Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:57:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227796 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VR To Release 'Melody And The Tyranny' EP
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR To Release 'Melody And The Tyranny' EP  (Read 74974 times)
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #320 on: June 23, 2007, 10:52:57 AM »

Am I the only one who thinks the EP was a joke? It's got what will surely be the best song on the album, SBQM, Just Sixteen, which wouldn't have even made the cut for Contraband, and a cover of Psycho Killer which overshadows all their other work. Granted, it has a making of Libertad, but that's not uncommon on Albums or even Singles these days now that record companies are trying to persuade people to buy the actual single cd rather than download it. And it cost ?4 in UK - twice as much as a single for what is essentially nothing but a glorified single. Ok, it's not bad, but I think it's a bit cynical to market it as an EP when an EP to me means 3-4 songs where there are a couple that maybe aren't on the album or are actual treats for the fans. meh, that's my 2 Euros.

yea i just dont get the point at all and it is a joke.  if they wanted to make it something cool to buy, they should have put a few tracks on it that wont be on the album coming out just weeks after this release.   stupid.

Will Psycho Killer or DOFTK be on the album?  For new VR fans, it's great (i never got contraband). 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #321 on: June 23, 2007, 01:01:01 PM »

I think it woulda been a lot cooler if they threw all of the shit from the billion special editions of contraband on the ep. Or even just some of the soundtrack stuff for fans who didn't wanna go spend money on a cd for 1 song. If it looked like this...

1. She builds Quick Machines
2. Just Sixteen
3. Psycho Killer
4. Money
5. Bodies
6. Fall To Pieces (Acoustic)
7. Surrender
8. No More No More
9. Negative Creep

That woulda been more of an actual EP and it woulda been worth a few extra bucks to alot of fans.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #322 on: June 23, 2007, 10:51:50 PM »

^ well i would have considered that a rip off cos I already have that stuff. What i paid was the normal price for a single, and I got a single, another cool song from the album, and another cool song that apparently will not be on the album, then a video clip of the band playing live. Nothin to complain about there.
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #323 on: June 24, 2007, 12:25:23 AM »

^ well i would have considered that a rip off cos I already have that stuff. What i paid was the normal price for a single, and I got a single, another cool song from the album, and another cool song that apparently will not be on the album, then a video clip of the band playing live. Nothin to complain about there.

Man, again, I totally agree- I think Melody and the Tyranny (I don't really think of it as an EP) was worth every cent.

Although I just did some research. 4 pounds, which is what people here say it's selling for in England, is $9.50 Aussi.
Now that I don't get. Here, in Australia, it's $5 Aussi. That's pretty much HALF PRICE than what it costs in England- 2.10 pounds.
$5 here is what you pay for a single, so it's great value. But the price in England seems really inflated.
Kady.52
Headliner

Me, You An' My Ball & Chain

« Reply #324 on: June 26, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »

Man, again, I totally agree- I think Melody and the Tyranny (I don't really think of it as an EP) was worth every cent.

Although I just did some research. 4 pounds, which is what people here say it's selling for in England, is $9.50 Aussi.
Now that I don't get. Here, in Australia, it's $5 Aussi. That's pretty much HALF PRICE than what it costs in England- 2.10 pounds.
$5 here is what you pay for a single, so it's great value. But the price in England seems really inflated.

^^
That was my main problem with it. here you pay ?2 max for a single. with what i paid for Melody... I couldve bought the two singles that they will undoubtedly put out in england. jokers.

Angels wear spandex.

Sarkozy makes me ashamed to be French
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: