Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:20:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  You think CD's release will spark a new mainstream rock trend?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: You think CD's release will spark a new mainstream rock trend?  (Read 12883 times)
beans4life
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: December 23, 2006, 11:46:58 AM »

Like what nu metal was to the early 00's or pop-punk/pop-rock/emo is now. Bring back a classic rock sound to the mainstream. Avenged Sevenfold is already contributing a bit and Wolfmother have potential to be huge.
justincrowe
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 12:09:40 PM »

don't know.

it should, though.  ok

08.14.91 - Icehall, Helsinki, Finland
07.06.06 - Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 12:28:17 PM »

I think GNR will spawn a new sound, that others will use a blueprint.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 12:29:32 PM »

It will hopefully bring good bands back into the mainstream  ok

theres not really a shortage of good bands, they just haven't made it big - which is unfortunate  no

hopefully it won't bring people trying to copy the GNR sound though
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 12:49:26 PM »

Hopefully! There is some real garbage on "rock" radio today.

Just as a side note: My job requires me to do a lot of driving, I have been hearing a lot more gnr on the radio. These last few days besides the standards, I have heard Brownstone, my michelle, and nighttrain. After my michelle, the dj (100.7 wmms cleveland) said he cant wait for the new album, but it better come out in march or he want support them anymore. Is it just my imagination, or have you guys noticed more gnr also? Maybe it is a way to start having people get back into them? I dont know, just bored I guess
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 12:52:07 PM »

YES Trends come and go I think its about time for GnR to reclaim their fame

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 12:54:13 PM »

look out! I'm takin over hihi

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006, 01:00:31 PM »

I think GNR will spawn a new sound,

hopefully. yes
I don't think the sound is easy to copy.

However, apparently there're already copycats that take cd for example to excuse their not releasing a thing for ages.
kingaxl
Banned
Rocker

im no prophet but i can tell you somethin!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 01:39:55 PM »

who gives a shit....?? you should be worry if its gonna be released or not!!!!!

she took my sperm without my permission!!!
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 01:46:02 PM »

Part of me wants it to, just so we can say "Axl's back, motherfuckers!" and just to prove wrong all the doubters.

However....

Am I the only person that likes GN'R being quite low-key now? I know that if they become big (and perhaps bloated again), that they may be less special and they may lose that personal touch that we have with them currently (and for the last 8 or so years since they started on CD).
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 01:57:13 PM »

Part of me wants it to, just so we can say "Axl's back, motherfuckers!" and just to prove wrong all the doubters.

However....

Am I the only person that likes GN'R being quite low-key now? I know that if they become big (and perhaps bloated again), that they may be less special and they may lose that personal touch that we have with them currently (and for the last 8 or so years since they started on CD).

I dont think Axl would make that same mistake twice. I think we've seen the last of the female backing singers on tour!!

GNR are no media whores so I dont think they will get out of touch with the fan base who stuck with them all these years.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Budweiser Froggs
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2006, 02:11:04 PM »

i feel the same way.  once CD comes around, we are going to have an entire new group of fans coming to these boards that havnet stuck with "the cause."  Its almost going to be sad in a way to leave that.  And also concert sales will be way up, which will be harder to get closer to the band....but it has to end sometime and ill also be glad to see gnr suceed so much because they deserve it.
phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2006, 02:18:33 PM »

Well the good news is that if we CD truely sounds like a real rock record, and its sales are huge, then that will bring the kind of artists/bands that WE like into the mainstream; as the success of GNR could make talent-scouts look more for the  GNR sound since it's currently (we hope) doing so well.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2006, 02:44:32 PM »

Like what nu metal was to the early 00's or pop-punk/pop-rock/emo is now. Bring back a classic rock sound to the mainstream. Avenged Sevenfold is already contributing a bit and Wolfmother have potential to be huge.

im with ya with Avenged Sevenfold, cause they can write good riffs and songs like GNR did, but wolfmother sucks....they will be forgotten by next year....the days of "music trends" is over....because of the internet there is SOOO MUCH out there that SOO many people are listening to it is impossible for one band or genre to DOMINATE the airwaves like they used to...peoples tastes are too diversified today...there are too many options
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2006, 06:26:54 PM »

At the end of the day it's JUST a CD.   

For a new mainstream rock trend we'd need a bunch of other similar releases from other bands to pick up some popularity too.

I predict it'll be a huge hit with GNR fans, meaning a high debut and then a reasonably swift slide.   GNR Greatest Hits has hung around Billboard for an eternity.  I don't see Chi Dem doing the same.  Different band, different songs.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Edrose
Headliner

black sheep are the new dolphins...

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2006, 06:46:06 PM »

Is it just my imagination, or have you guys noticed more gnr also? Maybe it is a way to start having people get back into them? I dont know, just bored I guess

ive definitely noticed it here in the UK

if you listen to (in london) xfm or virgin for about an hour theres a good chance theyll play some GN'R which wouldnt have happened a year ago
i even heard LALD on kerrang radio recently
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2006, 07:00:31 PM »

Hopefully with CD it will drag attention away from these emo douchebag tools and put more attention on real rock bands and artists.  Hopefully CD will create an opening for bands like Wolfmother to jump through and gain lots of popularity!  and of course GNR would be the most famous  peace
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2006, 07:05:15 PM »

It would be funny if this cd did make GNR the big thing next year.

I'm Axl Rose and you're watching TRL.

Better yet, I'm Chris Pittman, and you're watching TRL.

Sorry, long day.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2006, 07:16:12 PM »

i love Mike Pattons comments about wolfmother "Im not going to say anymore, you have ears..."  Wolfmother is terrible and nothing like GNR.  And no gnr will not start a new wave in music, sorry that boat has sailed, but they should release a really good album
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2006, 07:35:05 PM »

I don't know if it'll do that, meaning spawing copycats. But I do think it'll revive rock for the mainstream. They won't rule the world again, but they certaintly will rule their genre again.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2006, 08:30:13 PM »

you bet your sweet ass it will  smoking CHINESE DEMOCRACY will rule/own the entire fucking world. (or so i think)

Heres to a CHINESE DEMOCRACY in March of '07 beer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2006, 09:36:25 PM »

Yeah, I think GNR is bringing "real" rock back!

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
*ReON!*
Opening Act

History from a Future Age r0x.

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2006, 03:46:02 AM »

I hope that. In Italy will be so damn hard. -.-
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2006, 07:03:57 PM »

No... I don't think it will spark a new trend.
Old bands (even with new lineups) don't tend to do that...

Even if CD is the album of the year, I don't think it will spark some big change in the scene.

Look at grunge, nu-metal and pop-punk. They all began with new bands breaking big.  More often than not, it's actually the older bands that get a shot in the arm from a new scene (Neil Young with grunge being a good example).
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2006, 10:02:26 PM »

We have not heard the record, so we cannot judge.

...but classic rock is never coming back. It's deader than Elvis.
GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2007, 06:17:58 PM »

As we all know punk band Green Day came back after a long layoff and hit big with American Idiot. To me the demos off of Chinese Democracy are ''Better'' than any song off the Green Day album, but yet their album swept all the awards. Will C.D. have as big of an impact on the mainstream? Why? or why not?
Crash99
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2007, 06:20:31 PM »

It'll have to appeal to young people emensily. The record company has to sell it like a crack dealer in downtown LA. Hopefully there is alot of crackheads around!!!!!!
GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2007, 06:26:48 PM »

lol..good one, yeah GNR have way too good of lyrics and metaphors for the young to truly understand. Green Day is poppy and simple.
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2007, 06:35:48 PM »

No.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2007, 07:54:24 PM »

I doubt it greatly; musical revolutions don't come from bands in their 40s. Green Day really just capitalized on an existing pop-punk craze more than introduced it, and the sounds of the new GN'R music aren't really trendy (not a knock at all, a compliment imo). Perhaps Avenged will change the scene some, but I any band will change their sound when they hear CD.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2007, 07:56:48 PM »

lol..good one, yeah GNR have way too good of lyrics and metaphors for the young to truly understand. Green Day is poppy and simple.

The songs are about loneliness and broken hearts, like all popular music is... they're good lyrics, but not too deep for people to understand.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2007, 08:26:40 PM »

Nope.

GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2007, 08:46:18 PM »

Axl better never show up on TRL we don't need GNR that mainstream now but..... but Here in Detroit WRIF radio station is playing alot more GNR lately. They pulled ''Better'' but are playing Nightrain and etc...... And the thing I noticed is the D'J's are putting much more emphasis on their voices clearly when they announce that song was from GUNS NNNNN ROSES!!!!!!!! you know? They weren't doing that 3 months ago. So who knows, GNR is still big now for not having an album in 15 years but yes I saw a new wave of people at the concert at the Palace!
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2007, 09:18:21 PM »

I don't think it would take much to improve on the current sorry state of rock. Aside from Green Day's 'American Idiot' in '04, there hasn't been much on rock radio to make you say "Wow". Of course, many bands pay radio stations to play their shit, and I don't think GN'R is the type to do that. It may take a little time, but hopefully the material on 'CD' will be played on the radio because it's quality music, and the people want to hear it.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Illusions Used
Opening Act

One In A Million

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2007, 09:29:17 PM »

It won't happen.  Axl is a rare breed in music.  He's a great songwriter, has a unique vocal skill set and has real rock cred.  Let's be honest, GNR's music isn't the only thing which draws us in as fans.  You can't teach or emulate what Axl does.  If bands tried to emulate real or classic rock in the name of GNR, or the like, the attempt would be viewed as veil and hollow. 

Well some say I'm lazy
And others say that's just me
Some say I'm crazy
I guess I'll always be

12.2.06 Target Center
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2007, 12:26:47 AM »

No.

The problem is that unlike AFD--which did break the mold that existed at  that time--this album will be dated  when it is released due to the fact that some of the  songs are  at least 10 years old; and further, the kiss  of death, it is "sold" as sounding like Queen, Zeppelin, etc. ("Sold" being defined as comments by insiders to promote  the album before it is released.)

Truly classic, great bands have their own original  sound  and do not sound like anyone  else. That is why I think the album will have a relatively small splash in terms of longevity and will fade rather quickly.
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2007, 12:30:10 AM »

Better yet, I'm Chris Pitman, and you're watching TRL.
That would be awesome ok
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2007, 12:45:48 AM »

I doubt it greatly; musical revolutions don't come from bands in their 40s.

If any band in their 40s released an album which sold 30 million copies worldwide, I think you'd see labels signing similar (albeit younger) bands in droves and pushing them as hard as they could. That's about as close as you'll come to a "musical revolution" these days. It's unlikely but plausible, age matters a lot less than gross returns. Sadly, anyone making a "comeback" in their mid-40s is going to be heralded as a "gross return" of a different sort.

Watching the Rock Am Ring and Inland Invasion vids, it's clear that GNR don't look or perform like a bunch of crusty old glam-rockers - and it's their music and their image more than their age that will decide their fate.     
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2007, 02:30:27 AM »

If this album sold more than 3 million world wide it would surpass my expectations.  The music industry has changed and none of the songs are that catchy or mind blowing to overcome all the bad press about axl and the fact that he's 45 years old.  Yeah you can play the album for non fanatics and they might like it, but i dont see any of them being blown away by it.  The rock trend that will be sparked is the trend that record labels will never give as much money for one album ever again to anyone.
Edward Rose
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2007, 02:32:26 AM »

You think CD's release will spark a new mainstream rock trend?

Yes.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2007, 02:41:17 AM »

you bet your sweet ass it will? smoking CHINESE DEMOCRACY will rule/own the entire fucking world. (or so i think)

Heres to a CHINESE DEMOCRACY in March of '07 beer

i no longer stand by that second part  Embarrassed

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2007, 03:10:03 AM »

Nope.  If CD comes out this year, I don't think the music scene will change much at all... I mean why would it?? Because of one album from a band that hasn't released something in WELL over a decade?? If you happen to be thinking REALISTICALLY, then you'll realize the effect this album will have on the music world won't be as big as some of you think.

I'm sure it's going to be a really great album, but it won't be a revolution of any kind, except MAYBE in a few people's heads.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Lafayettecopssuck
Opening Act

Live your life like its a coma

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2007, 03:14:55 AM »

I will be one of those heads  Smiley
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2007, 03:32:47 AM »

There is no music right now that you could consider the MAIN music of the general public.  I don't see any album/band being a HUGE influence anytime soon, unless CD hits.  EVERYTHING sounds the same, but the new tracks.  The public would love it.
Edward Rose
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2007, 03:35:46 AM »

Nope.  If CD comes out this year, I don't think the music scene will change much at all... I mean why would it?? Because of one album from a band that hasn't released something in WELL over a decade??

You're assuming it won't be something epic. I believe it will be as epic, or even more than UYI was. But this time it'll come when people are craving some good rock n' roll. So that's what my "Yes" answer to this thread was based on.
Lafayettecopssuck
Opening Act

Live your life like its a coma

« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2007, 03:56:08 AM »

I don't think it will spark a "mainstream rock trend", however I do believe it will spark a mainstream gnr trend...even if I have to become the next Bill Gates in order to personally buy 5 million copies, which is something I'm fully prepared to do. beer
Lethalis
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2007, 04:52:02 AM »

I do believe there will be Rock 'n' Roll revival in the mainstream music.. but something tells me CD might be too epic to be part of that. Songs like The Blues, IRS and Madagascar you don't exactly listen to because you want to hear something rockin' that elevates your mood..

It's really the older stuff like Paradise City, Nighttrain, etc that had mass-appeal.

So let's hope there is other stuff on CD that isn't about anything depressing and sounds great anyway  peace
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2007, 07:07:16 AM »

We will see if Chinese Democracy is out......

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2007, 09:33:25 AM »

I think there's something to this.  I would hope it would be impressive enough to warrant some admiration, that's for sure.

As far as them being big again, I would prefer them to get enormous again, myself, just so I don't have to read about how they could'nt sell out a hall that seats 4000 people.
whitemusiclover
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2007, 09:53:47 AM »

I THOUGHT that might get your attention!  Tesla's new CD Real to Reel is a covers
CD that is gonna BLOW YOU AWAY!!  There are 23 tracks in all so this will be
released as a "volume 1 & 2" but there will be a catch.  If you ask me, the
marketing strategy that they are using is brilliant.  Here's the deal.

Volume 1 of Real to Reel will be available in stores on June 5 so make sure you
go and buy it.  Tesla will be out on tour this summer...possibly late spring in
support of this CD and they will be performing what they are calling "Two Night
Stands".  Each city will have two back to back performances of Tesla, one night
electric...one night acoustic.  Make SURE that you buy tickets to BOTH shows
because your ticket to the FIRST show is also buying you Real to Reel Vol.2!! 
That's right.....Real to Reel Vol.2 will be included in the price of your ticket
and will be handed out as you enter the show.  Is that COOL or WHAT??  Now here's
the kicker.....on the SECOND night of this adventure there will be a BONUS CD
handed out!!  That's right....your ticket for the SECOND night will include a
BONUS CD of acoustic material.  These songs were taken from 5 Man Jam and
recorded in the studio so they won't have the sound of the live audience behind
them.  They will have favorites from 5 Man (Signs, Paradise) as well as selected
acoustic versions of songs from the 2005 Five Man Acoustic Jam Revisited Tour (Hang
Tough, etc.)  Now, I must report that this is NOT an official press release so
this info is still subject to change but this announcement was made by Mr. Brian
Wheat himself during a radio interview with Rock 94 in Albuquerque, NM last
month.  This has definitely got people talking.

I will let you know that although I have not had the privilege of hearing the
finished tracks yet I know people who have and from what I am hearing from
them....these tracks are gonna ROCK YOUR SOCKS OFF.  Jeff's vocals are amazing
from what I'm hearing.....not that we didn't already know that but I'm hearing
that you will almost NOT recognize them!  The track listing for Real to Reel is
as follows:

Bad Reputation  (Thin Lizzy)

Ball Of Confusion  (Temptations)

Beer Drinkers, Hell Raisers  (ZZ Top)

Bell Bottom Blues  (Eric Clapton/Derek And The Dominoes)

Day Of The Eagle  (Robin Trower)

Dear Mr. Fantasy  (Traffic)

Do You (Feel Like We Do)  (Peter Frampton)

Honky Tonk Woman  (Rolling Stones)

I Want To Take You Higher  (Sly & The Family Stone)

Is It My Body  (Alice Cooper)

I've Got A Feeling  (Beatles)

Make It Last  (Montrose)

Not Fragile  (Bachmann Turner Overdrive)

Rock Bottom  (UFO)

Saturday Night Special  (Lynyrd Skynyrd)

Seasons Of Wither  (Aerosmith)

Shooting Star  (Bad Company)

Stealin'  (Uriah Heep)

Street Fighting Man  (Rolling Stones)

Thank You  (Led Zeppelin)**FIRST SINGLE

Walk Away  (James Gang)

War Pigs  (Black Sabbath)

NOW.....as for which order they will appear or which songs will be on which
volumes.....I do not know. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see. What I DO
know is that this is SUCH a great selection of classic rock song to cover. I am
VERY excited about all of this and I cannot wait for this tour to begin.  NO
DOUBT there will be reviews and new photos on this site once they are out there. 
I PROMISE you won't be disappointed with the tour or the new CDs.  C'mon June 5!!

That's it for now.  If you'd like a tiny preview you can click on the links below
and view a couple of live in-studio performances from Rock 94 in Albuquerque, NM.
Tesla performed for some contest winners and they did Thank You (which will be
the first single released from Real to Reel) and Walk Away (I LOVE this
song....they are so fantastic with it) as well as Into The Now!  Check them out!

Tesla Videos Live in Rock 94 Studio
Tesla's Real to Reel CD to be Released
June 5, 2007

Some bands just get it. Others like Axl just fuck with us.

rubinho.ma
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2007, 10:03:23 AM »

Not only Guns N' Roses will do that, as there are some other great bands already doing, despite the fact that some of them are not so popular. Examples: Wolfmother, Jet, Buckcherry...
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2007, 12:42:42 PM »

is it just me, or does whitemusiclover turn this thread into an infomercial rofl

i dont think G'n'R will do that, wouldn't it cost to much?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2007, 01:26:46 PM »

I THOUGHT that might get your attention!? Tesla's new CD Real to Reel is a covers
CD that is gonna BLOW YOU AWAY!!? There are 23 tracks in all so this will be
released as a "volume 1 & 2" but there will be a catch.? If you ask me, the
marketing strategy that they are using is brilliant.? Here's the deal.

Volume 1 of Real to Reel will be available in stores on June 5 so make sure you
go and buy it.? Tesla will be out on tour this summer...possibly late spring in
support of this CD and they will be performing what they are calling "Two Night
Stands".? Each city will have two back to back performances of Tesla, one night
electric...one night acoustic.? Make SURE that you buy tickets to BOTH shows
because your ticket to the FIRST show is also buying you Real to Reel Vol.2!!?
That's right.....Real to Reel Vol.2 will be included in the price of your ticket
and will be handed out as you enter the show.? Is that COOL or WHAT??? Now here's
the kicker.....on the SECOND night of this adventure there will be a BONUS CD
handed out!!? That's right....your ticket for the SECOND night will include a
BONUS CD of acoustic material.? These songs were taken from 5 Man Jam and
recorded in the studio so they won't have the sound of the live audience behind
them.? They will have favorites from 5 Man (Signs, Paradise) as well as selected
acoustic versions of songs from the 2005 Five Man Acoustic Jam Revisited Tour (Hang
Tough, etc.)? Now, I must report that this is NOT an official press release so
this info is still subject to change but this announcement was made by Mr. Brian
Wheat himself during a radio interview with Rock 94 in Albuquerque, NM last
month.? This has definitely got people talking.

I will let you know that although I have not had the privilege of hearing the
finished tracks yet I know people who have and from what I am hearing from
them....these tracks are gonna ROCK YOUR SOCKS OFF.? Jeff's vocals are amazing
from what I'm hearing.....not that we didn't already know that but I'm hearing
that you will almost NOT recognize them!? The track listing for Real to Reel is
as follows:

Bad Reputation? (Thin Lizzy)

Ball Of Confusion? (Temptations)

Beer Drinkers, Hell Raisers? (ZZ Top)

Bell Bottom Blues? (Eric Clapton/Derek And The Dominoes)

Day Of The Eagle? (Robin Trower)

Dear Mr. Fantasy? (Traffic)

Do You (Feel Like We Do)? (Peter Frampton)

Honky Tonk Woman? (Rolling Stones)

I Want To Take You Higher? (Sly & The Family Stone)

Is It My Body? (Alice Cooper)

I've Got A Feeling? (Beatles)

Make It Last? (Montrose)

Not Fragile? (Bachmann Turner Overdrive)

Rock Bottom? (UFO)

Saturday Night Special? (Lynyrd Skynyrd)

Seasons Of Wither? (Aerosmith)

Shooting Star? (Bad Company)

Stealin'? (Uriah Heep)

Street Fighting Man? (Rolling Stones)

Thank You? (Led Zeppelin)**FIRST SINGLE

Walk Away? (James Gang)

War Pigs? (Black Sabbath)

NOW.....as for which order they will appear or which songs will be on which
volumes.....I do not know. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see. What I DO
know is that this is SUCH a great selection of classic rock song to cover. I am
VERY excited about all of this and I cannot wait for this tour to begin.? NO
DOUBT there will be reviews and new photos on this site once they are out there.?
I PROMISE you won't be disappointed with the tour or the new CDs.? C'mon June 5!!

That's it for now.? If you'd like a tiny preview you can click on the links below
and view a couple of live in-studio performances from Rock 94 in Albuquerque, NM.
Tesla performed for some contest winners and they did Thank You (which will be
the first single released from Real to Reel) and Walk Away (I LOVE this
song....they are so fantastic with it) as well as Into The Now!? Check them out!

? ? ? ?Tesla Videos Live in Rock 94 Studio
Tesla's Real to Reel CD to be Released
June 5, 2007

Some bands just get it. Others like Axl just fuck with us.

WTF? Stop posting.
cody6977
Headliner

sometimes I pee when I poop

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2007, 02:26:15 PM »

I think the rock n roll revival is slowly coming around with bands like Velvet Revolver, Metallica, and NIN all having new albums this spring/summer....I'm sure Chinese Democracy will only add to that.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2007, 02:45:09 PM »

CD may be part of a new mainstream rock trend, but It wont spark it. The way things are now, we are due for that anyway.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
MikeFrett
Headliner

Don't damn me

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2007, 03:17:26 PM »

...but classic rock is never coming back. It's deader than Elvis.

If classic rock is dead then...I must be dead too! Oh Nooooo!

Seriously, that was the best. I hope it would come back, a little even.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2007, 04:22:29 PM »

music is a means of communication. that conveys the sentiment words can't express well and truly.
artists heart is unburdened there. An album is a fruit of a bit of the artist life/lives and it's usually like of a year or so.

like axl said in the letter
Ultimately the public will decide, and regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way.

It's true that  those elements alone should merit people's consideration.
their thoughts of ??years is crystallized into the album and the followings. And about to get talking.

Isn't it rather revolutionary?
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2007, 04:27:02 PM »

Chinese Democracy and Spark dont quite go togather.
Chinese Democracy has problems even with sparking it self:)

sorry people... I'm just a sarcastic bastard:)

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2007, 04:57:47 PM »

Saying Chinese Democracy has a classic rock sound is like saying the grass is going to be orange this year.

KillKurtzKids
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2007, 04:06:04 AM »

Chinese Democracy will sell half the amount of records it did when GNR were the biggest in the world. People don't sell records like they did in the early 90's anymore. If that happens it will be a fantastic success. They're not going to dominate the scene, they won't top 'cool lists' in music magazines that young people read. They're really not that important. Since the turn on the Millennium rock n' roll music has come back strong. Since The Strokes debut in 2001 we've had The White Stripes, Interpol, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Kings Of Leon and a whole host of young guitar riff based Rock N' Roll. It's not Guns N' Roses or Led Zeppelin or anyone else from that era of excess and long hair... but it's pretty good.  Believing Guns N' Roses can bring back an era of classic rock (in the Thin Lizzy, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Boston, Aerosmith, Sabbath vein) is as ridiculous as suggesting Destiny?s Child reform and take R&B back to the days of Motown, Phil Spector and Diana Ross.

A lot of Guns N' Roses fans have had the tape in their walkmans jammed since they stopped making Wayne's World movies. In that time the rest of the world has moved on. I'm sure there's tips of the hat to the 1970's and 1980's in what we've heard in these GN'R leaks. But there's also  enough nods to the 1990's, to hip hop, dance music and electronica in there as well. This isn't a nostalgia record. It's fresh and modern. It has roots and varied influences, but this is music of it's time and it's ready to weigh in with the best of them.

There is a mainstream rock n' roll scene.... you might not like it, but I'm sure your parent's didn't like Guns N' Roses either.
ronie
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2007, 06:46:26 AM »

Another RIDICULOUS thread...Yeah, it'll probably spread a new virus while listening to it...An ear infection or something...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: