Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:33:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227812 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why does Robin never play acoustic?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why does Robin never play acoustic?  (Read 6402 times)
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 12:06:10 PM »

Its only Mr.Fortus whos got a real acoustic, BBF got a electric version of a acoustic that I never seen before. A flat one! Right?

Any acoustics they are going to use onstage are going to be acoustic/electrics, how else would the audience hear them?

Do you know what acoustic means? You can play it without any elecric things plugged in to it because its ACOUSTIC. Without the microphones then the audience wouldnt hear you but that another story. But a acoustic guitar with a microphone is what Fortus is playing, and hes the only one playing acoustic.

So if you have your period right now, wait a week and then you go and read a book about guitars or something before you ask that kind of questions  rofl
Oh, don't be pedantic; pure acoustics with a mic and electro-acoustics are much of a muchness; a pickup is basically just a microphone anyway. But Robin never seems to play either; the closest he comes is that semi-solid he played at the Rosario Dawson gig.

SG
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 12:11:28 PM »

Its only Mr.Fortus whos got a real acoustic, BBF got a electric version of a acoustic that I never seen before. A flat one! Right?

Any acoustics they are going to use onstage are going to be acoustic/electrics, how else would the audience hear them?

Do you know what acoustic means? You can play it without any elecric things plugged in to it because its ACOUSTIC. Without the microphones then the audience wouldnt hear you but that another story. But a acoustic guitar with a microphone is what Fortus is playing, and hes the only one playing acoustic.

So if you have your period right now, wait a week and then you go and read a book about guitars or something before you ask that kind of questions  rofl
Oh, don't be pedantic; pure acoustics with a mic and electro-acoustics are much of a muchness; a pickup is basically just a microphone anyway. But Robin never seems to play either; the closest he comes is that semi-solid he played at the Rosario Dawson gig.

SG

Well I?m not but you seemed to me critizising my post and all I was saying that he (Fortus) was the only one playing a real, and mark the word REAL acoustic guitar, if you look at the photos you can se that Robin is playing a Les Paul, BBF is playing something that has the shape of a acustic but its not, because a REAL acoustic got a space within it that makes the sounds, thats why its called acoustic. I know I?m right so there no way anyone can even disuss this.

But, you seem to differ, have you seen anyone else then Richard on a real acoustic?

Edit: And this was my question if this were a gig  were others played acoustics it would be fun to know.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 12:13:20 PM by gokken » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 12:13:33 PM »

maybe its cuz he doesnt like the sound of acoustic guitars as much as electrics...or maybe they wanna get a bit of electric guitar sound in their acoustic gigs Roll Eyes

W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2007, 05:38:23 PM »

some of you know i play and record alot, using electrics, acoustic and bass/keys sometimes as well.

acoustic is harder to play, you have to be VERY precise. Sloppy and Acoustic DO NOT go together. You cannot just slam on an acoustic, you have to be precise and exact, or else everyone hears your mistakes.

with electric, you can hide behind the distortion and the "feel" of the guitar. the more FX u put on, the more you can hide....if you're not that good.

not saying anything else, come to your own conclusions!!! LOL
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2007, 05:46:00 PM »

yeah, I conclude Finck owns!!!

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 05:47:16 PM »

some of you know i play and record alot, using electrics, acoustic and bass/keys sometimes as well.

acoustic is harder to play, you have to be VERY precise. Sloppy and Acoustic DO NOT go together. You cannot just slam on an acoustic, you have to be precise and exact, or else everyone hears your mistakes.

with electric, you can hide behind the distortion and the "feel" of the guitar. the more FX u put on, the more you can hide....if you're not that good.

Evil post Huh !!! rant

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Tonrey
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2007, 05:59:31 PM »

he might on Chinese Democracy, you never know
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2007, 06:02:31 PM »

Evil post Huh !!! rant

No, I love Robin. I like his messy style, its cool. I hate guitar geeks/nerds.....Robin IS rocknroll, just like Slash. So, no, not an evil post. Just stating the facts. I dont like playing acoustic either....i rather turn the distortion up and slam on one of my Gibsons.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2007, 06:04:51 PM »

05.19.2006 - The Plumm, New York City, New York
07.29.2006 - Cucoo Club, London, England [Did I get the venue right?]
11.27.2006 - Unknown Venue, Chicago, Illinois - CANCELED
02.08.2007 - Fashon Designers Hall Of Fame, Beverly Hills, California

They have played acoustic shows since the birthday party.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Zerocool2
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2007, 08:03:38 PM »

Why does he never play an acoustic?

Because its like the story of samson cutting his hair in the bible, which is to say that if he does he will lose all his power
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2007, 10:44:38 PM »

It could be the fact that its a lot harder to cover up one's mistakes when playing acoustic.

No joke.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2007, 10:48:17 PM »

because he's to good to play an acoustic guitar.

and electric is just so much better ok

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2007, 10:56:32 PM »

because he's to good to play an acoustic guitar.

and electric is just so much better ok

I smell an opinion Grin

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2007, 10:59:25 PM »

Cause he plays lead guitar

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2007, 08:08:21 AM »

So if you have your period right now, wait a week and then you go and read a book about guitars or something before you ask that kind of questions

i've been playing guitar for almost 20 years dipshit. i know plenty well the difference between an acoustic and an electric guitar.

chances are very very good that Fortus' acoustic has a piezo pickup in so you can plug it in to a huge soundsystem and not have it feedback and squeal like a pig into the monitors. Bumblefoot is still playing an acoustic per se, it's a thinline acoustic specially made to be played out through a huge pa system. not an acoustic in the traditional sense but it sounds like one and is better suited to live playing.

i was only questioning you because your initial statement was retarded. i'll be here waiting after you go look up what a piezo pickup is.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2007, 08:17:29 AM »

wow another genious thread and slash played acoustic in 93

and cbgbs in 87'

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2007, 08:21:49 AM »

Cos he wasn't at Rosario Dawson's acoustic birthday bash last year.

Have Guns played any acoustic sets since ? I'm serious ?

/bringbackadler

A few days ago in beverly hills...

beverly hills suck, and so does probably Robins acoustic skills?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2007, 02:23:36 PM »

I wouldn't want to hear robin doing stuff on acoustic.   He needs that distortion for his playing.  I'd hate to hear him on one.
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2007, 11:55:44 PM »

I think that Robin plays the elctric for afew reasons.  I think Axl wants people to think that Robin is the new Slash of the band, and is the definite lead guitarist. In addition to that I think they are trying to get Robin to stand out. Its not that hes "not good enough" to play an acoustic. Robin is great in his own sence, Jimmy Page is sloppy as hell, and Slash was sometimes also. Also, like others have said, there are electric solos on the acoustic songs so that probably plays into it also.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: