Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:13:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Ban challenging
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ban challenging  (Read 19891 times)
fortus07
Opening Act

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2007, 05:17:25 PM »

But as mentioned in another post in this thread. Jarmo is free to call someone a "fucking idiot"?? He doesn't have to follow his own rules?

Seriously, I love the double standards of this place.

Thats the whole point of the thread. I was banned for calling Jarmo a "Prick" I never was aware this was such a hateful and offensive name. He called someone a "Fucking Idiot" in the same thread. Jarmo did not proceed to ban himself. It's unbelievable. I dont care if anyone wants to be sarcastic to me in the thread, I want Jarmo to answer me. For once. He wouldnt answer my PM, and he wont answer in the top thread of administrative and feedback. I know youve read this thread Jarmo. You must have read this thread.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2007, 05:24:16 PM »

Are you sure you were banned just for calling Jarmo a "Prick" ?
like, didn't you call other posters or the band members names beforehand?
fortus07
Opening Act

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2007, 05:30:48 PM »

No. That was the reason. No I didnt. I never picked fights. I think its so dumb when people gang up on another board member because they have a different opinion. I called Jarmo that because he was being well just very mean and sarcastic in a  thread. It was about Brain. I just thought some of the things he said were unecesary so i called him out. Then people that I had never spoken to like rejoiced because their almighty leader banned somebody who was so far out of line like myself.
SlashHoppus182
What's My Age Again?
Banned
Opening Act

Blink182

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2007, 06:09:00 PM »

No. That was the reason. No I didnt. I never picked fights. I think its so dumb when people gang up on another board member because they have a different opinion. I called Jarmo that because he was being well just very mean and sarcastic in a? thread. It was about Brain. I just thought some of the things he said were unecesary so i called him out. Then people that I had never spoken to like rejoiced because their almighty leader banned somebody who was so far out of line like myself.

Alright, there are a few ways to look at this situation. Jarmo was definitely wrong for being so negative in the "Brain" thread. He just started bashing users for no reason when they had different opinions from him. Hey Jarmo, wake up and smell the freakin' java; THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF A MESSAGE BOARD! People chat and share their opinions about the band. Any opinion is just as good as yours. Just because you have the title of a "Moderator" and your post count is in quadruple digits doesn't mean you are superior to every other user. On the other hand, Chinesedemocracy05(fortus07) got mad at you like a lot of other users do also. The difference between him and the casual htgth gunner, is that he actually owns a set of nuts. I think I've said my peace here, and kids remember the moral of this lecture is- JARMO SUCKS.

Hyman will whoop you x2!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2007, 06:19:46 PM »

But as mentioned in another post in this thread. Jarmo is free to call someone a "fucking idiot"?  He doesn't have to follow his own rules?

Well......was the poster a fucking idiot?
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2007, 07:18:08 PM »

But as mentioned in another post in this thread. Jarmo is free to call someone a "fucking idiot"?  He doesn't have to follow his own rules?

Perhaps.  But was Jarmo being a prick when fortus07 called him one?

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2007, 07:36:39 PM »

Doesn't matter, Jarmo is the boss around here and you dont call the boss a prick. If you did that at work your ass would be canned too.
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2007, 08:14:48 PM »

Doesn't matter, Jarmo is the boss around here and you dont call the boss a prick. If you did that at work your ass would be canned too.

Does your boss go around calling workers a "fucking idiot"?

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2007, 08:16:54 PM »

You're another fucking idiot.

Happy now?  hihi

If you're stupid enough to ignore warnings and still keep posting shit, don't be surprised if I call you a fucking idiot.

It's just common sense.

I'm supposed to be all nice and friendly to people who come here to cause shit? People who call me every name in the book deserve my respect?

Yeah right.....

stolat was temporary banned for spamming the board.

A person who posts multiple "I agree" and "that's cool" posts every day needs to calm down.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2007, 08:47:57 PM »

Actually yes she does...
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2007, 05:06:30 AM »

But as mentioned in another post in this thread. Jarmo is free to call someone a "fucking idiot"?? He doesn't have to follow his own rules?

Perhaps.? But was Jarmo being a prick when fortus07 called him one?

Happy now?? hihi

If you're stupid enough to ignore warnings and still keep posting shit, don't be surprised if I call you a fucking idiot.

It's just common sense.

I'm supposed to be all nice and friendly to people who come here to cause shit? People who call me every name in the book deserve my respect?

Yeah right.....

A person who posts multiple "I agree" and "that's cool" posts every day needs to calm down.

/jarmo

Oops! What can I say! I don't agree with the 'every day' generalisation but yes, I am an artist who can get a little too creative and manic at times!!! Thanks for pulling me out of there!!!!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2007, 05:45:38 AM »

Did Jarmo refer to the guy who said 'I want to keep this clean' as a 'fucking idiot' or am I reading it wrong?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
fortus07
Opening Act

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2007, 09:21:43 AM »

Perhaps.? But was Jarmo being a prick when fortus07 called him one?

Happy now?? hihi

It's just common sense.

Yeah right.....

/jarmo

Good work jarmo! youve posted in my thread and still not acknowledged my question. Are you kidding me? Are you ignoring me because youre wrong? Why dont you shoot me a PM. Or better yet, respond! This is embarassing dude. Grow up!
fortus07
Opening Act

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2007, 09:24:33 AM »

Did Jarmo refer to the guy who said 'I want to keep this clean' as a 'fucking idiot' or am I reading it wrong?

Seems thats the way I remember it too. He definately deserved that. And Jarmos post definately pertained to the thread. Absolutely. Mods want to help me out? this is rediculous.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2007, 09:33:13 AM »

I was banned for calling Jarmo a name that was not so nice.

Quote from: board rules
It's not cool to insult other members of this board!
Posts that only attack another poster without any contribution to the discussion aren't allowed. Anyone consistently attacking other board members will be banned.

pretty self explanitory i suppose..and its rule #1...after 4 years you should know rule #1 .... one would think so anyway

Seriously, I love the double standards of this place.

i'm sure its frustrating to deal with the same shit day in and day out. I know it gets frustrating at my much smaller site...anyway its Jarmo's place he can run it how he wants, besides if the administrator was banned then what would happen...i dont even know if these borads let you ban the admin anyway hihi

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2007, 09:43:20 AM »

Boo-fucking-hoo.

You're making statements like "you're a huge prick and you ruin every conversation" which is totally off topic and then cry when you get banned.

I should grow up?

You're all happy to post shit about me all over board in thread after thread, but when I put an end to it I'm the asshole.....

You obviously couldn't handle a discussion and had to respond by trying to insult me. Guess what, it ended up getting you banned.

How about you think about what you post next time you have nothing to say?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2007, 10:12:44 AM »

Nurse Ratched is at it again...

If a rule is in place, it whould be in place for everyone, it should be followed, and the punishment should be meted out.  Jarmo, if someone calls you a name, deal with them immediately, but at the same time don't go violating your own rules just because you can do it and get away with it because no one can punish you.  It's stupid, it's immature.  A good leader will set rules that are fair, set punishments that are fair, and most of all, follow his own rules.

I've already called you out and even requested to be banned over your double standards and patronizing behavior.  I'm still waiting, which proves you're spineless.  Really, go right ahead and do it.  I'm waiting.

Anyways, I'll go back to putting on the blinders and duct taping my mouth.  Is it medication time yet?

Actually yes she does...

Then you need a new job.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2007, 10:18:52 AM »

If a rule is in place, it whould be in place for everyone, it should be followed, and the punishment should be meted out.? Jarmo, if someone calls you a name, deal with them immediately, but at the same time don't go violating your own rules just because you can do it and get away with it because no one can punish you.? It's stupid, it's immature.? A good leader will set rules that are fair, set punishments that are fair, and most of all, follow his own rules.

It's still his decision to make.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2007, 10:20:42 AM »

If a rule is in place, it whould be in place for everyone, it should be followed, and the punishment should be meted out.  Jarmo, if someone calls you a name, deal with them immediately, but at the same time don't go violating your own rules just because you can do it and get away with it because no one can punish you.  It's stupid, it's immature.  A good leader will set rules that are fair, set punishments that are fair, and most of all, follow his own rules.

It's still his decision to make.

And I still can't believe people just sit back and twiddle their thumbs and go "Well it's his board, if he wants to call us all a bunch of idiots and any other name in the book, I guess it's alright."

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2007, 10:28:56 AM »

And I still can't believe people just sit back and twiddle their thumbs and go "Well it's his board, if he wants to call us all a bunch of idiots and any other name in the book, I guess it's alright."

You reap what you sow. He's never called me an idiot, and when looking at the people that he do I can't really say it's got anything to do with him.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: