Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 03:52:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R in Australia (2 additional shows announced & sold out shows)
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R in Australia (2 additional shows announced & sold out shows)  (Read 122456 times)
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #620 on: June 10, 2007, 04:56:00 AM »

The Sydney public transport system is unreliable at the moment....people have been stranded......maybe drive.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #621 on: June 10, 2007, 05:37:36 AM »

Thanks Stolat

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #622 on: June 12, 2007, 05:42:25 AM »

Adelaide raido has been playing Rose Tattoo and GnR songs all day - and giving away tickets!!

Angry Anderson went on air saying that he was proud to be one of the main musical influences for Guns N Roses....

BRING IT ON! LET'S GET THE PARTY STARTED  ADELAIDE!!!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #623 on: June 12, 2007, 06:02:17 AM »

Go here to the Adelaide entertainment centre http://www.adelent.sa.gov.au/, i noise up real loud and it scared me lol..

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #624 on: June 12, 2007, 06:05:04 AM »

rofl rofl rofl rofl :rofl:I see what you mean!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
badapple81
« Reply #625 on: June 13, 2007, 02:05:14 AM »

I'm in Melbourne now chilling out for a couple of days.. all ready for Friday's show!!? Cheesy

I just walked past Rod Laver Arena.. I've seen it before but when I looked at it today it looks massive.. very impressive arena for GNR to sell out. I wish the floor was sectioned off like Sydney and Brissy tho.

Can't wait!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 02:09:15 AM by gunnerdownunder » Logged
Blackrose
Rocker

Here Today...Already been to Hell!

« Reply #626 on: June 13, 2007, 09:01:43 AM »

Anyone got any info on what merchandise is available at the Aussie shows?

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #627 on: June 16, 2007, 01:48:56 PM »

Monster of rock heads for paradise city

Christine Sams
June 17, 2007

THE countdown has begun for Sydney's Guns N' Roses fans, who have waited more than 14 years to see W. Axl Rose return to the stage in Australia.

Rose, who performed on Friday night in Melbourne, will be in Sydney this week before two sold-out concerts next weekend.

The legendary Guns N' Roses frontman, who disappeared from public view after selling tens of millions of albums with the rock band in the early 1990s, has returned to the stage in fiery form, performing lengthy concerts in Perth and Melbourne.

The set list, which includes all of Guns N' Roses' best-known hits, stretches to more than two hours.

The band, once the best-known rock group in the world, no longer has guitarist Slash or bass player Duff McKagan- mainly because of infighting.

But Rose is the star attraction for the Sydney concerts, with up to 40,000 fans expected to see the band over two nights at Homebush's Acer Arena.

The reclusive singer is expected to make some low-key visits to tourist attractions during his stay.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/monster-of-rock/2007/06/16/1181414609213.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #628 on: June 16, 2007, 10:00:27 PM »

According to gunnerdownunder, they have the same stuff that's on the gnr online store site. ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Megaguns
« Reply #629 on: June 17, 2007, 12:04:34 AM »

According to gunnerdownunder, they have the same stuff that's on the gnr online store site. ok
They have heaps, its expensive as.... I just got a poster and stubby holder, Ill get a shirt in sydney.
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #630 on: June 17, 2007, 02:27:27 AM »

Axl should come to firday nights game Manly V Bulldogs at Brookie oval and do some half time entertainment drool

Blackrose
Rocker

« Reply #631 on: June 17, 2007, 11:40:20 AM »

Here's some merchandise I got from the Melbourne show.

A few T-shirts.
?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Long sleeeve T

Also got a GN'R stubbie holder.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 11:42:15 AM by Blackrose » Logged

badapple81
« Reply #632 on: June 18, 2007, 05:32:26 AM »

I can do updates for both Sydney shows.. let me know if u want to receive the texts and post on here.
Blackrose
Rocker

« Reply #633 on: June 18, 2007, 06:06:46 AM »

^^ I can receive updates for the second show on the 24th. If anyone wants to send them I can receive text and pics via mms(got my new phone).
Send me a pm and I will give you my mobile number
gunnerdownunder have you still got my number? if not pm me and i'll send it to you. beer

badapple81
« Reply #634 on: June 18, 2007, 06:08:33 AM »

Cool second show sorted.

Let me know who wants to receive first show updates.

I'll PM u blackrose  peace
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #635 on: June 18, 2007, 07:04:18 AM »

The shirts don't have the actual tour dates on the back? Bit dissapointed in that  Undecided
LanceLazer
Opening Act

Beers, Boobs n Rock & Roll!

« Reply #636 on: June 18, 2007, 08:32:55 AM »

I posted this on another forum, so just a cross post (and let me just say that you guys would appreciate this more, but FUCK I am regretting not talking to Robin, FUCK FUCK FUCK... me and my damn nerves):

Tuesday night me and the mrs bought a whole box of different grog.. bourbon, scotch, vodka - it was party time. We went with our deck chairs to the ent cent and had a hard time sleeping i the fucking FREEZING COLD.

Woke up, a line started to form, mates came, started hitting the grog... acoustic guitars came down, people were giving us money to play requests and shit, it was just an amazingly good day.

Finally, we went in...

Rose Tattoo were solid, not entirely the best, but solid. Angry has a mean motherfuckin' stance on that stage, love it.

Baz came up next... right up the front, he was lookin straight at me when they played The Threat and I was singin' along. He wasn't as good as he was in Melb last year - a lot more screamy shit instead of chestal stuff, which was a tad disappointing, but it was still a rockin show.

Then Gunners came on and blew me the fuck away. Best concert I've ever seen. They played all 5 newies that I was hoping to see in the one night! The Chi Dem / Madagascar one two sucker punch for the start of the encore was amazing. The Blues live was fucking magical... and

AXL SOUNDED BETTER THAN EVER. Seriously, people actually thought he was lip synching... he blew Bach out of the water. Especially his renditions of Live and Let Die and Knockin' on Heavens Door.

The solos were fucking awesome... Robin's is a big bluesy piece called Sossego, Dizzy played Angie by the Stones, Richie came out and shredded a bit then was joined by Robin for some fun and Bumblefoot played some crazy ass tapping stuff then Don't Cry including vocal melody.

And Paradise City is just the most amazing rock & roll celebration live... everyone singing along, the light show, pyros, everything.

Both Melbourne nights were just as solid, but the Adelaide one was my favourite. They also played Rocket Queen in Melb on the Saturday night with Axl riding out on a push bike he'd bought that day, that was pretty schweet.

A classic Axl quote:

"I can't wait to get home and rip of Kylie Minogue's panties. *long silence* They're really startin' to hurt my balls."

Like I said, Saturday night got to go backstage. Everyone came out except for Axl (my friends got to party with him the night before though). They wouldn't let anyone with any shirts that featured ex members back there, they had to swap into a new tour shirt, haha - awesome. Baz was a prima donna and a loud motherfucker (with an annoying voice after a while). I didn't meet him though.. stood next to him while he was talking with our group though. Didn't meet any Gunners, they were pretty popular... Robin (one of my top 5 guitarists) came up near me and said: "Hi" ... I shat myself and said: "Howdy" then he walked off. FUCKING IDIOT I WAS. Had so much I wanted to say, but too fucking nervous. Champion guy though (with my favourite stage presence out of the lot of them... walks like a drunk guy trying to look posh, I love it).

Rob De Luca is the nicest guy ever - having a yarn to him and everyone who came up he'd introduce me to them as 'this is my friend Lazer'. Their new drummer Jason West is a fucking cool bloke as well - loves a laugh.

Johnny Chromatic is funny as "Tooheys.... uhh... IT GETS YA DRUNK!" and Metal Mike was only interested in getting some action, hard to talk to.

So yeah, any question I'm happy to answer... wish I could go through it all again.

ROCK!

http://www.myspace.com/lancelazer

...God have mercy on the man
Who doubts what he's sure of...
kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #637 on: June 18, 2007, 08:54:10 AM »

I posted this on another forum, so just a cross post (and let me just say that you guys would appreciate this more, but FUCK I am regretting not talking to Robin, FUCK FUCK FUCK... me and my damn nerves):

Tuesday night me and the mrs bought a whole box of different grog.. bourbon, scotch, vodka - it was party time. We went with our deck chairs to the ent cent and had a hard time sleeping i the fucking FREEZING COLD.

Woke up, a line started to form, mates came, started hitting the grog... acoustic guitars came down, people were giving us money to play requests and shit, it was just an amazingly good day.

Finally, we went in...

Rose Tattoo were solid, not entirely the best, but solid. Angry has a mean motherfuckin' stance on that stage, love it.

Baz came up next... right up the front, he was lookin straight at me when they played The Threat and I was singin' along. He wasn't as good as he was in Melb last year - a lot more screamy shit instead of chestal stuff, which was a tad disappointing, but it was still a rockin show.

Then Gunners came on and blew me the fuck away. Best concert I've ever seen. They played all 5 newies that I was hoping to see in the one night! The Chi Dem / Madagascar one two sucker punch for the start of the encore was amazing. The Blues live was fucking magical... and

AXL SOUNDED BETTER THAN EVER. Seriously, people actually thought he was lip synching... he blew Bach out of the water. Especially his renditions of Live and Let Die and Knockin' on Heavens Door.

The solos were fucking awesome... Robin's is a big bluesy piece called Sossego, Dizzy played Angie by the Stones, Richie came out and shredded a bit then was joined by Robin for some fun and Bumblefoot played some crazy ass tapping stuff then Don't Cry including vocal melody.

And Paradise City is just the most amazing rock & roll celebration live... everyone singing along, the light show, pyros, everything.

Both Melbourne nights were just as solid, but the Adelaide one was my favourite. They also played Rocket Queen in Melb on the Saturday night with Axl riding out on a push bike he'd bought that day, that was pretty schweet.

A classic Axl quote:

"I can't wait to get home and rip of Kylie Minogue's panties. *long silence* They're really startin' to hurt my balls."

Like I said, Saturday night got to go backstage. Everyone came out except for Axl (my friends got to party with him the night before though). They wouldn't let anyone with any shirts that featured ex members back there, they had to swap into a new tour shirt, haha - awesome. Baz was a prima donna and a loud motherfucker (with an annoying voice after a while). I didn't meet him though.. stood next to him while he was talking with our group though. Didn't meet any Gunners, they were pretty popular... Robin (one of my top 5 guitarists) came up near me and said: "Hi" ... I shat myself and said: "Howdy" then he walked off. FUCKING IDIOT I WAS. Had so much I wanted to say, but too fucking nervous. Champion guy though (with my favourite stage presence out of the lot of them... walks like a drunk guy trying to look posh, I love it).

Rob De Luca is the nicest guy ever - having a yarn to him and everyone who came up he'd introduce me to them as 'this is my friend Lazer'. Their new drummer Jason West is a fucking cool bloke as well - loves a laugh.

Johnny Chromatic is funny as "Tooheys.... uhh... IT GETS YA DRUNK!" and Metal Mike was only interested in getting some action, hard to talk to.

So yeah, any question I'm happy to answer... wish I could go through it all again.

ROCK!

As much as I loved the Adelaide show I was disappointed to miss out on Sydney and and Melbourne due to them being sell outs and I'd imagine the atmosphere was/will be electric but I'm glad the more intimate Adelaide setting is holding the flame, really makes the bill worth it to know we witnessed something special. That quote is the funniest shit I've heard in a long time, hope somebody got a picture of the bike. Old G'N'R shirts being turned down is probably a good idea. Lucky bastards.
Can anybody tell me what is said word for word during the KOHD crowd participation piece in Adelaide? Can only make out the first sentence regarding the crowd from the replay I've seen.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #638 on: June 18, 2007, 09:14:43 AM »

Nope!......man! were we screaming our heads off or what!!   Grin

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #639 on: June 18, 2007, 06:14:48 PM »

As much as I loved the Adelaide show I was disappointed to miss out on Sydney and and Melbourne due to them being sell outs and I'd imagine the atmosphere was/will be electric but I'm glad the more intimate Adelaide setting is holding the flame, really makes the bill worth it to know we witnessed something special. That quote is the funniest shit I've heard in a long time, hope somebody got a picture of the bike. Old G'N'R shirts being turned down is probably a good idea. Lucky bastards.
Can anybody tell me what is said word for word during the KOHD crowd participation piece in Adelaide? Can only make out the first sentence regarding the crowd from the replay I've seen.

Man there is stil tickets available for both shows in Sydney.... Ticketek.com.au

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: