Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 10:27:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Japan Tour Announced!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Japan Tour Announced!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 32552 times)
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2007, 11:18:19 PM »

again this is not a good thing if you want the album out this year.  Bands tour these places last and so its a good sign that this will be the last tour before the album but most likely the album will not be out until after this tour.  So it looks like late 2007 now.  Didnt axl say that the first sign of delay he'd inform fans?  I really would be so much happier about these tours and chances for bootlegs or DVDs if they just told the truth about the album.  Also it should be noted to the people who are claiming that most bands dont play primarily new songs, thats definitely not true, since new songs almost always are highlighted and when only 1/8 band members were not there for the majority of the set, you should play primarily what THAT BAND worked on.  Yes, this is GNR and they have the right to play all of AFD and the rest of the collection, but comeon, if this band wants to be taken seriously by non GNR addicts, then focus on things that this band has done.
gnrbacik
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2007, 11:44:05 PM »

Great Korea!   Where is the fuckin albumn
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2007, 12:31:48 AM »

how quickly everyone forgot what a small percentage of the concert audience that bb visitors are  rofl

the set could stay the same till dec 07 and it wouldn't make a difference to 97% of the people in the crowd who only see the band once a year.  hihi

what was it axl called you guys? can someone refresh my memory?

I cant count how many times i saw the band in 06 and as a real fan i never got sick of the almost-same set.  beer

and most major acts dont play more than a few songs off a new album no matter what phase or stage the release is at. so get over that too.  rant

Dates in the US were canceled to allow time for the album to be completed and released. Why is it then ok to promote the same albumless tour another ten months? I'm sorry, but Axl's December letter bought him time to finish his work, not to restart the same nostalgia tour in another part of the world for another two or three seasons.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 12:36:05 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2007, 01:08:02 AM »

I totally agree, its nice that people all over the globe get to see GnR, but it shouldnt be because GnR cant do another North American/European tour without an album.  I really dont see how you can cancel concerts to finish an album and then schedule new concerts without the album coming out.  NIN's album isnt coming out till mid-April and they already have the album done and 2 tracks on their myspace page/radio station.  I really dont see how this album could possibly come out before June but I really hope Im wrong, but hell its not like I wont buy the album if it comes out in 2010, just sick of the lying to fans.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2007, 01:19:13 AM »

Has anyone considered that the scheduling of these dates might just mean that recording of the album is complete?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2007, 01:20:55 AM »

Has anyone considered that the scheduling of these dates might just mean that recording of the album is complete?

Like the 2 last tours you mean? Or was it 3? Touring doesn't mean anything in regards to an album.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2007, 02:05:26 AM »

I'm thinking the record is done.  Why else would Axl cancel his U.S. dates and then do another tour?!!??!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2007, 02:32:22 AM »

Axl said himself that alot of effort was needed to get the album to the label and eventually into the stores. Because Ax; is the point man between the band, management, and the label, he could make a grave mistake if he felt that he could coordinate between these groups while on tour.  Before we forget, the last leg proved definitively that the band needed to take care of its recording duties before hitting the road. 

I cannot fathom Axl taking the band abroad again with the same setlist and in support of internet leaks. His December letter was a promise to deliver the album with a tentative date of March 6th.  If all the work is done, then a tour beginning after this time period should be in support of the album, not the same material which propelled the last leg.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 02:53:39 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2007, 02:49:15 AM »

Axl said himself that? alot of effort was needed to get the album to the label and eventually into the stores. Because he is the point man between the band, management, and the label, he could make a grave mistake if he felt that he could coordinate between himself and the label while on the road, touring, partying, ect. The last tour proved definitively that the band needs to take care of its recording duties before hitting the road.?

I cannot fathom him taking the band abroad again with the same setlist and in support of internet leaks. His December letter was a promise to deliver the album with a tentative date of March 6th.? A tour after this time period should be in support of the album, not on leaks.

I cannot really fathom him doing it either, consciously. But it seems Axl got a tendency of commiting before he knows if he'll meet the deadlines. Unfortunately that has happened one time too many.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2007, 05:21:54 AM »

Or on the other hand there could be a new statement from axl, (who did say that he would talk if things change) . And for all we know now the album has been turned over , and lining up these dates now is part of the promotion. IMO its always hard to tell, but I look at it like this ...

This isn't 2002, or 3,4, ,5 , hell even 6 but 2006 brought about more to bring this saga for CD to a close, and finally see it  come out. I'd like to believe now stronger than in the past that alot of this is prep to kick things off . And hell its great that the band is going to be touring other parts of the world. I do however feel that the set list wont change dramatically. And I have no problem with that, till they go back to other places they have been last yr.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2007, 07:39:42 AM »

For god sakes Gnr, COME TO AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then japan,
then Mexico
then , if you have time, and you realllly want to, only if you really want to, tour New Zealand. beer

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2007, 11:44:49 AM »

Or on the other hand there could be a new statement from axl, (who did say that he would talk if things change) . And for all we know now the album has been turned over , and lining up these dates now is part of the promotion. IMO its always hard to tell, but I look at it like this ...

This isn't 2002, or 3,4, ,5 , hell even 6 but 2006 brought about more to bring this saga for CD to a close, and finally see it  come out. I'd like to believe now stronger than in the past that alot of this is prep to kick things off . And hell its great that the band is going to be touring other parts of the world. I do however feel that the set list wont change dramatically. And I have no problem with that, till they go back to other places they have been last yr.

It's very hard to tell. If there is no word and these dates commence with the same setlist, it is very hard to feel anything but deja vu, all over again, to paraphrase a great man.  If the promotion machine is in place, a single on the way, and untapped markets penetrated, then more of the wait game is not unacceptable. But if fans are still holding their breath since that December letter, waiting for word to rise to the surface and take a gulp of air, more of the same most likely will be met with more contempt.

Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2007, 12:07:46 PM »

I hope GN'R will play a Live Earth concert (organized around the world by Al Gore)   yes
Chris Axl
All that I wanted was...
Rocker

Axl Got My Sunglasses

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2007, 12:14:07 PM »

I hope GN'R will play a Live Earth concert (organized around the world by Al Gore)? ?yes
that would kick so much ass

If I were you, I'd manage to abhor the invitation
Of promised love that can't keep up with your adoration
Just use your head, and in the end you'll find your inspiration
To choose your steps and w
Sytsan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2007, 12:25:03 PM »

I heard Japan tour is 5 days.....
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2007, 01:05:03 PM »

I hope GN'R will play a Live Earth concert (organized around the world by Al Gore)? ?yes
that would kick so much ass

lol i've thought about it too
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2007, 03:03:08 PM »

haha,gnr will play in north korea,because they stoped nuclear program

I have never seen so many tree
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2007, 11:02:40 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/BURRN-07-03-KISS-TRIVIUM-GUNS-N-ROSES-Japan-mag-NEW_W0QQitemZ170080454890QQihZ007QQcategoryZ280QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's also mentioned in the March 2007 issue of Burrn! Magazine on the cover.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2007, 01:41:09 PM »

I think Axl is going anywhere he can make money.  These are some of the places he hasn't hit yet with the 3rd CD Tour with no album. 
27gnr
Opening Act

to be or not to be.let it be~

« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2007, 02:33:58 PM »

i am live at china.i think i will go to japan for the guns n roses
thanks this info~
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: