Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:50:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official AC/DC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official AC/DC Thread  (Read 272797 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #240 on: August 05, 2008, 02:37:24 PM »

I missed them on the Stiff Upper Lip tour, definately won't be missing them this time Cheesy

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #241 on: August 05, 2008, 03:36:34 PM »

I missed them on the Stiff Upper Lip tour, definately won't be missing them this time Cheesy

Me too...worst timing of the flu ever!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #242 on: August 11, 2008, 12:30:44 PM »

Sharon Osbourne told Metro of the Philadelphia rock radio station 94 WYSP in a recent interview that she would love to get AC/DC to play next year's Ozzfest. "AC/DC are my favorite band," she said. "I love them. I would love to see Ozzy and AC/DC play together."

August 28th has been officially confirmed as the radio release date for Rock & Roll Train, the first single from the forthcoming AC/DC album. Sony/BMG, the band's record label says the new album should be out the last Tuesday in October, however unlike int the US where it is being exlusively released in Walmart stores, the album will be available at other stores in Canada. An 18 month world tour is expected to begin the same month
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 12:34:24 PM by Malcolm » Logged

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #243 on: August 15, 2008, 04:36:16 AM »

Anyone on here going to the filming of the new video in London tonight? Myself and a friend won a compettion to attend. Only 150 people were selected, any more from HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #244 on: August 15, 2008, 12:27:42 PM »

Anyone on here going to the filming of the new video in London tonight? Myself and a friend won a compettion to attend. Only 150 people were selected, any more from HTGTH?

How was it?Huh? Is the song cool?
Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #245 on: August 16, 2008, 06:19:43 AM »

Hi,

The song was called Rock and Roll Train. The video shoot took place at Ealing studios. All 'winners' were told to meet at victoria station in London. Only 5 miles away for me, but there were guys who flew over at one days notice from Germany. Anyhow, once we signed a disclamier we were ushered onto a bus and taken to Ealing. What we found out though, is that not enough people turned up. So, passers by that were there we able to get on the busses too! so well don to all those who saw the mass of ACDC t Shirts but Victoria station and stuck around!
So 6 bus loads arrive at ealing studios and we are waiting in a dark room, where we are told the band ARE there (phew some thought it was 'blue screen' work) and that we 'All would get a chance to be at the front' This wasnt exactly the case.
So we shortly went into the studio and saw the set. There was blue lighting and massive rotating cogs in the background, plus the odd fire effect for good measue.
First they played the song, it is classic ACDC, no epic, but it stuck in my head solidly. We had to sing the chorus, which went "Running Right off the track!"
So after a couple of plays the band came on to "Angus, Angus Angus!" brilliant.
Ofcourse his guitar wasnt plugged in and Brians mic wasnt either.
So they did two shots from behind the crowd and a couple from the front, managed to get my Donnington DVD booklet signed by Brian, but was too far back when Malcolm and Angus etc started signing.
Basically, even though they said, everyone can get a chance at the front, it was predominatly the same lot.
We were promised a Tshirt at the end but there were not enough and it was first come first serve and they were on the return bus, at least thats what we were told. Got on bus, no Tshirt. Dam. Gave us a sandwich and a kitkat though.
Angus looked great, Phil Rudd had a moody face the whole of the show he really didnt want to be there.

So the song, really classic ACDC, cool solo towards the end. Sticks in your head like glue.

Some one asked about the UK tour and got no reply as to when, sadly.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #246 on: August 16, 2008, 06:28:22 AM »

Gave us a sandwich and a kitkat though.

now thats worth the trip right there!

anyways looking forward to seeing the new video.  smoking
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #247 on: August 16, 2008, 11:31:02 AM »

Wow, sounds great, lucky you!! It's gonna be weird seeing the band back again!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #248 on: August 16, 2008, 11:37:14 AM »

From Rolling Stone

Sweet vindication! Last year in this column, AC/DC singer Brian Johnson promised that they?d tour in 2008. Well, he wasn?t kidding. Soon they?ll begin rehearsals in a secret location, before hitting U.S. arenas in late fall. We heard this news at the Sony HQ on New York?s Madison Avenue, before hearing all 15 tracks of the band?s earthshaking new Black Ice, recorded in Vancouver in just eight weeks with Brendan O?Brien. On it, Brian wails about skies on fire, blood in his eyes, storms raging, lightning flashes, hard rain and pretty women. Angus Young shreds throughout (we dig his slide work on ?Decibel?), and the rhythm cats ? Malcom Young, Cliff Williams and Phil Rudd ? are solid as a rock. The first single is ?Rock ?N Roll Train?; ?She Likes Rock ?N Roll? will be a stripper anthem; and ?War Machine? (our favorite) will tear you to pieces.\

I cannot frigin wait to hear some new AC/DC...gonna be amazing

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #249 on: August 16, 2008, 02:22:36 PM »

^slide work...Angus actually....doing something different?

Damn this AC/DC sounds like its gonna be  a surprise!!!

html sucks
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #250 on: August 17, 2008, 04:49:45 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45_5g1MtqN8

From the making of the video.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #251 on: August 18, 2008, 05:27:48 AM »

Looking forward to it. Brian sings great peace
and ?War Machine? (our favorite) will tear you to pieces

Something very heavy a la' Razors Edge? Cheesy

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #252 on: August 18, 2008, 11:39:28 AM »

Columbia Records has set an October 20 release date for AC/DC's widely anticipated "Black Ice", the band's first studio album in eight years. "Black Ice" (see artwork below) features 15 new tracks from brothers Angus and Malcolm Young, Brian Johnson, Cliff Williams, and Phil Rudd. The album was recorded in Vancouver in just eight weeks with producer Brendan O'Brien, who has previously worked with PEARL JAM, BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN and VELVET REVOLVER, among others.

"Rock 'N Roll Train", the album's first single, will debut on August 28. A source at Harddrive Radio described it as "smoking hot. It's AC/DC like we love them, loud, anthemic and hard!" The video will premiere in September.

"Black Ice" track listing:

01. Rock 'N Roll Train
02. Skies On Fire
03. Big Jack
04. Anything Goes
05. War Machine
06. Smash 'N Grab
07. Spoilin' For A Fight
08. Wheels
09. Decibel
10. Stormy May Day
11. She Likes Rock 'N Roll
12. Money Made
13. Rock 'N Roll Dream
14. Rocking All The Way
15. Black Ice

"Black Ice" will be sold in the U.S. exclusively at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club retail locations at the special price of $11.88. Online, the CD will be available with free shipping and handling via the band's web site, www.acdc.com. It will also be sold at Walmart.com and Samsclub.com.

As one of America's largest music retailers, Wal-Mart will join with Columbia Records to launch multiple activities for fans in celebration of the new CD album, including new product features and promotions to come this fall that will bring fans closer to one of history's greatest rock bands.

"Like all excited fans of AC/DC, we can hardly wait for the launch of this album and all that will surround it," said Gary Severson, Wal-Mart's senior vice president of Entertainment. "We promise there will be a multitude of opportunities for fans of all ages to get involved and 'rock again' as we count down to October 20."

"No Bull: The Director's Cut", a newly edited, comprehensive DVD and of the band's famed July 1996 Plaza De Toros De Las Ventas concert in Madrid, Spain, will be released on DVD and Blu-ray September 9, 2008.

"Black Ice" is AC/DC's first new studio effort since 2000's "Stiff Upper Lip".

The legendary rockers are slated to begin an 18-month world tour in October, with the trek reportedly kicking off on around Halloween in Chicago.

The 1977 AC/DC song "Let There Be Rock" will be featured in the new Rock Band 2 video game, due out in September. This will mark the band's first and so far only contribution to a video game soundtrack.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #253 on: August 18, 2008, 11:46:06 AM »

i can just imagine Skies on Fire with that big AC/DC backing vocal thing going on "SKIIESSS ONNN FIREEEE"

drool drool drool

html sucks
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #254 on: August 18, 2008, 12:52:20 PM »

I can't wait!

This is going to be goooooood.  drool
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #255 on: August 18, 2008, 01:02:59 PM »

Very cool....I may have to check this one out.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
GNRFAN20
« Reply #256 on: August 18, 2008, 02:34:28 PM »

dat cover is awesome
Graciela
Oasis or Westlife, that's the question
Rocker

Show them no fear, show them no pain

« Reply #257 on: August 18, 2008, 05:09:33 PM »

I was selected... Silly me, I entered the competiton not realising that I wasn't going to be in London on the 15th, I was on holidays. So I was one of the people that didn't show up  crying

Maybe I'll get it right next time...
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #258 on: August 18, 2008, 06:01:02 PM »

That album cover is soooo fuckin' cool! Cannot wait for this album  drool
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #259 on: August 22, 2008, 01:35:02 PM »

How is it this AC/DC album hasn't leaked at all and its been in the works for 7 years.  Amazing.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: