Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:40:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash wants reunion!!!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash wants reunion!!!  (Read 6800 times)
theMinister
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: April 26, 2007, 01:01:11 AM »

If only........

http://www.andpop.com/article/9084

Rocker SLASH has given fans of GUNS N' ROSES and STONE TEMPLE PILOTS a boost - he thinks the members of his new band Velvet Revolver should return to their roots for a reunion tour.

The guitarist has opened discussions about a possible joint Guns N' Roses and Stone Temple Pilots after telling Brazil's MTV he doesn't think such a plan is impossible.

As part of the plan, he, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum would return to Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland would take centre stage with the disbanded STP.

Slash says, "It would be a good idea to get, just for a couple of shows, the original STP and the original Guns N' Roses just for the fun of it."

The news comes as Slash reveals he and his Velvet Revolver bandmates have agreed to drop the Guns N' Roses and STP songs from their set list later this year.

von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 01:13:06 AM »

Oh dear fuck.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 01:19:41 AM »

Post this in a Stone Temple Pilots forum, maybe they do give a fuck about it (they should)

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
padje
Rocker

Breakdown! (No I mean it... break it all down...)

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 01:22:59 AM »

Slash says, "It would be a good idea to get, just for a couple of shows, the original STP and the original Guns N' Roses just for the fun of it."

He means 'just for the money'. Btw, this is old news.
dariano
Headliner

Double talkin' jive, Get the money motherfucker!

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 01:25:10 AM »

the likelyhood of this ever happening is very slim, and Slim is out of town, so Slime will have to fill in!
theMinister
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 01:26:23 AM »

Yeah I don't think Axl would be interested....
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 06:55:28 AM »

Haha, fuck no. Pathetic suggestion.
It would be an insult to the new members to put Slash and Duff and Matt there in their place, too much bad blood between those three and Axl too. Doubt it could ever work. I don't want it.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 11:20:54 AM »

agreed.   slash seems to forget that W. Axl Rose gives no fuck about reuniting with him.  ok
Paranoid
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 12:27:55 PM »

Well Axl doesn't give a fuck yet, but wait when chinese democracy sells 100,000 copies and he realizes that he isn't shit and that GNR is the other original members too, not just him. Man, if someone could knock some sense into this guy's head and make him behave like an adult.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 02:26:20 PM by Paranoid » Logged
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 01:11:34 PM »

Man, if someone could make me behave like an adult.

Ahahahaha!!!! I wish so too!
Step out of the 90s and grow a brain while you're at it, we don't need your kind around here.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Paranoid
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 02:27:07 PM »

Africa, good catch, i meant to say make him behave as an adult. By the way, what kind do you need around here ?
thenextslash
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 03:35:50 PM »

i hope it happens I think Chinese Democracy is gonna sell a lot and i dont think a lot of the songs are gonna be great they will probly be to produced with way too much synth and that is what will make the songs not that good. I think a year or two after CD comes out and the new band tours then the original will probly get back together Axl knows how great they were they were the greatest band in the world. But theres no way CD is only gonna sell 100,000 copies this is the most talked about record ever.                         peace
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 04:12:13 PM »

Well Axl doesn't give a fuck yet, but wait when chinese democracy sells 100,000 copies and he realizes that he isn't shit and that GNR is the other original members too, not just him. Man, if someone could knock some sense into this guy's head and make him behave like an adult.
if contraturd sold like 2 million records.. CD will sel a lot more than that shit

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 05:07:05 PM »

maybe you outta find a VR board or something.  If you don't support the guys in the band now, go away.    Saying you wish to knock some sense into Axl so that he'll bring the old members back is hugely disrespectful to the guys in the band now. 

get on board or fuck off.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 05:10:31 PM by Jim Bob » Logged
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 05:54:36 PM »

Why Slash talks constantly about a reunion and Axl doesn't? Have you ever thought about it?

Compare Slash's present in VR and Axl's present in HIS band, Guns N' Roses...

Axl doesn't give a flying fuck about Slash deliriums, and will not give a flying fuck even if Chinese Democracy doesn't sell 3 copies worldwide.

You (and Slash) should start to acknowledge that. Stop waiting for something that won't occur, and start enjoying one of the few rock and roll myths that are (hopefully) still alive.

And like someone said, saying you wish the old members back is very disrespectful to the current Guns N' Roses members, and this forum is dedicated to them.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 07:11:24 PM »

Chinese Democracy will sell 100,000 copies alright.  On the first day it's released, that is

There will never be a reunion, because there are too many egos involved, too much bad blood, and none of the old band members aside from Adler need the money
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 07:14:39 PM »

Why Slash talks constantly about a reunion and Axl doesn't? Have you ever thought about it?

Does he?, please show me

Compare Slash's present in VR and Axl's present in HIS band, Guns N' Roses...

What's there to compare?
Paranoid
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 09:38:07 PM »

Whoa I had no idea everyone here is an Axl fan and everybody else who thought differently should stay away. Hmmm. Anyway, the way I see it, they all been friends for over 20 years now, supposely shared a room or a floor when they were trying to make it big. Than succes comes, live the dream and then stop talking to each other ? I mean, this is some teenage stuff. Slash and whoever else is being an adult here seriously.
 I said if CD sold 100,000... and I didn't mean that. I was trying to suggest that it wouldn't be a huge success, maybe Axl and Co would get a dose or reality. I went saw them in Baltimore last year for the first time and believe me, that was a dream come true. But to be honest, I went to hear the old songs. And if GNR went out and played only new songs, I would think twice about paying to see them.
 So in conclusion, all of you have to accept other peoples' ideas even thought they might be different from yours. Peace
The Kaizer
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 09:53:42 PM »

Why would they do this? They are both at such different points musically in their lives, it wouldn't make any sense.
I know there are lots of people who want a reunion, but it's just so unrealistic.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2007, 03:16:44 AM »

agreed.? ?slash seems to forget that W. Axl Rose gives no fuck about reuniting with him.? ok

And some people seem to forget this topic has been posted a dozen times already, so no-one should give a fuck about a new thread about it. Grin

I just love how people twist Slash's words around though... hihi

He was asked and gave an answer no different to what he's said ever since leaving, that he's either way about a reunion. If Slash came out and said "I want a reunion with GN'R!!!" without even being asked, it may be a different story. But he didn't, he just anwered a question he was given in the same usual laid-back manner he always has.

Move on people. ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: