Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:26:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VR To Release 'Melody And The Tyranny' EP
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR To Release 'Melody And The Tyranny' EP  (Read 75059 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2007, 07:25:44 PM »

At least June 1st is almost here!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2007, 12:50:12 AM »

I'll tell you why the rest of the GN'R fans don't post here....

Um, because they don't really care?

You know what, I believe that the reason you as well as certain other 'die hard' GN'R fans constantly post in this section to put VR down is because you are actually jealous about the reviews, attention and the fact that they are releasing an album.

As far as I'm concerned, if you really didn't care about what VR were doing, you would have skimmed right over this section. If you really were only interested in keeping up with what they were doing, you would have just read through topics and not post shit.

Fuck 'Em All.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2007, 08:29:56 AM »

Yeah were all jealous of vr's success blah blah blah. Get over yourself man, I couldn't give a flying fuck if vr sold a billion records. I'm not a fan of them so I really don't care. I just find it funny how so many people here are brainwashed into liking them just because slash and duff are in the band. Open your eyes, even slash admitted in an interview a few years ago that the only reason formed the band was because they needed money.  Roll Eyes
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2007, 08:52:17 AM »

Open your eyes, even slash admitted in an interview a few years ago that the only reason formed the band was because they needed money.? Roll Eyes

Any source/quotes from that interview?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2007, 09:04:13 AM »

I cant remember what Interview it was, it might have been the VH1 documentary thing I can't really remember and I have no idea where to find the interview. It was definitely a video interview, I think in it he was riding in a limo? If that helps figure out which one it was...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2007, 09:32:34 AM »

I cant remember what Interview it was, it might have been the VH1 documentary thing I can't really remember and I have no idea where to find the interview. It was definitely a video interview, I think in it he was riding in a limo? If that helps figure out which one it was...

Have you taped this dream of yours? Please upload to youtube!  beer

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2007, 10:29:57 AM »

What a load of rubbish I'm after reading through...how can people say VR are shit?... of course they're not, they don't have as great a frontman as Axl Rose but they're a very credible band. I am a Velvet Revolver fan because I grew up listening to that type of music and GnR where my favourite band, now the guys, Slash & Duff are still playing rock music only with a different singer. Its frustrating to hear people slag off their ex-heroes...tut! tut! tut!

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2007, 11:05:43 AM »

What a load of rubbish I'm after reading through...how can people say VR are shit?... of course they're not, they don't have as great a frontman as Axl Rose but they're a very credible band. I am a Velvet Revolver fan because I grew up listening to that type of music and GnR where my favourite band, now the guys, Slash & Duff are still playing rock music only with a different singer. Its frustrating to hear people slag off their ex-heroes...tut! tut! tut!
Word!

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2007, 01:07:14 PM »

Yeah were all jealous of vr's success blah blah blah. Get over yourself man, I couldn't give a flying fuck if vr sold a billion records. I'm not a fan of them so I really don't care. I just find it funny how so many people here are brainwashed into liking them just because slash and duff are in the band. Open your eyes, even slash admitted in an interview a few years ago that the only reason formed the band was because they needed money.  Roll Eyes

... and since your post doesn't have a word worth reading as usual, thank you for proving my post.

Fuck 'Em All.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2007, 10:16:24 PM »

Only a couple of days until I have this EP in my hands! Grin

JB Hi-Fi says that it's out here on the 1st June, and being that Australia is ahead in timezone compared to most of the world, I'll be sure to post the very first review (in the world!) for you all! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2007, 10:22:10 PM »

Queen doesnt exist anymore. Now it's called Queen + Paul Rodgers

God.. Supergroups are cool.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2007, 12:56:39 AM »

Yeah were all jealous of vr's success blah blah blah. Get over yourself man, I couldn't give a flying fuck if vr sold a billion records. I'm not a fan of them so I really don't care. I just find it funny how so many people here are brainwashed into liking them just because slash and duff are in the band. Open your eyes, even slash admitted in an interview a few years ago that the only reason formed the band was because they needed money.? Roll Eyes

So?  If Axl needed money and was forced to reunite with the old band, I'd still support him.

Professional artists make art for a living.  That's what they do.  Slash and Duff forming a band is no different than my favorite film maker being hired to make a movie.  I can't believe you're trying to use that as a critism.  I mean, say you dislike the music.  But hating the band because they get paid?  Wow... 

I wasn't nuts about VR's first album.  I actually think it sucks.  But I like those guys as artists because they made some of my favorite rock music of all time.  It's sad that they're not able to back up the greatest front man in the world any more.  But I don't feel the need to hate them for it.  They're still the same guys who wrote and recorded a lot of great music I enjoy.  I'm glad they're still making music. 

Same with CD.  I don't really like the leaks all that much.  But I'm a fan of Axl's, and I'll always be excited to hear his new music. 

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2007, 03:09:30 AM »

Can you all please stick to the fucking topic. rant ok

greendog
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2007, 07:27:55 AM »

I just find it funny how so many people here are brainwashed into liking them just because slash and duff are in the band. Open your eyes

look, just open your eyes and see that there are genuine velvet revolver fans. it works either way.

BACK ON TOPIC:
Cant wait to get to the shops for the EP now. Despite it been a rip-off... oh well. Its something for the collection Cheesy  beer

and ive just become a VIP  peace woo. lol.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2007, 07:42:52 AM »

Cant wait to get to the shops for the EP now. Despite it been a rip-off... oh well. Its something for the collection Cheesy? beer

It's only priced at $4.95 here in Australia, that ain't a rip off at all.

How much is it priced for you guys and gals?

greendog
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2007, 09:06:23 AM »

Cant wait to get to the shops for the EP now. Despite it been a rip-off... oh well. Its something for the collection Cheesy? beer

It's only priced at $4.95 here in Australia, that ain't a rip off at all.

How much is it priced for you guys and gals?

oh, it can't be too bad then. Last i head it wasnt much cheaper than buying a full album. Obviously not the case... my 'rip-off' comment no longer stands.

EDIT:
Just checked... ?3.99 off amazon.co.uk. Thats pretty cool? ok
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 09:08:45 AM by greendog » Logged
Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2007, 09:07:40 AM »

It's cheap in Sweden too!

uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2007, 09:51:42 AM »

June 1st is a thrusday. Are you sure its not June 6th?

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2007, 10:05:42 AM »

June 1st is a thrusday. Are you sure its not June 6th?

June 1st is this Friday actually, but lately stuff seems to get gets released here on Saturdays, so maybe JB Hifi are jumping the gun a bit when they say they'll have it on the 1st. Either way, I'll be heading down there to check it out.

DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2007, 02:01:38 PM »

I checked amazon.ca for Canada and it said it will be released on the 7th, and it's posted on HMV's site as June 4th. It's only less than a  week and with the hockey play-offs next week will be here in no time.

Plus then it's only little over 3 weeks and I'll have their new cd.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 02:11:10 PM by DeadHorse » Logged

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: