been SIX MONTHS!!!? rant
 rant? NOTHING!!!? I've received NOTHING!!!? rant

And I believe those who ordered it on Amazon.com haven't gotten it yet either!!!? rant
I understand that you're pissed off but the book DOES exist. Atleast one beenafix member has gotten the book and as I wrote before the book author got really pissed off when the person who got the book posted some negative comments regarding the book. It's not that I'm defending the book or it's delays.

We haven't heard anything fom the author after his nicely chosen words in his "My final comments to all you clownfaces who knock the book" post.

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2005, 03:30:44 PM »

I understand that you're pissed off but the book DOES exist. Atleast one beenafix member has gotten the book and as I wrote before the book author got really pissed off when the person who got the book posted some negative comments regarding the book. It's not that I'm defending the book or it's delays.

We haven't heard anything fom the author after his nicely chosen words in his "My final comments to all you clownfaces who knock the book" post.
The words of one person are sadly not enough 'evidence' for even the most believing person.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Methanol
Rocker

« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2005, 12:58:15 AM »

The words of one person are sadly not enough 'evidence' for even the most believing person.
If you read the comments from the book author you can be 100% sure the person got the book.? Grin

I honestly have no idea what's happening with the orders. We took away all the book promo from our site and haven't heard anything about it ever since.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 01:00:47 AM by Methanol » Logged

Warren
« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2005, 04:28:31 AM »

Maybe Axl is behind that...

It wouldn't be useful to release such a book just before a reunion... Izzy understood it.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2005, 10:43:24 AM »

Maybe Axl is behind that...

It wouldn't be useful to release such a book just before a reunion... Izzy understood it.

That must be it hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
nyd
« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2005, 12:09:32 PM »

From Jimmy Ashhurst (former Ju Ju Hound):

Hey Folks...thank you so much for the (mostly) nice comments. I'm so glad to see you guys keeping this site active and current after so long. I apologize for the premature posting of any news about my work with Buckcherry...the official announcement will come from management at some point, it just that at the moment my hands are tied with regard to making any announcements on my own. Lets just say that I'm happy to have found another cool rock n roll band that is worth putting my time into, and I'm looking forward to possible upcoming shows ... I'm excited to get back to Japan, Europe and S. America and all the other beautiful places in the world I haven't had the opportunity to visit in a long time. When the time comes, I will be sure to pop up again here to give you guys any news I have before it comes out anywhere else...thanks again for your loyalty and interest. I hope you will enjoy the new stuff, even if it isn't the Ju Ju Hounds reunion we would all like to see happen. Don't worry though, I haven't yet lost hope altogether although I do know Chalo is quite happy with Social Distortion...hey, stranger things have happened...that's for sure...keep the faith.

Oh, I was surprised to see all of the negative comments about the book by Jake Brown "Dust n Bones...bla bla" Believe me, had I known how it was to come out in the end I would never have granted the interview...there's just no way to determine what the guy was going to do at the time...I tried as best I could to be careful and the guy promised me that it would be a quality product and would not be any kind of tabloid gossip type of publication...I was concerned about how Izzy would react as well, and tried very hard not to address any personal topics or to put the author in a position to slam him in any way. I was assured many times that this was going to be a book that was going to be accurate and informative and as I know Izzy would never put anything out there himself, I believed that it would have been a great source of information for his true fans around the world. Alas, this appears to not be the case and it would seem as though it was just another moneymaking opportunity and another example of shloc journalism. You can be sure I will be more careful and not make the same mistake in the future...and I'm sorry that the thing was so disappointing to the real fans. Its a shame really because it could have been really cool had it been done right.

However, in all fairness I haven't yet read the book myself...I'm waiting right now for my copy to arrive (I had to buy my own copy from Amazon...which says a lot about the publisher in itself) so I'll try and reserve any further comments I have until after I've read it for myself...but for now I trust you guys' opinions, for if there's anyone who knows it would definitely be you guys...
OK! bye for now...I promise to be back with any cool news in the future.
Jimmy "Two Fingers" Ashhurst'

- I cant believe he had to buy a copy for himself. That sucks.

Relevant Links:
www.beenafix.com
www.izzy.34sp.com
nyd
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2005, 12:45:42 PM »

I liked this quote from Jimmy regards a Ju Ju Re-Union:

"I haven't yet lost hope altogether although I do know Chalo is quite happy with Social Distortion...hey, stranger things have happened...that's for sure...keep the faith."

Hell yeah! Ju Ju's can save rock n roll from its shitty state!!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2005, 12:52:25 PM »

From Jimmy Ashhurst (former Ju Ju Hound):

However, in all fairness I haven't yet read the book myself...I'm waiting right now for my copy to arrive (I had to buy my own copy from Amazon...which says a lot about the publisher in itself) so I'll try and reserve any further comments I have until after I've read it for myself...but for now I trust you guys' opinions, for if there's anyone who knows it would definitely be you guys...
OK! bye for now...I promise to be back with any cool news in the future.
Jimmy "Two Fingers" Ashhurst'

@ Two Fingers:
Don't hold your breath waiting for your copy to arrive?because THE BOOK DOESN'T EXIST!!!? crying

P.S. @ the board: ?I am NOT in any way insinuating that Mr. Ashhurst isn't being totally honest and genuine here. ?I think he's just responding to the negative things he's heard about something that, in good faith, he took part in. ?I think he got scammed just like the rest of us.? Undecided

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
nyd
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2005, 01:40:36 PM »

Yeh I think he is genuinely sorry for ever agreeing to the interview, and he did it with honest intentions. He knows that us Izzy fans are strapped for information as it is. Who better to give us information than the band members if Izzy wont  Grin

For those who havent seen the Izzy music videos for Shuffle It All and Train Tracks they are online now at:

www.izzy.34sp.com

Sorry for the crap quality, I didnt rip them. I will rip them myself one day and make them good quality.
nyd
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2005, 02:12:15 PM »

Scamming somone out of money is one thing, but scamming Izzys fans out of money is a totally fucking not cool.

Using whois lookup it says blackmarketpublishing.com was registered by Jake Brown. Its not even a real fucking company by the looks of it. Whois gives an alternative email address to the two listed on the site so I ran a search for that on Google. One result found, it is a post he made on a message board:

Versailles Records is seeking a camera man or woman with their own DV Digital Video Camera for one day's work on Thursday October 30, set in a recording studio in Los Angeles, CA documenting the recording of 2 platinum recording artists as part of a DVD on the making of a major tribute record set for release nationally through Ventura Distribution in the summer of 2004. Camera person CAN BE film student, or free lance film maker. An 8 hour day is required. You will be given credit on the DVD, which will air on a major cable network as part of its release promotion, and will be part of a national advertising campaign to accompany the record's release. Please contact Jake Brown at (615) 833-1779 or via email at Speedynumb@aol.com if you are available. Pay negotiable based upon experience, must have own DV digital video camera or access to one. Please reply ASAP if interested

--
Both the email address and phone number are different.  Smiley
James_Ramone
Headliner

Right next door to hell

« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2005, 12:15:21 PM »

any more info on this book??

G'N'F'N'R's
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2006, 05:42:15 AM »

When's this book coming out is there a date yet? I ordered my before christmas And there is still no sign of it rant smoking beer

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2006, 05:55:22 AM »

Hey Louise, it already came out.. and it was a scam. Only a handful of people got copies, the rest didn't got anything and won't get it either. From memory I think it's discontinued at Amazon.
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2006, 06:00:26 AM »

Thanks Smiley,I wondered if it was ,Oh well never mind at least I didn't lose any money from it yes

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2006, 07:18:22 PM »

they still offer it on amazon but with all this information, i?m definitely not buying it thanx  ok

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: