Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:05:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227812 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VR To Release 'Melody And The Tyranny' EP
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR To Release 'Melody And The Tyranny' EP  (Read 75150 times)
Steve McKagan
VIP

« on: May 10, 2007, 04:51:35 PM »

SonyBMG Poland reports that VR will release an EP titled 'Melody and the Tyranny' a month before 'Libertad'. According to the report, the EP will contain two tracks from 'Libertad', as well as the Talking Heads cover 'Psycho Killer' and a video documentary about the making of 'Libertad'.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 08:52:54 AM by Steve McKagan » Logged

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 04:56:11 PM »

SonyBMG Poland reports that VR will release an EP titled 'Harmony and the Tyranny' a month before 'Libertad'. According to the report, the EP will contain two tracks from 'Libertad', as well as the Talking Heads cover 'Psycho Killer' and a video documentary about the making of 'Libertad'.

awesome, EPS are cool!

html sucks
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 04:56:17 PM »

SonyBMG Poland reports that VR will release an EP titled 'Harmony and the Tyranny' a month before 'Libertad'. According to the report, the EP will contain two tracks from 'Libertad', as well as the Talking Heads cover 'Psycho Killer' and a video documentary about the making of 'Libertad'.

I would like to have seen two songs on there which didn't make libertad and I'm guessing that the video documentary are just the Vlogs pasted together, So I am not really excited about this...
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 05:10:18 PM »

i am, early listens to studio tracks plus a cover, im all for it

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
EFISH
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 05:20:52 PM »

i am, early listens to studio tracks plus a cover, im all for it
Exactally. This is awesome!
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 05:28:19 PM »

I wish that they would release the material they recorded with Josh Todd and Keith Nelson on an EP or something.  Call it Guns N Cherries or whatever, I'd like to hear that shit
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 06:55:10 PM »

Fucking nice .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 07:28:55 PM »

Im REALLY excited because I saw them play Psycho Killer live in SF and it was this great Slide Guitar blues thing. I LOVED IT! drool beer BTW, Any tentative date set for this?
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 08:36:15 PM »

Sounds pretty sweet, can't wait to see what they did with "Psycho Killer"
slashvr86
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 11:14:20 PM »

i woulda rather here more originals then cover songs, they play enuff covers in their set why do more Undecided
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 04:42:15 AM »

Thanks to Jul at the VR forum:

According to SONY BMG Germany, the EP will be titled "Melody and the Tyranny". Tracklist:

1. She Builds Quick Machines
2. Just Sixteen
3. Psycho Killer
4. Making of Libertad
5. Do It For The Kids

EP should be out June 1st.

It also has details about what the Making of Libertad contains (each title is only a few seconds long):

1. She Builds Quick Machines
2. Let it Burn
3. Acoustic Guitar Improv.
4. Acoustic Guitar Song
5. Circus Theme 1
6. Circus Theme 2
7. The message you left
8. Acoustic guitar improv.
9. Pills, Demons, etc.
10. Get out the door
11. Just Sixteen
12. She builds quick machines
13. Mary Mary
14. Instrumental Improv.
15. Drumbeat
16. Muthafucka
17. Guitar Solo
18. The Last fight

http://www.sonybmg.de/artists2.php?iA=7&artist=343382&product=88697112302
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 04:56:07 AM »

That is a great album cover. Very East Berlin!  Wink

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 04:58:01 AM »

The "Making of Libertad" is obviously just the VLogs.  That would likely mean that the opening riff in VLog #3 would be "Pills, Demons, Etc."

Overall, this sounds like a pointless effort.  A geunine EP would be great, but this is really just a glorified single whose only selling point is the Talking Heads cover. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 05:07:27 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 06:16:13 AM »

The "Making of Libertad" is obviously just the VLogs.? That would likely mean that the opening riff in VLog #3 would be "Pills, Demons, Etc."

Overall, this sounds like a pointless effort.? A geunine EP would be great, but this is really just a glorified single whose only selling point is the Talking Heads cover.?

I agree, but I'd love to hear some songs before the album comes out, so I'll definietely buy it. (Although it'd have been much better if instead of DIFTK they'd release a song that didn't make Libertad.)

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 06:37:00 AM »

I freely admit that I'm no great admirer of VR's music and I promise that I'm not trying to start an argument here, but I am genuinely interested to know whether any of the VR fans feels that the release of this EP is more of a moneyspinner than anything else.? I realise that no one is being forced to buy it but, to an outsider, it does seem to smack just a little of money-grabbing.? What are your thoughts; anyone agree and feel a bit miffed that their enthusiasm is being taken advantage of or are you just excited to be getting more VR product and feel that the more the merrier?

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 06:55:45 AM »

I freely admit that I'm no great admirer of VR's music and I promise that I'm not trying to start an argument here, but I am genuinely interested to know whether any of the VR fans feels that the release of this EP is more of a moneyspinner than anything else. 

It appears that way.

I had no problem with the three-cover gimmick they used for the first album; I thought it simply gave buyers the option to choose their favorite.  This is a bit different, as the record company is pawning off a single as an EP.  The "documentary" is nothing more than brief clips that have been available online for months now (worse yet, it appears to be going on the album as well).  This is a very crass product with little value.  Its also a wasted opportunity to release a real EP.

The most disappointing aspect of this news, to me, is the inclusion of a cover on the album, as well as the exclusion of several previously discussed originals.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 07:01:12 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 07:34:51 AM »

Thanks for the reply, Booker.? I think, like you, that calling it an EP is a little misleading as it does create the expectation that you're going to get something rather special.? I remember the excitement, back in the days of vinyl 7" of buying a single and flipping it over, only to discover that the B-side was an unheard gem.? As you say, it does seem a missed opportunity to give the fans a little something extra, but without knowing how much say VR have over the product released by their record company, I wouldn't like to lay the blame at their door just yet.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
greendog
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2007, 08:30:58 AM »

i feel like im going to be ripped off. i know i shouldnt buy it, but i want the songs and the 'making of' in decent quality, hehe.

though, the making of (if it is the Vlogs, which is very likely) is a complete bastard. Id expect a making of more in the style of the contraband one that was on VH1 or whatever. That was cool. I dont really want the shoddy edits that appeared on the site. When they were on the site it was cool coz it was like the band are doing it for the fans, then to release it on an 'EP' to boost the tracklisting and selling us something we can access for free is bollocks.

Ohwell... atleast I get some cool artwork from the CD. hehe.

PS: if this is sold as a jewel case then thats just another punch in the gut. Bring on the digipack, make the artwork stand out!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 08:42:02 AM »

Im getting it! jewel case ot not!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
greendog
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2007, 09:51:13 AM »

Im getting it! jewel case ot not!

hehe so will i... its just jewel cases seem so pathetic. digipacks are nice... look at all the nin releases for a good example of displaying artwork Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: