Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:25:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Proper Promotion?! Duh?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Proper Promotion?! Duh?  (Read 45457 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2007, 03:36:19 PM »

I don't think you're going to get Jarmo to say anything remotely critical about the set list, or GN'R in general at all. 

I don't think GN'R can ever make some of you happy.

Always something to whine about.

Thank God it's not 2005 anymore. Sometimes I wonder if some of you have noticed.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2007, 03:41:11 PM »

why not taking advantage switching some song order for the other 30% too? they are the ones spending most of their money for gnr. and its EASY to do even without adding new songs. and they have so much illusion stuff left....those were the albums making gnr filling stadiums!

yeah, Jarmo. did you ever notice they could easily make more people happy?
you sound harsh like Beta in your posts for some months? Shocked

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #122 on: June 05, 2007, 04:07:20 PM »

why not taking advantage switching some song order for the other 30% too? they are the ones spending most of their money for gnr. and its EASY to do even without adding new songs. and they have so much illusion stuff left....those were the albums making gnr filling stadiums!

yeah, Jarmo. did you ever notice they could easily make more people happy?

Where did you come up with these numbers?

you sound harsh like Beta in your posts for some months  Shocked

Thanks!

That's a compliment right there. She says what's on her mind and I try to do the same.

Your complaints would've been the same in 1987 or 1993 or 2002. It doesn't matter.

We get it.

Do this, do that.

Forget what the band wants or the majority of the actual audiences enjoy. You didn't spend one cent on the Mexican shows, yet they should do what you tell them.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2007, 04:12:28 PM »

I think what everyone is forgetting is that there is a plan.  Axl said, himself, that he was basically trying to "retire" AFD with one last go around.  Guess what?  The band hasn't played Mexico, Oz, Japan, etc. recently, so consider these shows still part of the "AFD Retirement" tour.  I realize it's been called the CD Tour '07, but let's face it, they're only gonna change the setlist once they come back to those spots... 
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2007, 04:12:47 PM »

these discussions are lame.

I dont mind the same setlist. I wish they played more new songs, but ah well... there's always the next tour.

what I would like to know, and hope the discussion goes that way is,

how come the band doesnt feel to need to shuffle the things a little bit, do some changes, try out diferent combinations, see what else they can do live,.... whatever?
after all, the setlist only had some minor changes ever since 010101.

yeah, the "winning horse" argument is fine... but isnt it also preferable to try and push the envelope, see if something can be done, better.
Where did the spontaneity go?

wining on the "favorite" is kinda anal. sometimes try and bet on the underdog.... I try and do that as much as possible, not bet on the winner, and not bother with it anymore.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2007, 04:18:30 PM »

the numbers were a reply from the post just aboe my last one:

most casual fans see a show from a tour. they are more than 70% of the crowd at each show I assume.

If you are seeing a band only once, what kind of stelist would youu like them to play?

"Harsh" is rarely a word used as a compliment, Jarmo, so I think you misunderstood. Bush also says what is on his mind and it doesn't make it smart either.

i'm not telling anyone what to do - not that this works for a band like gnr anyway- i'm only trying to point out that it easily could be made more cool without lots of work. i didn have the setlist complaints in the 90s. reason why i have now? the nearly-to-same 2001-2007 setlists! and i'm damn sure you and/or the majority of fans would enjoy setlist differs aswell. again i'm asking why not changing the setlist order some bigger when the "majority" doesnt care it - cause they get the songs for enjoying anyway?

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2007, 04:25:40 PM »

Look at the setlists from 2006 and you'll notice that they do try things here and there.

Just because the first two shows haven't had any surprises doesn't meant none of the following ones will.

"Harsh" is rarely a word used as a compliment, Jarmo, so I think you misunderstood.

Maybe not for you.

I know it was supposed to be an insult, but it's ok. I already knew what you think of me. It shows in some of your posts. 

I couldn't care less.....  Smiley

i'm not telling anyone what to do - not that this works for a band like gnr anyway- i'm only trying to point out that it easily could be made more cool without lots of work.

Yeah, change things for the "30%" and what do you think the majority will say when they break out Dead Horse instead of Nightrain?

/jarmo

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2007, 04:33:18 PM »

most likely the 70% wouldnt care much as they dont care setlists anyway (= wasnt that part of this discussion before?), they prolly would like it seeing Axl on acoustic guitar. and the 30% would love it? Kiss

pick SCOM or KOHD or JUNGLE instead of NT and you'd have done fine, peace out and have fun in Japan? peace

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2007, 04:47:09 PM »

Yeah, people don't care if they hear a song they know/love and hearing something unknown.

That makes sense.

Besides, the whole idea of having a band that plays whatever they wanna play instead of trying to please everybody must be weird to you.....

Even a band like Pearl Jam, who switches their setlists a lot, play whatever they want to.

Let's see what you say when GN'R has an album out and people are familiar with the new songs.....

Oh, and don't worry about me having fun. Just work on that jealousy issue you got.

/jarmo

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2007, 04:58:09 PM »

Jesus, only two shows and we are already whining about the damn setlist? Why dont asking the mexican people who attended the show how they feel about the songs GNR played?

TWO SHOWS!!! In 2006 we had lots of surprises: Better/IRS played live almost all shows, 2 performances of TWAT, Izzy Stradlin, Kid Rock, Sebastian Bach, Lars Ulrich, Bubbles, Down On The Farm, Used To Love Her, Sway, Sailing, Back In ''the fucking'' UK, think about you, etc... and some sporadic performances of Rocket Queen, Chinese Democracy, Madagascar, etc.

They know what they're doing. They are not organizing concerts to give 100 people at an internet message board a more interesting night or something to discuss.

We should all worry if the exact same setlist is played at the 30th concert of the world tour, not at the second, in a country that has not seen GNR in 14 years!!

And dont forget that Bumblefoot performed ''la cucaracha, la cucaracha, ya no puede caminar''  hihi

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2007, 05:00:58 PM »

actually i meant that for real with the fun. but you're incapable of having a discussion without pulling up that 'jealousy' issue. I'd rather focus on another word: 'integrity', Jarmo.

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2007, 05:16:03 PM »

actually i meant that for real with the fun. but you're incapable of having a discussion without pulling up that 'jealousy' issue. I'd rather focus on another word: 'integrity', Jarmo.

For somebody who keeps bringing up the Cuckoo show every once in a while....

Do you know what integrity is?

Is it about lying to others?

Is it saying something and doing the opposite?

Do you see me doing things to get more hits on this site? Many accuse me of doing the opposite. Yet you're questioning my integrity... Amusing.

Don't ever question my integrity.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 05:17:51 PM by jarmo » Logged

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: June 05, 2007, 09:44:52 PM »

Look at the setlists from 2006 and you'll notice that they do try things here and there.

Just because the first two shows haven't had any surprises doesn't meant none of the following ones will.

"Harsh" is rarely a word used as a compliment, Jarmo, so I think you misunderstood.

Maybe not for you.

I know it was supposed to be an insult, but it's ok. I already knew what you think of me. It shows in some of your posts.?

I couldn't care less.....? Smiley

i'm not telling anyone what to do - not that this works for a band like gnr anyway- i'm only trying to point out that it easily could be made more cool without lots of work.

Yeah, change things for the "30%" and what do you think the majority will say when they break out Dead Horse instead of Nightrain?

/jarmo

rofl
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2007, 01:03:06 AM »

Why does a band like Guns N Roses need any promotion at all?
We know who they are.....we know what they stand for......we know that we (who are going) will get our socks blown off our feet.....

If you have to ask that question, then you need to take a look at the music scene better.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #134 on: June 06, 2007, 01:09:24 AM »

We know who they are.....we know what they stand for......we know that we (who are going) will get our socks blown off our feet.....

If you have to ask that question, then you need to take a look at the music scene better.

My question was rhetorical.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2007, 01:11:51 AM »

no it was stupid...

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2007, 01:14:44 AM »

no it was stupid...

Yeh, you better look up rhetorical in the dictionary.
You walked into that one....

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2007, 01:17:54 AM »

no it was stupid...

No, what was stupid was asking a rhetorical question on a message board.

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2007, 01:19:14 AM »

no it was stupid...

No, what was stupid was asking a rhetorical question on a message board.

Ok, I'll keep that in mind. Thankyou for your input.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #139 on: June 06, 2007, 01:38:38 AM »

you might want to write it down...better yet , get it tattooed ....

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: