Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:54:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VR To Release 'Melody And The Tyranny' EP
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR To Release 'Melody And The Tyranny' EP  (Read 74639 times)
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2007, 12:05:29 AM »

Maybe if you'd been dealing with these same people posting about how GN'R is "shitty business" for the last few years and then say nothing when VR fucks up, you'd notice how fucking amusing things are.

The difference between you and me is I don't see concert cancellations as a major fuck up when the reason is because they have to promote their album release. It was retarded to schedule those dates in the vacinity of time the album could be released, but album promotion takes precedent over those shows when if the album isn't promoted and tanks there will be no shows to even worry about.

If they were cancelling the gigs to sit on their ass and do nothing, or do something that could easily wait 10 days and wasn't an urgent issue I would be the first one to say it is fucked up.

GNR cancelling the gigs at the end and beginning of the fall tour last year was fucked up because they weren't releasing that album any time soon and everyone knew that. To cancel shows to work on something that wasn't going to be released for at least a year was fucked up because there was no need as it is not like it was coming out any sooner because they didn't play those shows.

For whatever reason you can't see the difference in validity of the reasons the shows were cancelled in the 2 cases. That is fine, but don't complain about me not being pissed off at them because I frankly agree with the decision that promoting the album takes precedent over those shows.

I would also have agreed with GNR cancelling the shows last fall had it been to ensure a fall 2006 release instead of a winter 2007 release. It is pretty obvious there is enough of a window with a 365 day period that playing those extra shows would have had exactly zero effect on the progress of that CD.

There's a handful of VR fans who are here claiming to be GN'R fans. Just because you went to a GN'R show last year doesn't really mean shit. It doesn't mean you can spew your bullshit on a GN'R board day after day.

I promise you Jarmo I will be a monster fan boy just like you the day I have that album in my hand. As I have told you repeatedly I am a huge fan of Axl Rose's music, and I have put my money where my mouth is by going to shows and cheering like everyone who loves the music.

We differ significantly in that you endorse and encourage the lunacy that has significantly tarnished the GNR name over the past 10 years from the lofty heights it once stood. I look at the GNR situation as one of them having a problem in need of an intervention to stop the continued downward spiral.

I would be the person telling them to straighten their life out because they were throwing all of their potential and success away while you would be the one endorsing their behavior as a good thing even though it is just going to facilitate a continued downward spiral.

Now tell me who in that scenario loves the band more? The person who can't stand to see them tarnish their name and throw away their reputation as revered rock Gods, or the one who thinks it is great, encourages them and facilitates a forum for them to do so.

You will of course dodge that question because it will discredit your entire premise that I hate the band, but you need to some how reconcile that my negativity is a rejection of the continued attempt to destroy Guns legacy and not a reflection of my love of the music.

There is an old saying at interventions, hate the drug and not the person. In this case the drug is the downward spiral the band's actions are causing to erode the Guns legacy, and that is what I hate. You on the other hand would be labeled an enabler, and judging by your endorsement of the actions that continue to devalue the Guns name I suspect you will gloss right over my post.
slashvr86
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2007, 02:43:15 AM »

well said peace
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2007, 07:45:05 AM »

GN'R cancels a show = blame Axl
VR cancels a show = blame management

/jarmo

Thought Axl was the management these days!
I think its pretty shit from both sides. A band should have a plan very much set well in advance. I mean Iron Maiden are testiment to that. I'm sure there manager Rod Smallwood has them always planned 5 years ahead. And Merck is also linked to Maiden (well its says so on their albums anyway) so surely he could've briought that kind of continuity for the Guns?

I imagine the VR fans who got their tickets for those dates cancelled (luckily the Glasgow date for me is unaffected atm) are extremely pissed off, I mean these dates were only announced about 4 weeks ago and suddenly they've had a change of heart? That's pretty poor for their fans I'd say.

Hopefully they'll learn from this as it's only really the fans who suffer here.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2007, 09:27:02 AM »

As far as I know the VR guys wanted to release Libertad in early May, but the record company put it off till earls July. Hence they felt the need to cancel (postpone?) the original dates. Well, it's kinda bad move towards those fans who wanted to go to these shows, but they wanted to promote the album. Time will tell if it was a good marketing move. For sure, it wasn't a fan friendly move. BTW Jarmo, I'd love to see you giving the benefit of doubt to VR, and sometimes saying that not everything is perfect in the GN'R world.  peace

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2007, 10:00:01 AM »

BTW Jarmo, I'd love to see you giving the benefit of doubt to VR, and sometimes saying that not everything is perfect in the GN'R world.  peace

I don't think you're the right person to talk about that.

So your entire opinion of VR is incumbent upon GNR, yet you take issue with others who bring up GNR when defending VR.

My opinion on VR is based on what I hear and what I read.

I think their singer is an overrated clown who should keep his mouth shut.

And that initiated your intense dislike of VR?  Because theyre good but you dont like their songs as much as GNRs?  Also, it took you to actually see a GNR show to realize that?  Odd.

How many times do I need to explain it?

I thought they were pretty good, but then I realized I had been missing GN'R and VR was only good because they were a substitute for the real thing. I tried to see this guy as the front man I read you guys make him to be, but then I realized he's got nothing on the top guys. Then he started talking..... That was it.

I prefer to drink real coffee, but if there's nothing else around sometimes instant coffee will do the trick too.

I've explained this over and over, but I don't understand what a STP/Weiland fan is doing on a GN'R board.

Naupis, I get it. Everything said against GN'R/Axl is the truth. Everything they say are lies. That's what you're saying. I get it. And nothing VR does needs to be questioned because they tell the truth and they're a bunch of honest guys who just want to rock for their fans. No need to explain.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2007, 12:04:15 PM »

I thought they were pretty good, but then I realized I had been missing GN'R and VR was only good because they were a substitute for the real thing. I tried to see this guy as the front man I read you guys make him to be, but then I realized he's got nothing on the top guys. Then he started talking..... That was it.

And thats what it really comes down to.  You got your feelings hurt by Weilands comments on Axl and instead of ignoring VR, as someone who truly didnt care would do, youve chosen to hold a full-blown vendetta, which includes incessantly making negative posts in this section.

I've explained this over and over, but I don't understand what a STP/Weiland fan is doing on a GN'R board.

Then allow me to edify you: its possible to like both bands and their singers.  Shocked

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2007, 12:26:27 PM »

And thats what it really comes down to.  You got your feelings hurt by Weilands comments on Axl and instead of ignoring VR, as someone who truly didnt care would do, youve chosen to hold a full-blown vendetta, which includes incessantly making negative posts in this section.

Since you have trouble understanding. The music is kinda boring and doesn't do anything to me.

It doesn't make me go "holy shit, this is awesome". The lyrics don't make me think "wow, that's great!" and Scott doesn't make me go "that's one hell of a front man, I'm glad to be here watching this show".

His comments were like the icing on the cake.

Ignoring them? They're the ones who keep talking shit. They do the same things GN'R get attacked for. It's ironic.

Gotta give credit to Slash. Seems like for the first time in about ten years he came to his senses and wouldn't talk about Axl in an interview.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sweetness
Opening Act

Its So Easy

« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2007, 02:48:30 PM »

Maybe if you'd been dealing with these same people posting about how GN'R is "shitty business" for the last few years and then say nothing when VR fucks up, you'd notice how fucking amusing things are.

Thats because the GNR management is a sad joke and its been like that for years.  VR communicates with the fans, updates them on how things are going, post videos from inside the studio, and most importantly.... releases music.  Theres just a whole lot less bullshit, it isnt complicated.  Yeah, they cancelled a lot of shows and fans are pissed off, but it doesnt change everything else they have done.  With GNR its just like one thing after another, and as awsome of a band they are it just seems like they never fail to disapoint.

"I might be a little young but honey I aint naive"
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »

The difference between you and me is I don't see concert cancellations as a major fuck up when the reason is because they have to promote their album release. It was retarded to schedule those dates in the vacinity of time the album could be released, but album promotion takes precedent over those shows when if the album isn't promoted and tanks there will be no shows to even worry about.

If they were cancelling the gigs to sit on their ass and do nothing, or do something that could easily wait 10 days and wasn't an urgent issue I would be the first one to say it is fucked up.

GNR cancelling the gigs at the end and beginning of the fall tour last year was fucked up because they weren't releasing that album any time soon and everyone knew that. To cancel shows to work on something that wasn't going to be released for at least a year was fucked up because there was no need as it is not like it was coming out any sooner because they didn't play those shows.

This is a good point. Look, I dont think canceling shows is ever a good idea, but with VR at least there is a goal in mind and a clear reason for it.? We KNOW why they are canceling these shows and we know what it will lead to (the album coming out on July 3). That doesn't make it right, but it's a hell of a lot better than canceling shows becuase Weiland decided to stay in his hotel and watch the Knicks game.

Ignoring them? They're the ones who keep talking shit. They do the same things GN'R get attacked for. It's ironic.

Who talks shit? When have Duff or Slash or Matt ever said anything negative about Chinese Democracy or the new music? When have they ever said "Yeah, this new album is way better than Chinese Democracy" or "I'm glad we found Scott because he's sooooo much better than Axl".
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 06:20:44 PM by ZRO » Logged
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2007, 06:32:49 PM »

Who talks shit? When have Duff or Slash or Matt ever said anything negative about Chinese Democracy or the new music?

Never, if I'm not wrong.

After hearing the 4 new songs from Libertad, maybe they are not in conditions of saying anything negative about GNR's new music, or any other new music

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2007, 06:41:20 PM »

Who talks shit? When have Duff or Slash or Matt ever said anything negative about Chinese Democracy or the new music?

Never, if I'm not wrong.

After hearing the 4 new songs from Libertad, maybe they are not in conditions of saying anything negative about GNR's new music, or any other new music

personally i thought those 4 previews were good.....

i guess everyones so caught up with crossing keyboards and industrial music styles and whatever other random shit into rock, they forgot what actual plain good ol  rock n roll was about.

html sucks
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2007, 06:41:43 PM »

Never, if I'm not wrong.

Well, VR can do no good in your eyes. You Axlites are pathetic.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2007, 06:57:49 PM »

Well, VR can do no good in your eyes. You Axlites are pathetic.

Consider yourself warned for insulting other board members.

This is a good point. Look, I dont think canceling shows is ever a good idea, but with VR at least there is a goal in mind and a clear reason for it. 

Axl told us why, and he did what he said he was gonna do.

It doesn't get any fucking clearer than that but you guys keep ignoring simple facts.  Roll Eyes

I will repeat this since it doesn't seem like many of you remember it.

This band claims to be unpredictable etc in interviews, yet they do what their record company tells them to and cancel shows just like most other bands signed to major labels.

If the shows were really important, maybe they could've told the record company to push back the release two more weeks?

This is the kind of posts we see as soon as GN'R does (or doesn't do) something.

Why? Why not? Why this, why that?

But here with VR everything is sooo clear and there's nothing wrong with the band.

Even the band themselves are admitting that they almost broke up and yet there's nothing wrong. Every bad thing said about the band are from GN'R fans apparently.

Slash was in rehab, but apparently that can't be true since he's been clean for years. Another rumor made up by "jealous" GN'R fans.....  Roll Eyes

I mean, I don't care for any other reason than what I see amuses me.

I know they're just playing the game. It comes with being signed to these labels I guess. But the way they talk about themselves is amusing.

Unpredictable......

Thats because the GNR management is a sad joke and its been like that for years.  VR communicates with the fans, updates them on how things are going, post videos from inside the studio, and most importantly.... releases music.  Theres just a whole lot less bullshit, it isnt complicated.  Yeah, they cancelled a lot of shows and fans are pissed off, but it doesnt change everything else they have done.  With GNR its just like one thing after another, and as awsome of a band they are it just seems like they never fail to disapoint.

Less bullshit?

Rehab, clothes burning, jail, canceled shows, band fighting......

Of course they'll update you. It's harder to come back if you're off the radar.....

/jarmo

ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2007, 07:13:10 PM »

Axl told us why, and he did what he said he was gonna do.

It doesn't get any fucking clearer than that but you guys keep ignoring simple facts.

Axl said they were canceling shows to work on the album and have it out by March.

The album did not come out by March and they scheduled a new tour which subsequently had shows canceled from IT as well.

If Libertad mysteriously doesn't come out in July then maybe you have a point here, but right now the future is clear for VR fans and not so much for GNR fans.

I will repeat this since it doesn't seem like many of you remember it.

This band claims to be unpredictable etc in interviews, yet they do what their record company tells them to and cancel shows just like most other bands signed to major labels.

Where did they ever claim to be unpredictable? Please lead me to the quote where Slash said "Ohhh look at me, I'm unpredictable!" I'd love to read it. But yeah,  there is an unpredictable element to the band. Denying that is ridiculous. Tomorrow Scott Weiland could turn up in some halfway house in downtown L.A. in a huge heroin bust. Who the hell knows? Most of it is just trying to put forth an "image" and every band does that. GNR still claims to be the "most dangerous band in the world". What exactly is so dangerous? That Axl might show up at midnight as opposed to 10 p.m.?

But here with VR everything is sooo clear and there's nothing wrong with the band.

Even the band themselves are admitting that they almost broke up and yet there's nothing wrong. Every bad thing said about the band are from GN'R fans apparently.

Slash was in rehab, but apparently that can't be true since he's been clean for years. Another rumor made up by "jealous" GN'R fans..... 

I honestly don't even know what the hell you're talking about here. What exactly are you trying to argue? Slash was in rehab, the band was having trouble.. we know that.. you know why? Because they TOLD US. Slash told us he went to rehab. Duff told us they almost broke up.

It's a lot more clear than the revolving door of GNR where guitarists and drummers magically disappear with no mention as to what happened to them. THAT is why people get angry. What exactly is the debate here?
sweetness
Opening Act

Its So Easy

« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2007, 07:15:55 PM »

Thats because the GNR management is a sad joke and its been like that for years.? VR communicates with the fans, updates them on how things are going, post videos from inside the studio, and most importantly.... releases music.? Theres just a whole lot less bullshit, it isnt complicated.? Yeah, they cancelled a lot of shows and fans are pissed off, but it doesnt change everything else they have done.? With GNR its just like one thing after another, and as awsome of a band they are it just seems like they never fail to disapoint.

Less bullshit?

Of course they'll update you. It's harder to come back if you're off the radar.....

/jarmo

That last line is bull, speak for yourself

But whats your point? ?Thats just cutting into their personal lives, besides the canceled shows none of those things you mentioned are relevant. ?Scott Weilands wife setting clothes on fire... are you serious?

And dont be pulling shit out of your ass, they never faught. ?They said for a while with Rick Rubin that nothing was happening and that they just didnt have any goals, thats complications with the producer, not a fight. ?

You really hate this band, dont you?

"I might be a little young but honey I aint naive"
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2007, 07:39:32 PM »

Less bullshit?

/jarmo

That last line is bull, speak for yourself

But whats your point?  Thats just cutting into their personal lives, besides the canceled shows none of those things you mentioned are relevant.  Scott Weilands wife setting clothes on fire... are you serious?

And dont be pulling shit out of your ass, they never faught.  They said for a while with Rick Rubin that nothing was happening and that they just didnt have any goals, thats complications with the producer, not a fight. 

You really hate this band, dont you?

They never fought? I suppose Matt was lying last year when he said the band almost broke up because of what Slash said at Axls house?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2007, 07:54:04 PM »

Correction:

The members of Velvet Revolver are all best friends and they never argued about anything.

This band has always done the right thing and unlike every other artist on this planet, they've never made mistakes or fooled anybody.

Everything they say is the truth.

Hooray for Velvet Revolver!

Smiley

/jarmo

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2007, 07:56:46 PM »

GN'R cancels a show = blame Axl
VR cancels a show = blame management

You tell me how these "GN'R fans" can always blame Axl for everything but when something happens to VR, they'll give them the benefit of the doubt and start blaming the people around the band.

We have certain people like Naupis here who keeps going on and on about how shitty GN'R is. Yet, VR fucks up and it's ok! No talk about "poor fans who bought tickets" or "shitty management for booking these gigs. The band should've known what was going on!".

There's a handful of VR fans who are here claiming to be GN'R fans. Just because you went to a GN'R show last year doesn't really mean shit. It doesn't mean you can spew your bullshit on a GN'R board day after day.

Stop acting like you're some kind of objective fan. You're just as biased as the rest of us. Only you're on the wrong side of the fence to be on a GN'R site.

/jarmo

Sorry man but how exactly have VR fucked up?

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2007, 07:58:13 PM »

Sorry man but how exactly have VR fucked up?

They haven't.

They're 100% honest.

I've seen the light!

/jarmo

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2007, 08:05:22 PM »

They're a good band Velvet Revolver... I still prefer Axl's voice but VR have recorded some excellent rocking music... they're the same guys we were listening to 20 years with GnR, they're still awesome musicians...don't understand why some GnR fans slag them off so much...

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: