Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:07:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Madagascar
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Madagascar  (Read 105374 times)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #600 on: April 22, 2007, 05:26:33 PM »

as an artist i wouldn't it to another artist, and i got extremely pissed off when gnrsucks went for the supposed deal that turned into  "the darknemous incident"

As an "artist" myself I couldn't give a ratts ass if people heard my music before it was finished as long as they knew it was just a demo

With respect, you aren't one of the very few "artists" who stand a chance of turning a profit from their recordings, nor demanding hundreds of thousands of dollars per show. If there were literally millions of dollars at stake you'd want to present the best possible recordings and shows, wouldn't you?

nicely said Smiley

Chinese Democracy!
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #601 on: April 23, 2007, 03:40:50 AM »

as an artist i wouldn't it to another artist, and i got extremely pissed off when gnrsucks went for the supposed deal that turned into? "the darknemous incident"

As an "artist" myself I couldn't give a ratts ass if people heard my music before it was finished as long as they knew it was just a demo

With respect, you aren't one of the very few "artists" who stand a chance of turning a profit from their recordings, nor demanding hundreds of thousands of dollars per show. If there were literally millions of dollars at stake you'd want to present the best possible recordings and shows, wouldn't you?

Well put!  ok

Stavanger-rock-city!!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #602 on: April 23, 2007, 07:57:10 AM »

i say, fck demos, there going to spoil it heaps, because the sound quality is heaps good,
we will keep listening to it, and by the time the album comes around,

well just be listening to 4 -5 songs on repeat, and be sick of the others,

ive already ruined it with better, (07 leak) even though I think the middle bridge in that is waaaaay to soft,

Dont download anymore leaks as tempting as it is.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #603 on: April 23, 2007, 04:54:05 PM »

^^^
Easier said than done... when your favorite band hasn't put out new material in a long ass time, a new leak is like throwing a T-bone in front of a starving man.  We, collectively, are starving fans.  yes
ben9785
« Reply #604 on: April 23, 2007, 06:32:04 PM »

Okay, of course hearing demos suck because they are works in progress, unfinished pieces of music that aren't meant to be heard, yes, it might spoil the music when the final version comes out, but then there is the argument of throwing a t-bone in front of a starving man like surforia said, which can be reasoned because obviously we haven't had new material yet other than live bootlegs.. Ultimately though you can be very sure that the final versions of the songs we've already heard are going to be much better than what we've heard, in terms of sound quality, instrument mixing/balance etc.. look at the difference between the first demo of "Better" we heard and the second version, which was apparently just an "experimental mix".. listen to the difference between those two..
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #605 on: April 23, 2007, 06:39:28 PM »

Ultimately though you can be very sure that the final versions of the songs we've already heard are going to be much better than what we've heard, in terms of sound quality, instrument mixing/balance etc..
I can say that for IRS. Live, it sounds much more rocking than the demos. It's not my case, but I believe a lot of people thinks the same with Madagascar.

look at the difference between the first demo of "Better" we heard and the second version, which was apparently just an "experimental mix".. listen to the difference between those two..
I like the first one. The second has rhythm guitars and Bucket too low for my taste.

ben9785
« Reply #606 on: April 23, 2007, 06:47:06 PM »

Ultimately though you can be very sure that the final versions of the songs we've already heard are going to be much better than what we've heard, in terms of sound quality, instrument mixing/balance etc..
I can say that for IRS. Live, it sounds much more rocking than the demos. It's not my case, but I believe a lot of people thinks the same with Madagascar.

look at the difference between the first demo of "Better" we heard and the second version, which was apparently just an "experimental mix".. listen to the difference between those two..
I like the first one. The second has rhythm guitars and Bucket too low for my taste.

Fair enough, but I just mean generally, the instruments sound alot more clearer.. the first demo sounds a little bit muddy.. but of course, as you said the solo is a bit more quiet.. but it is just a experimental mix, so I'm sure they will find a better balance for the album version.. there's so many layers going on in the song they need to try account for everything
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #607 on: April 24, 2007, 06:45:33 PM »

For some reason this song reminds me of No Quarter by Led Zeppelin
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #608 on: April 24, 2007, 07:43:28 PM »

Fair enough, but I just mean generally, the instruments sound alot more clearer.. the first demo sounds a little bit muddy.. but of course, as you said the solo is a bit more quiet.. but it is just a experimental mix, so I'm sure they will find a better balance for the album version.. there's so many layers going on in the song they need to try account for everything
I'm sure the final version will have a better mix with both Better and Madagascar. At least I hope so... No demo had proper mix to really have a full musical experience.

Getizzyback
Headliner

Gotta Lite? FUc.....

« Reply #609 on: April 25, 2007, 02:16:35 AM »

i say, fck demos, there going to spoil it heaps, because the sound quality is heaps good,
Dont download anymore leaks as tempting as it is.

Fine , that's your choice , you have the right not to download
if you so choose , but some of us , would like to hear the demos.
I may die before the album comes out , would be nice to have heard
some of the songs before I died! Undecided

Anyone here need a "Banned aid"?
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #610 on: April 25, 2007, 04:03:01 PM »

the guitar solo with the quotes is the most intense minute of music i have ever heard...so powerful...............

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #611 on: April 25, 2007, 04:08:09 PM »

the guitar solo with the quotes is the most intense minute of music i have ever heard...so powerful...............

you kidding? it sounds really forced; trying to be powerful but falling far short thanks to an overly long MLK speech sample and a lazy unimaginative guitar solo from someone who has proved they can write much better (eg. TWAT solo)

there are many GNR songs that are tonnes more powerful

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #612 on: April 25, 2007, 04:10:25 PM »

you kidding? it sounds really forced; trying to be powerful but falling far short thanks to an overly long MLK speech sample and a lazy unimaginative guitar solo from someone who has proved they can write much better (eg. TWAT solo)

i don`t think he`s kidding.....   i also think the solo is awesome ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #613 on: April 25, 2007, 05:17:48 PM »

I have a hunch (just guessing) that there might be more of that kind of stuff on CD.  If you found it forced, you may end up disappointed.....

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #614 on: April 25, 2007, 06:05:32 PM »

Okay, of course hearing demos suck because they are works in progress, unfinished pieces of music that aren't meant to be heard, yes, it might spoil the music when the final version comes out, but then there is the argument of throwing a t-bone in front of a starving man like surforia said, which can be reasoned because obviously we haven't had new material yet other than live bootlegs.. Ultimately though you can be very sure that the final versions of the songs we've already heard are going to be much better than what we've heard, in terms of sound quality, instrument mixing/balance etc.. look at the difference between the first demo of "Better" we heard and the second version, which was apparently just an "experimental mix".. listen to the difference between those two..

I disagree. Hearing demos is great because you see the progress made on songs. Granted, I'd rather hear the final version first and then discover demos later to find out how they come up with something but the choice is/was not in our hands.

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #615 on: April 25, 2007, 06:26:30 PM »

For some reason this song reminds me of No Quarter by Led Zeppelin
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #616 on: April 25, 2007, 07:13:21 PM »

The Final part remembers me to LED Zepellin. There are no Doubts?

Maddy = JEWEL.

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #617 on: April 25, 2007, 07:18:26 PM »

i don`t think he`s kidding.....? ?i also think the solo is awesome ok

im not kidding...............

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #618 on: April 25, 2007, 10:43:36 PM »

I just wish the solo was louder and the quotes softer. 
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #619 on: April 25, 2007, 11:50:14 PM »

I think, actually I KNOW the finalized version will be beyond a masterpiece...this is THE BEST new song by far.  That's why he unleashed it during the 2002 VMA's.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: