Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:49:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Proper Promotion?! Duh?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Proper Promotion?! Duh?  (Read 45049 times)
waxlrick
« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2007, 04:08:59 AM »

At least the band are now playing a few new songs which goes some of the way to justifying promoting it as the Chinese Democracy World Tour 2007. It goes without saying that it would have been better just calling it a World Tour. They are not promoting an album and they are not even intrudicing the new songs to a mostly unsuspecting crowd. Very strange approach???

After seeing the 2 Brisbane concerts I can honestly say that it is a great show and I am glad they mostly play old stuff because most people dont have a clue about the new shit. But had they have released the fucking album that wouldn't be the case.

Regardless of all that it will always puzzle me as to why the have named the Mexican and Australian shows after an album which to date doesn't officially exist (if you know what I mean?)
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #161 on: June 21, 2007, 05:15:16 AM »

Stop the Carousel man! I want to get off!  confused

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #162 on: June 21, 2007, 01:05:43 PM »

the promoter is told by a band what the name of the tour is. if it says "cd world tour," thats from the band,  not the promoter.....

Source?

How come it's only the Australian promoter who does it?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #163 on: June 21, 2007, 03:21:21 PM »

the promoter is told by a band what the name of the tour is. if it says "cd world tour," thats from the band,? not the promoter.....

Source?

/jarmo

here's the new zealand pr...
The Return of Guns n' Roses
Believe the hype. Guns N? Roses are back. The Chinese Democracy World Tour and another awesome moment in musical history is upon us. Sit down, strap in and hold on? it?s gonna be one hell of a ride.

After 14 years, the biggest and baddest band in the world, the rock?n?roll machine known as Guns N? Roses, is set to return to New Zealand shores in June as part of their mammoth Chinese Democracy World Tour.

This will be the first time New Zealand audiences have seen the band since their legendary 1993 performances at Mt Smart Stadium (52,000 tickets sold). Guns N? Roses will play just one show in Auckland on Friday 29 June at the new Vector Arena; there will be no other New Zealand dates. Tickets go on sale Monday 30 April.

2006 saw Guns N? Roses perform over 70 concerts all over the world to rave reviews. With the release of the highly anticipated and long awaited Chinese Democracy album imminent, 2007 promises to be the time that Guns N? Roses reclaim their throne as the world?s most dangerous band. Lead vocalist W. Axl Rose, guitarists Robin Finck, Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal and Richard Fortus, bassist Tommy Stinson, keyboard players Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman, and drummer Frank Ferrer are a rock n? roll spectacular that have to be experienced to be believed.

Guns N? Roses special guests for the show will be none other than former Skid Row singer, the irrepressible SEBASTIAN BACH and Australia?s ROSE TATTOO.

Skid Row were the main support act for the legendary Mt Smart performance, and since then Bach has remained in the public eye through a series of acclaimed musical roles, a part in the popular television series Gilmore Girls, and more recently, his controversial appearances in the reality TV show Supergroup. The vocalist did a world tour last year to packed out shows, and with his new band in tow, Bach promises to deliver the goods all over again.

ROSE TATTOO fronted by legendary Aussie Rocker ?Angry Anderson? are back after recently finishing their sell-out ?BLOOD BROTHERS? tour of Europe. The Tatts are set to rip it up onstage once again.

Tickets go on sale 9am Monday 30th April at Ticketmaster or ph 09 970 9700.

FOR FURTHER TOUR INFORMATION: www.dcegroup.com

MEDIA ENQUIRIES: ANGELA MACE @ BEAT COMMUNICATIONS
Ph: (09) 361 2327
Mob: 0275 867 980
angela.mace@beat.net.nz

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #164 on: June 21, 2007, 03:31:10 PM »

the promoter is told by a band what the name of the tour is. if it says "cd world tour," thats from the band,? not the promoter.....

Source?

/jarmo

here's japan....

DATE: Monday, 10 April 2007
TITLE: Guns N' Roses - Asian Tour * SOLD OUT *
TEXT:
The legendary rock band that made a name for itself with its bestelling albums in the 90's is back on stage for its latest world tour, The Chinese Democracy World Tour. An event not to miss for their fans in the region.

http://www.mosaicodiffusion.com/event.php?IdEvent=4830&lang=2&FlagPass=1

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #165 on: June 21, 2007, 05:15:55 PM »

You said the band had told the promoter. I asked for proof of that.

I suspect the New Zealand shows are promoted by the same company as the Australian shows.

Dainty Consolidated Entertainment.

I don't know how you put mosaicodiffusion.com together with the Japanese shows. Maybe you Googled the date and the phrase, but the Japanese promoter's GN'R info is here: http://www.creativeman.co.jp/2007/GNR_special/index.html

I guess you think I'd make shit up just to argue about it with you.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #166 on: June 21, 2007, 05:20:27 PM »

You said the band had told the promoter. I asked for proof of that.

I suspect the New Zealand shows are promoted by the same company as the Australian shows.

Dainty Consolidated Entertainment.

I don't know how you put mosaicodiffusion.com together with the Japanese shows. Maybe you Googled the date and the phrase, but the Japanese promoter's GN'R info is here: http://www.creativeman.co.jp/2007/GNR_special/index.html

I guess you think I'd make shit up just to argue about it with you.....

/jarmo

listen- i can understand that you are upset that they called it the "Chinese Democracy Tour" because most of the set is from appetite and i agree. the point is, the tour is being called the "chinese democracy tour" and it shouldnt be because 80-85% of the setlist is old stuff. oh , and btw, the promoter for australia and new zealand are different. and yes, i do think you like to make up stuff to challenege me for some reason. i dont get it. we are all fans here, no need for one-upping one another...that does nothing and i have much better things to do....

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #167 on: June 21, 2007, 05:24:05 PM »

and yes, i do think you like to make up stuff

Ok, that's all I need to know about you.

I'm not upset. I'm just telling you how it is and you refuse to believe me because apparently I lie all the time.

Yet nothing you've said here can be backed up by facts. For example you say the promoters are different yet you can't show me the proof.

The Vector Arena web site mention the DCE Group. Dainty Consolidated Entertainment?

It's quite apparent that you refuse to believe me for some reason and you keep arguing for the sake of arguing.

Have fun with that, I'll go back to "making shit up".  Roll Eyes

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 12:47:28 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: