Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:21:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228065 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  my fucking karma
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: my fucking karma  (Read 20291 times)
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2007, 11:26:52 PM »

For some people, apparently so.

That is what empowers the mods. If no one cared about negative karma, they would be powerless and useless. But the threat of "trashing" our reputation and "standing" in the "GNR community" is used to keep us in line. Right.
I think Axl has an appropriate  line, something like "Fuck that" but I don't really rememer the exact quote. ( rofl)
Actually, the whole thing strikes me as a very interesting topic--social conformity to total strangers who have no actual power--for a Ph.D. dissertation in sociology or psychology.

"I didn't mind, if they groomed for me for success (yeck), or if they said that I was just a fool."

name that tune?
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2007, 10:49:46 PM »

why do i have another minues karma point?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2007, 10:51:30 PM »

Probably for requesting leaks.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EFISH
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2007, 10:51:54 PM »

Because you care about how many karma points you have.  ok

Oh and this: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=42663.msg864381#msg864381  Wink
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2007, 09:40:16 AM »

Actually, the whole thing strikes me as a very interesting topic--social conformity to total strangers who have no actual power--for a Ph.D. dissertation in sociology or psychology.

Well, what is 'actual power?' State authorised power?

People like coming to this board.
If you get too much negative karma then you get banned.
If you're banned you can't come to this board.
Therefore, people don't want too much negative karma.

Figures, doesn't it?

I'd be interested as to your definition of 'power,' or rather, 'real power,' sorry.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2007, 11:45:41 AM »

Aight -   I got some negative karma last night for jumping the gun for a link.. shame on me..

to reverse this I would have to do what?   oh wait is this #2 now because I don't feel like reading all the b.s threads?
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2007, 11:53:52 AM »

i never requested leaks..

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2007, 11:57:36 AM »

Well, in that case it's the smiley only post.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2007, 10:16:19 PM »

Well, what is 'actual power?' State authorised power?

People like coming to this board.
If you get too much negative karma then you get banned.
If you're banned you can't come to this board.
Therefore, people don't want too much negative karma.

Figures, doesn't it?

I'd be interested as to your definition of 'power,' or rather, 'real power,' sorry.

It means, quite simply, that aside? from assigning abitrary karma? points--which may or may not be legitimate and for which the "rules" are not applied systemically or consistently--the assigner (moderator) has no impact,? no present capacity to have? an impact, nor? any future potential to have an impact, on the person's income, welfare, social? standing, employability, ability to earn a living, or to be a productive and useful person in society.

In other words, it is conformity without threat of any significant or real sanction that impacts  a person's life in a tangible way.

Absent? of that, I could go look up a more scholary defintion of power, but at the moment I am too lazy and otherwise am? predisposed? to other activities.

Hope that? clarifies what? I meant.? ok
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 11:07:08 PM by Krispy Kreme » Logged
wadey
Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2007, 01:51:44 PM »

how come some people avoid neg karma
estebanf for a smiley only http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=43233.0
andypa1 for posting leaks http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=42293.0

consistency would be appreciated  Sad

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2007, 01:54:13 PM »

Consistency? It's sounds like omniscience is what you're after, son.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2007, 01:56:21 PM »

estebanf for a smiley only http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=43233.0
andypa1 for posting leaks http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=42293.0

consistency would be appreciated  Sad

You don't think you're making a bit of a number of your -1? hehe... number... you know.. 'cause...

anyhow. We don't always get everything. For example, I rarely look at the collection section so I missed that one. It's not that we target some people to get negative karma. We look surprisingly human, and that makes some of you think that it's possible for us to make mistakes.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2007, 01:57:13 PM »

consistency would be appreciated? Sad

You don't think you're making a bit of a number of your -1? hehe... number... you know.. 'cause...

anyhow. We don't always get everything. For example, I rarely look at the collection section so I missed that one. It's not that we target some people to get negative karma. We look surprisingly human, and that makes some of you think that it's possible for us to make mistakes.

well youve seen it now!.................

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2007, 02:07:50 PM »

Wait a second...

You're not 33 for real..

No grown man would bitch about something like that, right?

No. I won't smite someone when /J's left him untouched after he's clearly seen what he's posted. And no, I won't even smite the other guy either. If someone else wants to, they can.

You got -1. It's not the end of the world.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2007, 02:12:54 PM »

it seems small minded and petty, and yes im 33 but rules are rules
im not having a go at the mods and i know you cant be everywhere at once, but its a kick in the teeth for the members with neg when they see these guys left untouched
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 02:17:28 PM by wadey9 » Logged

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2007, 02:29:56 PM »

I'm gonna go with:

boo fucking hoo.
floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2007, 02:49:45 PM »

consistency would be appreciated? Sad

wadey -   I'm 34, have a brother who is 33.. if he ratted me out for everything I did growing up, he wouldn't be around today... =)   
get over it, not the end of the world....   enjoy the board.. if you're gonna rat people out, join somewhere else where they tolerate whiney lil bitches.     

bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2007, 08:07:26 PM »

Hey Jimbo,

How about going and getting your dad so we can have an adult conversation !

There  was a band in the 80's/90's and they were called GNR TOO !   

/bringbackadler

You are giving me negative karma for this ?

That's bullshit !

If you look at the comments that were made prior to me making this, you clearly would have had to have given him karma points for insults.

I'm assuming the only reason that you gave me mine is because you and I seem to disagree on the current incarnation of GUNS alot and he basically mimicks everything you say. So I guess it truly does pay off being one of your "yes men".

The other karma I received last week was also fucking ridiculous. I posted an article where Slash had a NIN t-shirt on and I was basically trying to initiate conversation about Finck as much as I was Slash. You just obviously couldn't see that. So you gave me my first karma for posting in the "wrong area".

It's obvious to me that you are just trying to get me off the boards and by giving me karma on a weekly fucking basis for nonsense, you'll likely get your wish really soon. Just because we don't agree doesn't mean what I'm saying is negative !
Your always bitchin that I need to go hang out in dead horse and when I do you still come here and give me karma !  Fucking ridiculous !

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2007, 08:10:26 PM »

You're a fucking troll for posting shit where it doesn't belong.

/jarmo

bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2007, 09:52:45 PM »

Why did I receive todays karma when the remarks that were made to me were more disrespectful than mine ?!?

I would like to petition having that last point removed because I was in the reunion section and you and Jimbob were there saying negative things concerning a reunion. You have been on my ass before for talking about the original members in the "new era" section. We reunion guys deserve that same respect. If you read that thread again you would see the remarks that were being made to me were much harsher than anything I said !

For the above stated reasons I would like my 2nd karma point removed.

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: