Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:37:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official AC/DC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official AC/DC Thread  (Read 270263 times)
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #440 on: October 21, 2008, 01:49:18 AM »

Like a well worn pair of sneakers...you can alway count on AC/DC.  Hear R&RT...thought it was some old lost gem...

Of Course the Brian Johnson clock is ticking...Mick Jagger can mumble his way into his 80's, but can Brian keep the wail going much longer?

Haha, I love the stones, but Mick couldn't really sing to begin with  hihi 
You sir are wrong but whatever - to each his own right? I love micks voice.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #441 on: October 21, 2008, 02:45:25 AM »

AC/DC - The Undercover Interview

by Paul Cashmere - October 21 2008

With AC/DC breaking out all over the world with the Black Ice album this week, Undercover sat down with Angus Young to get the story of how they got to where they are today.

Angus Young spent time with Undercover to talk about his favorite music, the origins of the band, the death of Bon Scott, the appointment of Brian Johnson and the gaps between albums.

PAUL CASHMERE: You?ve always had a bad boys or rock and roll image. Are you worthy?

ANGUS YOUNG: I always said AC/DC never had to look for trouble. It just walked up to us. I don?t think we really are bad boys. A German interviewer said to Malcolm ?here is a TV, do you want to toss it out the window? and Malcolm answered ?no, I?ll just take it home?.

PAUL CASHMERE: The irony about the bad boy image is that you really are all happily married family men.

ANGUS YOUNG: For the two hours I climb on stage, I become the school-boy. But as soon as it is over, I get off stage and go home. I don?t even get in the front door if I come home like that with the horns hanging out of my head. I get told to wipe my feet before I come home.

PAUL CASHMERE: So Mrs. Young doesn?t dress up in the school girl uniform to greet you?

ANGUS YOUNG: (laughs) He wishes

PAUL CASHMERE: I?ve read that you are very much into painting, that you do a lot of landscapes.

ANGUS YOUNG: Sure. I?ll have a crack at anything. I?ve even been given a paint brush and told to do a little bit of wall painting.

PAUL CASHMERE: What sort of lifestyle has the fame and wealth created?

ANGUS YOUNG: I?ve always been one for the simple things. I have never been one for the flashy lifestyle. I think that is the same for everyone in AC/DC. I think that is why we stand out as who we are. We are just one of those bands. I think if you said to someone to describe you a rock guitarist they wouldn?t picture somebody like myself, with the shorts and the school suit on. I think we have always been different from the rest.

PAUL CASHMERE: What about material things?

ANGUS YOUNG: Material things? I have never been a big lover of the flash life, the big house with the big swimming pool and the couple of bimbos on each arm. Throw in the two bimbos, maybe.

PAUL CASHMERE: So you still have the Holden panel-van lifestyle?

ANGUS YOUNG: A lot of people laugh at how we are as people. I?ve gone to AC/DC shows and I?ve just walked in with the crowd. It is rare they ever spot me. They are always looking for the guy in the school suit.

PAUL CASHMERE: Do you see yourself competitive with younger bands?

ANGUS YOUNG: Not really. We?ve been there, seen there, done it. As far as for us, there is always a new band out there, this year?s new thing. AC/DC is AC/DC and what the other guy does has never really bothered us. We have never had to have been in a competition. They always expect us to go for the number one thing and we always say when you get to number one there is only one way to go and that is down. We would rather be Top 5 for 20 years.

PAUL CASHMERE: In the early days, we were competing with Sherbet and Skyhooks.

ANGUS YOUNG: There has always been someone we?ve been packaged with but AC/DC, we have always looked at ourselves as a rock and roll band. From the moment we started, it was always a compliment that you could motivate somebody to part with his hard-earned money and walk into a record shop and buy your record.

PAUL CASHMERE: How exhausting is a live show?

ANGUS YOUNG: It can take its toll. When we toured once for 18 months, at the end of the 18 months you can be pretty fried. Put it this way, you always look like you need a good feed at the end of it.

PAUL CASHMERE: Angus, you?ve always looked like you?ve needed a good feed anyway.

ANGUS YOUNG: (laughs)

PAUL CASHMERE: Has the noise from your gigs affected your hearing?

ANGUS YOUNG: That?s another thing I have never had a problem with. It is also a very good reason that I am running around a lot.

PAUL CASHMERE: Are you still a follower of Australian music?

ANGUS YOUNG: If I am there, when I get into Australia I pick up about what is happening there. But a lot of the people are still around from when we were there at the beginning. Jimmy Barnes is still around churning out songs. There is still a lot of the old school still there but a lot of new things are happening.

PAUL CASHMERE: What do you listen to at home?

ANGUS YOUNG: I have a minimum record collection. I go into a record store and pick up an album but the problem is that I?ve already got it. I?ve got 8 copies of Muddy Waters, 4 copies of a BB King album.

PAUL CASHMERE: Do you still consider yourself an Australian band?

ANGUS YOUNG: Sure, that is where we started and where we were first recognized as coming from. For us, for sure. That is where our roots are. If it wasn?t for Australia we wouldn?t be here.

PAUL CASHMERE: Its funny how American?s often compliment Brian on his ?Australian? accent.

ANGUS YOUNG: I think they are just trying to figure out where he is from. Brian does have a very strong accent and I think they just figure that because it doesn?t come from their part of the world, so it must be Australian.

PAUL CASHMERE: You guys all live in various parts of the planet. How do you keep in touch?

ANGUS YOUNG: The same way I am talking to you now.

PAUL CASHMERE: Band rehearsals over the phone, hey.

ANGUS YOUNG: (laughs) Yeah.

PAUL CASHMERE: Do you all go your own separate ways after a tour?

ANGUS YOUNG: After a tour we all like to get home and feed the cat and dog. There are some points during the year that we get together and decide what we are going to do. If I haven?t seen Brian for a while, the first thing I see when I walk into a hotel is Brian leaning against the bar, where he was when I left him.

PAUL CASHMERE: At least you always know where to find him.

ANGUS YOUNG: That?s right.

PAUL CASHMERE: When critics do polls for the world?s best guitarist, names like Eddie Van Halen always come up, but rarely you. The fans say it but the critics don?t. How do you feel about that?

ANGUS YOUNG: We started life as a band. AC/DC was a band first and foremost. We never looked at ourselves as individual pieces. That has always been the way we have looked at it. I have never said AC/DC is one guitar solo and here is your drum solo. AC/DC is a combination of five guys who all play with the same intent in mind. We go out there to play a bit of rock and roll. We aren?t five individual guys displaying their technique.

PAUL CASHMERE: You have knocked out some pretty impressive lead breaks over the years but people like Jimmy Page seem to get all the accolades.

ANGUS YOUNG: We get our things. I am quite lucky. There are a lot of people out there who will say AC/DC inspired them to pick up a guitar. I think that is a compliment in itself too.

PAUL CASHMERE: What is your favourite AC/DC cover?

ANGUS YOUNG: I heard a French band once do a track off ?Dirty Deeds?, the song ?Right On?. I was in Paris and the guy played it to us. It was certainly strange hearing it sung in a foreign language.

PAUL CASHMERE: What has kept AC/DC going after all these years? There must have been times where you wanted to call it a day.

ANGUS YOUNG: Not really. The only time we thought about it was when Bon died. That was a big decision whether we would go on or stop. Ever since that time we kept going. I think that was the hardest thing to decide but ever since then we have only ever gone forward. We have never said ?okay now it stops?. We have gone forward with a positive attitude.

PAUL CASHMERE: How did Bon?s death affect you?

ANGUS YOUNG: For me it was like losing someone probably more than even in your family. We were very close as people. We were very, very tight. In a band like AC/DC it is like a childhood gang. We think the same. You spend so much time together that it is a very tough thing for you to go through.

PAUL CASHMERE: How hard was Bon to replace?

ANGUS YOUNG: That was difficult too. We really didn?t know. At the time people were saying ?go on? and others were saying ?you should stop?. At the time we didn?t even want to look for a singer. All I know is that Malcolm called me up one day and said we should get together and keep writing songs because we were just moping around at the time. He said this will just keep our minds away from it and then we can decide when we felt more what we should do. As far as replacing someone like Bon Scott, you can never replace someone like him. We were lucky we met Brian Johnson. Brian has his own character too. He has a unique character like Bon. I always looked at someone in music doing something different as unique people. That is what I did with Brian Johnson. He is a unique character.

PAUL CASHMERE: He is the longest serving singer? Does he still feel like the new boy for you?

ANGUS YOUNG: It?s true. I can imagine sometimes he still feels like the new guy. When I joined I felt like the new guy. Malcolm got me in a week after it started and I felt the same thing.

Continue reading here: http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=6599

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #442 on: October 22, 2008, 08:16:30 AM »

Come on, play in Scotland! crying

Two of you were born here for the love of god.

Indeed, I aint going to Manchester.

There ARE rumers though for Glasgow, anyone got anything concrete?

Strong rumers are April 12th @ SECC, Glasgow. Theres even a ticket agency selling tickets online, though I wouldn't give them a ?1 of my money.

Awaiting anything more concrete? Anyone else got any news?
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #443 on: October 22, 2008, 12:06:44 PM »

This is ultra cheesy, but my friends and I are going to go on a train ride the day of our AC/DC show.

It gets cheesier, we're gonna sing the train song a capella for everyone to hear.

And yes, we shake like Malcolm does when he provides his backing vocals.

I'm sure the lyrics "runnin' right off the track" will make your fellow passengers love you.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #444 on: October 22, 2008, 04:32:20 PM »

On the first listen of the new album, the songs that stand out to me are Rock 'N' Roll Train, Anything Goes and Stormy May Day. To me, SMD wouldn't sound out of place on Physical Graffiti...

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #445 on: October 22, 2008, 06:08:37 PM »

On the first listen of the new album, the songs that stand out to me are Rock 'N' Roll Train, Anything Goes and Stormy May Day. To me, SMD wouldn't sound out of place on Physical Graffiti...

Yeah, I dig that SMD slide guitar.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #446 on: October 22, 2008, 06:12:34 PM »

The album is expected to sell 800,000 copies in it's first week of release. Can't wait to get my copy.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #447 on: October 22, 2008, 10:17:48 PM »

I listened to the whole album, and I definitely like it better than the last two.  Even at age 61, Brian Johnson's voice sounds better than it did on Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip.

Black Ice still isn't a standout album to me though.  I guess you just really have to love repetitive songs about booze, sex, and rock n roll to rock hard to AC/DC after all these years, because their style hasn't changed a lick.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #448 on: October 26, 2008, 02:44:48 AM »

AC/DC Rock and Roll Train Crashes Into Your Computer

by Paul Cashmere - October 26 2008

AC/DC is claiming a world first, a video in a spreadsheet, but be warned, it is more than likely to either not work or crash your computer.

The anti-download band has tried something different by putting the video for ?Rock N Roll Train? into an excel spreadsheet.

You download the file and the clip plays in ASCII characters as it plays (when it works).

Pretty much the only way you are going to see what this thing is meant to look like is if you use a PC and Vista.

Forget trying it on a Mac and good luck trying it on earlier versions of Excel.

The great thing with this idea is that it compliments so much what Microsoft offers. That is flawed products that need continual updates.

Hopefully AC/DC Rock N Roll Train Ver 2.0 might have the bugs of Ver 1.0 ironed out. But then, if it does work for Ver 2.0, there would be no need for a Ver 3.0.

You might not be able to download AC/DC and now you can also have fun letting their Rock N Roll Train crash your computer.

Just to be safe, watch what it is meant to look like here: http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=6655

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #449 on: October 26, 2008, 01:59:32 PM »

AC/DC Rock and Roll Train Crashes Into Your Computer

by Paul Cashmere - October 26 2008

AC/DC is claiming a world first, a video in a spreadsheet, but be warned, it is more than likely to either not work or crash your computer.

The anti-download band has tried something different by putting the video for ?Rock N Roll Train? into an excel spreadsheet.

You download the file and the clip plays in ASCII characters as it plays (when it works).

Pretty much the only way you are going to see what this thing is meant to look like is if you use a PC and Vista.

Forget trying it on a Mac and good luck trying it on earlier versions of Excel.

The great thing with this idea is that it compliments so much what Microsoft offers. That is flawed products that need continual updates.

Hopefully AC/DC Rock N Roll Train Ver 2.0 might have the bugs of Ver 1.0 ironed out. But then, if it does work for Ver 2.0, there would be no need for a Ver 3.0.

You might not be able to download AC/DC and now you can also have fun letting their Rock N Roll Train crash your computer.

Just to be safe, watch what it is meant to look like here: http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=6655

Now, that was cool as hell.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #450 on: October 27, 2008, 04:08:45 PM »

Australian hard rock legends AC/DC held a "dress rehearsal" for their Black Ice World Tour last night (Sunday, October 26) at the Wachovia Arena in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania in front of 3,000 specially invited fans from around the world.

AC/DC reportedly began rehearsals at the arena on October 19 and agreed to kick off the tour at the same venue on October 28.

One person who attended last night's concert told BLABBERMOUTH.NET, "They played an 80-minute set of classic AC/DC, including 'Rock 'N Roll Train' and 'Black Ice' from the new album. The show was obviously just a selection of the setlist for the upcoming tour, but on my way out of the venue, I noticed what I guess is the complete setlist for the tour. It was written on a small poster in the closed off area around the sound- and light board, and all the songs they played on today's mini show were on the list."

A photo of the above-mentioned list can be viewed below.

AC/DC's setlist - October 26, 2008 at the Wachovia Arena in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania:

01. Rock 'N Roll Train
02. Hell Ain't a Bad Place To Be
03. Back in Black
04. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
05. Thunderstruck
06. Hells Bells
07. You Shook Me All Night Long
08. TNT
09. Black Ice
10. Whole Lotta Rosie
11. Let There Be Rock
12. Highway to Hell
13. For Those About to Rock

The complete song listing is as follows (***Note***: Not all of these songs were performed at the dress rehearsal):

01. Rock 'N Roll Train
02. Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be
03. Back In Black
04. Stiff Upper Lip
05. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
06. Thunderstruck
07. Hard As A Rock
08. The Jack
09. Hells Bells
10. Shoot To Thrill
11. You Shook Me All Night Long
12. TNT
13. Whole Lotta Rosie
14. Let There Be Rock
15. Highway To Hell
16. For Those About To Rock
17. Anything Goes
18. Big Jack
19. War Machine
20. Black Ice
21. Bad Boy Boogie

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #451 on: October 27, 2008, 11:25:24 PM »

I like the songs they picked for the setlist.  Anyone of you who are going to the show Tues have fun.  beer

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #452 on: October 28, 2008, 08:30:55 AM »

Released globally on Monday October 20, 2008, AC/DC's first new studio album in eight years, "Black Ice" tops sales charts in 29 countries, including the U.S., U.K., Germany, Canada, France, Argentina, Japan, Australia, Belgium, Finland, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and more. In the U.S. alone, "Black Ice" has sold more than 780,000 units its first week on sale, marking the band's first ever debut entry at No. 1 on the album charts. Over 5 million copies of "Black Ice" have been shipped worldwide, combined with close to 5 million in catalog sold this year, the band is poised to sell over 10 million units this year alone.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #453 on: October 29, 2008, 11:02:06 AM »

AC/DC electrifies Wachovia Arena crowd

WILKES-BARRE TWP. ? Australia?s very bad boys of heavy metal rock AC/DC returned to town Tuesday night before a sold-out audience of 8,500 people at the Wachovia Arena at Casey Plaza and made it their business to rip the place apart.

Not literally, of course, but figuratively, musically if you will. Brothers Angus and Malcom Young didn?t fail to delight again as they unraveled their grandiose anthemic rock show.

AC/DC?s music flaunts heavy metal guitar riffs layered in crunchy power cords, thumping bass lines and sexual juvenility as their lyrical template. For the most part, their music objectifies women except those in attendance who did not seem to mind.

Joining the Young brothers on stage in AC/DC are vocalist Brian Johnson, drummer Philip Rudd and bassist Cliff Williams. The quintet?s primal 4/4 beat has seen the band through four different decades of success dating back to their auspicious debut with their late frontman Bon Scott.

The Hall of Fame rockers offered up a playlist touching on just about every part of their career. Resounding versions of ?Back In Black,? ?Highway to Hell,? ?Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap,? ?Stiff Upper Lip? and ?For Those About To Rock? are probably still rebounding around the Wachovia Thunder Dome.

AC/DC?s high-decibel wattage and fist-pumping anthems made this a perfect night for the band that was still in the process of punching its ticket to the Hall of Fame on their last trip through Northeastern Pennsylvania.

Four generous video screens surrounded a life-like locomotive emblazoned with the band?s name as a backdrop. Very appropriately, the group opened with ?Rock & Roll Train? from their latest release, ?Black Ice.?

Guitarist Angus Young perched on his left foot all night like a crane lifting and lowering his right leg in time stomping on the arena stage. On occasion, he would wander the spacious illuminated runway that jutted out into the audience slapping hands along the way and never missing a lick on his wireless Gibson guitar.

Angus still sports his trademark grade school uniform, red velvet shorts and all. During ?The Jack,? Young does a fake striptease all the way down to his boxers which sport an AC/DC logo across the back as he shows off to a thunderous approval from the Wachovia Arena audience.

During most songs, vocalist Brian Johnson would squint his eyes and reach down in a Joe Cocker-like seizure flailing his arms as he pranced across the stage, seeming to search for every word deep in the arena flooring. He still hangs from the giant bell and sways back and forth as the opening notes to ?Hells Bells? ring out.

On Sunday night, the band gave a dress rehearsal performance for 1,000 people at a ?Secret Show? (mostly for radio contest winners) at the arena. Some reported that the Aussies gave a perfunctory performance lacking in any real impetus or purpose. That certainly wasn?t the case Tuesday night. It seems that when you add 7,500 more people and a tour opening-night press contingent, there?s a bit more motivation.

Double-stacked Marshall amplifiers, elaborate props, slick lighting scheme and an audience full of people wearing pulsating plastic devil horns ? yeah, all of the elements were there for a night of classic arena rock. And there are few out there that do it better than AC/DC ? very few.

The group's setlist was as follows:

01. Rock 'N Roll Train
02. Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be
03. Back In Black
04. Big Jack
05. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
06. Thunderstruck
07. Black Ice
08. The Jack
09. Hells Bells
10. War Machine
11. Anything Goes
12. You Shook Me All Night Long
13. TNT
14. Whole Lotta Rosie
15. Let There Be Rock
----------------------
16. Highway To Hell
17. For Those About To Rock
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 11:07:27 AM by Malcolm » Logged

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #454 on: October 29, 2008, 03:32:15 PM »

784,000 fuck me!  Way to go AC/DC

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003878705
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #455 on: October 29, 2008, 03:32:43 PM »

that's pretty sweet ok
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #456 on: October 29, 2008, 03:48:50 PM »

that's pretty sweet ok

I remember when VR debuted with 259,000 in 2004 and we thought that was a lot.  This is like 3 times that amount. 
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #457 on: October 29, 2008, 03:58:00 PM »

that's pretty sweet ok

I remember when VR debuted with 259,000 in 2004 and we thought that was a lot.  This is like 3 times that amount. 

woah you're good with math too hihi Wink
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #458 on: October 29, 2008, 10:42:29 PM »

that's pretty sweet ok

woah you're good with math too hihi Wink

Thanks CheapJon...  rant hihi
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #459 on: October 30, 2008, 03:45:44 PM »

Damn, I didn't expect such a strong debut from just one store selling the albums, but kudos to AC/DC!  Another statistic that could be shared is that it took a year for their last album, Stiff Upper Lip, to hit platinum in the U.S., and they nearly broke that in one week with Black Ice!  Pretty impressive.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: