Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:57:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227799 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Proper Promotion?! Duh?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Proper Promotion?! Duh?  (Read 45353 times)
dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: June 03, 2007, 12:16:42 PM »

Yah, Axl should have played all the new songs in Mexico.  Come on people please!  These people in Mexico wanted to hear the hits.  Why would Axl play never played CD songs in Mexico on the first date of a new world tour.  This album deserves proper promotion.  This show is not the proper vehicle to launch new shit.  The mexican show was probably great.  As the fans from that show wake up this morning with wicked hangovers and ears still ringing, I doubt there going to lament about what did not happen at that show.  Any band that has a catalog of hits from the last twenty years that plays a gig geographically somewhere they have not performed in a while is not going to play all new shit.  As far as Axl being late for a gig.  Is that new.  Thats his fricking trade mark.  In the 90's  it said show starts around 9 pm or something like that.   Let the tour get some legs, maybe we will see some suprises.  Feel free to delete this post mods.   I just needed a platform to vent about stupid criticism.   

Dont eat cheese after midnight
superloconoriega
Big gay Al
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 12:19:30 PM »

As the fans from that show wake up this morning with wicked hangovers and ears still ringing, I doubt there going to lament about what did not happen at that show.

I was there and i lament that there was no Chinese Democracy or Madagascar.
dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 12:22:44 PM »

Ok fuck it.  I am wrong.  Axl you piece of shit how dare you play the songs that people already know.  I hate singing along to sweet child of mine.  Your setlist should have been.  1 Chinese democracy 2 Silkworms 3 Rhiad 4 Maddy 5 The Blues 6 Prostitute 7 Sorry 8 The Blues 9 The General 10 Twat 11 Better 12 Irs.  Encore My World.  Now that would have torn the lid off the place. 

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 12:27:12 PM »

hihi  Dungbeetle, nice posts. 

My World finale   rofl "...my distorted smile.........good...fuckin...night!!!"    rofl

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 12:28:07 PM »

I dont like "The General", to much bass...
the rest of the setlist is OK... but where is dont cry, and the pitman solo?

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 12:28:46 PM »

My world unplugged at central park. ?Thats my dream Grin

dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 12:31:24 PM »

Lucky, I am glad you like my setlist.   I think.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 12:41:20 PM »

add oh my god and maybe garden for encore, then people who haven't seen the band for 14 years /never seen a show will go nuts! ok

Oh and how about a few covers. my fav pillow, ain't goin down.
BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 12:54:29 PM »

Ok how about playing some different fucking songs that people know like Estranged, Right next Door to Hell, Yesterdays, Civil war, Pretty Tied Up.....They don't have to play new shit but how about something a bit different.....And I am not one of those people that don't go to shows and then complain....I flew to New York twice last year to see them and once to vegas in 01.....Thank god back then I atleast got a kinda different setlist with Oh my God, and Silkworms.....

There's a lot goin on here.....
dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 12:58:57 PM »

I think estranged is kind of black listed.  Its my favorite song.  I know it means a lot to Axl.  When the video came out they were so over exposed.  It wasnt that big of a hit actually.  Lots of people point to that song and video as sort of the tipping point of 80's excess.  I think that notion is bullshit.  Its a shame if he has reservations about playing that song cause of superfical reasons that I mentioned.  Christ I should blast that song right now. 

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 01:19:44 PM »

and the cowbell solo? howcome nobody ever does that?

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 02:15:10 PM »

Ok how about playing some different fucking songs that people know like Estranged, Right next Door to Hell, Yesterdays, Civil war, Pretty Tied Up.....They don't have to play new shit but how about something a bit different.....And I am not one of those people that don't go to shows and then complain....I flew to New York twice last year to see them and once to vegas in 01.....Thank god back then I atleast got a kinda different setlist with Oh my God, and Silkworms.....

Because people don't know them as well as Appetite?

These people haven't seen the band live, they're excited to see this setlist.  You went to three shows, good for you!  Some of these people have never seen GN'R.  Maybe they want to hear the songs that we've heard?
It's not your problem really, is it?
Mikkel
Headliner

I like Grandaddy.

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 05:49:40 PM »

Ok fuck it.? I am wrong.? Axl you piece of shit how dare you play the songs that people already know.? I hate singing along to sweet child of mine.? Your setlist should have been.? 1 Chinese democracy 2 Silkworms 3 Rhiad 4 Maddy 5 The Blues 6 Prostitute 7 Sorry 8 The Blues 9 The General 10 Twat 11 Better 12 Irs.? Encore My World.? Now that would have torn the lid off the place.?

Hahahahaha, great post, I laughed out loud Smiley

Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 11:01:00 PM »

Ok fuck it.? I am wrong.? Axl you piece of shit how dare you play the songs that people already know.? I hate singing along to sweet child of mine.? Your setlist should have been.? 1 Chinese democracy 2 Silkworms 3 Rhiad 4 Maddy 5 The Blues 6 Prostitute 7 Sorry 8 The Blues 9 The General 10 Twat 11 Better 12 Irs.? Encore My World.? Now that would have torn the lid off the place.?

They're going to play The Blues twice? Sweet!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2007, 11:03:23 PM »

I think they should've at least played Chinese Democracy in the set, after all, this is the 'Chinese Democracy World Tour' ain't it? yes

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007, 11:04:21 PM »

I think they should've at least played Chinese Democracy in the set, after all, this is the 'Chinese Democracy World Tour' ain't it? yes

I think they should play whatever they feel like playing when they go on stage and play for a crowd that you are not a part of. 

Shit.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2007, 11:05:47 PM »

It's not.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2007, 11:06:40 PM »

I think they should play whatever they feel like playing when they go on stage and play for a crowd that you are not a part of.?

Shit.

I usually keep quiet about this stuff JB, but I thought you would've agreed with me about that.

I know, I wasn't there, and I'm sure the crowd loved it regardless, but why not at least play the title song that the tour is named after?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2007, 11:09:37 PM »

I think they should play whatever they feel like playing when they go on stage and play for a crowd that you are not a part of. 

Shit.

I usually keep quiet about this stuff JB, but I thought you would've agreed with me about that.

I know, I wasn't there, and I'm sure the crowd loved it regardless, but why not at least play the title song that the tour is named after?

I agree in that its one of their best songs and it would be great if they played it.    I don't agree that its up to us to say they have to.  They will play what they are comfortable playing.   The album isn't out yet.   Even when it is, theres no law that says they have to play the album's title track.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2007, 11:10:39 PM »

Where on that poster does it say Chinese Democracy World Tour?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: