Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:51:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Nine Inch Nails
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 404037 times)
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #1120 on: November 18, 2007, 12:08:56 AM »

Adrian (Belew) writes in his blog yesterday:

??received a call from Trent Reznor asking me to work with him on new music??

http://elephant-blog.blogspot.com/2007/11/and-whole-day-just-got-better.html

CAN'T WAIT!
Uuuh, that's cool.
3rd album now, where TR asks him to contribute.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #1121 on: November 23, 2007, 08:31:06 AM »

Most of you must have seen this already but here's a heads up just in case:

Someone has put a major effort into making a massive tribute-mega-bootleg for  nin's 2005-2007 incarnation.
70-ish  very well selected live songs  from With teeth&YZ tours. Majority of Nin's entire live catalogue represented actually.
Modest running time of 4.5 hours.
Can be downloaded via torrents/megaupload/etc/etc

d/l links and proper info about it here:
http://www.echoingthesound.org/phpbbx/viewtopic.php?t=27898

I generally prefer Fragility incarnation of the live band but damn..Some of the moments caught on this bootleg just blow you away.
Solo towards the ending of Fragile is really, really, really  beautiful here. Mix up between Still version&album version.
Never heard as good live version of The Becoming before. Reznor's voice was in great shape during YZ tour.

And also,

"....You're so vain
I bet you think this song is about you
Don't you
Don't you
Don't you
Don't you
This is a long version....
Don't you
Don't you
....sometimes we do this for half an hour...
Donnnnnnnnnnnn't you"

Grin

« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 05:51:52 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

GeraldFord
« Reply #1122 on: December 02, 2007, 05:34:03 PM »

Okay, I downloaded the entire bootleg--the four flac files and can play them on win amp. But I am kind of retarded...how do I burn these files onto a disc?
GeraldFord
« Reply #1123 on: December 03, 2007, 06:54:04 AM »

Most of you must have seen this already but here's a heads up just in case:

Someone has put a major effort into making a massive tribute-mega-bootleg for? nin's 2005-2007 incarnation.
70-ish? very well selected live songs? from With teeth&YZ tours. Majority of Nin's entire live catalogue represented actually.
Modest running time of 4.5 hours.
Can be downloaded via torrents/megaupload/etc/etc

d/l links and proper info about it here:
http://www.echoingthesound.org/phpbbx/viewtopic.php?t=27898

I generally prefer Fragility incarnation of the live band but damn..Some of the moments caught on this bootleg just blow you away.
Solo towards the ending of Fragile is really, really, really? beautiful here. Mix up between Still version&album version.
Never heard as good live version of The Becoming before. Reznor's voice was in great shape during YZ tour.

And also,

"....You're so vain
I bet you think this song is about you
Don't you
Don't you
Don't you
Don't you
This is a long version....
Don't you
Don't you
....sometimes we do this for half an hour...
Donnnnnnnnnnnn't you"

Grin

Ok, I got them...sounds great! What a treat for NIN fans!
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #1124 on: December 03, 2007, 08:09:23 AM »

Ok, I got them...sounds great! What a treat for NIN fans!

Yeah it is. Huge kudos to whoever it was that  did the work for that.
Similiar complication of Fragility era to go with it and I'd be one happy mofo here.

GeraldFord
« Reply #1125 on: December 03, 2007, 08:30:01 AM »

Glad they threw on "into the void," great song!

Now how about a NIN unplugged?
maynard
« Reply #1126 on: December 04, 2007, 04:12:35 PM »

www.nin.com

The photoblog is back, new album on the works and best of all, Trent keeps us updated. I'm excited!
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #1127 on: December 04, 2007, 04:32:00 PM »

I prefer the Fragility line up as probably the definitive NIN live line up for a number of reasons, but mainly because a) Aaron North sucks and b) Robin Finck owns. That is all.
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #1128 on: December 04, 2007, 09:21:41 PM »

yeah.. also i like more jerome dillon's drumming than chris vrenna's

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
maynard
« Reply #1129 on: December 05, 2007, 12:45:21 AM »

the fragility era was the best, danny, jerome, charlie and robin are all awesome musicians, the best trent could ever have. the production crew was also great with keith hillenbrandt, alan moulder and danny and charlie.

new pic on nin.com: ADRIAN BELEW! Year Zero 2 will kick Year Zero's ass.

PS: Aaron North rocks!
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #1130 on: December 05, 2007, 08:51:48 AM »

i dont like aaron
dont like the tone of his guitar
dont like the way he plays it
dont like his attitude
(he is an axl basher also  hihi)

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #1131 on: December 21, 2007, 03:52:07 PM »

Interesting, long as hell interview where TR talks about creation process behind world of Year Zero and the birth of the whole ARG thing. Good read.

http://www.wired.com/entertainment/music/magazine/16-01/ff_arg_reznor

GeraldFord
« Reply #1132 on: December 23, 2007, 03:48:08 AM »

Good read. Still not sure if he's gonna release new music on a CD or noth though!
greendog
« Reply #1133 on: December 26, 2007, 10:06:35 AM »

I like that hes going to take a break from YZ and focus on small EPs of music streaming more from the subcontious.

I love Year Zero... but after everything thats gone on, I'm all up for a break for a while Smiley

Very interesting read.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #1134 on: December 27, 2007, 07:16:41 PM »

I bought Ray Davies' Other People's Lives yesterday, and in the linear notes he thanks ("The Space Chicken") Trent Reznor. Now, I'm not sure, seeing as it is written as "The Space Chicken, Trent Reznor," whether he is thanking both Trent Reznor and this Space Chicken character or, rather, that Trent Reznor is the Space Chicken. Anyway, I wondered if any of you guys knew what business the great Ray Davies had in thanking Trent at all? I thought that it was pretty interesting.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
makane
Legend

« Reply #1135 on: December 27, 2007, 07:26:48 PM »

"Definitely" check out the new Modwheelmood EP.
If you don't already know, it's the band of Alessandro Cortini.
Also, don't know if intentional or not, but "Too Late" has a short-melody-sounds-like-patience bit? (2:15).

(It's in PB, but it's always good if you choose to pay  Wink )

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
makane
Legend

« Reply #1136 on: December 27, 2007, 07:37:09 PM »

I bought Ray Davies' Other People's Lives yesterday, and in the linear notes he thanks ("The Space Chicken") Trent Reznor. Now, I'm not sure, seeing as it is written as "The Space Chicken, Trent Reznor," whether he is thanking both Trent Reznor and this Space Chicken character or, rather, that Trent Reznor is the Space Chicken. Anyway, I wondered if any of you guys knew what business the great Ray Davies had in thanking Trent at all? I thought that it was pretty interesting.
I guess they've met quite a few times, atleast on some Bowie tour if i remember correctly. Trent supposedly likes The Kinks too...

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
GeraldFord
« Reply #1137 on: January 01, 2008, 11:23:53 AM »

From echoing the sound

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/SirLemming/Heresys.jpg
GeraldFord
« Reply #1138 on: January 01, 2008, 01:15:28 PM »

Tons of great pix...

http://www.echoingthesound.org/phpbbx/viewtopic.php?t=14607&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #1139 on: January 02, 2008, 02:50:50 PM »

Found this little gem through ETS;

http://russizm.blogspot.com/2006_03_01_russizm_archive.html#114305649429206175

The most relevant part of it is a transcript of a long ass rant post made my Charlie Clouser in ETS at some point in 05/06 ( i think)

The long and short of it is mainly Clouser giving a very harsh, sincere sounding calm rant about how potentially unrewarding it is to  be around TR.

The whole situation is/was bit of a mindfuck:
I guess everything started with Charlie Clouser browsing  ETS forums,reading a post bY TR who in turn had fallen for, and was repying to, a post  where a mod was having a laugh, pretending to be Jerome Dillon:O I mean...fuck.^^

Here is the most interesting part:
 - - -

Next came a post that delves into a lot of history with NIN. It was made (assumingly) by a former NIN member Charlie Clouser.

"Good Lord, I would have thought these kids had grown up by now! You hear how TR and Jayrome going off on each other, it's like "whaaaahhh whaaahhh!". Fuck.

First off, TR don't owe me SHIT. I don't feel like I've been wronged or got a raw deal out of NIN, I motherfucking SCORED being in that band.

As did we all, as did we all........

It's been five years since I'm out, so, okay, you guys want the straight dope, here it is. (deep breath)

To Jay-rome...

Jay-rome, bro, dude...... You're a great drummer. That's cool. You might have made a really interesting record (ain't heard it yet), which is even cooler.

But, hello, ummm...... how well do you know TR, anyway? Does any of this surprise you, bro? Do you remember how it went down when various other people left the band? Weren't you there the day I left, when TR found a few things of mine still in the studio, and threw them in the freaking dumpster while I'm standing right there by my car? IN THE DUMPSTER? And all I did was shake my head and say to myself, "dude has got some issues...."

Remember, this was after I cowrote, remixed, and programmed way more shit than you ever did. Remember, I also made the live tapes? I also did the remixes on FDTS. I also programmed shit on TDS and The Fragile. I also brought Starfuckers, Inc. to the table, remember? That ain't no motherfucking bassline, fool, that's my QuasiMidi Rave-O-Lution 309 beatbox! AND those vocal fx dawg.

My reaction: "Whatever, dude. I'm out. Later for you and your harshness."

You didn't see how he fucking shut Chris Vrenna down. Goddamn motherfucking PodBoy had been with TR since the ramen-noodle years, running down to CompUSA every week to buy TR more video games, sitting there reading from the cheats book while TR played Doom for hours, never giving Pod a chance to play, and fucking sitting in the driver's seat in the studio for more than ten years. At the end of that decade, while TR is buying a fucking man$ion, he was paying Pod like $60k. All Pod wanted was a little piece of the action to go along with his salary. Like a fucking nickel off the net dollar on swag. Like maybe a point on the record. No fucking way, TR and Malm told Pod that he was now 'surplus to requirements' and put his ass in the wind. After TEN FUCKING YEARS! Pod is the one who should bitch, not you. Pod is the one that should have been singin', "We built this city on rock 'n roll, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt!".

So you wonder why he didn't call you in the hospital? Fuck, dude... TR needs to watch out for TR and the rest of you can take a flying fuck at a rolling donut, and you're just now figuring this out? You thought that since you two were best butt-buddies for a while, that you guys were gonna be bros in later years?

You're lucky they didn't pull your luggage off the bus and drop it at the hospital!

Dude, everyone who's ever been in NIN or worked for (there is no WITH) Trent has been butt-buddy at some point. We all rode shotgun in his green porsche while he talked the big talk, and we all believed it, some for longer than others.

The only reason I ever moved to NOLA was because TR told me, straight up, that he wanted me and danny to write the tracks for a Tapeworm album, on which I would get a production credit.

This was in 1995. NINETEEN NINETY FUCKING FIVE, DUDE!

Remember, I was just starting to write the first Rob Zombie album, when TR conned me into moving to NOLA on the basis of Tapeworm. I was living in 7200 square feet in Nichols Canyon, with the protools rigs of doom. My game was ALREADY TIGHT nucca.

I took a pretty major pay cut to join NIN, and the only reason was because of the fantasy Tapeworm bonus. We knew it was never going to happen years before you showed up. It became a big joke for me and Danny (but not a very funny one). Robin never believed that shit for a second, he was out of there right after the tour ended.

So, after all this, you get to say, "I used to be in nine inch nails." Isn't that enough for you? That ought to be worth something, yeah? Work that shit, homey, but don't you ever try to hold TR to his word on fantasy shit like Tapeworm or "I'll produce your record..."

He's the guy that invites you over for a bbq and gets all sullen when you take two hamburgers instead of one, but don't let it get to you. Eat both of 'em! Fuckit!

But here's the moral of this harsh story:

The important part now is to not become like him.

Shake it off, man. Deep breath. You fucking carry that bitterness for TR with you thru life, man, you will poison yourself from the inside. TR always claiming he's dark, he got a black soul, saying shit like "you know me, I hate EVERYONE!"

Ooooohhh ain't he tuff. SuperTuff. SuperDuperTuff. He so motherfuckin dark he make you look light by comparison, nucca.

Well, what if all that shit he claimin' is actually TRUE? What if he really IS that hateful person that he describes in all them dark lyrics? If he IS that guy, then he needs his head examined or removed ASAP. Man, forget that shit as soon as you can. People get what they deserve in the end, man, they reap what they sow. They get the kind of freinds they deserve.

Remember how record labels would call Nothing Records or Conservative Management looking to get me to do a remix, and Malm would make sure I never got the message? I found out about all that shit when I got back to LA, how all these fools be like, "Where you been? We been leaving messages at Nothing Records for like two years! They wouldn't give us your number, or the number at the studio in NOLA, so WTF is up with that?" And I'm like, "John MotherFucking Malm is what's up with that."

So yeah, I got fired out of there on zero notice. TR put my sorry ass in the wind too.

And I don't look back.

Would I do it all over again? Yeah, but I would have been right behind Robin on the way back to LA instead of waiting four more years for shit that wasn't ever gonna happen. That last tour we did was a joke, and you know it. Fucking TR forgetting lyrics onstage, Robin taking a swing at TR in Australia, shit I was ready to walk off stage and take a cab to the airport that one time in Japan when he just lying on stage drunk off his ass mumbling instead of singing.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 03:28:30 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: