Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:54:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  South African shows cancelled
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] Go Down Print
Author Topic: South African shows cancelled  (Read 94956 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #740 on: April 25, 2007, 01:11:06 PM »

The point of ALL band websites is to make money.  When they announce tourdates on a website, it's so people will buy tickets.  When they announce album releases, it's so people will buy albums.

Lol thank you Danny. I was about to say the same thing. Some people can be so stupid sometimes.

gnrevolution.com
gnfnr2006
« Reply #741 on: April 25, 2007, 01:12:23 PM »

My point was that Axl doesnt really give 2 shits about the fans. Now he may not allow for security to beat up a guy IN FRONT OF HIM, but it is ALL about the $$. There is no concience telling him how to treat us. Its obvious.

You guys just dont get it- its not about making money cause they want more. Its about making money because the ship is going down. Its like a crackhead robbing someone for crack. GNR doesnt give a fuck who the $ comes from or what they have to do to get it. If they dont get X amount of dollars, the ship(which is already sinking) will be sunk in no time.  THERE IS NO UPDATE ON THE SITE BECAUSE THEY DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE FANS. THEY ARE TRYING TO COLLECT ENOUGH MONEY TO KEEP THE GNR NAME FROM GOING UNDER AND THEY WILL STOP AT NOTHING TO ENSURE IT!!!!!

Jack you said it best- some people can be so stupid !!!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 01:16:54 PM by gnfnr2006 » Logged
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #742 on: April 25, 2007, 01:16:58 PM »

The point of ALL band websites is to make money.? When they announce tourdates on a website, it's so people will buy tickets.? When they announce album releases, it's so people will buy albums.

Yeah, but a successful websites tempers the sales pitches with content.

People wouldn't go to a site that was nothing but popups and banner ads.? There has to be some information on the site too.

GNR's site is severely lacking.? And for no reason... There are plenty of fascinating things they could be writing about on their site.

For instance, if HTGTH didn't post news and didn't have a forum, I doubt they'd be able to sell many of those official sweatshirts.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 01:22:11 PM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
KillKurtzKids
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #743 on: April 25, 2007, 01:26:28 PM »

Great point about the money, well until you use your brain anyway. If Axl needed the money, would he continue to pay 7 guys to continue this project when he could easily fire them and release the album with the material already recorded? Hmmm. Actually when you really start to think about this you have to question a few other things. Why would they not go to the shows they've spent money advertising? Don't bands make a lot of money from ticket sales and festival appearances? And why, if they simply wanted to get hits on a website, not just announce a fake release date or even just link themselves on other peoples sites? This isn't making much sense!

There are also two other massive elephants in the room. If Axl wants money... why doesn't he release an album? And the other fat elephant starring us in the face... why doesn't he just do a reunion tour and become rich beyond his wildest dreams?

Please, if you do insist on speaking, please use your brain first. Thank you.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #744 on: April 25, 2007, 01:36:36 PM »

...or, why not license the old songs to EVERYTHING that wants them?  Lots of money to be made there and I'm sure the demand is there.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #745 on: April 25, 2007, 01:42:52 PM »

the SA shows must be cancelled, it's even on teletext in Belgium
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #746 on: April 25, 2007, 01:49:43 PM »

i doubt they are gonna postpone a festival hihi

MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #747 on: April 25, 2007, 01:55:19 PM »

...or, why not license the old songs to EVERYTHING that wants them?? Lots of money to be made there and I'm sure the demand is there.

Sadly, I think it'll come to that before Axl would be able to swallow his pride and runite with the members of Velvet Revolver.

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #748 on: April 25, 2007, 01:57:22 PM »

the SA shows must be cancelled, it's even on teletext in Belgium

Are you saying the 2 shows have been completely cancelled, or just for GNR showing up?

gnfnr2006
« Reply #749 on: April 25, 2007, 02:01:04 PM »

Great point about the money, well until you use your brain anyway. If Axl needed the money, would he continue to pay 7 guys to continue this project when he could easily fire them and release the album with the material already recorded? Hmmm. Actually when you really start to think about this you have to question a few other things. Why would they not go to the shows they've spent money advertising? Don't bands make a lot of money from ticket sales and festival appearances? And why, if they simply wanted to get hits on a website, not just announce a fake release date or even just link themselves on other peoples sites? This isn't making much sense!

There are also two other massive elephants in the room. If Axl wants money... why doesn't he release an album? And the other fat elephant starring us in the face... why doesn't he just do a reunion tour and become rich beyond his wildest dreams?

Please, if you do insist on speaking, please use your brain first. Thank you.

Well lets see...where to start...
Well first you cant fire the guys, cause you gotta have someone to tour with. You think he pays them that much? Im sure the promise of BIG money is when the album drops, and thats why bucket and brain left, they were tired of waiting for promised money, and could see the ship sinking.

Second, he wont release the album intil hes sure its perfect. If he doesnt think its perfect then noone will buy it(no $) and noone will want to go see them live(no $) !!!

Next- the shows theve spent $ advertising? Theyve done alomost no advertising, and the promotor does that anyway- get it- promoter !!! one who promotes !!

Hits on a website? Noonne said anything about trying to get hits on a website- theres no $ hits, ok ?

Next, a reunion- Axl doesnt want to admit he was wrong #1 and he doesnt want to share $ with the old band members, or havent you kept up with whats been goin on with the royalties and lawsuits Huh ?

Please- take you own advice and think before you post !! ?Or at least review it first before you make the same point/question more than once !!

gnfnr2006
« Reply #750 on: April 25, 2007, 02:01:52 PM »

...or, why not license the old songs to EVERYTHING that wants them?? Lots of money to be made there and I'm sure the demand is there.

Sadly, I think it'll come to that before Axl would be able to swallow his pride and runite with the members of Velvet Revolver.

The old songs are already sold !!!!! HELLO Huh?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #751 on: April 25, 2007, 02:13:26 PM »

yeah and you'd think canceling shows is profitable. yes

i think the fans objective view on a band is important.. just as important for the band then the fans.
You can like a band, and think they make bad moves, you can like a band, and think they replaced a musican
with wrong man. You can like a band, and still think one of theyr songs sucks.. Its important to remain objectiv.
But whats going on in the "inner circle" in the GnR camp. No one on this board actually knows.

I think its ok for people to say: """""I think Tommy could be replaced""""" or things like that. But you cant change the fact
that they are not doing it. Coz im pretty sure, the more people complaine about it, the more the band stand by its choise.

Objective is good. Bud judging by no inside information is just plain stupid. I really repsect GnR`s choise to postphone the tour
and think its ok. I may have fellt abit different if they canceled in Norway, but thats not my point of view right no.

They could replace Tommy? We actually dont know that. Maybe they could, or maybe there were some things that made it difficult..

Hey good post. beer

Subjectively speaking, I'd much prefer to wait for a while to see the band with Tommy, in good condition rather than with his sub. I wouldn't complain as far as I enjoy the show, tho.

I buy guns n roses tickets because of guns n roses.

U2 postponed their world tour last year due to the illness of a family member of one of the band.
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #752 on: April 25, 2007, 02:16:34 PM »

The old songs are already sold !!!!! HELLO Huh?

I thought Axl was able to get the publishing rights back when he and Merck split.

gnfnr2006
« Reply #753 on: April 25, 2007, 02:27:24 PM »

That may be so, but I would doubt it. I have not heard that.  Maybe Jarmo call inform us with in infinite wisdom.
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #754 on: April 25, 2007, 02:33:11 PM »

I was really heartbroken to hear that Axl had pawned the publishing rights to all those great old songs.

I really do hope he managed to get them back.

I'd hate to see "It's So Easy" used to schill microwave dinners one day.

I'd hate it even more to think that Merck would get royalty checks for it.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #755 on: April 25, 2007, 02:55:05 PM »

Sanctuary publishing handles his rights now and slash and duff have theirs.

Judging from slash and duff's complaint against axl, which was withdrawn in the end,  Axl was the one who had prevented the classic numbers from being over exposed.

utterly Off topic.
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #756 on: April 26, 2007, 08:32:51 AM »

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/27950

Old news but its new on the NME site.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: