Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:59:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VR To Release 'Melody And The Tyranny' EP
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR To Release 'Melody And The Tyranny' EP  (Read 74645 times)
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2007, 01:44:09 PM »

Why add in DIFTK?

THat song was average and why is it on there?

Maybe they have a good live version.
greendog
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2007, 06:26:55 AM »

lol, i see my joke post was taken out. oh well. sorry for having a laugh.? Roll Eyes

back on topic, yes... im hoping its a decent live version. gotta love properly mastered live tracks Cheesy bring it on!
shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

All HTGTH Moderators are Pussy's

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2007, 07:50:36 AM »

l'm definetly gettin it ok

Sometimes l Feel Like I'm Beating A Dead Horse
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2007, 08:19:11 AM »

Has any retailers or internet sites started advertising it?
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2007, 09:30:51 AM »

I'm a sucker for things like this, I like collector items. But to have two new tracks and a live track along with a documentary all in one isn't going to be a bad purchase... It is a bit of a money spinner but fans will buy this. The documentary would be much more enjoyable if they put more into it than just the website vlogs. Perhaps the vlogs are only snippets of the full documentary

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2007, 12:59:17 PM »

I freely admit that I'm no great admirer of VR's music and I promise that I'm not trying to start an argument here, but I am genuinely interested to know whether any of the VR fans feels that the release of this EP is more of a moneyspinner than anything else. 

It appears that way.

I had no problem with the three-cover gimmick they used for the first album; I thought it simply gave buyers the option to choose their favorite.  This is a bit different, as the record company is pawning off a single as an EP.  The "documentary" is nothing more than brief clips that have been available online for months now (worse yet, it appears to be going on the album as well).  This is a very crass product with little value.  Its also a wasted opportunity to release a real EP.

The most disappointing aspect of this news, to me, is the inclusion of a cover on the album, as well as the exclusion of several previously discussed originals.

Well no it's not the record company, it was the bands idea to put this thing out:

"You know, you would like for people to know your material before you play it. So we're gonna put out an EP ? we convinced the record company ? we're gonna put out a CD/EP with, you know, extra, like, video footage of South America and stuff on it. And we're gonna put a cover of 'Psycho Killer' that we did on there, just some extra stuff."  - Duff

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=72662
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2007, 09:13:50 PM »

So Duff says it was their idea while Booker wants to blame the record company.

The "GN'R fans" who never want to give GN'R the benefit of the doubt are doing just that for VR.

Let's see how Booker weasels his way out of this one.  hihi

I'm sure it'll be amusing.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2007, 09:18:29 PM »

So Duff says it was their idea while Booker wants to blame the record company.

The "GN'R fans" who never want to give GN'R the benefit of the doubt are doing just that for VR.

Let's see how Booker weasels his way out of this one.  hihi

I'm sure it'll be amusing.

I obviously made my comment before that Duff interview.  Now that I know its the bands idea, I blame the band.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2007, 09:21:13 PM »

Go on, say what you really think of this.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2007, 09:28:50 PM »

/jarmo

Nobody wants to hear you two bicker. and why even bring up "GNR fans"- what does that have to do on the VR section of the board? can't we keep this to PM or something...

now you know me better
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2007, 09:34:05 PM »

/jarmo

Nobody wants to hear you two bicker. and why even bring up "GNR fans"- what does that have to do on the VR section of the board? can't we keep this to PM or something...

If I'm not wrong, this is a Guns N' Roses message board made by a GNR fan for GNR fans. Some of the GNR fans in here may like VR, that's why this section is here.

Are you suggesting that there are non-gnr fans in this forum?

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2007, 09:38:05 PM »

/jarmo

If I'm not wrong, this is a Guns N' Roses message board made by a GNR fan for GNR fans. Some of the GNR fans in here may like VR, that's why this section is here.

Are you suggesting that there are non-gnr fans in this forum?

it's been made clear that certain boards are for certain topics. this is not the "guns n roses" section. by your logic i could bring up slash iand izzy and steven and matt in every GNR thread, right? Jarmo's blatantly trolling this section to bait people. whatever. it's embarrassing... -1 karma...

now you know me better
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2007, 09:43:06 PM »

Have you ever heard of the story of the boy who cried wolf? The moral of that story should go a long way in explaining why there might be a major difference in the credibility of the 2 bands and why one may be more likely to be given the benefit of the doubt.

I, as well as many others would be very interested in hearing your rational for why you think GNR has a shred of credibility left given their track record that warrants giving them the benefit of the doubt. Hell, their own manager last year confirmed many theories board members had that you used to call bullshit about what was the true story when people doubted the bands excuses.

I understand that given your relationship in relation to the band makes it so that you have to publicly believe and promote whatever they say even if you privately know otherwise, but even you have to see why one would be more likely to be given the benefit of the doubt than the other. It's hardly like we are comparing apples to apples here.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2007, 09:55:33 PM »

Jarmo's blatantly trolling this section to bait people. whatever. it's embarrassing.

You'll have to forgive him. He has spent a lot of years having to talk things like what color shir Axl is wearing, who is still in the band or not, or rehashes of concert memorial threads celebrating their 15 year anniverseries. He is probably just excited to release that pent up frustration and actually have something fresh and new to talk about here in the VR section. Who can really blame him for being so excited about things he decided to join us. VR is turning into Jarmo's version of the 7 year itch, except just a little more frequent.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2007, 11:28:20 PM »

it's been made clear that certain boards are for certain topics. this is not the "guns n roses" section. by your logic i could bring up slash iand izzy and steven and matt in every GNR thread, right? Jarmo's blatantly trolling this section to bait people. whatever. it's embarrassing... -1 karma...

Maybe if you'd been dealing with these same people posting about how GN'R is "shitty business" for the last few years and then say nothing when VR fucks up, you'd notice how fucking amusing things are.

GN'R cancels a show = blame Axl
VR cancels a show = blame management

You tell me how these "GN'R fans" can always blame Axl for everything but when something happens to VR, they'll give them the benefit of the doubt and start blaming the people around the band.

We have certain people like Naupis here who keeps going on and on about how shitty GN'R is. Yet, VR fucks up and it's ok! No talk about "poor fans who bought tickets" or "shitty management for booking these gigs. The band should've known what was going on!".

There's a handful of VR fans who are here claiming to be GN'R fans. Just because you went to a GN'R show last year doesn't really mean shit. It doesn't mean you can spew your bullshit on a GN'R board day after day.

Stop acting like you're some kind of objective fan. You're just as biased as the rest of us. Only you're on the wrong side of the fence to be on a GN'R site.

/jarmo

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2007, 11:32:08 PM »

Maybe if you'd been dealing with these same people posting about how GN'R is "shitty business" for the last few years and then say nothing when VR fucks up, you'd notice how fucking amusing things are.

You tell me how these "GN'R fans" can always blame Axl for everything but when something happens to VR, they'll give them the benefit of the doubt and start blaming the people around the band.

We have certain people like Naupis here who keeps going on and on about how shitty GN'R is. Yet, VR fucks up and it's ok! No talk about "poor fans who bought tickets" or "shitty management for booking these gigs. The band should've known what was going on!".

There's a handful of VR fans who are here claiming to be GN'R fans. Just because you went to a GN'R show last year doesn't really mean shit. It doesn't mean you can spew your bullshit on a GN'R board day after day.

Stop acting like you're some kind of objective fan. You're just as biased as the rest of us. Only you're on the wrong side of the fence to be on a GN'R site.

/jarmo

Maybe because VR haven't fucked people over as much as guns .

Not everything that goes wrong in the guns camp is Axl's fault but a dude does bare some responsibility for things .

I do love how you claim to know that some people are only claiming to be GN'R fans. that is only your opinion.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2007, 11:37:09 PM »

Just because you went to a GN'R show last year doesn't really mean shit.

Really?

Yeah, I really dislike them don't I? Seen them live five times by now. I really must hate them...

Is five the quota?
netrix
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2007, 11:39:22 PM »

/jarmo

Jarmo can you please stay on topic.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2007, 11:42:55 PM »

Just because you went to a GN'R show last year doesn't really mean shit.

Really?

Yeah, I really dislike them don't I? Seen them live five times by now. I really must hate them...

Is five the quota?

Haha!

True. I didn't dislike them in 2005 or even in early 2006. Then I saw the real thing live in 2006 and realized what it was all about!

I heard songs that actually sounded amazing, not just "good"......

Now, maybe you could please post your thought on how the band is ripping off its fans as you were sort of suggesting....

/jarmo

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2007, 11:56:40 PM »

True. I didn't dislike them in 2005 or even in early 2006. Then I saw the real thing live in 2006 and realized what it was all about!

So your entire opinion of VR is incumbent upon GNR, yet you take issue with others who bring up GNR when defending VR.

I heard songs that actually sounded amazing, not just "good"......

And that initiated your intense dislike of VR?  Because theyre good but you dont like their songs as much as GNRs?  Also, it took you to actually see a GNR show to realize that?  Odd.

Now, maybe you could please post your thought on how the band is ripping off its fans as you were sort of suggesting....

Huh

I already made my post on it; I think its an unnecessary, crass product.  The statement I made about the record company applies to the band as well...as I already said.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: