Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:11:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Band stability after CD's release?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Band stability after CD's release?  (Read 7529 times)
Lostrose
Rocker

This here is my hetero-lifemate, Silent Bob.

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2007, 12:15:00 AM »

first, i dont think they'll split up.  i met Robin at a bar in Providence RI a while ago, and i went to the first show at Hammerstein and met Ron Thal afterwards.  They both seem to enjoy working with Axl.   But then again, that is definately obsolete information. 

Second, when i saw GnR in london, axl said he was working on THREE albums.  Thats also obsolete, and i also believe CD may be a triple disc albumn.  Its never been done before, it would explain the delays, and if anyone was gonna do it, it would be Axl, the only man who can bring what i call "metal-rock" back from the dead. 

I guess, I guess, I guess I never fuckin' learn...
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2007, 12:18:07 AM »

Hey! "metal-rock". Well put!!! rofl

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2007, 12:23:47 AM »

first, i dont think they'll split up.  i met Robin at a bar in Providence RI a while ago, and i went to the first show at Hammerstein and met Ron Thal afterwards.  They both seem to enjoy working with Axl.   But then again, that is definately obsolete information. 

Second, when i saw GnR in london, axl said he was working on THREE albums.  Thats also obsolete, and i also believe CD may be a triple disc albumn.  Its never been done before, it would explain the delays, and if anyone was gonna do it, it would be Axl, the only man who can bring what i call "metal-rock" back from the dead. 

he wouldn't be the first with a triple album . Prince already did it ,if I'm not mistaken.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2007, 04:29:58 PM »

Prince has done it at least twice actually (Emancipation and Crystal Ball). Seem to remember seeing three LP's in one release before as well, but can't think of any off the top of my head.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2007, 09:30:09 PM »

band stability??? gnr???

this was a joke, right?

there never has been band stability in the gnr world. there's been plenty of turnover in recent years, and i'm sure that will continue.

but i think it has little to do with IF the album ever comes out. probably more to do with touring, since i'm assuming that's where today's members of gnr make the majority of their $$.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2007, 12:43:55 PM »

...and i also believe CD may be a triple disc albumn.? Its never been done before, it would explain the delays...

"All Things Must Pass" by George Harrison to name at least one triple album.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2007, 04:45:48 PM »

Of coarse I've no proof (nor will I pretend otherwise) but I think that the monkey on this bands back is Chinese Democracy.? It remains to seen how its going to be recieved, but my guess is that once this baby is on the market, the whole band will go from strength to strength.? Axl has been, its common knowledge, been dealing with a lot of demons over the years, this album has been troubling him as we know and it may be for reasons we haven't touched upon.? Having experienced a breakdown myself, writing your thoughts and feelings is a great way to release the troubles one has, (it doesn't quite work on a PC funnily enough Huh).

Now the point is, this being a huge step, I would imagine that the great one, will have to be ready to face the (music I was gonna say) public. It isn't enough to release the thing, the meaning of lyrics? will be asked of him, speculated upon and even (suprise suprise) bullshit about, Axl can't unrelease the genie from the jar, if he's not ready to face the world with this.

That said, upto 2005, I beleive the demons were still in evidence, but through dealing with these and clearing up issues surrounding its release, I would think that the time is near.

The other members had careers in other bands, just like the original line-up. Like Jarmo said, "who says they've only done one albums worth of recording?" I think a second album will drop about 1 year on from CD and will be accepted as a genuine Guns n Roses album. I also believe that newer members may add to the writing of songs on the 2nd album, comfirming their status as fully fedged members of the band.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2007, 08:57:37 AM »

Of coarse I've no proof (nor will I pretend otherwise) but I think that the monkey on this bands back is Chinese Democracy.? It remains to seen how its going to be recieved, but my guess is that once this baby is on the market, the whole band will go from strength to strength.? Axl has been, its common knowledge, been dealing with a lot of demons over the years, this album has been troubling him as we know and it may be for reasons we haven't touched upon.? Having experienced a breakdown myself, writing your thoughts and feelings is a great way to release the troubles one has, (it doesn't quite work on a PC funnily enough Huh).

Now the point is, this being a huge step, I would imagine that the great one, will have to be ready to face the (music I was gonna say) public. It isn't enough to release the thing, the meaning of lyrics? will be asked of him, speculated upon and even (suprise suprise) bullshit about, Axl can't unrelease the genie from the jar, if he's not ready to face the world with this.

That said, upto 2005, I beleive the demons were still in evidence, but through dealing with these and clearing up issues surrounding its release, I would think that the time is near.

The other members had careers in other bands, just like the original line-up. Like Jarmo said, "who says they've only done one albums worth of recording?" I think a second album will drop about 1 year on from CD and will be accepted as a genuine Guns n Roses album. I also believe that newer members may add to the writing of songs on the 2nd album, comfirming their status as fully fedged members of the band.

I agree with alot of this. I just know that if I put as much time and energy into something that I presume these guys have with this project, I couldn't see doing anything but showing it my full attention and support after it was finished.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: