Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 01:26:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227832 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnR Wikipedia - Mixing completed?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnR Wikipedia - Mixing completed?  (Read 5469 times)
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« on: May 06, 2007, 12:13:14 PM »

Probably false and been reported before, but the Gnr Wikipedia reports Bumblefoot saying mixing was completed as of April 2nd? Anyone know anything about this or have I missed something?
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 12:13:55 PM »

He was misquoted in an interview, if I remember correctly?
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 12:30:35 PM »

yeah its bullshit, i mean, its probably done and everything but no ones told us yet.

and for future referance anyone can go to wikapedia and change things around. Of course anyone would include some one from the band perhaps but i doubt it highly.

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
axi rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 01:47:59 PM »

I don't trust that site with this type of information.  Why would it be on there first anyway?

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 02:19:54 PM »

I don't trust that site with this type of information.  Why would it be on there first anyway?

remember that wikipedia can be edited by anyone..
MikeFrett
Headliner

Don't damn me

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 03:06:39 PM »

Yes it can. But remember, there is always someone that can come in behind you to correct the info.
overmatik
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 05:50:36 PM »

Someone will correct, come on, let's focus on the serious subjects=leaks!
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 06:33:20 PM »

you can never trust wikipedia anyway as anyone can write anything on it, and its not supervised in any reasonable sense of the word so in essence don't believe anything on wikipedia

infact don't use it unless you want unreliable information (or just as a place to start looking and get backgorund knowledge) if you want specific information look else where

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2007, 07:38:30 PM »

Dark probably wrote than man...c'mon.
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 06:31:11 AM »

Yes it can. But remember, there is always someone that can come in behind you to correct the info.

...and behind the person who corrects you is someone who can misinform you, and behind that person is someone who will draw a penis using ASCII    etc. etc. etc.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 08:55:38 AM »

...and behind the person who corrects you is someone who can misinform you, and behind that person is someone who will draw a penis using ASCII? ? etc. etc. etc.

You know what would really help in this matter? If the people who actually know whats going on would inform the rest of us??

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 08:59:37 AM »

...and behind the person who corrects you is someone who can misinform you, and behind that person is someone who will draw a penis using ASCII    etc. etc. etc.

You know what would really help in this matter? If the people who actually know whats going on would inform the rest of us??

well sometimes they do... sometimes they dont.
if they informed us on when the mixing started, I guess they'd inform us when the mixing is done.
imagine they informed us every time the mixing wasnt done?
but it would be nice if we got an estimate sometimes....

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 09:59:53 AM »

As far as I can tell, another update just saying "mixing is done" would cause frustration among the group of fans who demand updates.

You just want to hear a release date. Right?

We've been reading about how you want updates for ages now and every update so far has been "disappointing" for some of you.

Also, if they just announce "mixing is done" at this point, that'll mean there's gonna be a lot of "so, mastering can't take more than X days which means it'll come out on the XXth of Month Z".

What happens? A bunch of people start expecting it around that date and feel let down if it doesn't happen.

I know that doesn't apply to all fans, but it just seems like a of the expectations are based on your own theories and timetables.

My opinion on it is that they're working on getting it out as soon as possible. Whatever they're doing, mixing, mastering, artwork, promotion, videos or whatever else is usually done before an album is out, is not that important.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 10:05:00 AM »

I agree, all the speculation that goes along with it is pointless.   It makes sense to wait until everything is 100% certain before announcing anything or people will just be disappoitned.
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 10:08:08 AM »

My opinion on it is that they're working on getting it out as soon as possible. Whatever they're doing, mixing, mastering, artwork, promotion, videos or whatever else is usually done before an album is out, is not that important.

/jarmo

well its not that important man but hey would be fun to hear or read about it man as a gnr fan every info is welcome
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 04:40:18 PM »

As far as I can tell, another update just saying "mixing is done" would cause frustration among the group of fans who demand updates.

You just want to hear a release date. Right?

We've been reading about how you want updates for ages now and every update so far has been "disappointing" for some of you.

Also, if they just announce "mixing is done" at this point, that'll mean there's gonna be a lot of "so, mastering can't take more than X days which means it'll come out on the XXth of Month Z".

What happens? A bunch of people start expecting it around that date and feel let down if it doesn't happen.

I know that doesn't apply to all fans, but it just seems like a of the expectations are based on your own theories and timetables.

/jarmo

I'm equally annoyed at people ridiculously speculating and moaning about lack of updates, then the quality of the updates, or even how well they are written... but, I have been put off writing and commenting by more than just this. I want to post a comment on an intelligent, thoughtful discussion board that can also have a joke and good time without fear of negative karma/being attacked etc.

I'm sure intentions are great across the board, but sometimes comments like this can put even the people that aren't being targetted off. I enjoy updates and I enjoy the processes involved in releasing an album. I enjoy talking about it, and researching it and I hope that we can discuss all the details, drawing in examples of where it has been done before. Being in a band myself makes it evermore interesting to learn what these processes are - hence, should someone from the band or studio comment that mixing is complete, I would welcome an intelligent conversation on it. Some people will always be ungrateful - unfortunate, but let's not comment on it and let that prevent us from talking about these things. I also hope that people can see past these few who whinge and moan (they always will) - I hope whoever is responsible for providing updates etc are sensible enough to appreciate that communication like this is welcomed and it goes some way towards showing respect towards fans etc - its just a decent thing to do.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

Bob

Back In Power
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 04:46:32 PM »

I dont think band owe us anything anymore.
after the leaks we dont have moral grounds to aks them to do anything.
those who didnt acquire the leaks... congrats, but the other 99% couldnt resist.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007, 05:13:53 PM »

I dont think band owe us anything anymore.
after the leaks we dont have moral grounds to aks them to do anything.
those who didnt acquire the leaks... congrats, but the other 99% couldnt resist.

And now we owe the band for sure.
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2007, 05:18:41 PM »

Wikipedia Huh no

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2007, 05:48:10 PM »

there's an article about wikipedia on wikipedia....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: