Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:59:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  You think CD's release will spark a new mainstream rock trend?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: You think CD's release will spark a new mainstream rock trend?  (Read 12723 times)
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2006, 08:30:13 PM »

you bet your sweet ass it will  smoking CHINESE DEMOCRACY will rule/own the entire fucking world. (or so i think)

Heres to a CHINESE DEMOCRACY in March of '07 beer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2006, 09:36:25 PM »

Yeah, I think GNR is bringing "real" rock back!

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
*ReON!*
Opening Act

History from a Future Age r0x.

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2006, 03:46:02 AM »

I hope that. In Italy will be so damn hard. -.-
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2006, 07:03:57 PM »

No... I don't think it will spark a new trend.
Old bands (even with new lineups) don't tend to do that...

Even if CD is the album of the year, I don't think it will spark some big change in the scene.

Look at grunge, nu-metal and pop-punk. They all began with new bands breaking big.  More often than not, it's actually the older bands that get a shot in the arm from a new scene (Neil Young with grunge being a good example).
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2006, 10:02:26 PM »

Like what nu metal was to the early 00's or pop-punk/pop-rock/emo is now. Bring back a classic rock sound to the mainstream. Avenged Sevenfold is already contributing a bit and Wolfmother have potential to be huge.

We have not heard the record, so we cannot judge.

...but classic rock is never coming back. It's deader than Elvis.
GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2007, 06:17:58 PM »

As we all know punk band Green Day came back after a long layoff and hit big with American Idiot. To me the demos off of Chinese Democracy are ''Better'' than any song off the Green Day album, but yet their album swept all the awards. Will C.D. have as big of an impact on the mainstream? Why? or why not?
Crash99
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2007, 06:20:31 PM »

It'll have to appeal to young people emensily. The record company has to sell it like a crack dealer in downtown LA. Hopefully there is alot of crackheads around!!!!!!
GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2007, 06:26:48 PM »

lol..good one, yeah GNR have way too good of lyrics and metaphors for the young to truly understand. Green Day is poppy and simple.
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2007, 06:35:48 PM »

No.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2007, 07:54:24 PM »

I doubt it greatly; musical revolutions don't come from bands in their 40s. Green Day really just capitalized on an existing pop-punk craze more than introduced it, and the sounds of the new GN'R music aren't really trendy (not a knock at all, a compliment imo). Perhaps Avenged will change the scene some, but I any band will change their sound when they hear CD.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2007, 07:56:48 PM »

lol..good one, yeah GNR have way too good of lyrics and metaphors for the young to truly understand. Green Day is poppy and simple.

The songs are about loneliness and broken hearts, like all popular music is... they're good lyrics, but not too deep for people to understand.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2007, 08:26:40 PM »

Nope.

GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2007, 08:46:18 PM »

Axl better never show up on TRL we don't need GNR that mainstream now but..... but Here in Detroit WRIF radio station is playing alot more GNR lately. They pulled ''Better'' but are playing Nightrain and etc...... And the thing I noticed is the D'J's are putting much more emphasis on their voices clearly when they announce that song was from GUNS NNNNN ROSES!!!!!!!! you know? They weren't doing that 3 months ago. So who knows, GNR is still big now for not having an album in 15 years but yes I saw a new wave of people at the concert at the Palace!
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2007, 09:18:21 PM »

I don't think it would take much to improve on the current sorry state of rock. Aside from Green Day's 'American Idiot' in '04, there hasn't been much on rock radio to make you say "Wow". Of course, many bands pay radio stations to play their shit, and I don't think GN'R is the type to do that. It may take a little time, but hopefully the material on 'CD' will be played on the radio because it's quality music, and the people want to hear it.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Illusions Used
Opening Act

One In A Million

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2007, 09:29:17 PM »

It won't happen.  Axl is a rare breed in music.  He's a great songwriter, has a unique vocal skill set and has real rock cred.  Let's be honest, GNR's music isn't the only thing which draws us in as fans.  You can't teach or emulate what Axl does.  If bands tried to emulate real or classic rock in the name of GNR, or the like, the attempt would be viewed as veil and hollow. 

Well some say I'm lazy
And others say that's just me
Some say I'm crazy
I guess I'll always be

12.2.06 Target Center
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2007, 12:26:47 AM »

No.

The problem is that unlike AFD--which did break the mold that existed at  that time--this album will be dated  when it is released due to the fact that some of the  songs are  at least 10 years old; and further, the kiss  of death, it is "sold" as sounding like Queen, Zeppelin, etc. ("Sold" being defined as comments by insiders to promote  the album before it is released.)

Truly classic, great bands have their own original  sound  and do not sound like anyone  else. That is why I think the album will have a relatively small splash in terms of longevity and will fade rather quickly.
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2007, 12:30:10 AM »

Better yet, I'm Chris Pitman, and you're watching TRL.
That would be awesome ok
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2007, 12:45:48 AM »

I doubt it greatly; musical revolutions don't come from bands in their 40s.

If any band in their 40s released an album which sold 30 million copies worldwide, I think you'd see labels signing similar (albeit younger) bands in droves and pushing them as hard as they could. That's about as close as you'll come to a "musical revolution" these days. It's unlikely but plausible, age matters a lot less than gross returns. Sadly, anyone making a "comeback" in their mid-40s is going to be heralded as a "gross return" of a different sort.

Watching the Rock Am Ring and Inland Invasion vids, it's clear that GNR don't look or perform like a bunch of crusty old glam-rockers - and it's their music and their image more than their age that will decide their fate.     
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2007, 02:30:27 AM »

If this album sold more than 3 million world wide it would surpass my expectations.  The music industry has changed and none of the songs are that catchy or mind blowing to overcome all the bad press about axl and the fact that he's 45 years old.  Yeah you can play the album for non fanatics and they might like it, but i dont see any of them being blown away by it.  The rock trend that will be sparked is the trend that record labels will never give as much money for one album ever again to anyone.
Edward Rose
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2007, 02:32:26 AM »

You think CD's release will spark a new mainstream rock trend?

Yes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: