Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:10:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  22 Killed in US school Shooting
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 22 Killed in US school Shooting  (Read 43255 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #180 on: April 18, 2007, 03:25:41 AM »

The handguns used in the murders had the serial number filed down which means they were stolen or obtained illegally.

Getting rid of guns will not solve any problems whatsoever.

Getting rid of illegal guns will.

so many americans are murdered by illegally obtained guns which makes our gun death rate seem so high. Americans who go through the proper channels, dont go around killing people at record high clips.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
« Reply #181 on: April 18, 2007, 03:29:04 AM »

so many americans are murdered by illegally obtained guns which makes our gun death rate seem so high. Americans who go through the proper channels, dont go around killing people at record high clips.
Oh,  I see. What you're saying is that it's really only criminals who commit gun crimes. Thanks for clearing that up. If only you had some way of taking the guns away from the criminals, I bet all that gun crime would disappear overnight.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #182 on: April 18, 2007, 03:30:20 AM »

Americans who go through the proper channels, dont go around killing people at record high clips.

Except for this last asshole at VT, huh?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #183 on: April 18, 2007, 03:35:52 AM »

^
Has it been said how he obtained the guns? were they legally registered to him?

Back to my point though, if the faculty were allowed to carry their concealed handguns, He wouldn't have had free reign in his murders.

Remember the law school in Virginia where the guy shot 3 people? only reason he killed just 3 was cause students who had Concealed handgun licenses got the drop on him and aborted his mass murder plan.

In a perfect world, Sure u could get rid of every gun, every weapon but that isnt realistic. I mean hell, lets throw in a cure for Aids and cancer while we are at it.

Criminals with weapons vs innocent everyday people with no weapons would be an unbelievably scary world to live in.

Washington D.C. enacted a virtual ban on handguns in 1976. Between 1976 and 1991, Washington D.C.'s homicide rate rose 200%, while the U.S. rate rose 12%

« Reply #184 on: April 18, 2007, 03:38:49 AM »

Remember the law school in Virginia where the guy shot 3 people? only reason he killed just 3 was cause students who had Concealed handgun licenses got the drop on him and aborted his mass murder plan.

Only three people were shot and killed? This is a pro-gun argument?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #185 on: April 18, 2007, 03:45:35 AM »

^
I dont understand your point?

The guy killed 3 but had the other students not had guns, he probably kills 30 or 40. Surely u can tell the difference in 3 as opposed to 30 or 40 right?

Lets say there was a 6 month ban on purchasing a gun. the guy waits 6 months and kills people.

I guess we shouldnt let kids play Halo, we should ban all music and movies and we all should sit in our fuckin houses with the doors locked right?

Outside of banning guns permanently, I don't see any logic in tougher gun control laws.

The guy was a college student with no record. He passed all the background checks, waited and was granted a handgun.

As I stated above, if there were a 1 year waiting period, He would've waited a year to carry this out.

Only thing that could've saved those people's lives were if faculty members or other students were carrying guns.

Reminds me of something my dad told me once.

My dad was a baliff for a district court judge and this lady after her case was heard and after she was granted a restraining order against her husband asked the judge, "This means he won't kill me right"

The judge answered: "Well ma'am, that paper isnt bulletproof."

Regulate guns all u want, people will always be able to obtain one illegally if they want one bad enough. Making it harder for innoncent law abiding citizens to obtain guns, won't make it any safer in the world.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 03:49:20 AM by D » Logged

« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2007, 03:54:30 AM »

^
I dont understand your point?

Lets say there was a 6 month ban on purchasing a gun. the guy waits 6 months and kills people.

I guess we shouldnt let kids play Halo, we should ban all music and movies and we all should sit in our fuckin houses with the doors locked right?

Outside of banning guns permanently, I don't see any logic in tougher gun control laws.

The guy was a college student with no record. He passed all the background checks, waited and was granted a handgun.

As I stated above, if there were a 1 year waiting period, He would've waited a year to carry this out.

Only thing that could've saved those people's lives were if faculty members or other students were carrying guns.

You might understand my point if you don't try to force some retarded "Halo!Music!Movies!" bullshit on me. Thanks. I think the point may have been; Thanks to a firearm the guy was able to shoot and kill three people before another schmuck with a gun could put him down. That isn't a positive thing. That isn't a convincing argument for either retaining lax gun laws or allowing concealed weapons in the schoolroom. And isn't it extremely obvious that the shooter would have killed fewer people if no-one on campus, including him,  had a gun?

Here's a better idea than allowing the general population to carry guns; Take 90% of the cops currently wasting our time and money on traffic violations and put them on the street, in the schoolyard, wherever they would best protect and serve the public. I'm sure you'd see fewer shootings over time. Well, fewer shootings of people who aren't cops anyway.
« Reply #187 on: April 18, 2007, 03:55:48 AM »

Regulate guns all u want, people will always be able to obtain one illegally if they want one bad enough. Making it harder for innoncent law abiding citizens to obtain guns, won't make it any safer in the world.

Yeah, you're a lot safer because you can shoot back. No, wait, which way does time go again?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #188 on: April 18, 2007, 04:00:33 AM »

Dude, u make no fucking sense.

The guy came to school HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WITH A GUN TO SHOOT PEOPLE!? How he obtained the gun doesn't matter. Had there been stricter gun control laws, he would've still got one cause he had no record and was an upstanding college student. He always could've got one illegally as well.

there are laws stating u cant bring guns to school, but u think a guy with the sole purpose to kill gives a fuck about breaking a law?

U live in a fantasy world dude. no offense but Damn, I can't relate to u at all.

We live in a society where people have guns, people do bad things with said guns but taking guns away from the innocent WILL IN NO WAY stop the crazy bastards from gunning everyone down. U can only hope one of the good citizens has a gun on them and is able to shoot the crazy guy before he is able to mass slaughter tons of innocent people.

U know why the guy only killed 32 people?

Probably cause he ran out of bullets.

there was NO ONE stopping him.

U say lets put Cops in schoolyards etc etc?

Why would that work?

cause COPS HAVE FUCKING GUNS!

Thank U!

Criminals don't like being shot back at which makes them really thing twice about who they commit crimes against.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 04:02:37 AM by D » Logged

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #189 on: April 18, 2007, 04:06:04 AM »

Yeah, you're a lot safer because you can shoot back. No, wait, which way does time go again?

So you'd prefer defending your family against the gunman who has entered your house by throwing stones at him?

I'd choose a gun.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
« Reply #190 on: April 18, 2007, 04:07:22 AM »

Why would that work?

Thank U!

Exactly. And if there's a cop on hand with a gun there's no need for a member of the public to have one concealed on their person. Therefore, less guns in school. People who intend to kill people will always get their hands on a weapon, that's inevitable. Doesn't change the fact that fewer people would be slaughtered if angsty teens can't just stock up on automatic weapons from their grandfather's arsenal.

And again; You aren't any safer if you personally have a gun. If someone badly wants to shoot you, you're going to get shot.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #191 on: April 18, 2007, 04:09:03 AM »

25 is trying to alter the universe with his what ifs.

Guns exist

There will never be a time that they dont, u cant collect every single gun and melt them down and rid the world of guns therefore any solution involving NO GUNS will not work.

its not like this guy who commited the murders was a felon who was just released from prison.

Everyone can blame what they want to, truth is no one knew this guy was capable or would do somet hing like this. U cant really blame the gun laws or the gun store.

Thats as bad as blaming hip hop for Don Imus.

« Reply #192 on: April 18, 2007, 04:10:44 AM »

So you'd prefer defending your family against the gunman who has entered your house by throwing stones at him?

Yeah, that's exactly what I said. How silly of me.

Tell me, how many armed intruders have you fought off?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #193 on: April 18, 2007, 04:12:47 AM »

Why would that work?

Thank U!

Exactly. And if there's a cop on hand with a gun there's no need for a member of the public to have one concealed on their person. Therefore, less guns in school. People who intend to kill people will always get their hands on a weapon, that's inevitable. Doesn't change the fact that fewer people would be slaughtered if angsty teens can't just stock up on automatic weapons from their grandfather's arsenal.

And again; You aren't any safer if you personally have a gun. If someone badly wants to shoot you, you're going to get shot.

Faculty members TRAINED and certified to carry concealed weapons are just as good as Cops with a handgun. ok Pretty much the exact same training and qualifying class.

I dont disagree with an AUTOMATIC handgun ban. U cant mass murder people as easily with a 6 shooter. So if u are against Automatic weapons, I can get behind that definitely. ok

Also, if someone was after me with a gun, Id feel 1000 times safer if I had one of my own. Sure it guarantees nothing, but What are my odds if I dont have one? Guarantee they are no where as good than if I have one.

On a side note: I hate guns and don't own one and personally am terrified of them. I still don't support gun bans though.

« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2007, 04:13:55 AM »

u cant collect every single gun and melt them down and rid the world of guns therefore any solution involving NO GUNS will not work.

You can ban the public from owning them. You can ban the makers from producing guns for public consumption. Instantly you have fewer guns to account for, fewer guns to control. It seems to have worked quite handily for most other civilized countries. Yes, yes, yes, criminals will always have access to guns - children are a different story. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #195 on: April 18, 2007, 04:15:50 AM »

U cant compare other countries to the melting pot that is the United States though.

Most other countries dont have the gang,drug and racial problems the United States has.

« Reply #196 on: April 18, 2007, 04:19:32 AM »

U cant compare other countries to the melting pot that is the United States though.

Most other countries dont have the gang,drug and racial problems the United States has.

Bullshit. Pure, ignorant, bullshit. I don't think it's even possibly to argue that point reasonably as it's so utterly, completely false.   
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #197 on: April 18, 2007, 04:29:36 AM »

Yeah, that's exactly what I said. How silly of me.

Tell me, how many armed intruders have you fought off?

I gun would've been a great help once.

I think there's a bigger step to attack someone pointing a gun at you than to attack someone who's unarmed.

And I if I'd had a gun back then I think I wouldn't be attacked at all.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Lurk
Headliner

Here Today... Gone to KFC

« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2007, 08:00:33 AM »

Seems GN'R are about to face another backlash. The kid who did the killing was a GN'R fan who wrote a play called Mr Brownstone in which he fantasised about killing his proffessor...

http://news.aol.com/virginia-tech-shootings/cho-seung-hui/_a/mr-brownstone-title-page/20070417141309990001
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #199 on: April 18, 2007, 08:03:06 AM »

it's a pretty tenuous link. i'd be surprised if there was a "backlash"

everybody loves a scapegoat, but this isnt it.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: