Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:28:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VR: April 27 in LA
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR: April 27 in LA  (Read 18974 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2007, 04:17:07 PM »

then i hope someone will record it........
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2007, 04:32:28 PM »

^ when yahoo puts up the video you'll be able to watch it when ever you want

ill be up on music.yahoo.com/nissanlivesets/
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2007, 05:37:08 PM »

OK, here's my review.

So we get to FOX Studios at about 5:30.  We took a shuttle up to where the taping was going to be.  So once we get there, we wait in line to get our passes and to go into another line.  So we wait some more.  There's a camera crew there taping us.  They tell us to scream and to make noise....how natural.  They ask some fans to go on-camera and tell the world how much they love Velvet Revolver.  No one could come up with anything!  This drunk guy compared Scott Weiland with Jim Morrison.  There were a lot of old people there.

So we go and wait some more.  Finally after standing around for an hour, we are lead into the studio.  It's super small and intimate.  But it was already packed, so this guy from Yahoo asks us if we wanna go watch the show on the platform behind the stage.  We we're all up for it!  So we're right above the stage, it was so cool.  It was nice watching the inner workings of a rock n' roll band.

While we were waiting, the people from Nissan and Yahoo were telling us how to act.  Roll Eyes  How lame.  Everything had to be scripted.  It's a rock show for Chrissake, they treated it like a taping for a sitcom.

So after all that, we look over to the right and here come the boys.  Slash was wearing his tophat, and had a pack of Parliaments clutched in his hand.  I kept looking over at Duff's roadie, I really wanted to hear him say, "HOLLYWOOOOOOD!  You wanted the best, well they didn't fucking make it!"  I guess Yahoo didn't want any bad words included.  hihi

As for the performance, I hated how after 3 songs, they had to stop and take questions.  It was a real momentum killer.  And then they complain about GN'R having solos for guitarists.  Scott kept rambling on about how the world is changing, the war, etc etc.....and every other word was, "Uhhhhhhhh."  And the microphones kept fucking up.  Lots of audio issues.

The crowd was so anti-Axl.  Everytime his name was mentioned, the crowd booo'd.  When the mics weren't working, some guy yelled, "Do an Axl!" and Scott was like, should I just smash all the mics?  Roll Eyes  Ya know, since Axl is always smashing mics.  Shocked

There were some funny moments.  During the Q&A session, someone asked Slash how he manages to play so well, smoke, breathe, and be "so fucking badass" all at the same time.  Slash had a simple answer.  "Practice."  I wish Scott had kept it short and sweet too.

After the show ended, Scott Weiland shook my hand!  rofl  How ironic eh?  He left some glitter in my hand.  nervous  Slash and Duff are pretty stuck-up.  Undecided

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff.  But that's it in a nutshell.  This band is so artificial.  All they talk about and brag about are their "checkered past's."  What a super-dangerous band!

Give me the Axl Rose band anyday.  Even though they're not a real rock n' roll band, right?

P.S. Matt has a bald spot.  Shocked
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 05:57:06 PM by Garry » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2007, 06:50:35 PM »

^nice review garry hihi ok

^ when yahoo puts up the video you'll be able to watch it when ever you want

ill be up on music.yahoo.com/nissanlivesets/

ok, thanks beer
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2007, 07:38:42 PM »

While we were waiting, the people from Nissan and Yahoo were telling us how to act.? Roll Eyes? How lame.? Everything had to be scripted.? It's a rock show for Chrissake, they treated it like a taping for a sitcom.

Why are you complaining you had to know it would be like that...

As for the performance, I hated how after 3 songs, they had to stop and take questions. It was a real momentum killer. And then they complain about GN'R having solos for guitarists. Scott kept rambling on about how the world is changing, the war, etc etc.....and every other word was, "Uhhhhhhhh." And the microphones kept fucking up. Lots of audio issues.

Eh yeah I'm sure every VR show is like that, gimme a break...

After the show ended, Scott Weiland shook my hand! rofl How ironic eh? He left some glitter in my hand. nervous Slash and Duff are pretty stuck-up. Undecided

Funny how your review is like a 180 from every other review I read about last night, looks like someone has a grudge...
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2007, 08:13:20 PM »

OK, here's my review.

So we get to FOX Studios at about 5:30.? We took a shuttle up to where the taping was going to be.? So once we get there, we wait in line to get our passes and to go into another line.? So we wait some more.? There's a camera crew there taping us.? They tell us to scream and to make noise....how natural.? They ask some fans to go on-camera and tell the world how much they love Velvet Revolver.? No one could come up with anything!? This drunk guy compared Scott Weiland with Jim Morrison.? There were a lot of old people there.

So we go and wait some more.? Finally after standing around for an hour, we are lead into the studio.? It's super small and intimate.? But it was already packed, so this guy from Yahoo asks us if we wanna go watch the show on the platform behind the stage.? We we're all up for it!? So we're right above the stage, it was so cool.? It was nice watching the inner workings of a rock n' roll band.

While we were waiting, the people from Nissan and Yahoo were telling us how to act.? Roll Eyes? How lame.? Everything had to be scripted.? It's a rock show for Chrissake, they treated it like a taping for a sitcom.

So after all that, we look over to the right and here come the boys.? Slash was wearing his tophat, and had a pack of Parliaments clutched in his hand.? I kept looking over at Duff's roadie, I really wanted to hear him say, "HOLLYWOOOOOOD!? You wanted the best, well they didn't fucking make it!"? I guess Yahoo didn't want any bad words included.? hihi

As for the performance, I hated how after 3 songs, they had to stop and take questions.? It was a real momentum killer.? And then they complain about GN'R having solos for guitarists.? Scott kept rambling on about how the world is changing, the war, etc etc.....and every other word was, "Uhhhhhhhh."? And the microphones kept fucking up.? Lots of audio issues.

The crowd was so anti-Axl.? Everytime his name was mentioned, the crowd booo'd.? When the mics weren't working, some guy yelled, "Do an Axl!" and Scott was like, should I just smash all the mics?? Roll Eyes? Ya know, since Axl is always smashing mics.? Shocked

There were some funny moments.? During the Q&A session, someone asked Slash how he manages to play so well, smoke, breathe, and be "so fucking badass" all at the same time.? Slash had a simple answer.? "Practice."? I wish Scott had kept it short and sweet too.

After the show ended, Scott Weiland shook my hand!? rofl? How ironic eh?? He left some glitter in my hand.? nervous? Slash and Duff are pretty stuck-up.? Undecided

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff.? But that's it in a nutshell.? This band is so artificial.? All they talk about and brag about are their "checkered past's."? What a super-dangerous band!

Give me the Axl Rose band anyday.? Even though they're not a real rock n' roll band, right?

P.S. Matt has a bald spot.? Shocked

Why are you complaining so much about a free tapping of concert you got to attend? Try to pay more attention to the things you liked about it instead of blowing up every small and insignificant thing that pissed you off, it'll make it a bit more enjoyable.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 08:23:06 PM by vietnow138 » Logged
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2007, 08:46:59 PM »

Garry I disagree with your review almost 100%? It was an awesome show and different from your typical rock concert.? ?The promotion people may have acted a bit lame but I don't think that has anything to do with VR.? ?I figured Scott said he should smash all the mics cuz the sound was fucking up a bit?? And seeing as you didn't pay for it I don't see why you are complaining.  You must not be much of a fan of them.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 08:49:04 PM by Trist805 » Logged
Dead Flower
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2007, 09:26:05 PM »

Garry, you're a cockwipe.

I like to keep things short and sweet, too.  hihi

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2007, 09:38:23 PM »

Garry, you're a cockwipe.

Name calling = not cool.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2007, 09:51:39 PM »

Great review Garry.........knowing you, you got bored and went downstairs for dinner Roll Eyes hehehe Kiss

Dead Flower
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2007, 10:55:12 PM »

Name calling = not cool.

It's very cool.  yes

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2007, 12:16:49 AM »

Garry fucking rules. Enough said. Saw 3 GN'R shows with that guy. If he said VR wasn't that great it's his opinion... (and a fact.)  hihi

gnrevolution.com
Dead Flower
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2007, 12:36:35 AM »

Going to a Nissan live set and complaining about there being a QnA in-between songs is like going to a McDonalds and complaining that they only sell hamburgers. I mean, ffs, how does this bloke manage to breath?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2007, 09:11:19 AM »

They had to mention Axl.....

rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2007, 09:25:05 AM »

Thank you for the review Garry.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
overmatik
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2007, 09:36:04 AM »

rofl

/jarmo

How wouldn't they??? It's like Pink Floyd not talking about Roger Waters...
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2007, 11:03:36 AM »

Garry - if you don't like the band, then why did you go to this? 
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2007, 11:34:35 AM »

rofl

/jarmo

Nobody from the band mentioned Axl, the crowd did...
Dead Flower
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2007, 11:52:54 AM »

The band was too busy playing a set comprised entirely of their own material.  beer

Can't wait for the video of This Fightdrool

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2007, 12:28:32 PM »

rofl

/jarmo

Nobody from the band mentioned Axl, the crowd did...

Still.... It was full of VR fans who won tickets for free.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: