Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:01:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official AC/DC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official AC/DC Thread  (Read 270238 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #640 on: March 02, 2017, 03:42:54 PM »

17 years to "STIFF UPPER LIP" !

Stiff Upper Lip is AC/DC's 14th Australian and 13th international studio album ,released in February 2000. The album was recorded at The Warehouse Studio in Vancouver, British Columbia and mastered at Sterling Sound in New York City. The album was produced by George Young, older brother of Malcolm and Angus Young. The three singles to be released from it were the title track, "Safe in New York City", and "Satellite Blues". The album is currently certified platinum in the US for shipments in excess of 1,000,000 copies.

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154187114576175&substory_index=0&id=282889256174
This is my first album that i ever got when i was 4 years old, the first album i paid for was Powerage some months later.
I think this is on of my favourite if not the favourite AC/DC album

Now I feel old  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #641 on: March 17, 2017, 10:35:26 AM »

Stiff Upper Lip is AC/DC's 14th Australian and 13th international studio album ,released in February 2000. The album was recorded at The Warehouse Studio in Vancouver, British Columbia and mastered at Sterling Sound in New York City. The album was produced by George Young, older brother of Malcolm and Angus Young. The three singles to be released from it were the title track, "Safe in New York City", and "Satellite Blues". The album is currently certified platinum in the US for shipments in excess of 1,000,000 copies.

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154187114576175&substory_index=0&id=282889256174
This is my first album that i ever got when i was 4 years old, the first album i paid for was Powerage some months later.

Now I feel old  hihi

Just an amazing album top to bottom

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #642 on: March 17, 2017, 04:21:50 PM »

Now I feel old  hihi

Just an amazing album top to bottom

Indeed! Stiff Upper Lip, House of Jazz, Safe in New York City and Satellite Blued are my favourite tracks.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #643 on: October 23, 2017, 06:55:34 PM »

George Young, Easybeats Guitarist and AC/DC Producer, Dead at 70

Older brother of AC/DC's Angus and Malcolm Young penned Sixties hit "Friday on My Mind"

George Young, guitarist in the Sixties band the Easybeats and the co-producer on AC/DC's first five albums, has died at the age of 70. Young was the older brother of the band's Angus and Malcolm Young, who confirmed his death on Facebook. "It is with pain in our heart that we have to announce the passing of our beloved brother and mentor George Young," the band wrote. "Without his help and guidance there would not have been an AC/DC. As a musician, songwriter, producer, advisor and much, much more, you could not ask for a more dedicated and professional man."

The Young brothers added, "As a brother, you could not ask for a finer brother. For all he did and gave to us throughout his life, we will always remember him with gratitude and hold him close to our hearts." No cause of death was provided.

After emigrating from Scotland to Australia with his family as a teenager, George Young formed the Easybeats with four other European musicians, including Dutch guitarist Harry Vanda.

After a string of successful singles in Australia, the British Invasion-inspired Easybeats, along with the Bee Gees, were among the first Australian rock acts to have international impact as their single "Friday on My Mind," co-written by Young and Vanda, reached Number 13 on the Hot 100. Artists ranging from David Bowie (on Pin-Ups) to Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band (at a Sydney, Australia concert in 2014) covered the single.

Following the Easybeats' breakup, Young and Vanda became one of Australia's most successful songwriting tandems. However, it was Young's work with his younger brothers Angus and Malcolm that will be his most enduring contribution.

On George Young's suggestion, AC/DC recruited singer Bon Scott after firing Dave Evans in 1974; Scott's previous band, the Valentines, had released some Vanda/Young compositions as singles in the late Sixties.

Starting with AC/DC's 1975 debut LP High Voltage, Young and Vanda co-produced the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame band's first five studio albums, including 1975's T.N.T., 1976's Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, 1977's Let There Be Rock and 1978's Powerage. Young and Vanda also co-produced the 1978 live LP If You Want Blood You've Got It.

Following AC/DC's decade-long collaboration with producer Robert "Mutt" Lange, Young and Vanda reunited with the band to produce 1988's Blow Up Your Video. Young, sans Vanda, would go on to produce one more AC/DC LP, 2000's Stiff Upper Lip.

Vanda said of his longtime bandmate and producing partner's death, "Rest in Peace my dear friend."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #644 on: November 18, 2017, 07:28:49 PM »

AC/DC Co-Founder And Guitarist MALCOLM YOUNG Dead At 64

Malcolm Young, guitarist and co-founder of the legendary Australian hard rock band AC/DC, has died at the age of 64. He had been suffering from dementia for at least the past three years.

Malcolm died peacefully on Saturday with his family by his bedside, a statement said.

"Today it is with deep heartfelt sadness that AC/DC has to announce the passing of Malcolm Young," AC/DC wrote in a statement.

"Malcolm, along with Angus, was the founder and creator of AC/DC. With enormous dedication and commitment, he was the driving force behind the band. As a guitarist, songwriter and visionary, he was a perfectionist and a unique man. He always stuck to his guns and did and said exactly what he wanted. He took great pride in all that he endeavored. His loyalty to the fans was unsurpassed."

Malcolm's brother Angus said they were close until the end.

"As his brother, it is hard to express in words what he has meant to me during my life. The bond we had was unique and very special," he said. "He leaves behind an enormous legacy that will live on forever."

In a separate statement to Australia's SBS, the band said: "Renowned for his musical prowess, Malcolm was a songwriter, guitarist, performer, producer and visionary who inspired many. From the outset, he knew what he wanted to achieve and, along with his younger brother, took to the world stage giving their all at every show. Nothing less would do for their fans."

Malcolm Young struggled with the onset of dementia for a period of time prior to being admitted to full-time nursing care in Sydney, Australia beginning in 2014.

Malcolm was replaced in AC/DC by Stevie Young, nephew of Malcolm and AC/DC guitarist Angus Young.

"We miss Malcolm, obviously," AC/DC singer Brian Johnson told TeamRock Radio in July 2014. "He's a fighter. He's in hospital, but he's a fighter. We've got our fingers crossed that he'll get strong again.

"Stevie, Malcolm's nephew, was magnificent, but when you're recording with this thing hanging over you and your work mate isn't well, it's difficult. But I'm sure he was rooting for us. He's such a strong man. He's a small guy, but he's very strong. He's proud and he's very private, so we can't say too much."

The Sydney Morning Herald reported in September 2014 that Malcolm was being treated in a nursing home in Sydney, Australia. The facility was believed to be Lulworth House in Elizabeth Bay. A Young family connection told the newspaper, "If you were in the room with [Malcolm] and walked out, then came back in one minute later, he wouldn't remember who you are. He has a complete loss of short-term memory. His wife, O'Linda, has put him in full-time care."

Malcolm did not participate in the recording sessions for AC/DC's latest studio album, "Rock Or Bust", which arrived on December 2, 2014.

Malcolm Young was faced with two other massive health scares after the conclusion of the group's marathon 20-month tour in support of 2008's "Black Ice" album. First, he was diagnosed with lung cancer, which was detected early, enabling surgeons to operate on the guitarist successfully. Then he discovered he had a heart condition, which Brian Johnson only learned about while having dinner in London with Malcolm and his wife one evening a few years ago.

"This is typical Malcolm ? he got a hold of my hand and went... [bangs repeatedly on his chest]" the vocalist told Q. "He says, 'Pacemaker. Fucking good, mate.' He scared the shit out of us! And there's a twinkle in his eye, he was tickled pink. It's like he was showing us a new fuzzbox or something!"

Meanwhile, Angus, who had begun working on ideas for songs, was posed with a dilemma: whether or not AC/DC should continue on as a touring and recording act without Malcolm. He sought advice from his older brother George, the ex-EASYBEATS frontman who co-produced many of AC/DC's early albums, but eventually made the decision himself.

"Any time I saw [Malcolm], I'd be asking him whether the band should carry on," Angus told Q. "I was even asking him, 'Are you picking up your guitar?' And a lot of times he wasn't. Communication was hard. You kind of know then ? what you're saying is not getting through. So I thought: 'Do I keep going?' I talked with my brother George, and George always said, 'It's really what you want. Do you think you should go forward??' I said, 'It's not easy.' And he said, 'You know Mal better than anyone. Mal always liked to go forward, to play on.' I thought, 'Okay. I'll give it a shot. I'll try.'"

Angus Young spoke to GMI Rock about his brother's health issues, explaining: "Besides the mental side with the dementia, he had physical problems also. He had a lung operation, which was pretty critical, but he got treatment for that because they got to it. It was like a cancer. So they got that early and then later on he had also a heart problem. So it was like everything hit him at once... But he kept going as long as he could... You were hoping that he would get better, y'know, but unfortunately it's a disease... The physical side of him, he got great treatment for all that so he's good with all that, but the mental side has deteriorated. He himself had said, 'I won't be able to do it anymore.'"

Angus Young told Sweden's Aftonbladet that his nephew Stevie was the first person he thought of as a possible replacement for Malcolm. He said: "The logical choice to fulfill Mal's role on the project was my nephew Stevie. He had filled in for Mal in 1988 and he had done an American tour, a whole American tour, and he did it well."

Angus told The Pulse Of Radio that Stevie was a natural fit. "He just plugged into what we were doing, 'cause he's of the same age era as Malcolm and myself," he said. 'He was my eldest brother's son. You know, we all grew up together. Mal played that style how he played that rhythm style. Stevie, you know, he emulated that."

Asked if it was emotional for AC/DC to continue without Malcolm, Angus said, "When we were recording and listening, I didn't notice. Yeah, when you look, [you go], 'Yeah, it's not Malcolm.'"

Malcolm's death comes just weeks after his brother George Young, guitarist for THE EASYBEATS and AC/DC producer, died at age 70.

Malcolm is survived by his wife, two children and three grandchildren.

This really sucks. My real name is matt, not malcolm. But I chose this name because I loved Malcolm Young and thought he was badass. AC/DC were the tightest band ever. RIP Uncle Mal
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 07:35:03 PM by Malcolm » Logged

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #645 on: November 20, 2017, 08:29:18 PM »

AC/DC's BRIAN JOHNSON Pays Tribute To MALCOLM YOUNG: 'I'm Going To Miss Him So Much'

Brian Johnson has paid tribute to his AC/DC bandmate Malcolm Young, calling him a "genius" whose "riffs have become legend, as has he."

Malcolm died on Saturday at the age of 64. He had been suffering from dementia for at least the past three years.

In a post on his official web site under the title "For 32 Years We Stood Side By Side On Stage," Brian wrote: "I am saddened by the passing of my friend Malcolm Young. I can't believe he's gone. We had such great times on the road.

"I was always aware that he was a genius on guitar; his riffs have become legend, as has he.

"I send out my love and sympathy to his wife Linda, his children Kara and Ross, and Angus, who will all be devastated, as we all are. He has left a legacy that I don't think many can match.

"He never liked the celebrity side of fame; he was too humble for that. He was the man who created AC/DC because he said there was no rock and roll out there.

"I am proud to have known him and call him a friend, and I'm going to miss him so much. I salute you, Malcolm Young."

Very well said Brian

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #646 on: November 22, 2017, 08:30:14 PM »

Great interview with Brian Johnson here....

https://www.yahoo.com/music/ac-dc-apos-brian-johnson-160400920.html

"It was a lousy weekend," Brian Johnson says from his Florida home. And with good reason: As AC/DC's primal-grunt lead singer, Johnson spent 35 years singing and writing songs with guitarist and co-founder Malcolm Young, who died November 18th at age 64 of complications from dementia.

During those years, the 70-year-old singer co-wrote many of hard rock's most enduring battering rams with Malcolm and his schoolboy-garbed lead-guitarist brother Angus. Johnson, who stopped touring with the band last year over hearing issues, is still dealing with the aftershock of what he calls "nine fucking operations" on his ears. "You got to take it like a man, but when it hurts, you know that's it ? you're done, pal," he says. "But Malcolm had it way worse ?another invisible thing. I call it the invisible disease that nobody can see or touch." Johnson spoke with Rolling Stone about his memories of working with Malcolm Young.

Malcolm was a catalyst. It was Malcolm that got ahold of Angus and said, "Just go fucking crazy [on guitar]." Malcolm taught everybody in the band how to be in a band. One of the super-fans came to one of the gigs and the security just wouldn't let him in. We were in Germany and he had hitchhiked there, so Malcolm just pulled out 500 pounds and said, "I am sorry I can't get you in, but why don't you fly home?" He was just a sweetheart.

I'll always remember my little audition for AC/DC in 1980. They had asked singers to come in and do a couple of songs. The smallest guy in the room stood up and walked towards me. Pulled out a bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale, because that is where I am from, and said, "There you go, mate, just make yourself at home." It was Malcolm.

? "Malcolm never missed a trick. He paid attention to everything." 

I sang and left and thought, "I will never get this." I was a nobody. I said, "Hey guys, I'll sing a couple of songs and then I got to get back home." At least I could tell me pals I had a sing with AC/DC. Then a month later, it was Mal's voice on the phone saying, "Would you like to come down?"

I said, "For what?"

And he said, "You know, we got to do an album."

And I go, "Does that mean I am in the band?" And he went, "Oh, fuck yeah." When I first joined them and went to Australia, he took me to meet his mother and father. Then he came up to Newcastle to meet me mom and dad, just to say, "Hey, I am Malcolm and this is the band." He was just such a thoughtful man.

When we went to the Bahamas [to record Back in Black], I was pretty on edge. I was joining this band and first thing they did was say we're going to do an album. The first day, Malcolm gave me a little cassette and a legal pad. He said, "Okay, this is the first rough recording. Just give us some lyrics; see what you got." And I said, "Do you have a title?" And he said, "Yeah it's called 'You Shook Me All Night Long.'" I said, "That's a fucking long title." He said, "Mate, take your time. We are going in all day to get some tracks." And that is the man he was. He wouldn't say, "I want some words tomorrow." He would just say, "Sit down and see what you come up with." Luckily enough, I came up with a whole song. You just didn't want to let a man like him down because he picked me.

Malcolm never missed a trick. He paid attention to everything. Onstage he was always watching, taking in things and making sure it wouldn't happen again if he didn't like the look of some lights or something. We were in the Bahamas doing Back in Black and listening back of one of the tracks. I was sitting there going, "Yeah, that's Malcolm riff!" Phil [Rudd] was right on the money with the drums like he always is. Mal sat for a moment and went, "What is that noise?" And we said, "What noise? What are you talking about?" He goes, "There was a noise there. Play that again." They played it again and we were all listening ? nothing.

We took the tracks off one at a time until the only thing left was the bass drum. And I will be a son of gun: All you heard was a clicking noise. I was like, "What the fuck is that?" They took the big blanket out of the bass drum and there was a little sand crab that had been stuck there for two days. It had found itself a nice little cozy thing while Phil was banging the living shit out of it. We just looked at Malcolm and said, "How the hell did you even [know]?" That was just the way he was. It was unbelievable.

In 1981 or '82, Malcolm said, "Let's go to Loch Ness. Let's go see if there is a monster!" We booked a hotel right on the side of the Loch and had dinner and, you know, we had a few sherbets, and as we are walking down there I said to Malcolm, "What's that you got?" He said, "I've got a box of fireworks." I said "What for?" He said, "Well, we will set them off and it may get the attention of the monster." I said, "Ah, that is a fucking great idea." We walked straight into the water; we didn't even take our shoes off. And there we were giggling and laughing trying to set these fireworks. Everything got soaked in the water and we all fell down, and of course we thought we had seen it. We weren't sure.

Malcolm gave rock and roll a fist. He'd give it a kick in the ass. People always used to ask Mal, "How do you get that sound, man?" Malcolm either wouldn't tell them or just really couldn't explain it. He would just go, "We just play." I used to stand next to him at the end of "Let There Be Rock," where there is a big huge build at the end and it builds and builds. Malcolm would go through two guitar picks during that one song. He would wear them down. He was the most precise guitarist.

? "Malcolm gave rock and roll a fist.  He'd give it a kick in the ass." 

Many times on the road, Angus would tell me, "Hey Brian, I got to rehearse in my room every day. My finger bits and all of this. I do it every day." And I said, "Why? You are just so natural at it." And he said, "No, because of him [Malcolm] behind me. If I don't do it right, he will just pick it up and play better than me. I am just in constant fear of it!"

In the 1980s, we had just suddenly become unfashionable because of the hair bands. Atlantic threw our new album on the table in front of Mal and Angus and said, "There are no singles, there is nothing." Mal just went, "That is the way it is going to be. We are not going to be a singles band." People were telling us to change, get some leather jackets and that mid-Eighties hair band stuff. Malcolm had two black T-shirts and a pair of jeans. Malcolm always looked cool in whatever he was doing.

"I was lying there and couldn't move, and there was me pal next door. It was fucked up." 

On the Black Ice tour, he was just amazing, even though he had to relearn some of the songs. That was the dementia kicking in; the evil silent thing. You can't see it with an X-ray machine or anything like that. It is just nasty. It wasn't so bad during the making of the album. He was still pretty good. He had some great riffs on that one as well. But as the tour went on, it started to dig in. But I will never forget it was the last night. Malcolm had a fire in his eyes you could spot a mile away.

By the time of the Rock or Bust tour [in which Young did not participate], he was pretty much being taken care of and searching for cures or how to try stop this thing. About three-and-a-half years ago, he came over to Florida to talk to a neurologist friend of mine. But I think it was pretty much too late. I was in the hospital in Australia two years ago getting an operation, and the guys said Malcolm was in the next wing. I said, "I would love to see him," and they said, "No, you can't see him. He is in a bad way now." He had just had a pacemaker put in and was pretty weak so the doctors didn't want to excite him. I was lying there and couldn't move, and there was me pal next door. It was fucked up. That was a toughie. Maybe it is good I didn't see him, because that would have broke me heart.

Malcolm would have been absolutely stunned at the outpouring of tributes and grief. He didn't think of himself in that way, that he was great and all that. I learned the team spirit from Malcolm. You are just a cog in a well-oiled machine. If we all pulled together at the same time, you get this amazing thing happening. And it worked, you know. Mal is not here anymore, but if I ever have a problem I stop and go, "What would Mal do?" He just always seemed to do the right thing.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #647 on: November 23, 2017, 06:49:58 PM »

Great read

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #648 on: November 28, 2017, 08:58:23 PM »

Malcolm's funeral...

https://www.yahoo.com/music/ac-dc-members-past-present-135423825.html

Phil Rudd and Brian Johnson in this photo....

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #649 on: August 08, 2018, 08:22:17 PM »

BRIAN JOHNSON And PHIL RUDD Appear To Be Back In Studio With AC/DC: Photographic Proof

A few days after a Canadian journalist claimed that Stevie Young and Phil Rudd were spotted in downtown Vancouver, we now have the first photographic proof that something is brewing in the AC/DC camp.

According to Steve Newton of Straight.com, Vancouver resident — and hardcore AC/DC fan — Crystal Lambert has an apartment located near Warehouse Studios, where the band's last three albums were recorded, and she and longtime friend Glenn Slavens have been keeping an eye on the studio's outside deck, where various bandmembers seemingly retreat to get some air and get a drink.

As you can see from the photo below, taken by Glenn two days ago, Rudd appears to be sharing a laugh with none other than singer Brian Johnson.

The assumption is that AC/DC is in the midst of making — or at least planning — another album, with Rudd and Johnson both back in the lineup.

Ever since AC/DC completed the tour cycle for its 2014 album "Rock Or Bust" nearly two years ago — a turbulent trek that weathered the forced retirement and eventual death of co-founder Malcolm Young, plus the departures of Johnson, Rudd and bassist Cliff Williams — fans have wondered whether sole remaining founding member Angus Young would keep the band going or decide it was time for AC/DC to pack it in.

Johnson was forced to leave AC/DC mid-tour due to a dangerous level of hearing loss, and was eventually replaced on the road by GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose, while Williams decided to retire at the end of the cycle.

Rudd's spot behind the kit for AC/DC's "Rock Or Bust" world tour was taken by Chris Slade in 2015 after Rudd was arrested for drug possession and threatening to kill an employee.

Angus has not said publicly what he has planned for the future of AC/DC.

Rudd told Kaaos TV in a 2017 interview that he "would like to be involved with Angus again, maybe on the next [AC/DC] album or something. But I still have some traveling restrictions, and I'm not sure if I can go to America or not," he said. "I've got some lawyers doing some work so I can go back to America, but I'm not too sure. So I have some limitations on what I can do, and I'm just making the best of my situation at the moment."

Asked if was is in contact with his former bandmates in AC/DC, Phil said: "I am. Yes, I am. I talk to Brian, and we just talk about cars, and I talk to Cliff, and we just talk [about] anything. It's just old friends talk. But I'm sure Angus has got a few ideas. He did a great job on the 'Rock Or Bust' album. I think it's a great album — one of the best ones we've done, for sure. [It was] very well produced by Brendan O'Brien, who understands guitarists. And he did a really good job. And I was pleased with my work on that as well."

Johnson joined AC/DC in 1980 following the death of vocalist Bon Scott. He made his debut with the band on that year's "Back In Black" album, one of the most successful LPs of all time.

The rock legend spoke to The Sunday Times about the hearing problems that almost ended his 36-year career with AC/DC. "On stage, it was getting harder and harder to hear the guitars, even hear the keys, and I was basically going on muscle memory," he said. "And I'm not the kind of guy who likes to cheat. The way I look at it, I had a great run."

Two years ago, Johnson said in an open letter to fans that he intended to solve his hearing problem and continue recording and touring, although he pointedly did not say whether he would be rejoining AC/DC.

The vocalist wrote: "My entire focus is to continue medical treatment to improve my hearing. I am hoping that in time my hearing will improve and allow me to return to live concert performances. While the outcome is uncertain, my attitude is optimistic."

The Warehouse has been AC/DC's studio of choice for the band's last three albums: 2000's "Stiff Upper Lip", 2008's "Black Ice" and the aforementioned "Rock Or Bust".

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #650 on: March 01, 2020, 10:30:43 AM »

AC/DC's New Album Will Contain Mind-Blowing MALCOLM YOUNG 'Surprises'

Dee Snider says that AC/DC's upcoming album will feature "some surprises" related to late rhythm guitarist Malcolm Young that will blow the minds of the band's diehard fans.

The TWISTED SISTER singer discussed AC/DC's plans for the new disc during an appearance last Thursday (February 20) on SiriusXM's "Trunk Nation" show to promote a Change.org petition to get the legendary Australian hard rock act to perform at next year's Super Bowl.

Snider said: "I had dinner with [AC/DC singer] Brian [Johnson] recently, and we talked about [the band's return to activity]. He told me a lot of stuff, and a lot of stuff that I don't wanna say. But we know from the photos, and Brian confirmed it, they've been in the studio, they've been recording. The original — I don't say the 'original' guys, because a lot of 'em are gone, but I say the 'classic' lineup is back together and there are some surprises, which I can't talk about, regarding Malcolm Young that just had my jaw on the floor. I will say he will be present. So this is AC/DC as we know and love them."

Last December, Snider confirmed that Johnson was doing "good," four years after the the AC/DC frontman was forced to leave the band mid-tour due to a dangerous level of hearing loss. He was eventually replaced on the road by GUNS N' ROSES vocalist Axl Rose.

Snider was responding to Twitter questions regarding his earlier comment that the surviving members of AC/DC were working on a new studio album which will reportedly be dedicated to Malcolm Young.

Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #651 on: July 31, 2020, 08:25:13 PM »

Some days ago:

AC/DC Back in Black 40th Anniversary: A Virtual Celebration

https://youtu.be/-Rqn4YA5DDQ

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #652 on: October 06, 2020, 10:31:13 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ac-dc-release-details-single-133924011.html

AC/DC to release new single and album with band's classic lineup.....

AC/DC has announced on Twitter that the band's new single "Shot in the Dark" will be released at 12 a.m. ET on Wednesday. The track will be followed by a new album called Power Up, according to Rolling Stone. The collection features unreleased songs which Angus Young wrote with his brother and fellow guitarist Malcom, who died in 2017. “This record is pretty much a dedication to Malcolm, my brother,” Angus Young told RS. “It’s a tribute for him like Back in Black was a tribute to Bon Scott.” Scott, who sang on the band's early albums, passed away in 1980.

In addition to Young, the band's lineup comprises singer Brian Johnson, guitarist Stevie Young, bassist Cliff Williams, and drummer Phil Rudd.

The band's last album was 2014's Rock or Bust, which featured the same lineup, although the band effectively broke up in the years in-between. Johnson left the band in the course of the ensuing tour because of difficulties with his hearing and was replaced for live performances by Axl Rose. In 2016, Williams announced that he was departing the music industry.

“SHOT IN THE DARK.” THE NEW SINGLE OUT WEDNESDAY @ 12:00 AM NYC / 5:00 AM LONDON / 3:00 PM SYDNEY. #PWRUP pic.twitter.com/9l2B37wdP1
— AC/DC (@acdc) October 5, 2020
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #653 on: October 07, 2020, 04:11:03 AM »

https://youtu.be/xNhn1KOqq8g

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #654 on: October 07, 2020, 10:35:42 PM »

Hey, I like the new song!  Brian sounds as good as he has in years!   Cool

Honestly glad to hear the real AC/DC -- Brian, Angus, Cliff, and Phil, along with Stevie Young.  I am glad the Axl/DC lineup didn't last.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #655 on: October 08, 2020, 10:00:38 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ac-dc-brian-johnson-details-192526312.html

AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson is back and he's opening up about recovering from the hearing loss that forced him into a hiatus in 2016.

In a new interview with Rolling Stone, the 73-year-old rock legend details how a medical specialist helped him restore his hearing through experimental treatment after he suffered from significant hearing issues during the band's Rock or Bust tour.

"It was pretty serious,” Johnson told the magazine. “I couldn’t hear the tone of the guitars at all. It was a horrible kind of deafness."

"I was literally getting by on muscle memory and mouth shapes. I was starting to really feel bad about the performances in front of the boys, in front of the audience," he added. "It was crippling. There’s nothing worse than standing there and not being sure.”

Johnson explained that when the specialist first came to treat him, he brought a small device that looked like a car battery.

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories

“I went, ‘What in the hell is that?’ He said, ‘We’re going to miniaturize it,'" the singer said.

“We’d sit there and it was boring as s--- with all these wires and computer screens and noises. But it was well worth it," he added. "The only thing I can tell you is that it uses the bone structure in the skull as a receiver. That’s as much as I can tell you."

Sure enough, the device helped Johnson sing again, which has now led to his reunion with AC/DC for their upcoming 17th studio album POWER UP.

The new LP reunites the four surviving members of the band — Johnson, lead guitarist Angus Young, bassist Cliff Williams and drummer Phil Rudd. Malcolm Young died in 2017, and his nephew Stevie Young has been playing in his place since 2014.

“It’s been a long, long road,” Angus, 65, told Rolling Stone. “But it’s good that everyone came on board and we get to pump out a bit of new rock & roll for the world. At this time, with the pandemic, hopefully it gives people a few hours of toe-tapping enjoyment.”

According to the band, much of POWER UP was recorded in late 2018 and early 2019, but Angus said he also went through the AC/DC vault of unreleased songs before they began and that the group is using this album to honor his late brother.

“This record is pretty much a dedication to Malcolm, my brother,” said Angus. “It’s a tribute for him like Back in Black was a tribute to Bon Scott.”

AC/DC first announced they were reuniting this past September, sharing the new album cover for POWER UP.

The project's first single "Shot In The Dark" is out now.

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #656 on: October 10, 2020, 11:28:38 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeqDjDO3PcE

Brian Johnson and Cliff Williams are interviewed; they discuss AC/DC reunion, Malcolm, and new album.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #657 on: October 26, 2020, 10:20:44 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ac-dc-share-shot-dark-141554388.html

AC/DC's video for "Shot in the Dark".
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #658 on: November 12, 2020, 11:42:15 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/ac-dc-were-too-stubborn-002649648.html

AC/DC's album out Friday the 13th -- tomorrow.  Full article above.  The site wouldn't let me post the entire thing.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #659 on: November 13, 2020, 09:53:19 PM »

The new album Rocks!

Best AC/DC since Stiff Upper Lip!!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18