Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:58:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  New Steven Adler Interiview [Mentions Meeting Axl Again]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Steven Adler Interiview [Mentions Meeting Axl Again]  (Read 60207 times)
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2007, 10:33:18 PM »

It's real...

It was posted as a bulletin from his official MySpace account.

Now, this is some very interesting news now indeed. ? yes

I'm surprised this hasn't surfaced sooner. Very good. ? ok

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2007, 10:33:48 PM »

I could see alot of what he said to be true to be honest. In the right setting I can see current band members saying (instevens presence mind you) "Yo Axl , yeah one day y'all need to get up there and play a few shows and rock the fuck out!!" Then once Stevie leaves they all just giggle or whatnot.  hihi

Or maybe some of them wouldnt mind seeing a reunion someday when this democracy album has run it's course or if it was just a temp thing for a few months?

As for Steven , obviously he wants it to happen , maybe Izzy wouldnt mind either. Izzy has been in contact with every original member in the last couple years .. on very good terms to might I add.

A reunion certainly wont be happening ANY time soon , get that straight , this new bands music must be heard , velvet revolvers new music must be heard .. but 4-5 years down the road , who knows? I think the biggest factors to resolve is the relationship or lack thereof between Axl vs slash/duff.

HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2007, 10:34:53 PM »

I feel sorry for Adler, but he's pathetic. He was a great drummer back in the day; key word is WAS. He keeps grasping for what's not there and it will never be there. If there ever is a reunion (and I hope there won't be one) it almost definitely won't involve ol' Popcorn.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2007, 10:36:49 PM »

I'd love to see a reunion.  It's number 1 on Adler's priority list but dead last on Axl's, but you never know what will happen.
Ron Jones
Headliner

Mr. Blue Sky

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2007, 10:36:59 PM »

I don't know about you guys but this makes me feel a little sick. I really want this band to be considered "Guns N' Roses". If that is true about the other members telling Axl to get the band back together that is absolutely horrible and extremely disapointing. We've waited THIS LONG and stuck behind this band and treated them like Guns N' Roses and if the payoff is throwing it all away for a reunion that is BULLSHIT. I feel sick.

Add me:

http://www.myspace.com/ronjones7

Fleet Center Boston, MA 12/2/02
Hammerstein Ballroom New York, NY 5/15/06
DCU Center Worcester, MA 11/8/06
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2007, 10:38:40 PM »

If there ever is a reunion (and I hope there won't be one) it almost definitely won't involve ol' Popcorn.

I beg to differ. If a reunion ever happens and adler is still alive and able to play drums I'm thinking Izzy will want him there 110% ... and if he and axl have actually buried the axe I'd wager a guess that axl would welcome popcorn before sorum. And atleast then it can be billed as a full fledged 100% reunion of the original band.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2007, 10:39:19 PM »

the one thing steven is right about is that it would be the biggest reunion of the year....of the past decade probably....
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2007, 10:40:21 PM »

If there ever is a reunion (and I hope there won't be one) it almost definitely won't involve ol' Popcorn.

I beg to differ. If a reunion ever happens and adler is still alive and able to play drums I'm thinking Izzy will want him there 110% ... and if he and axl have actually buried the axe I'd wager a guess that axl would welcome popcorn before sorum. And atleast then it can be billed as a full fledged 100% reunion of the original band.

i agree, if a reunion was ever to happen surely it would have to be with the original line up.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2007, 10:40:42 PM »

I don't know about you guys but this makes me feel a little sick. I really want this band to be considered "Guns N' Roses". If that is true about the other members telling Axl to get the band back together that is absolutely horrible and extremely disapointing. We've waited THIS LONG and stuck behind this band and treated them like Guns N' Roses and if the payoff is throwing it all away for a reunion that is BULLSHIT. I feel sick.

Dude dont sweat it.. IF they did say it, adler took it outta context... Like saul said, if it was said probaly like after CD has run its course, years down the line!
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2007, 10:41:25 PM »

wow...the new guys say the orginal needs to get back toghter??

Put down the needle steve ?Roll Eyes

rofl rofl Thats funny, but prob true (the needle part) which aint funny at all, if this is real then steve is living in a different galaxy never mind on another planet.

No I think its sad.. I saw him on the surreal life the other day... I was thinkin wow drugs fucked that boy up.. But he seemed like he was finally clean... Mabye I was just foolin mysself!

I meant your post was funny not the situation. But as another poster said his idea of reality must be different then everyone elses, if they really spoke for the 10+ hours that Steve says then Axl must have been very drunk. Tellin Axl to reunite the AFD line up must have really pissed him off along with all the current members. I wish Steve the best and all, but the past is the past, a reunion is not going to happen, certainly not with him. ?

"to live with fortune and fame"
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2007, 10:41:31 PM »

if this is true, we'll see the end of the "new" guns very soon indeed, no album and a full reunion as soon as the peacebroker can work his magic. IMHO, of course.

not that i really think thats a good thing.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
BumbleFinck
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2007, 10:42:16 PM »

a reunion would be throwing this away, it'd be bullshit?

I'm guessing you just started liking gn'r this year?
If you got into gn'r becuase of the music that has been released and they makes up 90% of their live show, I can't see how you would call a renuion bullshit.
GeraldFord
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2007, 10:43:03 PM »

i agree, if a reunion was ever to happen surely it would have to be with the original line up.

If there is a reunion, I'd think Dizzy would be on board, so it wont be the AFD five. But if there is a reunion, I hope it's with neither Bore 'em Sorum or the junkie.
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2007, 10:44:09 PM »

I don't want a reunion. Sure it'd be great to go see them play live but we would never get an album from them. I really don't think that these guys could ever function together in a studio again.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2007, 10:44:48 PM »

If you got into gn'r becuase of the music that has been released and they makes up 90% of their live show, I can't see how you would call a renuion bullshit.

I've been a fan for YEARS... A reunion, yes... But not b4 CD is released and see what this band can do!

Bore 'em Sorum ?

rofl
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2007, 10:46:06 PM »

How long before someone mentions Rob Gardner and Traci Guns were the "real" original band.

Saul, does "Reunion Democracy Starts Now" start now?

Ha. ?

I like Sorum more now than I did. ?Maybe they could both go on tour... ?Sorum for Illusion stuff and Steve for Appetite.... Hmmm..

Oh well, I am ready for CD and Libertad!
Ron Jones
Headliner

Mr. Blue Sky

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2007, 10:46:54 PM »

um...first off now I've been around the boards since 2001. We have supported this mystery album for this long we deserve to hear it and see it go somewhere.

Add me:

http://www.myspace.com/ronjones7

Fleet Center Boston, MA 12/2/02
Hammerstein Ballroom New York, NY 5/15/06
DCU Center Worcester, MA 11/8/06
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2007, 10:47:47 PM »

I am surprised this hasn't been moved yet as reunion talk is always poo pooed, Jarmo must be sleeping right now Roll Eyes

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Izzy wanted to get the gang back together, and any reunion was always going to start with him bridging the gap anyway.

I don't think we are really that close to one, but having Izzy back in Axl's life at least creates a possibility of one in the future that was previously dead.
Geck
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2007, 10:48:07 PM »

Woah, weird interview.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2007, 10:48:12 PM »

How long before someone mentions Rob Gardner and Traci Guns were the "real" original band.

Saul, does "Reunion Democracy Starts Now" start now?

Ha. ?

I like Sorum more now than I did. ?Maybe they could both go on tour... ?Sorum for Illusion stuff and Steve for Appetite.... Hmmm..

Oh well, I am ready for CD and Libertad!

Does anyone know just exactly who was in the original lineup? by which i mean the band called gnr, not just who was in the original recorded lineup...?

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: