Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:32:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Single Before Tour?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Single Before Tour?  (Read 5428 times)
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2007, 06:22:38 PM »

I think if there is no new single before the tour resumes then the CD wont be out before at least another legnthy break in the touring schedule...probably resulting in an 08 release. I can believe I honestly thought this was coming out in spring of 1999. I used to be a wealth of knowledge in terms of GNR info for my friends, now noone believes a word I say, its just a joke now.

I hear ya bro!!! who would have thought i'd be this long!!!  But its coming soon and don't worry those old friends will be back on board as soon as they hear CD!! We'l have the last laugh i'm almost sure of that.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2007, 06:52:55 PM »

Yeah..I was talking to the PD of the rock station in the building here at work, and my friend (who loves GN'R) who DJ's on the station.

They played Better twice yesterday. The PD said that he thought it was mediocre, and my friend said that the listeners didn't like it at all.

Fucking idiots (the listeners) if you ask me!  Grin

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2007, 10:40:21 PM »

i hope so, but i cant see it happening....if it does, i'll buy a round of drinks for all board members in nyc.....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2007, 10:55:37 PM »

WAAF in boston keeps playing it really frequently and is calling it the new single.

poop
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2007, 11:24:48 PM »

I feel pretty good about us having a single prior to the tour.

A single? They still sell those right?? 

It's been years since I've bought one.

*bba*

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2007, 11:29:17 PM »

A single? They still sell those right?? 

*bba*

Iron Maiden put out at least two single, on cd, from their album released last fall...so, yes, they still sell them.  Though I'm sure that a radio/video single is probably more important than what they actually sell on cd.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2007, 11:50:36 AM »

A single? They still sell those right???

*bba*

Iron Maiden put out at least two single, on cd, from their album released last fall...so, yes, they still sell them.? Though I'm sure that a radio/video single is probably more important than what they actually sell on cd.

At least where I live in Canada, if you wanted to find singles, you'd have to go to a pawn shop or used CD store Undecided

Any of the HMVs or Sunrise Music stores Ive been in no longer sell singles in store.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2007, 03:39:08 PM »

At least where I live in Canada, if you wanted to find singles, you'd have to go to a pawn shop or used CD store Undecided

Any of the HMVs or Sunrise Music stores Ive been in no longer sell singles in store.

I haven't bought one for probably ten years, either, but I just saw Iron Maiden - A Different World (off A Matter of Life and Death) at a Best Buy, two days ago.  I'm betting with itunes and all that stuff, they'll disappear relatively soon.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2007, 03:40:57 PM »

i hope so, but i cant see it happening....if it does, i'll buy a round of drinks for all board members in nyc.....

That could get kind of expensive, couldn't it?     Shocked
patmac54
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2007, 03:42:59 PM »

honestly, i have a feeling this thing is coming out right before they hit africa in april
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2007, 03:47:26 PM »

I haven't bought one for probably ten years, either, but I just saw Iron Maiden - A Different World (off A Matter of Life and Death) at a Best Buy, two days ago.? I'm betting with itunes and all that stuff, they'll disappear relatively soon.

i think singles are big in europe. last single i bought was Sympathy for the Devil at a Sunrise Records back in 94 or whatever year it came out Undecided hihi who knew that would be the last GnR release for 13 years Cry

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2007, 03:51:52 PM »

I haven't bought one for probably ten years, either, but I just saw Iron Maiden - A Different World (off A Matter of Life and Death) at a Best Buy, two days ago.? I'm betting with itunes and all that stuff, they'll disappear relatively soon.

i think singles are big in europe. last single i bought was Sympathy for the Devil at a Sunrise Records back in 94 or whatever year it came out Undecided hihi who knew that would be the last GnR release for 13 years Cry

Haha, I would like to see where that assumption stems from. We do have internet too you know hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2007, 03:56:48 PM »

my post was kinda in addition to axlmainman's that you cant get cd singles in canada...unless they are used...or you buy them online. but stores don't really carry them.

i think they are popular in Europe though...am i right? or are cd singles pretty much non-existant everywhere these days Undecided didnt mean to sound ignorant peace

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2007, 03:59:57 PM »

That could get kind of expensive, couldn't it?? ? ?Shocked

i guess so, but i highly doubt i'll be buying anyone drinks.....there will be no single, no cd before the tour starts.......believe me, i hope i lose............

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2007, 04:01:13 PM »

my post was kinda in addition to axlmainman's that you cant get cd singles in canada...unless they are used...or you buy them online. but stores don't really carry them.

i think they are popular in Europe though...am i right? or are cd singles pretty much non-existant everywhere these days Undecided didnt mean to sound ignorant peace

They're pretty non existant where I'm from, and my country follows the rest since we're so small. Usually a tiny section with cardboard singles from a few selected shit stars. I think you can get on the top 20 with only 300-400 copies sold.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2007, 04:07:24 PM »

They're pretty non existant where I'm from, and my country follows the rest since we're so small. Usually a tiny section with cardboard singles from a few selected shit stars. I think you can get on the top 20 with only 300-400 copies sold.

at least you got a cd-singles section hihi

anyway back on topic...these days i'm thinking a single may be released to radio stations only for air play...but i wouldnt expect it any longer than a week or 2 before the album comes out....just a guess on my part of course peace

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2007, 04:17:43 PM »

I can't see the band releasing a single without having an official date for the album.
And the album will be released as shortly after a notification in regard to a new date as possible.

so I think neemo is guessing right.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2007, 04:19:49 PM »

You're on!  See ya in NY before the next show at the Garden.   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2007, 04:11:31 PM »

by single i mean radio single and video.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2007, 04:25:08 PM »

You're on!? See ya in NY before the next show at the Garden.? ?beer

Never thought I'd say this, but I would have a hard time buying a ticket for the Garden again, without the new album out , or a setlist that consists mostly of new material.

Went in 02' , made it through the snowstorm to get there, and the show was unreal. Worth every minute.
Went to Hammerstein this year, and the show was incredible.
Went to Garden in November, and was really let down.  I'm not the richest guy in the world, but I try to go whenever possible to see the shows.
Dishing out more cashish to watch him play Appetite again may be a tough call -
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: