Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:00:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227811 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash FINALLY speaks about a reunion!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash FINALLY speaks about a reunion!!!!!!!  (Read 31362 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2007, 04:56:41 PM »

then why post somethign totally opposite to what is documented as to what actually happened Undecided

because Axl Rose hurt his feelings and he blames Axl for the fact that his favorite member(s) of the band aren't in the band anymore, so he just writes whatever garbage he can come up with to discredit Axl and anyone else presently in the band.   

Mean ol Axl!  BBA sure is teaching him a good lesson.

Of course.

Everybody currently in the band are "occupying" these peoples' favorite members' positions.

They want CD out so that it'll fail and there can be a reunion of the "real band".

I don't have anything against bands reuniting. It's up to the artists. But some people's obsession with reuniting the AFD line-up is sad.

When is that, btw  ??   

Probably before the reunion.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2007, 05:06:49 PM »

I just hope this serves to put those begging for a reunion to rest.

Move on, ya know?

Love Slash but love him for what he is doing now.

Love GNR for who they are now.

perfect. Wonderful. Exactly what I want, exactly my thoughts.   ok

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2007, 05:07:32 PM »

There  was a band in the 80's/90's and they were called GNR TOO !    Kiss

/bringbackadler

really?  Shocked  who knew!!   

are you still in love with the same girl you were 10 years ago, and if not, have you gotten over it yet?  peace

Whats it like living in 1987?   You're not even supposed to have the internet yet!

You should check out some comments Axl made at a show in Albany in 2002.   I believe it was before they played "Patience".    Then read what Tommy said back during the fall US tour..  he was talking to you.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2007, 05:15:29 PM »

I don't have anything against bands reuniting. It's up to the artists. But some people's obsession with reuniting the AFD line-up is sad.

I agree.  If these 'fans' truly respected the original members, they would support whatever it is they are doing and respect their wishes.   If that lineup wanted to get back together, it would have probably already happened.   Clearly, its not what the majority of those guys are interested in doing now.

Guns right now does not need any more member changes, we've had enough of that I think.    The band as it is now is perfect, I saw the last show.   Axl is obviously happy with it, and the VR guys are obviously happy doing their thing.   

Axl Rose is the greatest frontman of all time and I love the members of the band now, and its a huge slap in the face to not only this band (which includes Axl, the same guy who was in their beloved original GNR lineup), but to its fans when these people whine on and on about an original GNR reunion.   

If you people want to support the ex-members of GNR, go check out Velvet Revolver, go buy Izzy's solo albums, go check out Adler's Appetite or whatever Gilby is doing.   That is what we have and the way it is.
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2007, 07:13:59 PM »

Hey Jimbo,

How about going and getting your dad so we can have an adult conversation !

There? was a band in the 80's/90's and they were called GNR TOO !? ?

/bringbackadler

You are giving me negative karma for this ?

That's bullshit !

If you look at the comments that were made prior to me making this, you clearly would have had to have given him karma points for insults.

I'm assuming the only reason that you gave me mine is because you and I seem to disagree on the current incarnation of GUNS alot and he basically mimicks everything you say. So I guess it truly does pay off being one of your "yes men".

The other karma I received last week was also fucking ridiculous. I posted an article where Slash had a NIN t-shirt on and I was basically trying to initiate conversation about Finck as much as I was Slash. You just obviously couldn't see that. So you gave me my first karma for posting in the "wrong area".

It's obvious to me that you are just trying to get me off the boards and by giving me karma on a weekly fucking basis for nonsense, you'll likely get your wish really soon. Just because we don't agree doesn't mean what I'm saying is negative !
Your always bitchin that I need to go hang out in dead horse and when I do you still come here and give me karma !  Fucking ridiculous !

/bringbackadler
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 07:18:15 PM by bringbackadler » Logged

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2007, 07:22:32 PM »

this has been posted before in the guitar world interview

yeah we know, but that interview/thread was about slash and AFD, this is about possible reunion ok

maybe Slash farted, lets make a thread about that  Roll Eyes

hihi
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2007, 07:42:17 PM »

#1 - Axl has a new band that he calls GNR and this band plays GNR songs. In my book, GNR hasn't performed since 1993 (the Izzy gigs).
Your loss. You're so hung up on the name issue that you're missing out. But whatever.

I don't see that as a loss or anything similar. I see that as a fact. GNR is not together anymore, Axl has a new band and that is that! I feel sorry for Axl using the name of GNR. He doesn't need to to that to himself and to everybody else. He can make great music as Axl Rose or whatever he wants to call his new band! No matter what the name is, the sound will be the same! Calling it GNR is just lame because even the rocks at the bottom of the Ocean know that Axl's band is not GNR.

This band is far better than people like you want to admit.

I am amazed how you can say something like that. I have been a maniac GNR fan for 18 years now and I have never ever been ashamed of that. Most of the people I talk to say that Axl is a pathetic singer and a lame rock star. I say them that Axl may have issues but he is the greatest singer and frontman ever. Do you think I have a problem admiting I love GNR? Hell no! But Axl's new band just doesn't work for me! I like great rock n' roll and these guys can't do it good enough for my liking! I am sorry! They are not good enough! Actually sometimes they are pretty sad.

Some of you are blaming Axl for everything that happened with the band, when in fact for the last ten years we've pretty much only heard Slash's side of the story.

Believe me, I have heard and read as much as I could on all the sides of the story (including Axl's). It is not about blaming Axl or not. I wasn't there so I probably will never be able to know what really happened. What I know is this: Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven like to play rock n' roll and they can write and perform great rock n' roll anytime they want and they have been doing that in the last 15 years. But what about Axl? He seems to be worried about making "modern music" and being trendy. Well, sorry, but this modern music that he is making is not good enough! Actually, the only good thing about Axl's new band in my opinion is that this band has Axl on it!

By great music I assume you mean AFD style of music?

By great music I mean GNR style of music. I mean AFD style. I mean GNR Lies style. I mean UYI style. I mean Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven style.

None of those guys were interested in being in GN'R. So why should they want to go back now?

Because things change. Because they may want to be together again and do great rock n' roll music again!

Izzy was way to strung out and he sobered up....then he saw all his friends killing himself...he didnt want part of that lifestyle anymore... and everyone was bitter about it...there is cases of duff and slash talking shit jsut as much as axl. as to slash...there was really a difference of opinoon in the direction of GnR....slash was the one demanding they do its five o'clock somewhere... and duff was the first to walk out in fact...axl gave up talking to him about it so slash recorded it solo. Duff quit in 97 or something ...didnt like the direction the band was going in...but interviews with duff make it seem like it was a split on good terms... anyway tis well documented on this site...take a look around and come back...adler was fired cuz he was too fuckign whacked to even record one song...

I suggest you to read "Over the Top", by Mark Putterford. Have you read that book? It looks like you didn't.

Axl's always seem to have been the one with the vision. It wasn't Slash's idea to make music videos, that 15 years alter, still are some of the biggest videos ever made.

So it is the videos that make GNR great? I though it was about the music!

Real guys? Seriously, what the fuck's wrong with you? There's nothing unreal about Robin, Richard or Ron. They're very real. They live on the same planet as you and I.

Yeah, they are real guys, like you and me and everybody else.
Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven are not normal people, they are real great rock n' fuckin rollers!

GN'R was one of the best bands in the world back in the late 80s/early 90s. That doesn't men GN'R can't be one of the best bands in the world in the 2000s.

I agree with you. If GNR (Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven) returns, they can do the best rock album of the last 10 years in one month. But about Axl's band, I am sorry, they don't seem to be good enough.

i think jarmos point is that "welcome to 2007"... people grow apart... it's sad but it happens

Yeah, I agree with you. But the same way people grow apart, they can get together again. And that is what GNR fans are hoping for!

I don't have anything against bands reuniting. It's up to the artists.

Great. I agree 100%!

But some people's obsession with reuniting the AFD line-up is sad.

Yes it is. I am VERY SAD right now because GNR does not exist at the moment.
If GNR ever gets together one day, I'll be VERY HAPPY!

You should check out some comments Axl made at a show in Albany in 2002.

I stopped quoting Axl a lomg time ago because he is not reliable. He says one thing and he does another. Like pretty much everybody else. He wanted to bury Appetite like 17 years ago. Did you see his new band playing live? His band show is entirely based on Appetite for Destruction (just like Adler's band).

Then read what Tommy said back during the fall US tour...

No, thanks. I couldn't care the less about what Tommy says or not. I read once that Tommy said that he is in GNR longer than Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven. After reading that I just lost my respect for this guy.

Luciano

PS: Even having extremely different opinions in this particular subject, I really enjoy talking to you guys Jarmo and Neemo because you obviously love GNR (whatever GNR means) and you are nice and intelligent and you show me some sides of the story that sometimes I can't see. I wish everybody on this board could be like you! Thanks for the nice talk!

bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2007, 08:01:36 PM »

#1 - Axl has a new band that he calls GNR and this band plays GNR songs. In my book, GNR hasn't performed since 1993 (the Izzy gigs).
Your loss. You're so hung up on the name issue that you're missing out. But whatever.

I don't see that as a loss or anything similar. I see that as a fact. GNR is not together anymore, Axl has a new band and that is that! I feel sorry for Axl using the name of GNR. He doesn't need to to that to himself and to everybody else. He can make great music as Axl Rose or whatever he wants to call his new band! No matter what the name is, the sound will be the same! Calling it GNR is just lame because even the rocks at the bottom of the Ocean know that Axl's band is not GNR.

This band is far better than people like you want to admit.

I am amazed how you can say something like that. I have been a maniac GNR fan for 18 years now and I have never ever been ashamed of that. Most of the people I talk to say that Axl is a pathetic singer and a lame rock star. I say them that Axl may have issues but he is the greatest singer and frontman ever. Do you think I have a problem admiting I love GNR? Hell no! But Axl's new band just doesn't work for me! I like great rock n' roll and these guys can't do it good enough for my liking! I am sorry! They are not good enough! Actually sometimes they are pretty sad.

Some of you are blaming Axl for everything that happened with the band, when in fact for the last ten years we've pretty much only heard Slash's side of the story.

Believe me, I have heard and read as much as I could on all the sides of the story (including Axl's). It is not about blaming Axl or not. I wasn't there so I probably will never be able to know what really happened. What I know is this: Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven like to play rock n' roll and they can write and perform great rock n' roll anytime they want and they have been doing that in the last 15 years. But what about Axl? He seems to be worried about making "modern music" and being trendy. Well, sorry, but this modern music that he is making is not good enough! Actually, the only good thing about Axl's new band in my opinion is that this band has Axl on it!

By great music I assume you mean AFD style of music?

By great music I mean GNR style of music. I mean AFD style. I mean GNR Lies style. I mean UYI style. I mean Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven style.

None of those guys were interested in being in GN'R. So why should they want to go back now?

Because things change. Because they may want to be together again and do great rock n' roll music again!

Izzy was way to strung out and he sobered up....then he saw all his friends killing himself...he didnt want part of that lifestyle anymore... and everyone was bitter about it...there is cases of duff and slash talking shit jsut as much as axl. as to slash...there was really a difference of opinoon in the direction of GnR....slash was the one demanding they do its five o'clock somewhere... and duff was the first to walk out in fact...axl gave up talking to him about it so slash recorded it solo. Duff quit in 97 or something ...didnt like the direction the band was going in...but interviews with duff make it seem like it was a split on good terms... anyway tis well documented on this site...take a look around and come back...adler was fired cuz he was too fuckign whacked to even record one song...

I suggest you to read "Over the Top", by Mark Putterford. Have you read that book? It looks like you didn't.

Axl's always seem to have been the one with the vision. It wasn't Slash's idea to make music videos, that 15 years alter, still are some of the biggest videos ever made.

So it is the videos that make GNR great? I though it was about the music!

Real guys? Seriously, what the fuck's wrong with you? There's nothing unreal about Robin, Richard or Ron. They're very real. They live on the same planet as you and I.

Yeah, they are real guys, like you and me and everybody else.
Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven are not normal people, they are real great rock n' fuckin rollers!

GN'R was one of the best bands in the world back in the late 80s/early 90s. That doesn't men GN'R can't be one of the best bands in the world in the 2000s.

I agree with you. If GNR (Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven) returns, they can do the best rock album of the last 10 years in one month. But about Axl's band, I am sorry, they don't seem to be good enough.

i think jarmos point is that "welcome to 2007"... people grow apart... it's sad but it happens

Yeah, I agree with you. But the same way people grow apart, they can get together again. And that is what GNR fans are hoping for!

I don't have anything against bands reuniting. It's up to the artists.

Great. I agree 100%!

But some people's obsession with reuniting the AFD line-up is sad.

You should check out some comments Axl made at a show in Albany in 2002.

I stopped quoting Axl a lomg time ago because he is not reliable. He says one thing and he does another. Like pretty much everybody else. He wanted to bury Appetite like 17 years ago. Did you see his new band playing live? His band show is entirely based on Appetite for Destruction (just like Adler's band).

Then read what Tommy said back during the fall US tour...

No, thanks. I couldn't care the less about what Tommy says or not. I read once that Tommy said that he is in GNR longer than Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven. After reading that I just lost my respect for this guy.

Luciano

PS: Even having extremely different opinions in this particular subject, I really enjoy talking to you guys Jarmo and Neemo because you obviously love GNR (whatever GNR means) and you are nice and intelligent and you show me some sides of the story that sometimes I can't see. I wish everybody on this board could be like you! Thanks for the nice talk!

Nice post Luciano.

It's nice to see someone else around here who isn't afraid to speak the truth.

Be careful though bro, the "karma police" might come and get ya !       Shocked

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2007, 08:26:21 PM »

That sure is a twisted version of 'the facts'.   Nothing you can say changes the fact that the band is Guns N' Roses.  Let go already.

if you think they are sad, then what are you doing here?   why waste your time on a site about a band that isn't good enough for your liking and that makes you sad.   thats your opinion and its perfectly valid, but it makes you look a little fruity by constantly coming here to tell us this.

or not.   the reality of the situation would indicate otherwise.   this is just pointless speculation and its unfounded.   in fact it goes against the actions and words of the majority of the AFD members.   Outside of Steven Adler's wishful thinking, there is absolutely no basis to your statement whatsoever.

well this is your lucky day, buddy!   GNR is together, its just not the original lineup.   If the existance of a certian lineup of a band determines your happiness or sadness, might I suggest therapy or some other means of professional help to help get something back in your life that has meaning.

I doubt you respected him in the first place.    rant    which brings me right back to this question, "Why are you still here?"   

Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven are not in Guns N' Roses now, but Tommy is.   Coming here and trashing Tommy is coming here and trashing the members of the band this board is here for.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 08:28:10 PM by Jim Bob » Logged
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2007, 08:30:57 PM »

That sure is a twisted version of 'the facts'.? ?Nothing you can say changes the fact that the band is Guns N' Roses.? Let go already.

if you think they are sad, then what are you doing here?? ?why waste your time on a site about a band that isn't good enough for your liking and that makes you sad.? ?thats your opinion and its perfectly valid, but it makes you look a little fruity by constantly coming here to tell us this.

or not.? ?the reality of the situation would indicate otherwise.? ?this is just pointless speculation and its unfounded.? ?in fact it goes against the actions and words of the majority of the AFD members.? ?Outside of Steven Adler's wishful thinking, there is absolutely no basis to your statement whatsoever.

well this is your lucky day, buddy!? ?GNR is together, its just not the original lineup.? ?If the existance of a certian lineup of a band determines your happiness or sadness, might I suggest therapy or some other means of professional help to help get something back in your life that has meaning.

I doubt you respected him in the first place.? ? rant? ? which brings me right back to this question, "Why are you still here?"

The question is :

What in the hell are you doing in a Slash reunion thread if YOU have no interest in it ?!?

I think you would fit in better w/ those "new era guys" !    Tongue

/bringbackadler

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2007, 09:09:58 PM »

How does your opinion get labeled the truth?

You people think that with a reunion everything would be just great and the band would be the biggest band in the world.

Times change.

Have you noticed how many of the reunited bands make albums but they don't sell millions?

For all of you who still don't get it, the band is GN'R. You can cry about it until your eyes are red but it won't change the fact that the band is GN'R' Only, people left and Axl kept going instead of doing what you all would've wanted him to. Which is, kill the band.

Where you all hoping for a reunion in November 1991 when Izzy left?

How upset were you in 1990 when Steven was officially out of the band?

Should they have changed the name of the band since one member who helped create AFD was gone? It wasn't the same band anymore so how could they keep the name?

Was it ok to call the band GN'R with only three original members? Where do you draw the line?

I see many people saying Steven is the only drummer for GN'R. Well, he's been gone since 1990 so I guess you've been upset for almost 17 years by now. Hoping and waiting for Steven's return.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2007, 09:40:11 PM »

You people think that with a reunion everything would be just great and the band would be the biggest band in the world.

Times change.

Have you noticed how many of the reunited bands make albums but they don't sell millions?

For all of you who still don't get it, the band is GN'R. You can cry about it until your eyes are red but it won't change the fact that the band is GN'R' Only, people left and Axl kept going instead of doing what you all would've wanted him to. Which is, kill the band.

Should they have changed the name of the band since one member who helped create AFD was gone? It wasn't the same band anymore so how could they keep the name?

Was it ok to call the band GN'R with only three original members? Where do you draw the line?

I see many people saying Steven is the only drummer for GN'R. Well, he's been gone since 1990 so I guess you've been upset for almost 17 years by now. Hoping and waiting for Steven's return.

/jarmo

Do you really need an answer for that first bolded question ?

Second bolded question, hell yeah Steve is the only drummer for GNR, and hell yeah I want him to return !? ? ok

btw, I posted about my ridiculous karma point I received today in the "feedback section".  Totally uncalled for and singling me out because I'm a reunion fan !

/bringbackadler
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 09:42:25 PM by bringbackadler » Logged

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2007, 10:14:40 PM »

btw, I posted about my ridiculous karma point I received today in the "feedback section".  Totally uncalled for and singling me out because I'm a reunion fan !

/bringbackadler

its because you are coming to a site about Guns N' Roses (today's band) and disrespecting them in just about every post you make.    I wouldn't go to a board dedicated solely to the original GNR and troll it telling everybody how much better the current lineup is.  (although I dont see how much there is to talk about on a board like that but if thats your thing..)  its the same thing.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 10:16:17 PM by Jim Bob » Logged
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2007, 12:30:56 AM »

jarmo, why not make another pool asking for our favourite guitarrist, drummer and bass players?
one now and other after chinese democracy is released/next tour =)

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2007, 04:12:24 AM »

Nothing you can say changes the fact that the band is Guns N' Roses. Let go already.
It is for you. It is not for me.

if you think they are sad, then what are you doing here?
I just told you that. I am here because this site has info about all GNR related, and one of these things is Axl's band.

why waste your time on a site about a band that isn't good enough for your liking and that makes you sad.
Because Axl is the singer of that band and so I wanna listen to it. If Axl sings with Britney Spears ( rofl) I'll want to listen. If he sings with Coldplay ( drool? crying? drool) I'll listen too.

...it makes you look a little fruity...
I won't even answer to this kind of thing.

or not. the reality of the situation would indicate otherwise. this is just pointless speculation and its unfounded. in fact it goes against the actions and words of the majority of the AFD members. Outside of Steven Adler's wishful thinking, there is absolutely no basis to your statement whatsoever.
I never said that a reunion would happen. I said it can happen. I want it to happen. Lots of other people want that too. And that is all there is to it.

well this is your lucky day, buddy! GNR is together, its just not the original lineup. If the existance of a certian lineup of a band determines your happiness or sadness, might I suggest therapy or some other means of professional help to help get something back in your life that has meaning.

#1 - I am not your buddy.
#2 - Have you ever considered that the fact that I am VERY SAD about GNR not being together does not affect any other part of my life? I can live a great life even being sad about this particular specific stuff.

I doubt you respected him in the first place. rant which brings me right back to this question, "Why are you still here?"

I didn't know anything about Tommy before he joined Axl's band. First thing I knew is that he was a member of the Replacements, a band that is suposed to be cool. I thought that was nice. But after reading that thing he said...? drool

Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven are not in Guns N' Roses now, but Tommy is. Coming here and trashing Tommy is coming here and trashing the members of the band this board is here for.
I didn't know you needed to have unconditional love for Axl's band to post in this board. Last time I checked you could have your own opinion. Jarmo has always allowed different opinions in this board. Thank God this is Jarmo's board and not yours!? ?hihi

I agree with jarmo here. It is not about speaking the truth, but about giving opinions and reading other people's opinions!

I do think that. OH YEAH!

Times change. Have you noticed how many of the reunited bands make albums but they don't sell millions?
Jarmo, first you spoke about "Axl vision" for the videos and now you talk about "selling millions". I think videos are cool and selling millions is usually great, but isn't it about the music? Peter Gabriel makes cool videos and Britney Spears sell millions records. Actually I couldn't care less about videos and selling millions! I want to listen to great rock n' roll music and I am sure Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven can give us that if they ever get together again.

For all of you who still don't get it, the band is GN'R.
It is GNR for Axl, you and some people. It is not GNR to me and some people.

You can cry about it until your eyes are red but it won't change the fact that the band is GN'R'.
I don't think so. And I am really not crying.

Only, people left and Axl kept going instead of doing what you all would've wanted him to. Which is, kill the band.
I would never want Axl to do that. I want Axl and the other guys to get together.

I felt GNR was over when Izzy left and the band lost one of its most important qualities, the guitar interplaying of Izzy and Slash and, of course, the band lost one of its main songwriters. All I was hoping in 1991 was for Izzy to come back. When he came back in 1993 for a few gigs I thought he would eventually rejoin the band. Then I kept hoping for his return and I am still hoping!

I was very upset. VERY. Another thing that made me upset was when Dizzy came in. I don't like him at all and most of GNR songs don't need a keyboard. Axl on piano is OK, but Dizzy is very annoying, except when performing Estranged onstage, when a keyboard player is needed.

Should they have changed the name of the band since one member who helped create AFD was gone?
No.

It wasn't the same band anymore so how could they keep the name?
Because Steven druming was not a essencial part of the GNR sound. Don't get me wrong, I think he is the best drummer ever, but another drummer could replace him and the band still would be GNR.

Was it ok to call the band GN'R with only three original members?
No. After Izzy left it wasn't Guns n' Roses no more. But since more than half of the band (3/5) were still onboard, the name thing was not an issue.

Where do you draw the line?
I draw the line on Axl, Izzy, Slash and Duff. If you have these guys you have GNR.

Yes. That's all I can do. Be upset and hope and wait.

Luciano

« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 04:16:49 AM by luciano » Logged
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2007, 07:33:42 AM »

Well guess what!

#1) I am not your pal!? ?Smiley

Your  the man!

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2007, 07:38:21 AM »

Hey Jimbo,

How about going and getting your dad so we can have an adult conversation !

There? was a band in the 80's/90's and they were called GNR TOO !? ?

/bringbackadler

You are giving me negative karma for this ?

That's bullshit !

If you look at the comments that were made prior to me making this, you clearly would have had to have given him karma points for insults.

I'm assuming the only reason that you gave me mine is because you and I seem to disagree on the current incarnation of GUNS alot and he basically mimicks everything you say. So I guess it truly does pay off being one of your "yes men".

The other karma I received last week was also fucking ridiculous. I posted an article where Slash had a NIN t-shirt on and I was basically trying to initiate conversation about Finck as much as I was Slash. You just obviously couldn't see that. So you gave me my first karma for posting in the "wrong area".

It's obvious to me that you are just trying to get me off the boards and by giving me karma on a weekly fucking basis for nonsense, you'll likely get your wish really soon. Just because we don't agree doesn't mean what I'm saying is negative !
Your always bitchin that I need to go hang out in dead horse and when I do you still come here and give me karma !? Fucking ridiculous !

/bringbackadler

Jim Bob is the new Davegnr2k... He can get away with whatever he wants because he likes to slurp Axl's knob so much... Maybe he will see the light someday too...

TheMole
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2007, 07:44:40 AM »

its because you are coming to a site about Guns N' Roses (today's band) and disrespecting them in just about every post you make.    I wouldn't go to a board dedicated solely to the original GNR and troll it telling everybody how much better the current lineup is.  (although I dont see how much there is to talk about on a board like that but if thats your thing..)  its the same thing.

Did you give him the -1 karma then, since you seem to know the reason?
Furthermore, is this really a board just for talking about new GNR? Damn, Jarmo must've really fucked up things when he made the "Dead Horse", "Velvet Revolver" and "Ex-Gunners" sections, not to mention the sports/games, chit-chat, general music and downloading sections. Hey! Isn't this "Dead Horse" we're all posting in right now???
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2007, 07:50:38 AM »

jarmo, why not make another pool asking for our favourite guitarrist, drummer and bass players?
one now and other after chinese democracy is released/next tour =)

It still wouldn't be accurate because the minority of the people that prefer Axl's current line-up hang out here.. If you put up a poll on some well known rock site you would get the real picture of what the world thinks about Axl's band.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2007, 09:14:13 AM »

actually no i didint what is it about? I go by the articles and interviews i've read on this site...other than that i havent read much gnr literature (except back in the day when ther were in hit parader and such)

I'd like that as much as anybody but the past 12 years has been about axl's thing and axl putting together this band....honestly i'd like to see where they can go before its abandoned and a reunion happens, i mean i've waited this long i might as well see what the big deal is...i've made my peace with the band splitting and with Axl carrying on GnR by himself with new guys...in the mean time i've listened to Gilby, snakepit, izzy, duff, supernova and Velvet revolver...IMO if you are a gnr fan these days you got alot of options to choose from beer

no prob Cheesy likewise Wink

Second bolded question, hell yeah Steve is the only drummer for GNR, and hell yeah I want him to return !    ok

dude...seriosuly Adler is fucked up...i dont think he's capable at playing at the level he would need to be at to be with the likes of the other guys on stage....sorry

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: