Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:32:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Dust N' Bones: The Untold Story of Izzy Stradlin
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dust N' Bones: The Untold Story of Izzy Stradlin  (Read 49048 times)
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #140 on: February 07, 2007, 04:44:19 PM »

Is this thing out or what?

They might be waiting for cd to drop first. i guess that would be a better time, comercially, for a book about izzy...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #141 on: February 07, 2007, 05:30:49 PM »

holy shit, its been 3 years and ppl still havent gotten copies! The author shall now go down in history as a horribles author in my book. dont order anymore copies!

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #142 on: February 08, 2007, 02:00:21 AM »

Have you even read this whole topic? It was a scam, only a handfull copies got out and the author dissappeared. It ain't available.
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #143 on: February 14, 2007, 09:36:44 PM »

While surfing this evening, I came across this book that I think came out in 2005. I was never aware of this book existing.

Has anyone here read this ? Is it worth the read, or just a bunch of recycled info that the majority of "fans" already know ?

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #144 on: February 14, 2007, 09:47:24 PM »

I'm pretty sure it was "unauthorized" and not that good anyway.  I'd be interested to read a review from someone who's read it though.

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #145 on: February 14, 2007, 10:02:47 PM »

While surfing this evening, I came across this book that I think came out in 2005. I was never aware of this book existing.

Has anyone here read this ? Is it worth the read, or just a bunch of recycled info that the majority of "fans" already know ?

/bringbackadler

#1 - Search

#2 - Izzy is an ex-Gunner, so look in the right section for the information.

#3 - The publisher took pre-orders, but never shipped any books to those who ordered.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2007, 09:45:20 AM »

Here's the deal about the book once and for all:

The author interviewed several people mentioned here http://www.blackmarketpublishing.com/

The only chapters interesting are the interviews with Eddie Asworth (JJH producer) and Jimmy Ashurst.

Only a handfull of copies where released, for the rest it's been scratched and we found out the author had more of these type of 'companies' and basically was a scammer. And after someone from the Izzy board reviewed it on the forum (they actually used some pics on the book that she scanned) saying it was really really bad, lot's of spelling errors, bad pictures of scans the Izzy forum fans had actually scanned etc. the author registered there and called us a bunch of trekkies  blah blah and threatened to sue us if we badmouthed it again. The book is basically really bad. And Izzy did not agree with this bio, he wanted to stop it and he had asked his suroundings including Steven Adler to not participate in any interviews. Hell the author didn't even spell his real name right. Jimmy Ashurst actually later apoligized on the Izzy forum that if he had known about this he wouldn't have participated in it. He said he had to order his own copy cause he didn't even get one of the author..

So there you have it, it's a really bad written book that's never really released and basically was a scam. 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: