Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:51:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official AC/DC Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official AC/DC Thread  (Read 270211 times)
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2004, 03:38:01 PM »

AC/DC are cool - Ive got Highway To Hell, Back In Black and Live. Im not a massive fan, and i do agree that alot of there stuff sounds similar - to me anyways. I suppose thats what makes them good though in a way. You Shook Me All Night long is amazing!

Riot In Everyone!
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2004, 05:35:43 PM »

It was Mal that Phil had a fight with.  I think that's the main reason he left.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2004, 05:57:50 PM »

Sorry if I offend any hardcore acdc fans, but you deserve to be offended for liking such a shitty band.

Eat shit and fucking die like your hero Lennon.  You deserve to perish for making a blatantly provocative, shit-stirring statement.  Now fuck off, asshole.

Thats so cool man.  You sound so bad ass talking shit on a message board.  Sorry if I don't tell you to eat shit and die when you speak your opinions.  Don't be a fucking pussy and get mad over shit people say.  Are you ten years old??  Or just a bitch??

EDIT:  And to John Daniels, this isn't the nsync board??  Damn, I must really be in the wrong place.  Oh yeah, this is a GNR board so don't have a fucking hissy fit if I say ACDC sucks.  Get over it.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 06:00:05 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2004, 06:02:18 PM »

Are you still here?  I thought I told you to eat shit and die!   rant

I seriously would love to sit here and fight about an ACDC comment I made.  Grow fucking up.  You must really love ACDC, I feel sorry for you.  And to keep this on topic of ACDC, I think they suck.  Apparently not as bad as you.

Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2004, 06:30:09 PM »

Grow fucking up.  You must really love AC/DC, I feel sorry for you.  And to keep this on topic of AC/DC, I think they suck.
There's really no need.  Maybe you should feel sorry for yourself?  The fact that you can't communicate that you don't like something in a civil manor, suggests you have some issues that need dealing with.

Do you hate every band/artist/person who does what they want, and does so regardless of trends, and doesn't change because they enjoy what they do?
Maybe you've been watching MTV too long.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2004, 07:03:32 PM »

Just stop it already.... So fucking pointless.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2004, 07:35:56 PM »

PS. I believe they have Phil Rudd drumming for them now, again, but whatever happenned to Chris Slade?

They fired him in 1994.  According to an AC/DC site I once came across, the band wanted to get back to their "original drum feel".  They made it a point to praise the work Slade had done for them, and explained to him that the decision to let him go was made for the interests of the band, and had nothing to do with him personally.  Original AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd had cleaned himself up, so they hired him back.

Phil Rudd had been fired in 1983 due to excessive drug use, irresponsible behavior with women, and a physical altercation with one of the band members (whose name was not given).  His behavior had been a hindrance to the band and their touring.  Phil was replaced by Simon Wright, who later quit and was replaced by Chris Slade.

Anywho, I'm glad Phil is back, because he was the original and is an incredible drummer.  I always felt Chris Slade was a mediocre drummer at best.  Simon Wright was slightly better, but still no Phil Rudd.

Thanks Dizzy, I've wanted to know about this for a while now.

You sure know your AC/DC ok

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2004, 08:47:17 PM »

Diz, what's the tracklisting of TNT?  
Because I remeber reading ages ago that the EU release of High Voltage was actually a mix between the Aussie releases of TNT and High Voltage.

It is.  There are only a few song differences between the two releases.  Here is the track listing for TNT....

It's a Long Way to the top (If You Wanna Rock n Roll)
Rock n Roll Singer
The Jack
Live Wire
TNT
Rocker
Can I Sit Next to you Girl
High Voltage
School Days

is that the album wich doesnt have Bon Scott singing? i saw some live show of Can i sit next to you, girl. And it had a really weird, normal, singer!! i know they released it on single, but does that album future Mr. Bon? :p

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Dizzy
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2004, 09:10:31 PM »

is that the album wich doesnt have Bon Scott singing? i saw some live show of Can i sit next to you, girl. And it had a really weird, normal, singer!! i know they released it on single, but does that album future Mr. Bon? :p

No, Bon Scott sings on TNT.  There was a version of "Can I Sit Next to you Girl" which featured Dave Evans on vocals.  But they only recorded a few songs with him in 1973, before Bon took over in 1974.  Bon sings on all official AC/DC albums released before his death.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 09:33:15 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2004, 11:08:42 AM »

No, Bon Scott sings on TNT.  There was a version of "Can I Sit Next to you Girl" which featured George Young on vocals.  But they only recorded a few songs with him in 1973, before Bon took over in 1974.  Bon sings on all official AC/DC albums released before his death.

okey.-... thnaks..  i rember having a shock seeing that video with george singing... damn, i though it was the real ac/dc as i knew it... :p still a cool song, thoug!  ok

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2004, 01:05:21 PM »

Just to try and make amends and stop all this hating towards me about ACDC, I went home and put in ACDC live, and listened to it the whole way through.  It wasn't the first time I listened it, probably the forth or fifth time, but definitely the first time in a few years.  I will admit that Angus Young is a great guitar player, with his own unique style.  The cd was good.  I take back saying that they suck.  But I will not take back however that "I feel safe in NYC" is a bad song.  I just couldn't get into the last cd they put out at all.  Back in Black, the first with the new singer if I'm correct, I don't know his name, is a pretty good album.  My dad has all of ACDC albums on vinyl, so I grew up listening to ACDC, Van halen, Motorhead, The Beatles and Jimmy Buffett, etc.  I'm going to be the bigger man here and apoligize for offending all of you ACDC fans.  I didn't realize what little I said would spark such a giant outrage.  Even though I think it it went just a little too far.  I come to this board because GNR is my favorite band and always will be, and I'm not going to ruin my time here by arguing over other bands.  So again, sorry for offending you guys, even though some of you replied with much worse and much ruder comments then I, but hey, its just words on a message board, something I can live with.

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2004, 01:09:25 PM »

Grow fucking up.  You must really love AC/DC, I feel sorry for you.  And to keep this on topic of AC/DC, I think they suck.
There's really no need.  Maybe you should feel sorry for yourself?  The fact that you can't communicate that you don't like something in a civil manor, suggests you have some issues that need dealing with.

Do you hate every band/artist/person who does what they want, and does so regardless of trends, and doesn't change because they enjoy what they do?

And its stupid comments people like this make, that obviously know almost nothing about me.  Because I like Blink 182, I watch mtv all the time?  Thats a stupid assumption.  I'm on a GNR message board and obviously I don't follow trends.  Last time I checked GNR wasn't very trendy.  AIC my second favorite band aren't trendy.  So no I don't watch mtv.  I hate almost all new music out right now. So no need to make comments to just try and join an argument.  Its over and done.

Dizzy
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2004, 05:01:40 PM »

But I will not take back however that "I feel safe in NYC" is a bad song.  

I personally like the song, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Back in Black, the first with the new singer if I'm correct, I don't know his name

Brian Johnson, and yes, that was his first album with AC/DC.

I'm going to be the bigger man here and apoligize for offending all of you ACDC fans.  I didn't realize what little I said would spark such a giant outrage.  Even though I think it it went just a little too far.  I come to this board because GNR is my favorite band and always will be, and I'm not going to ruin my time here by arguing over other bands.  So again, sorry for offending you guys, even though some of you replied with much worse and much ruder comments then I, but hey, its just words on a message board, something I can live with.

Fair enough.

Hell, it isn't that you said you don't like AC/DC that evoked my responses, because you're entitled to your opinion.  If you think they suck and they're overrated, that's fine.  I just felt the wording of your initial post was made with the deliberate intention of pissing people off; your comment about AC/DC fans "deserving to be offended for liking such a shitty band" was particularly provocative.  My retaliatory posts were made in sarcasm (I am the bitter old man  rant ) and not meant to be taken as anything more.  But it's over, let's move on.
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2004, 06:36:22 PM »

No, Bon Scott sings on TNT.  There was a version of "Can I Sit Next to you Girl" which featured George Young on vocals.  But they only recorded a few songs with him in 1973, before Bon took over in 1974.  Bon sings on all official AC/DC albums released before his death.
Wasn't it Dave Evans, didn't he record some stuff with them, before they kicked him out and hired the bus driver?

And its stupid comments people like this make, that obviously know almost nothing about me.  Because I like Blink 182, I watch mtv all the time?  Thats a stupid assumption.  I'm on a GNR message board and obviously I don't follow trends.  Last time I checked GNR wasn't very trendy.  AIC my second favorite band aren't trendy.  So no I don't watch mtv.  I hate almost all new music out right now. So no need to make comments to just try and join an argument.  Its over and done.
No, no you misunderstood.  Liking Blink has nothing to do with that last comment I made.  I said maybe you watch MTV too much, because you seemed to have a problem with AC/DC not chaning their music, and doing what they love, and not giving a fuck about what the trends are doing.

Ah well, fuck it, no need to argue.  Peace dude [ok]

Dizzy
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2004, 09:35:19 PM »

Shit, you're right.  It was Dave Evans, and they recorded several songs with him, but none got widely released.  I have a bootleg entitled "Back into the Black" with all those recordings.

George Young is Angus's and Mal's brother who was their producer.
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2004, 01:14:48 PM »

what? was bon scott their bus driver?!?

Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2004, 02:22:41 PM »

Yeah, and he played drums for them for a little while before he became the singer.

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2004, 05:29:21 PM »

Yeah, and he played drums for them for a little while before he became the singer.

cool!!!
poor dave guy :p

i can see it... Angus: yo, dave.... you know, we dont like your singing anymore, wwe found a much more weird and strangled sounded singer... orignal though.
Dave: damnit! who is it?
Angus: well... its our bus driver... hey, look at the bright side, we dont have to pay bus fair no more..!!

(darang pssh.. drum thingie)  hihi

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2004, 11:25:18 PM »

u already know how this cd will sound, it all sounds alike to me

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dizzy
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2004, 06:03:30 PM »

u already know how this cd will sound,