Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:17:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Exclusive Interview With Jimmy Ashhurst (For The Documentary)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Exclusive Interview With Jimmy Ashhurst (For The Documentary)  (Read 3246 times)
nyd
« on: March 22, 2007, 05:05:09 PM »

For those of you who have been taking an interest in the Ju Ju Hounds documentary I'm putting together, here's an update of my meeting with Jimmy Ashhurst - bassist and songwriter in Ju Ju Hounds.

I had to cancel my trip to London last minute so the interview with Jimmy took place at the Garage in Glasgow yesterday. Here's an account of what happened.....

Jimmy was waiting on the tour bus behind the venue and came out to give me a tour of inside the venue. We headed to the dressing rooms where we chatted with Keith from Buckcherry about the old and new material of BC. Jimmy mentioned how he had had the opportunity to meet Rick recently but their touring commitments meant they missed out by only a day? Sad

Altogether the interview with Jimmy is about an hour long. We had to switch locations twice due to noise levels being too high around us. Ive had a quick glimpse through the footage since the interview and a majority of it looks really good. We did try an interview in front of the Buckcherry merchandise but that footage hasnt come out very well, it was just too dark and noisy. I'll try and clean it up, add subtitles, and then post it up on here as I doubt it will be used in the documentary.

I dont have the exact list of questions asked as I had a huge list and missed some out due to me thinking Jimmy should really be getting ready to go on stage. I believe the following is pretty accurate though:

What are your fondest memories of recording the Ju Ju Hounds album?
What is your one enduring memory from the recording period?
The band always sounded so tight but how did you guys bond initially?
What are your fondest memories of the world tour?
Michael told me of an incident regarding a fire on the Ju Ju Hounds tour bus. Do you recall the event?
Do you have any other funny or cool stories from the tour that you would care to share with fans?
The sounds of the album - blues/reggae/rock etc - appear to sit so well together on the album, do you feel this is due to the tracklisting order or was it going to be a classic regardless?
At what stage of the recording did you feel the album was "coming together"?
Probably the most successful and well known song on the album, "Shuffle It All" was penned by yourself and Izzy. Can you recall the writing environment the song was written in?
It was the last recording to feature Nicky Hopkins. How did Nicky get involved with the project and how was it working with him?
Ronnie Wood also appeared as a guest on the album. Eddie Ashworth told us that he made you watch Spartacus before recording would take place. Can you tell us why? (was just kind of a joke question)

- Jimmy also talked about working with Mikey Dread but I dont think it was in response to a Mikey related question.

When was the last time you listened to the Ju Ju Hounds album?
Are there any aspects of the album that you feel have been overlooked by the media or the fans?
Has the album stood the test of time?
If the band were to re-unite after everyones current projects have run there course, do you feel the band would still have that same vibe?
Do you keep in touch with any of the Hounds? (I was supposed to ask this but didn't as he covers it in another question previously)
A majority of the questions have been submitted by fans around the world, do you have a message for all the fans that continue to support the album? (I'll be posting his response to this question as a video soon, just need to rip off camcorder)
Do you have a message for any of your former band members for when they watch the documentary?
Some fans from 15 years ago might see this documentary and wonder what happened to you guys after the band broke up. Would you like to fill them in on some major events in your life that have happened since?
What is your current project? (Was going to ask this but it was covered in previous answer)
Any clear plans for the future? (Was going to ask this but he covered it in previous answer)

Now for the really cool bit: Whilst the stage was being setup for a soundcheck Jimmy got up on stage and played the intro to Shuffle It All as a solo? Cheesy Due to inexperience with my video camera (I bought a new one just 24 hours before) when I thought I was recording, I wasn't. As Jimmy was the only one on stage I embarrasingly told him that my video camera hasn't recorded it. He was cool with it though, just laughed and started to play it again.... this time I got the whole thing on video, which will be shown in the documentay? Cool Stevie D, the guitarist in Buckcherry shouted from the back of the hall "Hey I know that song!", jumped up on stage and proceeded to jam out Shuffle It All with Jimmy. By the end of it Josh Todd comes up on stage and the jam slows down as the band start the actual soundcheck. I captured the whole of Shuffle It All on video and will be showing it in the documentary.

I'll try to post a few clips and photos of Jimmy as soon as possible. He's looking healthy and happy, and I can say he is very proud to be apart of Buckcherry (who were fucking awesome live by the way)

Cheers,
Will
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 05:10:14 PM »

Hey that's really cool man! BC kicked ass on tuesday! Gotta love that Shuffle It All bit. Can't wait to see it.  beer
nyd
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 08:12:34 PM »

See the latest Documentary Update (March 27th 2007) for a glimpse of the video interview with Jimmy Ashhurst set to be shown in the Ju Ju Hounds documentary.

http://chopaway.com/doc_timeline.php

This is Jimmys personal message to the Ju Ju Hounds fans who continue to support the album after 15 years  beer
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: