Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 12:41:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Nine Inch Nails
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 399142 times)
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1180 on: March 05, 2008, 03:46:13 AM »

Wow, this is just what the doctor ordered.
More noise? Trent hasn't released anything good in years.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1181 on: March 05, 2008, 04:17:58 AM »

I listen while I play my PS3

Its awesome!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
greendog
« Reply #1182 on: March 05, 2008, 09:35:57 AM »

i cant stop listening to it. it really is amazing, theres something for everyone.

glad im one of the 2500  peace

notice how its ALREADY up on eBay... with 2 months to go. Jesus. Buy It Now, $2000... fuck off.
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #1183 on: March 05, 2008, 09:45:40 AM »

glad im one of the 2500  peace

You lucky little starfucker!  Wink

Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #1184 on: March 05, 2008, 10:01:31 AM »

im really liking this so far. its so nice to chill out to this music before u go to sleep, its so relaxing.

so i guess Year Zero Part 2 is on hold for now?

It seems that some people assume it's a  sequel to Year Zero:

What follows the world annihilation depicted in last year?s NIN release ?Year Zero?? ?Ghosts,? naturally. Head Nail Trent Reznor recorded these 36 instrumental tracks divided into four downloadble suites with frequent collaborator Atticus Moss, experimental prog-father Adrian Belew, Alessandro Cortini and Dresden Dolls drummer Brian Viglione, who adds rhythmic clarity to tracks 19 and 22.

http://news.bostonherald.com/entertainment/music/reviews/view.bg?articleid=1077772&srvc=home&position=recent

This is not what I understood when I checked on Reznor's site. Ghosts is a project that has nothing to do with Year Zero. And I'll kinda repeat myself with this one, but I disliked the NIN era between 2005 and 2007. None of those albums released by Reznor were really interesting apart from a few songs. Ghosts sounds more like he's going back to where he had left things in the early 2000ies and he's eventually making something out of it. 

greendog
« Reply #1185 on: March 05, 2008, 10:54:13 AM »

Ghosts sounds more like a natural progression from where The Fragile left off.

I loved With_Teeth and Year Zero, but to me, Ghosts is now my favourite Halo, with The Fragile, Downward Spiral and Year Zero equal 2nd.
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #1186 on: March 05, 2008, 11:46:07 AM »

Ghosts sounds more like a natural progression from where The Fragile left off.

That's what I was implying. Reznor released the Fragile in '99 and then toured during over a year and then he worked on his DVD and on Still. Then nothing as he was struggling with his problems... I had moved on to other things by then but I checked on With Teeth when it was released and I found it was pretty deceiving.  Sad  Year Zero sounded a bit better but I didn't buy this art is resistance thing and the whole story about the future.
Now Ghosts is quite a great surprise : no concepts and  great music. It will stand by itself without the artificial support of pseudo politics and childish concepts.  peace

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1187 on: March 05, 2008, 05:43:00 PM »

Cover me in shit and call me a sunday. I just downloaded this fucker in the morning off Amazon and have been listening to it all fucking day here at work. Ghosts 1-4 is so fucking cool. I keep bouncing my fucking head to it and dancing in my seat, all the while doing shit work and not giving a shit because of this gift from NIN. Trent amazes me again. Hasn't it been only a half a year since Year Zero (which made sweet love to my atheist/sci fi side to its core). But this.... this is something else entirely. I don't want to get all mental about it, especially having it only a day but jesus fucking christ is this a revelation.

I think its time we, the music fans, just acknowledge as a whole just how absolutely brilliant, continuously relevant, and instrumentally significant Trent Reznor is to the world of music.

Axl buddy, I know you must be digging Ghosts.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1188 on: March 06, 2008, 01:24:23 AM »

Wow, this is just what the doctor ordered.
More noise? Trent hasn't released anything good in years.

Says you.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1189 on: March 06, 2008, 05:07:27 AM »

and me.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #1190 on: March 06, 2008, 06:47:00 AM »

Personally, it's not for me.  I appreciate being able to listen for free, but I would have been very disappointed had I purchased these initial songs.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1191 on: March 06, 2008, 12:17:24 PM »

Personally, it's not for me.  I appreciate being able to listen for free, but I would have been very disappointed had I purchased these initial songs.

I'm totally with you.  Got the free "Ghost I" and it just wasn't my thing.  Can't imagine forking over $300 for a deluxe edition!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1192 on: March 06, 2008, 04:36:38 PM »

Alright fellas. Last night I went through my usual ritual when giving an album a proper listen. This is my new favorite getting lit to album. It had me dancing and bobbing all around my cave. I tidied that shit up too I was so pumped.
Its some of Trent Reznors finest creations. There are so many cool as fuck tracks over the span of the 4 chapters. You fools only going by the first chapters free listen are just that. I feel bad for you. I really do.

I am telling you, my love of NIN has increased ten fold. There isn't very many artists who have been around as long and continue to produce the finest quality music of its time regardless of the current trends in the industry. NIN is one of the most creative music forces in the industry. I think Ghosts I-IV coming just 6 months after Year Zero is a major statement. I believe NIN has now reached a plateau few in the industry have or will ever achieve. And Reznor did it all without ever comprising his visions or "selling out." For him to now be seemingly hitting his strive and being so damn creative is pretty remarkable. I fucking wish Axl found it in himself to be so bold.

There really is a shitload of tripped out danceable journeys found in Ghosts I-IV. Layered as meticulously and as well crafted as any tracks Trent has ever done. I am so fucking proud of Trent... again. And I am as amazed by NIN now as I was when I first got hold of Downward Spiral (one of my most anticipated albums at the time).

This music came as a big surprise. It is a gift from the music gods. If you like and appreciate NIN and what they continue to do, you will fall in love with Ghosts. But as with most things, you aren't getting shit if you aren't listening to this music on a good sound system (whether that is through your headphones, kick ass car system, or a good home stereo speakers and sub). If you just hear this through your computer speakers or some equal shit you aren't really hearing it at all.

I want to add that it is pretty interesting the different types of instruments used during the recording of this album (s). You can see some of them in the digital .pdf booklet.

Masterful.

edit: And if you missed it like it appears twiddle dee did above, you pay only $5.00 for Ghosts I-IV. I would have paid a shitload more for this though. Just go to amazon and download.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 04:40:58 PM by Buddha_Master » Logged

ben9785
« Reply #1193 on: March 06, 2008, 05:13:02 PM »

Attempt number 2 at downloading the free version..

I checked NIN site today and they seem to have fixed the broken link problems etc so anyone who hasn't got the free version yet, go ahead and try it now it should work..
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1194 on: March 06, 2008, 05:37:50 PM »

The best material on Ghosts is arguably in the later chapters so if you are just going by the free chapter 1 download, you are missing much of the greatness. If you are are a fan or are looking for a tripped out soundscape and you don't have 5 fucking dollars for a wealth of brilliant NIN music then, kill yourself now. I don't really want you to kill yourself, but really, it must suck to be you.

ben9785
« Reply #1195 on: March 06, 2008, 05:45:10 PM »

Yeah, I think I will get the album at some point.

I'd like to get an idea though first..
greendog
« Reply #1196 on: March 06, 2008, 06:21:20 PM »

you can download the first chapter free... but for those that dont seem to realise (I could be wrong as i havent needed to listen to it) but i think you can listen to all the songs for free in the NIN Player.
ben9785
« Reply #1197 on: March 06, 2008, 06:35:50 PM »

Alright, I got the 9 free songs, after the first listen..

This is what I have been waiting for from Trent.

I appreciate the last two albums, but I didn't get into them as much as the earlier albums.

These nine songs are everything I love about NIN instrumentation in one "album". Reminds me of "The Fragile" alot, which I loved particularly because of the instrumentals, and the general mood, ambience and 'feel' (in parts) of that album.

I will without any doubt look into buying more tracks, or get the CD release..
ben9785
« Reply #1198 on: March 06, 2008, 06:43:35 PM »

Just an afterthought, in relation to GNR..

I know Axl has been a longtime fan of NIN and he has taken the influence with him into the studio when he was working on new music back in 96..

In the same way that he's given an industrial feel to 'standard' rock ballads like "There Was A Time" and "Madagascar", I'd love to hear him try something like this.. a song with sparse instrumentation, building off a piano or a distorted guitar, with this kind of ambience and feel to it..
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1199 on: March 06, 2008, 06:56:20 PM »

The best material on Ghosts is arguably in the later chapters so if you are just going by the free chapter 1 download, you are missing much of the greatness. If you are are a fan or are looking for a tripped out soundscape and you don't have 5 fucking dollars for a wealth of brilliant NIN music then, kill yourself now. I don't really want you to kill yourself, but really, it must suck to be you.

OK, now that was funny.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: