Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:50:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  how will axl react to being in the public eye again?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: how will axl react to being in the public eye again?  (Read 2837 times)
smugolo
Headliner

"I don't worry about nothin', no..."

« on: March 03, 2007, 07:45:00 AM »

sure, he's been out partying, playing gigs, talking to tv & radio stations. but all this is minor compared to the amount of attention he'll receive once the album is released.

do you think he'll avoid interviews and appearances, or really get out there and publicise the album for all its worth?

its all speculation i know, but thats all us gn'r fans have at the moment!

GN'R 2006 - Dublin 9th June - Sheffield 18th July - Manchester 23rd July
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 07:48:04 AM »

I wonder if Axl would go on Letterman or Leno ?

Ya know, play a song or two and maybe chat for a few minutes.

I'm pretty sure that won't happen but it would be cool.    yes

*bba*

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 08:12:16 AM »

Axl needs to actually do something big to be in the public eye again, or he'll just be a 'has-been'
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 08:28:01 AM »

If the last 14 years have been any indication, Axl prefers the recluse life.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 08:49:28 AM »

He'll have 5-6 years of incredible fame and glory, then dissapear for a decade and a half...

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 09:08:07 AM »

I have no idea of how he will react, but this is nothing new for him. It?s a part of his job.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 10:53:47 AM »

If you think itll be like 91 youre dreaming.  The press he will get wont even compare to back then.  I think he will handle this fine, in fact im worried that lack of press might bother him.
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 11:05:13 AM »

If you think itll be like 91 youre dreaming.? The press he will get wont even compare to back then.? I think he will handle this fine, in fact im worried that lack of press might bother him.

you don't know what will happen or what axl thinks. the publicity will be big, but i have a feeling axl likes, and still would like, to lay pretty low as far as publicity goes. he never liked the media much at all. and if you're going to respond to my post with insulting me again, don't bother replying at all.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2007, 11:12:41 AM »

unless theres a full scale reunion the press will not be huge. all the press will do is say how much of a waste CD was and how we all waited all these years for nothing and the people who listen to the press will actually belive them. but honestly i really dont care either way just as as long as axl keeps playing shows and putting out more records.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2007, 11:13:48 AM »

Im not into insults, although nice of you to respond to, "I think he will handle this fine" with "you dont know what Axl thinks, but I have a feeling Axl likes..." ?Nice. ?got this in the private message box this morning btw.

Quote from: axlgurl
you're sick. sick. beta was right, guns n' roses don't need fans like you. you don't even deserve to be a fan.

thanks for the words.
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2007, 11:17:02 AM »

you're welcome, i thought it was very fitting after your constant attacks of me in several threads for no reason, even other people noticed it and commented on it (like mango). so you're very welcome.

now get the hell back on topic.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2007, 11:27:46 AM »

If the last 14 years have been any indication, Axl prefers the recluse life.

He leads a ReEeEeEeEClUSE Life, and you know its his own advice. 
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2007, 11:30:17 AM »

He'll probably react just like he has in the last year. Seems like a non question to me...

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2007, 12:03:08 PM »

The spotlight won't be on him as much as some people would like to think.

It'll be pretty big news. The album will hit number 1. In fact, over seas, things could really blow up for him, which may be good or bad, depending on what he wants.

But here in North America? If the first album goes off without a hitch, the second will be huge.

But this won't be like 91. Alot of people will treat it like any other late 80's or early 90's rock back coming back. Sorry, but dems the facts.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2007, 10:14:32 PM »

I don't even think he'll care about the fucking publicity. Has he ever? (That is indeed a question, and a bit of a rhetorical statement.)

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2007, 10:33:03 PM »

Let's worry about Axl Rose/Guns N' Roses actually being focused on for more than a laugh first Roll Eyes
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2007, 02:50:58 AM »

One thing I must say is that he will do a lot better now than he would have if the album came out in 2002.  Im not into men or anything, but its hard to argue that 5 years of aging actually helped Axl's looks a lot.  I mean the braids will always get people laughing, but hes thinned out and looks a lot more natural and healthier. 
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2007, 04:30:33 AM »

One thing I must say is that he will do a lot better now than he would have if the album came out in 2002.? Im not into men or anything, but its hard to argue that 5 years of aging actually helped Axl's looks a lot.? I mean the braids will always get people laughing, but hes thinned out and looks a lot more natural and healthier.?

i see you had to make it clear that you are not a homosexual to be able to recognize another man's looks, shows alot of maturity and security on your part!

who would laugh at axl's braids? 1. his braids look cool on him, 2. i havent heard anyone in real life criticise him for THAT, 3. the ones who make fun of someone's hair is usually running out of real arguments anyway so it's all good. who cares.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2007, 06:19:07 AM »

One thing I must say is that he will do a lot better now than he would have if the album came out in 2002.  Im not into men or anything, but its hard to argue that 5 years of aging actually helped Axl's looks a lot.  I mean the braids will always get people laughing, but hes thinned out and looks a lot more natural and healthier. 
No,the ones who laugh at Axl are the ones who have always done it no matter what he does,how he sings,how good his music is or how he looks like. Poeple who don?t like Axl don?t focus on the braids dude but on what he is doing with GNR.
He looks very cool with the braids and in my opinion, artists need a change of image every once in a while and a lot of artists do it and Axl is no exception.

And Axl?s been in the public eye since last year and I think he knows how to handle all this because,as I said in my previous post,this is nothing new for him and the relation with the media is part of his job.When you release a new record you?re supossed to promote it and all and for that you need the media ...

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2007, 06:27:51 AM »

he was on the vmas 2006. isnt that public eye enough ?

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: