Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 09:18:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227993 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If you could ask Axl 1 question.....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If you could ask Axl 1 question.....  (Read 19889 times)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2007, 11:03:38 AM »

How much longer do you want to stay in the music business?
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2007, 11:20:27 AM »

What song inspires you the most?
ILoveGNRandPhysics
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2007, 01:19:58 PM »

I would ask the ultimate question, but I already know the answer.......42.

hahaha... very nice  ok

I would ask him what made him realize his life could be so much more and how he managed to muster the balls to leave Indiana and everything he knew.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 01:21:48 PM by ILoveGNRandPhysics » Logged

No trees were killed in the making of this post; however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2007, 01:29:02 PM »

Why don't you play Rhiad anymore? Tongue

ForeverGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2007, 03:23:23 PM »

"Are you really Axl Rose?"
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 03:28:07 PM by ForeverGNR » Logged
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2007, 05:04:11 PM »

I'm aware that I take things far too seriously sometimes and the fact that I've been considering a response to this thread for the past few days only confirms it.  But my dilemma on this one is whether or not I would actually want to meet Axl in order to pose this question.  If I could post it to him, there'd be no problem!  Grin

As some of you know, GNR?s music has been an important factor in my life since the late ?80s and this means that I?ve supported Axl in all his endeavours for the best part of twenty years.  Over this period he?s become someone I hold in high regard and, whilst obviously acknowledging that he?s as human and fallible as the rest of us who?re muddling through life the best we can, it?s still a fact that in my heart and mind I?ve built him up to be someone rather special.  My illusion, if you like, being founded on his music and the public persona I?ve seen at concerts, along with interviews and the testimony of those people who know the private man.  So, the nagging doubt I have, should the opportunity to meet him ever present itself, is whether or not I would be courageous enough to risk shattering that illusion.

Assuming that it did and I was, I would like to think that my question(s) would be inspired by the lyrics to Neil Diamond?s song, 'Hell Yeah', and go something like:

"You?ve achieved great success and many people would be envious of this, but do you think that the price you?ve had to pay in terms of loss of privacy has been worth it and how do you feel knowing that you?ve had such a profound influence on the lives of people who?ve never even met you?"

I suspect that the reality would be slightly different though; my mind would go blank, I?d mix all my words up and have trouble even remembering my name.  hihi

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2007, 05:07:53 PM »

I'd ask:

Can you take me to a hospital? Because I'm about to faint.  confused

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2007, 05:27:39 PM »

I'd ask:

Can you take me to a hospital? Because I'm about to faint.  confused

Imagine someone giving that line to a girl.  hihi
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2007, 05:32:13 PM »

Oh damn, I need to get some copyright on that one quickly. Maybe it'd be more appropriate if a girl asked Axl that question, because if I did... he'd probably think stuff about me that ain't true.  hihi

But if, let's say I was completely wasted and nervosity didn't exist on Planet Earth, maybe I could ask how he developed his unique singing style... because I've always wanted to know.

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2007, 05:43:00 PM »

I'd ask:

Can you take me to a hospital? Because I'm about to faint.? confused

Imagine someone giving that line to a girl.? hihi

I'll do it tomorrow in school damn it rofl
Elrothiel
« Reply #130 on: May 14, 2007, 05:45:41 PM »

I'm aware that I take things far too seriously sometimes and the fact that I've been considering a response to this thread for the past few days only confirms it.  But my dilemma on this one is whether or not I would actually want to meet Axl in order to pose this question.  If I could post it to him, there'd be no problem!  Grin

As some of you know, GNR?s music has been an important factor in my life since the late ?80s and this means that I?ve supported Axl in all his endeavours for the best part of twenty years.  Over this period he?s become someone I hold in high regard and, whilst obviously acknowledging that he?s as human and fallible as the rest of us who?re muddling through life the best we can, it?s still a fact that in my heart and mind I?ve built him up to be someone rather special.  My illusion, if you like, being founded on his music and the public persona I?ve seen at concerts, along with interviews and the testimony of those people who know the private man.  So, the nagging doubt I have, should the opportunity to meet him ever present itself, is whether or not I would be courageous enough to risk shattering that illusion.

Assuming that it did and I was, I would like to think that my question(s) would be inspired by the lyrics to Neil Diamond?s song, 'Hell Yeah', and go something like:

"You?ve achieved great success and many people would be envious of this, but do you think that the price you?ve had to pay in terms of loss of privacy has been worth it and how do you feel knowing that you?ve had such a profound influence on the lives of people who?ve never even met you?"

I suspect that the reality would be slightly different though; my mind would go blank, I?d mix all my words up and have trouble even remembering my name.  hihi

See, I'd love to be ABLE to ask him something that profound... but the thing is... a lot of the time I think of the perfect questions at the completely wrong time... like when I'm JUST about to drift off to sleep... and then when I wake up in the morning/afternoon.... its GONE and I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

That's why getting to only speak to him for only five minutes and maybe even less than that is so frustrating. I'd much rather become his friend and get to ask the good questions.... hopefully the first time they come to mind...
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2007, 05:56:25 PM »

That's why getting to only speak to him for only five minutes and maybe even less than that is so frustrating. I'd much rather become his friend and get to ask the good questions.... hopefully the first time they come to mind...

You're absolutely right of course but, for me at least, the chance of that happening is probably 999,999 to 1 (as opposed to a million to one, because it's a well-known fact that million to one chances happen nine times out of ten), so I guess I'd settle for seeing Axl interviewed by someone who really knew their stuff; an hour-long special with someone like Michael Parkinson would be my ideal choice.   yes

Elrothiel
« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2007, 06:14:32 PM »

You're absolutely right of course but, for me at least, the chance of that happening is probably 999,999 to 1 (as opposed to a million to one, because it's a well-known fact that million to one chances happen nine times out of ten), so I guess I'd settle for seeing Axl interviewed by someone who really knew their stuff; an hour-long special with someone like Michael Parkinson would be my ideal choice.   yes

Yea... 999,999 to 1. *sigh*
Oh well. A girl can dream.

Parkinson would be amazing at giving an interview, but that's because he's 100% non-biased and intimidated by nothing. However I believe Axl wouldn't do it... I wish he'd prove me wrong though.

Hmm... how's about this for a question: Axl, would you ever consider appearing on an interview program such as Michael Parkinson? (or Jonathan Ross... I can imagine that'd be hilarious!)
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2007, 07:40:28 PM »

please no, ross is a dick

Nothing to say
Elrothiel
« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2007, 08:58:20 PM »

Shocked He is not! He's lovely!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2007, 09:01:17 PM »

Id ask why the old band just couldnt compromise,? Do two records, one your way, one Slash's way and satisfy everyone?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 09:02:53 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #136 on: May 14, 2007, 09:04:27 PM »

Shocked He is not! He's lovely!

he's rude, his suits are too paul smithy 90's colored outdated get a life, and he stutters !

Nothing to say
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #137 on: May 14, 2007, 09:30:26 PM »

Hey Superman, how's Lois?? Wink

Nah, I'd probably ask him "What the hell you are doing here?"

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
axi rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: May 14, 2007, 09:50:14 PM »

I'd ask him what he thought of the current music scene

cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #139 on: May 15, 2007, 02:31:54 AM »

Yea... 999,999 to 1. *sigh*
Oh well. A girl can dream.

Parkinson would be amazing at giving an interview, but that's because he's 100% non-biased and intimidated by nothing. However I believe Axl wouldn't do it... I wish he'd prove me wrong though.

Hmm... how's about this for a question: Axl, would you ever consider appearing on an interview program such as Michael Parkinson? (or Jonathan Ross... I can imagine that'd be hilarious!)

Yeah, I'm not sure that at this stage Axl has a high enough profile with the British TV-watching masses for Parkinson to be an option, especially not what I'd have in mind, which would be an hour-long special, like he did with George Michael.  I thought that he did a great interview with him (after that, ahem, difficulty he had in LA) and showed him as someone other than the arrogant dickhead that I thought he was (George not Parkinson, I mean!).  Of course, he's since gone on to confirm my earlier suspicions, but that's not Parky's fault in the least.   Grin

Jonathan Ross?  Hmm I did consider this and, whilst we're in the land of fantasy, let me be greedy for a minute and say that I'd love to see him interviewed  by Wossy, but only in addition to Parky, not instead of.  Even his radio programme would do, if he's still doing it?!  I think we'd get a totally different experience to the American radio shows Axl's been on and, as both of them are very quick-witted, intelligent and have a great sense of humour, I believe they'd bounce off each other and that it'd make for great listening.  The only proviso that I could see would be that Axl would need to be pre-warned of Wossy's interviewing technique (if he isn't aware of it already), and wasn't allowed to walk into the interview blind - otherwise I fear it could become very uncomfortable for all concerned and not the fun experience it should be.

Edited for typos!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 04:50:10 PM by cyllan » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: