Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:00:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Marilyn Manson
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marilyn Manson  (Read 160056 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #420 on: January 11, 2008, 01:37:23 PM »

in addition, thought i just had.

Skold played guitar for manson now, so why couldnt he have stayed on gutiar, twiggy on bass as usual.

Then youd get a ultra ownage album?

thats actually a good point..... i dont know why skold had to leave....

and, about Antichrist Superstar, i didnt like it much either for the longest time, until it just clicked. i still think its a TAD overrated but its a great album. i def. prefer Mechanical Animals over it tho, thats Mansons crowning achievement in my opinion.

maybe manson thought 3 main song writers was a crowd though? Thats also came into my head

html sucks
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #421 on: January 11, 2008, 05:18:40 PM »

i just heard that the band Ours is opening for Manson on the current tour... if anyone's going check them out, they are awesome!

Thanks for the info Chief...I'm going and I will def. check out Ours. I'm actually going to this show by myself.  confused
Chief
Legend

« Reply #422 on: January 11, 2008, 06:57:05 PM »

no problem!  if you want to listen to some songs before hand, go to this site:
http://www.killtheband.com/downloads.htm

They are one of the bands that i'm most excited about this year!
the singer has some of the best range and tone i've ever heard!

i just heard that the band Ours is opening for Manson on the current tour... if anyone's going check them out, they are awesome!

Thanks for the info Chief...I'm going and I will def. check out Ours. I'm actually going to this show by myself.? confused

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #423 on: January 11, 2008, 08:38:49 PM »

Twiggy is back! This is really great news. Eat Me Drink Me has grown on me to the point that I now love the album.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #424 on: January 11, 2008, 09:39:05 PM »

Taking a page from the Van Halen playbook, it was announced yesterday that Marilyn Manson and longtime collaborator guitarist Twiggy Ramirez would reunite for Manson?s Eat Me, Drink Me tour. Rock Daily talked to Manson hours after the announcement, and he shared the story behind their reunion. Though the two had already re-connected during a chance meeting on the streets of Los Angeles, it was Manson witnessing another reunion that inspired him to invite Twiggy back. ?The turning point for me was when I went to see Led Zeppelin?s reunion show, and I saw Jimmy Page and Robert Plant look at each other for a moment, and they probably said, ?Holy shit, we wrote ?Stairway To Heaven.'? I wanted that look again,? Manson explains. ?I want to look at Twiggy and go ?Holy shit, we wrote ?The Beautiful People.? I called him and I said ?Let?s go do this.?? Plus, the duo had some unfinished business. ?We started music together because we wanted to bring about the apocalypse, and we realized we didn?t finish,? Manson says. ?The world could suffer much more if we were together again, and we really wanted to bring back the suffering.?

With Twiggy back in the fold after departing over creative differences after 2000?s Holy Wood, how would this effect Manson?s ?Rape of the World? tour, set to launch in a week? ?We?re still gonna play some new songs,? says Manson, ?but I think we?re excited to play some stuff that we haven?t done in a long time. I don?t think it ever felt as right without him.?

While Manson is eager to return to working on his film Phantasmagoria: The Visions of Lewis Carroll, he promises that his reunion with Twiggy will eventually result in a new album. ?The concept originally of he and I getting back together was ?Let?s write some music together,? ? says Manson. ?But life?s too short, and this has to happen now because we couldn?t stand not being on stage with each other, and wouldn?t want to wait until we made another record to tour. So this tour will spawn another record, one hundred percent.?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #425 on: January 12, 2008, 03:47:54 AM »

dontdiscredit my background knowledge on those works or my ability to dissect them as anything but an overzealous fanboy, which I'm not.

Yeah sorry, it came out sounding more personal than it was supposed to be, the whole matrix- card thing. temptation to say it was just too high to resist! Let's have sex agree to diagree on GAOG and and not even touch the subject of EMDM and be close personal friends forever? <3 <3 <3

Meathead has made absolutely freaking hillarious cartoon describing, in VERY accurate fashion, what happened with Twiggy. Out of all(mostly brilliant) works of him, this would have to be one of the better ones.

It has Manson, Trent,  - - - >Axl Rose < - - - , Roger Waters, Slash, Zeppelin..it has !EVERYTHING!.

http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/cartoon031.htm

« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 03:50:12 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #426 on: January 12, 2008, 01:25:05 PM »

lol thats damn funny!!!

The axl parts are legend

html sucks
GeraldFord
« Reply #427 on: January 13, 2008, 09:56:58 AM »

HA HA, that was great!
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #428 on: January 14, 2008, 03:07:08 AM »

dontdiscredit my background knowledge on those works or my ability to dissect them as anything but an overzealous fanboy, which I'm not.

Yeah sorry, it came out sounding more personal than it was supposed to be, the whole matrix- card thing. temptation to say it was just too high to resist! Let's have sex agree to diagree on GAOG and and not even touch the subject of EMDM and be close personal friends forever? <3 <3 <3

Meathead has made absolutely freaking hillarious cartoon describing, in VERY accurate fashion, what happened with Twiggy. Out of all(mostly brilliant) works of him, this would have to be one of the better ones.

It has Manson, Trent,  - - - >Axl Rose < - - - , Roger Waters, Slash, Zeppelin..it has !EVERYTHING!.

http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/cartoon031.htm

Yes. Let's have sex be close, personal friends forever love Besides, that is one of Meathead's best animations ... ever.
GeraldFord
« Reply #429 on: January 14, 2008, 08:11:01 PM »

Skold is a top class producer and songwriter and probably Manson's best guitarist to date (for Manson ... John 5 is the more talented player).
Be that as it may..every single album since Skold came in and Twigs left has been medioce at best. When it comes  to EMDM, by mediocre I mean utter shit.
So yay, Twiggy returning just might give Manson the kick in the ass he needs.

Loved EMDM...very stripped down and personal and, as always, full of good hooks. Still, glad Twiggy is back.
GeraldFord
« Reply #430 on: January 14, 2008, 08:16:13 PM »

Ok, two things...

(1) What is the "The Matrix Reloaded card"?

(2) Glad to see some people giving props to EMDM and MA, but I really think his best, most underrated work is HolyWood. It was MM best lineup, with both John 5 and Twiggy on board. It just rocks like a bastard....
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #431 on: January 20, 2008, 01:23:03 PM »

Saw the opening show of the new tour last night in Orlando. I wouldnt consider myself a fan but I was impressed with how good the show was. I would definitely see him again.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #432 on: January 20, 2008, 10:14:12 PM »

yeah heres the Orlando setlist, its FANTASTIC!!! fucking COMA WHITE!! (copied from someone who went to see it at the ETS boards)

1) Crucifiction in Space (Manson uses Catwalk)
2) Disposable Teens (speech about Twiggy before DT)
3) Irresponsible Hate Anthem (Manson is all over Twiggy)
4) Great Big White World
5) mOBSCENE (speech about Twiggy's virginity (maybe to these songs, LED Screen is the face from the single, hannibal mask - Rob and Twiggy do back up vocals)
6) If I Was Your Vampire
7) Heart Shaped Glasses (is all over Rob now - crowd missed sing-a-long part, the Evan robot is used)
 Sweet Dreams (head light helmet is used)
9) Lunchbox
10) Rock n Roll Nigger
11) Tourniquet
12) Little Horn (the crowd went insane)
13) Putting Holes in Happiness (Rob's solo is different, but good)
14) The Dope Show ("now .... i need a fix ... cause i'm going down")
15) Rock is Dead
16A) Coma White (Speech: "Only for Orlando ...")
16B) transition in to chorus from COMA BLACK
17) The Reflecting God (speech about being a band for only a few days, something about "Talkin cant loose whore who know to fuck ...." CHRIS PLAYS DRUMS WITH GINGER)
1 The Beautiful People
19) AntiChrist Superstar

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #433 on: January 21, 2008, 12:22:27 AM »

Fucking stellar setlist ok A good dose of MA, plus "Rock 'n' Roll Nigger" and "Little Horn" Shocked Maybe I'm more glad Twiggy's back than I first realized.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #434 on: January 21, 2008, 04:10:25 AM »

I sure hope they hit Denver again this year. Maybe the new record will be out before summer ends. I can't fucking wait to see this line up. drool

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #435 on: January 21, 2008, 09:10:42 AM »

By the way, in response to an earlier post, I was mainly going to the show to see Ours. Very good band, great material. 99% of the crowd in Orlando wanted nothing to do with them and were very vocal in letting them know it throughout the entire set.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #436 on: January 21, 2008, 02:38:38 PM »

i still cant believe twiggy's back. here are some pics:

and a promo pic of both of them:

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #437 on: January 21, 2008, 03:43:05 PM »

twiggy....kinda looks uncool in those live photos, like hes too old to do the make up thing now :/

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #438 on: January 21, 2008, 03:47:55 PM »

twiggy....kinda looks uncool in those live photos, like hes too old to do the make up thing now :/

too old for make up? tell dee snider that hihi

the promo pic looks great
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 03:49:46 PM by CheapJules » Logged
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #439 on: January 21, 2008, 07:10:20 PM »

Just shut your mouth you little shithead. Twiggy looks cool as fuck in those picks. Go jack off on to your Crashdiet albums.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: