Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:11:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  every time there is a leak...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: every time there is a leak...  (Read 6199 times)
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: February 21, 2007, 12:08:20 PM »

... a shitload of new users sign up with the sole intention of getting a hold of these illegal leaks!
i understand that when CD comes out we will be flooded with new fans, and that's a good thing i guess, but when the illegal leaks are leaked onto the internet, why do you allow users to sign up just to ask for songs? i'm sure the gnr camp don't appreciate these leaks, so if a user's first post is to ask for a leak, why not just ban them? i've seen several of them ask about the leak, and then when their post is removed they ask again, they don't wanna contribute to the online gnr community so why keep them around? Huh
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 12:12:16 PM »

because we are building a gnr army here and eventually when the time is right we will mount up, take over the world and force everyone to pay homage to Axl Rose or die..
floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 12:16:24 PM »

I'm not going to take any shots to anyone here but we all had to join at one time or another and we all had a reason as to why we joined. ?
I've been a viewer for about one year and finally started posted just a couple of months back when I wanted to start sharing my two cents..

I know the rules, I slipped last night myself looking for the l--k... I got some neg karma!!! ? shame on me.. but cheers ?beer

this is a good question but hey.. i've picked up a lot of things on here I would have never been able to get my hands on otherwise... ? ? ?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 12:44:35 PM »

What's the problem with fans wanting to hear new music?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 12:49:28 PM »

Nothing,   Like I said, I've got no problem with it...  peace
we all joined here at one time or another for one reason or another
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 01:00:38 PM »

Nothing,? ?Like I said, I've got no problem with it...? peace
we all joined here at one time or another for one reason or another

Yeah, some of these elitists need to take a good look at themselves.

BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 01:53:50 PM »

lmfao @ "elitist" rofl
it's about spreading illegal leaks just for the sole purpose of that and not having an interest in contribution to the community, it's not about wanting to hear new music, einstein peace
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 02:04:28 PM »

The problem is the fan boards aren't the place for people to be acquiring illegal songs the band doesn't want heard yet. It hasn't been officially released yet so obviously there is a problem with people trying to get them through the boards.
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 02:07:01 PM »

The problem is the fan boards aren't the place for people to be acquiring illegal songs the band doesn't want heard yet. It hasn't been officially released yet so obviously there is a problem with people trying to get them through the boards.

excatly. thank you.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 02:30:21 PM »

everyone has the right to register here....

and i doubt there are people, who just register to get a leak. i mean, come on. people looking for leaks of new gnr songs are obviously fans of the band.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 02:37:02 PM »

everyone has the right to register here....

and i doubt there are people, who just register to get a leak. i mean, come on. people looking for leaks of new gnr songs are obviously fans of the band.

doubt all you want, but i see it as a fact when i see them register the same day the song leaks and then disappear, never to be seen again, or until the next leak. fans, sure, but they are only after the leaks and not interacting with other fans.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007, 03:49:09 PM »

lmfao @ "elitist" rofl
it's about spreading illegal leaks just for the sole purpose of that and not having an interest in contribution to the community, it's not about wanting to hear new music, einstein peace

Bullshit. What do you think they're doing, aquiring leaks just so that they can spread them? No, they want to listen to them, end of story. What happens after that is something else, but we're probably all guilty of that.

Of course it is the place, where else? You can go in the download section and get all kinds of stuff, that's what the community is for: Interaction and sharing. Posting links of illegal material is another story, but I think we can all agree that the reason that isn't allowed has more to do with legalities than ethics.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 06:05:47 PM »

lmfao @ "elitist" rofl

Bullshit. What do you think they're doing, aquiring leaks just so that they can spread them? No, they want to listen to them, end of story. What happens after that is something else, but we're probably all guilty of that.

Of course it is the place, where else? You can go in the download section and get all kinds of stuff, that's what the community is for: Interaction and sharing. Posting links of illegal material is another story, but I think we can all agree that the reason that isn't allowed has more to do with legalities than ethics.

True.  It's kind of ironic, though, that major US magazines can post direct links to the leaks on their websites while such actions remain off limits on fansites such as this one.  I'm in NO WAY criticizing the legal and ethical reasoning behind not spreading the leaks, posting links, etc...just making an observation. 

I think that if there was a place where people want to hear new music because they love Guns n Roses and want to be excited by new music and support the band, it would be here.  Instead, the track is now largely being bashed on the forums of sites that posted the links by casual fans who care little about GnR and are only looking to take cheap shots.   Kind of sad, I suppose.  Especially considering how strong the new material is...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 06:10:43 PM »

Ahhh relax, who cares if they don't post?  What if they end up being major douchebags who bring down the quality of the forum?  Plus, if people really want a leak, they will find a way to get it.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 08:19:56 AM »

Actually most fan site owners don't post the links because we respect the bands wishes. There are a few people who only do it because they would get sued otherwise but those are also the kind of people who are making money off scalpers every time GNR plays a show. I'm sure Jarmo will agree with me there.  ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 09:13:33 AM »

Posting links of illegal material is another story, but I think we can all agree that the reason that isn't allowed has more to do with legalities than ethics.

Wrong.

I do what I think is right based on my beliefs and previous experiences.

I happen to believe in the artist's right to decide when the public should hear their work.

I also happen to believe in respect.

I don't think I need to score "cool points" by going against what the band says.

I don't care what people think of this place. Some think I'm way too strict and call me all kinds of names. I don't care. They don't know me and I don't know them. They're just a bunch of faceless people behind their keyboards.

People have all kinds of wrong ideas of why I do what I do. It's all because of one thing. I love this band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 10:40:50 AM »

Posting links of illegal material is another story, but I think we can all agree that the reason that isn't allowed has more to do with legalities than ethics.

Wrong.

I do what I think is right based on my beliefs and previous experiences.

I happen to believe in the artist's right to decide when the public should hear their work.

I also happen to believe in respect.

I don't think I need to score "cool points" by going against what the band says.

I don't care what people think of this place. Some think I'm way too strict and call me all kinds of names. I don't care. They don't know me and I don't know them. They're just a bunch of faceless people behind their keyboards.

People have all kinds of wrong ideas of why I do what I do. It's all because of one thing. I love this band.

/jarmo

I was thinking in terms of you allowing us to discuss the song. It's understandable not accepting links, but would I be wrong to assume that you don't have a problem with the fans sharing it in other channels?

That's what I mean with the ethics comment.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2007, 11:18:25 AM »

i blame efish, hes sending his minions to attack the band  hihi, just joking buddy.

Seriously though, how is jarmo supposed to stop people from doing it, theres no way he can tell if they are signing up just for leaks.

html sucks
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2007, 12:54:28 PM »

I was thinking in terms of you allowing us to discuss the song. It's understandable not accepting links, but would I be wrong to assume that you don't have a problem with the fans sharing it in other channels?

That's what I mean with the ethics comment.

I think it's unfortunate when things leak ahead of time, but obviously I have no way of controlling what goes on other sites on the Internet.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2007, 12:56:59 PM »

Actually most fan site owners don't post the links because we respect the bands wishes. There are a few people who only do it because they would get sued otherwise but those are also the kind of people who are making money off scalpers every time GNR plays a show. I'm sure Jarmo will agree with me there.? ok

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you with your head so far up Jarmo's ass.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: