Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:20:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official AC/DC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official AC/DC Thread  (Read 272993 times)
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2005, 08:35:25 AM »

the album has a lot of songs from their other albums, which i already have.  i really dont want to spend the money to buy a CD for one song

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2005, 11:14:11 AM »

i dunno, maybe you could email it to me?  Hulkamaniac418@aol.com

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2005, 06:12:53 PM »

The new "Family Jewels" Dvd is just amazing, it makes me miss Bon Scott Cry

Yeah same here crying
DVD rules though. ok

What's so civil about war anyway?
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2005, 04:25:17 PM »

It's also on the 2-disc live album.  It's a good live album so its worth whatever money you'd have to shell out for it.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2005, 04:55:17 AM »

wkd

enough said

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2005, 04:00:22 PM »

According to a post at AC/DC Ruff Stuff, AC/DC will be recording their next studio album in the U.K.

AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson recently told Eddie Trunk of the "Friday Night Rocks" show on New York's Q104.3 FM that the band will begin recording their new CD soon for a tentative late 2005/early 2006 release. "I've already been with Mal [Malcolm Young, guitar] and Ang [Angus Young, guitar] and we've run a few tunes by each other, and it's sounding great. I think Mal said it best when he said, 'We don't wanna just bring out another album.' It's gotta be something really? It's gotta be perfect. And now him and Angus are really working hard to get something so special. I've been in the studio and I sang a few of the songs with the boys, a couple of little teasers, and I've gotta tell you, I was knocked out with the stuff they were coming up with."

AC/DC's last album, "Stiff Upper Lip" (2000), was recorded at the Warehouse studio (owned by Bryan Adams) in Vancouver, B.C., Canada.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2005, 10:04:11 AM »

BIG MACHINE have signed an exclusive representation deal with the New York law firm Selvern, Mandelbaum, and Mintz. The firm has represented a diverse roster of many of the entertainment industy's biggest artists, including rockers VAN HALEN, GUNS N' ROSES, rappers LUDACRIS, and THE WU-TANG CLAN and even Las Vegas diva CELINE DION. The band will be heading to New York in early July for a special label showcase gig, and photo shoot.

Commented frontman Kelly Shaefer (ex-ATHEIST, NEUROTICA): "This music is the real deal. This ain't some bullshit third-rate rock and roll. This music is coming from the man himself Brian Johnson [AC/DC frontman]. If you leave this disc too close to your bottle of Jack Daniels, it'll be gone"!

In other news, BIG MACHINE have just added a show at The Clubhouse Tavern in Sarasota, Florida on Friday June 3. Doors are at 9:00 p.m. and showtime at 10:00 p.m.

BIG MACHINE are currently tracking new material at Florida's Southern Sound Studios with former ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND engineer Bud Snyder. Doug Kaye is producing. The songs being recorded are: "Love Erosion", "Falling", "Shadow on the Wall" and "I Heard the Thunder". All tracks were written by AC/DC's Brian Johnson and BIG MACHINE guitarist Doug Kaye.
BIG MACHINE is:

Kelly Shaefer (ATHEIST, NEUROTICA) - Vocals
Doug Kaye - Guitar
Donny Jaurols (E3, SERAPHINE, UNHEARD) - Guitar
Joe Scibilia (LAST GREAT HOPE) - Bass
Jeff Klosterman (JULLIET) ? Drums

For more information, visit www.bigmachinerocks.com.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2005, 04:48:35 PM »

According to Billboard magazine, AC/DC's 1980 breakthrough "Back in Black" has been certified for U.S. shipments of 21 million copies, tying it for fifth place with BILLY JOEL's "Greatest Hits Vol. 1 & II" on the Recording Industry Assn. of America's all-time best-sellers list.

The Australian hard rock group's first album with lead singer Brian Johnson, who replaced Bon Scott following his alcohol-related death, "Back in Black" was originally released by Atco and was reissued in 2003 by Epic along with the rest of the band's catalog.

JOEL's "Greatest Hits Vol. 1 & II" reached 21 million in 2000. The leader of the list remains "Eagles/Their Greatest Hits" (Asylum), last certified in 2002 at 28 million. In second is MICHAEL JACKSON's "Thriller" (Epic), which reached 27 million in an April RIAA accounting, followed by PINK FLOYD's "The Wall" (23 million/1999; Capitol) and "Led Zeppelin IV" (22 million/1999; Atlantic).

Elsewhere among the RIAA's May certifications is a triple-platinum award (U.S. shipments of three million) for AC/DC's 1976 set "High Voltage"

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2005, 03:41:02 PM »

KnuckleBonz, Inc. announced its plans to create limited-edition sculptures of renowned AC/DC guitarists Angus and Malcolm Young. The figures will be the latest in the Guitar Hero limited-edition collectible series. These are officially licensed products from AC/DC, Angus and Malcolm Young. The sculptures are currently in pre-production and are scheduled for release in early 2006.The sculpture of Angus Young will display the rock star in his iconic schoolboy uniform. The Malcolm Young figure will depict the talented rhythm guitarist in his signature stance cranking out the AC/DC crunch. The Guitar Hero series focuses on capturing the images of legendary musicians of both past and present in detailed limited edition sculptures.

"The dual attack of the Young brothers is one of the all time greatest pairings in rock. Angus is the ultimate combo of chops and showmanship and Mal's rhythm work has always been AC/DC's secret weapon. It is only fitting that they be created as a tandem for the series," says Tony Simerman, President and Creative Director of KnuckleBonz, Inc.

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2005, 04:21:10 PM »

Whos seen that aussie movie THUNDERSTRUCK?HuhHuh

its fuckin' terrible, about a band who travel across Australia to see Bon Scotts grave in Freemantle, Perth. Pretty funny but pretty laim!!!

Anyway, i had my own mission to freemantle not to long ago!! ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Queen of Everything
Legend

« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2005, 07:01:36 AM »

Speaking of movies named after song titles!!!

Has anyone seen Mamma Mia or e Will Rock You???

Well I want to write a musical about Gnr called................... WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!!

Yay, it'll never happen, but still! I would love to do it!!!!!  yes

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2005, 11:04:02 AM »

Well I want to write a musical about Gnr called................... WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!!

Yay, it'll never happen, but still! I would love to do it!!!!!? yes
I think their reality was enough of a song and dance....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
madagas
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2005, 03:17:15 PM »

Not that I care, but I just saw that Back in Black was certified 21 times platinum in the US-21 MILLION ACCORDING TO RIAA. That is a lot of records. I wish they would update AFD.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2005, 03:35:34 PM »

According to a posting on AC-DC.net, AC/DC guitarist Malcolm Young was voted "Most Underrated Guitarist" in the February 2005 issue of Guitar World magazine. Meanwhile, Malcolm's brother Angus won the top position in the "Who Would You Most Like To Have A Drink With" category.

AC/DC are expected to begin recording their next studio album in the U.K. later in the year. The group's last album, "Stiff Upper Lip" (2000), was recorded at the Warehouse studio (owned by Bryan Adams) in Vancouver, B.C., Canada.

AC/DC's 1980 breakthrough "Back in Black" was recently certified for U.S. shipments of 21 million copies, tying it for fifth place with BILLY JOEL's "Greatest Hits Vol. 1 & II" on the Recording Industry Assn. of America's all-time best-sellers list.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2005, 03:42:06 PM »

A new book, entitled "AC/DC: Two Sides to Every Glory" , is scheduled for release on September 30 in the U.K. and November 1 in the U.S. via Independent Publishers Group. This book contains previously unpublished details on AC/DC singer Bon Scott's untimely death in 1980 and the strange circumstances around it, information on AC/DC's upcoming album, plus rare photographs and interviews. Author Paul Stenning recently spent two months in Australia speaking to more than 50 of the band's friends and colleagues.

Paul Stenning is the author of "The Band That Time Forgot" and a regular contributor to Powerplay, Record Collector and Terrorizer magazines. He has interviewed countless recording artists, including ALICE COOPER, IRON MAIDEN and MEATLOAF.

Queen of Everything
Legend

« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2005, 05:32:26 AM »

Yay, it'll never happen, but still! I would love to do it!!!!!? yes
I think their reality was enough of a song and dance....

Awww.... Well I've Lost one Audience Member Then   crying

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2005, 10:56:59 PM »

AC/DC, DEF LEPPARD and M?TLEY CR?E are among the artists that are planning on touring the U.S. later this year and/or in early 2006, panelists from several major booking agencies revealed at a session during the International Assn. of Assembly Managers (IAAM) conference in Washington, D.C. earlier this week, according to Billboard.biz. Without citing a specific time frame, CAA's Rob Light named a possible AC/DC trek, presumably in support of the group's upcoming studio album, which is not expected until early next year. Adam Kornfeld of Artists Group International named early 2006 dates for M?TLEY CR?E and an upcoming arena-level tour by DEF LEPARD. No further information is currently available.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2005, 09:32:07 AM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: If you think you're excited about AC/DC touring again, just imagine how they feel. The band has done a few shows over the past few years, but AC/DC hasn't done anything extensive since their 2000-2001 "Stiff Upper Lip" world tour. Lead singer Brian Johnson told Launch that the guys are getting anxious to get back out there. "Yeah, if I don't go on the road again, I'm just gonna burst," he said. "I'm gonna lose...I'm gonna lose something, I tell ya. (Drummer) Phil (Rudd) was just phoning up from New Zealand, there, and he's going, 'Hey, what the hell's going on, mate? I'm getting bored here!' And (bassist) Cliff (Williams) down the street, he's going nuts. We gotta get out before we fall off, so we cannot wait."

Hopefully, it won't be long. The band has been working on a new studio album, and according to Billboard, their agent told a gathering of concert-industry representatives that a tour is on the horizon, though he didn't say whether it would be this year or next. There's no word on whether the new album will be released in 2005 or 2006.

deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2005, 12:14:32 AM »

I personally think the last few AC/DC albums especially Stiff Upper Lip were terrible. The lyrics to the song Stiff Upper Lip were dreadful. I dont think they have put together a decent album IMO since The Razors Edge. I really was never to much of a fan of the Brian Johnson era. Not that they havent released any good material with Brian, i just prefer the Bon Scott era, those albums were amazing straight ahead rock and roll records.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2005, 01:12:34 AM »

I personally think the last few AC/DC albums especially Stiff Upper Lip were terrible. The lyrics to the song Stiff Upper Lip were dreadful. I dont think they have put together a decent album IMO since The Razors Edge. I really was never to much of a fan of the Brian Johnson era. Not that they havent released any good material with Brian, i just prefer the Bon Scott era, those albums were amazing straight ahead rock and roll records.

They've only put out 2 albums since The Razor's Edge.  However, SUL does drag on after a while.  Its not that its bad, its just I've heard all these songs before basically.  I don't think its necessarily Brian Johnson that brought the band down.  Back In Black, For Those About To Rock, and TRE are all excellent albums.  I think the band has gotten lazy in their old age.  With AC/DC its all about the live show nowadays...unfortunately they don't even do too man of those anymore.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: