Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:44:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 146963 times)
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1040 on: February 20, 2007, 04:20:39 PM »

So try to understand that the release isn't just up to the band or Axl.

They write and record the album, but it's other people who'll make it available for us in record stores.

yeah... but first the band and axl have to finish recording the album.  after that, it`s other people?s turn.....

You obviously don't follow what's been rumored recently....

/jarmo

Did someone say definitively that the record was finished? I only recall BBF saying his parts were done but I'd imagine you know more/follow this closer than I do.

Are you referring to Axl supposedly putting down 'final vocals' in Vegas last month?

Rumors are bad...

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
madagas
« Reply #1041 on: February 20, 2007, 04:27:14 PM »

for the second time...when did Axl allegedly say it was finished?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1042 on: February 20, 2007, 04:30:27 PM »

Axl has yet to say that the album is finished.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
angie62
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1043 on: February 20, 2007, 04:33:34 PM »

Anybody know where he is now or what he is doing???
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1044 on: February 20, 2007, 04:41:35 PM »

Axl has yet to say that the album is finished.

Officially, yes.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1045 on: February 20, 2007, 04:42:56 PM »

Did someone say definitively that the record was finished? I only recall BBF saying his parts were done but I'd imagine you know more/follow this closer than I do.

Are you referring to Axl supposedly putting down 'final vocals' in Vegas last month?

Rumors are bad...

Yeah, according to some newspaper Axl was recording in Vegas last month.

Wonder what album he was working on.....  Grin

Bumblefoot was working on an album too last month according to Talking Metal.

Since then we haven't heard anything......

So, many of you assume it means it's not done because they haven't said a word about it.

I think they'll say something as soon as possible. Meaning when there's definite plans.

The tentative release date was a bonus. At the time, as mentioned, they knew it would take approximately eight weeks from turning in the album until its release.

As suspected, it's just got turned against Axl without any of us knowing really what's going on.

Obviously at this point, when it seems like the recording has been completed, it's not just up to the band to get it released. Yet the only one held responsible time after time is Axl.

He does not manufacture cds, print the booklet, book ad space in magazines or deliver the physical cds to the stores before the release.

It's the same thing when they're on tour. I don't think he calls promoters asking for gigs. Yet people are wondering "why are they playing here, why not there? How can Axl play a show in that dump?"....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
angie62
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1046 on: February 20, 2007, 04:56:46 PM »

im definately not against Axl I just wish he was able to let us know what stage everything is at! I guess Im getting very impatient!!!!
EFISH
« Reply #1047 on: February 20, 2007, 05:06:20 PM »

It's pretty obvious to say that the recording is done and has been done for atleast 3 weeks now. It's also safe to assume the mixing/mastering is done because I can't imagine in taking over 3 weeks, since all they had to touch up was some extra stuff, not all the songs. That being said, I think it's up to the higher-ups at the record company to give it the go-ahead to be printed, and the band is probably waiting on that and expecting that to happen very soon, if it hasn't already happened. I'd expect an announcement no later then the end of next week. We will probably get some tour plans and the official release date, and single plans. The album will probably be out in late March, or at the worst, April. That's how I see it atleast.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #1048 on: February 20, 2007, 05:10:13 PM »

There was that blog entry from someone who claimed they went to a lunch with a few people, including Axl in New York. He said Axl brought up in conversation that he had a recording studio booked in NY for 2 months. It was posted about 3 weeks ago, so.......

Jonx
Count Fluffy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1049 on: February 20, 2007, 05:21:41 PM »

There was that blog entry from someone who claimed they went to a lunch with a few people, including Axl in New York. He said Axl brought up in conversation that he had a recording studio booked in NY for 2 months. It was posted about 3 weeks ago, so.......

Jonx

If this was true, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are still recording the last bits of Chinese Democracy, because we know that Axl has more albums in the works after CD.  He may very well be finishing up those albums as well during this time if he has booked a recording studio for that length of time.

The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments.
angie62
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1050 on: February 20, 2007, 05:23:57 PM »

Seems we could have a lot to look forward to!!!!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1051 on: February 20, 2007, 05:28:37 PM »

Damn, theres alot of people who is twisting things in Axl`s letter...  hihi

Im so positive right now. With Bumbles interview, the upcoming Tour.. ( Hope for Europe  Grin )
and the album which seams to be out, to be used as my soundtrack for this Summer! GO SUMMER 07  beer

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1052 on: February 20, 2007, 05:42:36 PM »

Obviously at this point, when it seems like the recording has been completed, it's not just up to the band to get it released. Yet the only one held responsible time after time is Axl.

/jarmo

I hope recording is completed. I'm 'cynical' if you could call it that (I don't lose sleep over it, put it that way) because it seems to me if it were 100% completed Axl would be delighted to essentially say 'OK my homework is done, now its out of my hands' - he's waited years and years to finally have the weight off his shoulders. But then again, that's my prediction, and GN'R aren't an easy band to make predictions for.

Regarding 'the only one held responsible time after time is Axl', its sad but true. I'd say the reason for that (to beat a dead horse...) is he puts a gag order on everyone else involved with the band and the album...it's not like we can blame Robin Finck for not being more open with the fans when he's under contract not to say anything. Not only that, to 99% of the public, Chinese Democracy is seen as 'Axl's baby'...no matter how the record does, good or bad, the buck stops with Axl. It'd be a lie to say that he didn't ask for that responsibility over the years.

I'm sure glad that we're due for an update soon (I'm assuming one will come before March 6th). I don't mind waiting for the record at all, 11 years plus another few months sure isn't gonna kill me...but I've been at this job for 2 months now and every day I log on looking for the big news...its gotta happen sooner or later!  peace

Edit - how could I not say anything about that one thing that happened today:  drool
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 07:58:41 PM by SterileEyes » Logged

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
madagas
« Reply #1053 on: February 20, 2007, 07:12:27 PM »

The only one held responsible is Axl and it should be that way. He is the one who has taken 10 years to complete the album. I am going to take a wild guess and say that when Axl turns the record in, it WILL NOT take the record company 10 months to release it, let alone 10 years. So, yes, in the end, I hold Axl responsible for the entire project. Grin
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1054 on: February 20, 2007, 07:14:01 PM »

The only one held responsible is Axl and it should be that way. He is the one who has taken 10 years to complete the album. I am going to take a wild guess and say that when Axl turns the record in, it WILL NOT take the record company 10 months to release it, let alone 10 years. So, yes, in the end, I hold Axl responsible for the entire project. Grin

Nice....  Roll Eyes

I meant the tentative release date.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
muresan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1055 on: February 20, 2007, 08:39:09 PM »

Jarmo, are you honestly saying that recording must be done because we haven't heard anything for a while?

If you follow that logic, you must have thought recording has been finished many times over. And heck, maybe it has, in a sense. But an absence of news or comments from the GNR camp means little at this point. It's the standard operating procedure for the past 13 album-less years.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1056 on: February 20, 2007, 08:42:04 PM »

Jarmo, are you honestly saying that recording must be done because we haven't heard anything for a while?

If you follow that logic, you must have thought recording has been finished many times over. And heck, maybe it has, in a sense. But an absence of news or comments from the GNR camp means little at this point. It's the standard operating procedure for the past 13 album-less years.

No, I'm saying it's possible they finished it because it was reported that both Axl and Bumblefoot had done some recording last month.

/jarmo

phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1057 on: February 20, 2007, 09:06:28 PM »

No, I'm saying it's possible they finished it because it was reported that both Axl and Bumblefoot had done some recording last month.

/jarmo

what do you care, jarmo??  Don't act like you don't have the album already  yes  Wink
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1058 on: February 21, 2007, 08:06:12 AM »

this post might violate the rules if it does, please delete Grin

i dont think it is but if this new leak is promotion like some think (although i think it is a videodirector or something leaking it), it could be like how NIN is promoting their year zero, leaking 3 songs and if it is, the 3 songs will prolly be better, TWAT and IRS,

just a thought
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1059 on: February 21, 2007, 10:00:46 AM »

I really dont believe that people recording parts last month means that we should believe the record is in anyway finished.  I also dont think Axl wouldnt jump at the opportunity to put blame on somebody else.  I mean thats what he did with Merc and many other past instances.  So why wouldnt he come out and say right now, "I have had the record turned into the company for 3 weeks, its on them now etc...".  I also dont believe a record company would sit on an album or do nothing to promote the album if they have it.  I really dont think the record company will spend much promoting this album though, I think they will view it as a sunk cost, toss a little money its way, but I highly doubt they will do major advertisements. 

I hope the album is completed and in the record companies hands, i just highly doubt that it is.  The fact that they were still recording late last month makes me believe this is the same old thing.  i dont think we will see the album by summer, i am guessing GNR goes on this world tour and has to come back and touch a few more things up.

Axl's letter to the fans made no sense, how on earth was Merc at fault if Axl didnt finish the album? and does anyone actually believe Axl doesnt control everything in this band.  I am just wondering who the scapegoat will be this time, my guess is Brain.  Maybe March 6th we will recieve a letter like "Brain has decided he wants to be home with his family and has failed his responsibilities, we wish to put Frank on the album and cant legally use Brain's drums.  Because of this we are going to have to do a few short recording sessions after we fulfill our responsibilites on this tour etc..."  The persistent "this year" and "13 weeks" and leaks just make me feel more and more like a mule chasing a carrot on a stick.  I really just wish they would just stop making it sound like its coming right up, they can of course do what they want, but they shouldnt string fans along.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: