Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:44:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update  (Read 77954 times)
hebbesy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2007, 05:39:06 AM »

I still think this is the start of teh promotion, makes you wonder how long this could have been sitting on the desk for all we know the albums been handed over and we are just waiting on release date to be confirmed.
I wouldnt be surprised if this is a cuning plan to build excitement after all if Better has been played on a radio and there is no cease and desist letters sent could it be the promotion is starting to roll?, leaving an end of March release.

I still believe knowing how long it takes the websight to be updated if the contract talks are in final stages.

beer
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2007, 05:41:43 AM »

This is hell of a good news. It made my day...

"...It don't really matter..."
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2007, 05:42:33 AM »

Well i guess we've been told. Mixing is going to take a while, there are probably numerous different mixes of various songs, i think its going to be summer that this thing comes out!

Jonx
sixgnr
Rocker

I know it's only Rock N' Roll but I like it!

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2007, 05:57:23 AM »

Thanks Del!  love

I'm Fuckin' Innocent!
Turin '92 + Milan & Zurich 2006 + Helsinki-Aalborg-Roma-Milano-Zurich 2010
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2007, 06:04:46 AM »

I think one that way Axl sent us another mesage.
So ,now we are in same position as in 2006,and position is "soon"

I have never seen so many tree
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2007, 06:12:25 AM »

That?s good news if you believe what Del James says (im not saying that I don?t completely believe him, but we were told before that the record is done). No track listing, no album release date, and no single mentioned I doubt this album will come out before S.A dates. Most bands give all that info when they are in the mixing stages. In my opinion good news is when someone says that the album is handed over to the record company.

P.s. i really like the production n mixing by Fortus here: http://www.jellifish.com/techniques/mp3/dead_again_mix_1.mp3
 ?

« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 06:26:19 AM by Big Gun » Logged

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2007, 06:16:19 AM »

who is del james?

Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2007, 06:17:20 AM »

Hooray!

Restraint is for suckers.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2007, 06:23:51 AM »

who is del james?

Axls long time friend, now hes tour manager, or at least he was on the last tour!

Jonx
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2007, 06:30:47 AM »

who is del james?

Axls long time friend, now hes tour manager, or at least he was on the last tour!

Jonx

ok thanks,Axl said his name couple times on uyi tour(i 'm talking about boots i have)

KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2007, 06:46:46 AM »

That?s good news if you believe what Del James says (im not saying that I don?t completely believe him, but we were told before that the record is done). No track listing, no album release date, and no single mentioned I doubt this album will come out before S.A dates. Most bands give all that info when they are in the mixing stages. In my opinion good news is when someone says that the album is handed over to the record company.

P.s. i really like the production n mixing by Fortus here: http://www.jellifish.com/techniques/mp3/dead_again_mix_1.mp3

Doubt we'll get a track listing until mixing is done, the tracks should then be sequenced and mastered and then handed over to the record company (hopefully). Quickest that mixing can feasibly be done is about 1 track a day, but I imagine this cd will take a great deal longer. Mastering shouldn't take long, providing everyone is happy with the results.
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2007, 06:49:59 AM »

Sounds like good news ... so we'd be inside that 8 weeks now, I assume?  Rock on.   peace

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2007, 06:50:04 AM »

I'm wondering if mixing for Better is done already and is sent out to the stations now for them to play.  The song will get people ready for GNR so when the album is finally ready and out, people would be prepped.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2007, 06:53:44 AM »

It would make sense to get the first single mixed and mastered before the rest of the cd is ready, but with this band who knows?! Seeing as better was scheduled for the harley davidson advert last year I would think that it had already been mixed and mastered, unless the version on the leaked advert was a rough cut and they were waiting for the final version. Or Better may have been one of the songs that Frank and BBF have played on.

Anyone wondering if ALL brains and bucketheads parts have been replaced with BBF and Frank?
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2007, 06:55:23 AM »

It is great news, as any progress is good progress.  I'm grateful for the update, and more hopeful than ever.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2007, 07:16:57 AM »

"What we've got here, is failure to communicate"
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2007, 07:18:31 AM »

As a metallica fan mixing for st anger took three days in New york city , remastering wise.This is 2007 and not 1992 (uyi purposes)

This can be done pretty quickly, most likely just adding fade ins and outs, to songs.A single could be ready , no problem by march 6 th .

I am really happy for you long time fans who have stuck through all the bad and good times along side Axl.
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2007, 07:26:29 AM »

As a metallica fan mixing for st anger took three days in New york city , remastering wise.This is 2007 and not 1992 (uyi purposes)

This can be done pretty quickly, most likely just adding fade ins and outs, to songs.A single could be ready , no problem by march 6 th .

I am really happy for you long time fans who have stuck through all the bad and good times along side Axl.

No offense, but St Anger would be a lot quicker to mix than this album (a lot less tracks). I'd be very suprised if it was mixed in 3 days! Maybe mastered, not mixed though (apologies if I am wrong though).
madagas
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2007, 07:28:21 AM »

If they are still mixing, they haven't turned it over to the label which means they MAY not be done with contract negotiations- Not necessarily that good of news. However, in the spirit of compromise, I do think it is great that Axl is finally happy with everything recorded-sounds like vocals and all. ok Again, I do think it is important that the band members who play live and the ones who are going to launch the cd, are the ones who are on the album. I also hope they re-recorded some of the songs in order to have a more up to date band feel. Being on the road helped them alot, and it will show in the new recordings. The leaks we have just sound ancient-even Better has a cobbled together feel to it. We need fresh recordings from a "new band"-not recordings with 6-7 different guitar players and three drummers, yada yada. peace
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2007, 07:31:44 AM »

Mixing involves getting the levels right for every track (i.e. there will be seperate tracks for each guitar, drum, vocal, backing vocal, bass, keyboards etc), getting the EQ right on them, placing them in the stereo image, compressing them, possibly adding more effects (e.g. reverb), then getting everything to sound nice and work together. It isn't a small job by any means. If they are mixing in 5.1 then the job is much larger as well.

I hope the mixing has been going on for a few weeks now (as has been quoted) as it will take a while.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: