Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:51:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Neil Young
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Neil Young  (Read 25246 times)
fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2014, 08:04:15 PM »

Hate to necro an old thread but had the privilege of seeing Neil Young and Crazy Horse a couple of weeks or so back in Liverpool,UK,what a show the noise he put out was sublime easily the loudest gig i've been too at that arena,he and the band where in great form the solo's he played bordered on genius at times and a bit of feedback is always welcome to these ears,if you get the chance go and see them,failing that see Young on his own he is excellent.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2020, 10:37:22 AM »

Neil Young Planning Crazy Horse ‘Barn Tour’

Neil Young said he was planning a Crazy Horse “barn tour,” a week after telling fans he wasn’t planning to hit the road in the near future.

Responding to a fan comment, Young said “don’t expect anything” in terms of live appearances. “I am not focused on playing," he noted. "I am taking care of my music.” But in a new post on his website, Young revealed he was aiming to perform “in a couple of months, because we feel like it.”

“We have been looking at booking the Crazy Horse barn tour,” Young wrote. “Many of the old places we used to play are gone now, replaced by new coliseums we have to book [a] year in advance and we don’t want to go [to] anyway. That’s not the way we like to play. It sounds way to
  • much like a real job if you have to book it and wait a year, so we have decided to play the old arenas – not the new sport facilities put up by corporations for their sports teams.”

He described those new buildings as “largely soulless” and said they “cost a fortune to play in." “We don’t like the new rules,” Young added, along with a listing of 30 venues that have been demolished as well as 31 that haven't. “If you are looking for us on our Crazy Horse Barn Tour, we will hopefully be in one of the existing areas. Hope to see you there. News coming pretty soon!”

I think this is a pretty cool idea.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
cineater
Legend

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2021, 02:00:37 PM »

Neil Young Planning Crazy Horse ‘Barn Tour’

Neil Young said he was planning a Crazy Horse “barn tour,” a week after telling fans he wasn’t planning to hit the road in the near future.

Responding to a fan comment, Young said “don’t expect anything” in terms of live appearances. “I am not focused on playing," he noted. "I am taking care of my music.” But in a new post on his website, Young revealed he was aiming to perform “in a couple of months, because we feel like it.”

“We have been looking at booking the Crazy Horse barn tour,” Young wrote. “Many of the old places we used to play are gone now, replaced by new coliseums we have to book [a] year in advance and we don’t want to go [to] anyway. That’s not the way we like to play. It sounds way to
  • much like a real job if you have to book it and wait a year, so we have decided to play the old arenas – not the new sport facilities put up by corporations for their sports teams.”

He described those new buildings as “largely soulless” and said they “cost a fortune to play in." “We don’t like the new rules,” Young added, along with a listing of 30 venues that have been demolished as well as 31 that haven't. “If you are looking for us on our Crazy Horse Barn Tour, we will hopefully be in one of the existing areas. Hope to see you there. News coming pretty soon!”

I think this is a pretty cool idea.

I watched some of Barn, the making of his new album.  The barn they recorded in is really cool.  I see he went back to smoking pot.  In his book, he said he had quit and hadn't been able to write music since.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: